Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 AM   #106  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Bev...

BEV ~ Now - now ... no thinking like that... You will go on Monday and you will wonder why you did not go sooner... I assure you

Boy-o-Boy ! Did we ever get a storm from the hurricane! It headed right for us in NE, OH! Got over 2" of rain yesterday and very high winds... but looks fine this morning --- even see some

Have a super day!
Old 09-20-2003, 10:54 AM   #107  

Angry Sheri & Dana...

A very GOOD MORNING to everyone!

Glad to meet you SHERI & DANA I have so enjoyed everyone on the thread... such encouragement! I am very new to Curves myself and have enjoyed it so very much! My girlfriend has wanted me to join for over a year now, but the place was too far away and I wouldn't have been able to go during the winter months. NOW... we have a brand new Curves that opened up this past Monday only 3 min. away from my home & less then 1/2 mi !! I went on Tuesday to sign up and began this Wednesday... love it! And am looking forward to going again on Monday morning! What a great program to begin before the winter months when it gets all gloomy and snowy out. Curves will help keep me out of the dumps during those months... I live in the 'snowbelt' and believe it or not - get more snow then my floks do in Maine! And barely see the sun

Anyway, I am a happy camper to have joined in BOTH places
Old 09-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #108  

Ok, I am jelous. I live in Georgia and we never, ever get any snow. We make a big deal out of just a flurry. I think that picture of Squirty in the snow is the most we had in years and it only lasted for 2 days. If it is gonna get cold bring on the snow!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #109  

Angry Cassandra...

Good Afternoon CASSANDRA I must say that when it snows in December most here just love it {me too!}... especially on Christmas eve, absolutely beautiful! A Wonderland.

But by mid January you have had about enough (well, except for the skiers ~ they never get enough.) But you begin to really miss the sun and hate all the shoveling that has to be done. Although, this year - I am going to use it as an exta workout or two
Old 09-20-2003, 07:02 PM   #110  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I got my 3x in at Curves this last week. I also walk with my dad several times a week. We only managed two walks this last week, but hopefully we'll get in one more tonight.

Just something to share about my Curves experience. When I started there, I was just hoping to lose some inches. I didn't have a clue what quality it would return to my life. Since I messed up my ACL I've been gaining weight slowly. I was already around 280 lbs. at that time, but without being able to walk 2-4 miles a day, my weight was just climbing. The more sedentary I became, the more my knee would hurt and the more sedentary I would become. It was becoming a really vicious circle. My high weight was 339. I couldn't walk 1/4 a mile without having to put my leg up for hours afterwards.

I started Curves and felt different almost immediately. My energy levels soared, and so did my attitude. I couldn't get one of the machines into position by myself at first, but within two weeks I could do it by myself. I was completely sold on the program long before my first measuring session.

I just feel so good after every workout! I've been to plenty of gyms and tried out so many different programs, but this one is a total keeper.

Just thought I'd share.

Andria
Old 09-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #111  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Cassandra - you are welcome to NH in the winter anytime. We got a ton of snow last year, and are predicted to get a whole bunch in February of next year. Of course, we are snowmobilers, so the more the better for us. We also are lucky because my husband has a snow plow and we live close to where we work where we have a bucket loader. Two years ago he had to bring it home twice because we got over 2 feet in two different storms and there was just nowhere left to plow the snow. Of course, two feet where you live would probably shut you town down for days!!

SunnyD57 - My mom and sister lived in Cleveland for a few years about 16 years ago.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #112  

Angry

Hi ANDRIA ~ Thanks for sharing! Cool Curves story "You have come a long way baby!" Good for you!

I hope to lose another 15lbs by Christmas (short term goal) and I just began Curves on Wednesday {9/17}. Feeling it today after just two workouts... I may be trying too hard.

Hello SHERI ~ I live another hour EAST of Cleveland... bet we go neck and neck in inches when it comes to snow! Been to VT in the winter and boy do they get it too! We've seen that 2' and then some... I know what you mean (!) especially when it comes to plowing or shoveling, you are lucky to have a large plow, we just have a little one.

Where do ya put that snow after so much falls --- that is the big dilemma. I KNOW!
We'll send it on over to Cassandra this year

Have a good evening ladies!
Till tomorrow...

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-20-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:45 AM   #113  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I'll take that snow! We get so little this far south in my state, and I miss it. Used to work at a ski resort, and just couldn't get enough of the white stuff.

Ummm... I'd better go try and rescue a freaked out cat. She is tearing through the house with some piece of paper stuck to her.

Andria
Old 09-21-2003, 04:21 PM   #114  

I continue to lose inches since joining Curves. I am soooo amazed at that! I was doing a liquid protein diet for three months and lost 37 pounds. Those kinds of fad diets are really just a quick and temporary thing; if you're not careful, you can gain it all back and then some.

Last week I joined Weight Watchers and am anxious for my first weigh in on Tuesday. Hopefully, I will have lost weight instead of gaining. Losing would be a huge incentive for me at this point.

Curves has been wonderful for me ~ I love it and look forward to going each time.

Good luck to all of you, and let's keep this message board going!
Old 09-21-2003, 05:30 PM   #115  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

all this talk about snow is making me cold. i lived in North Dakota for 10 years so I have had enough of snow to last me a lifetime. Now that I am in NC we get more ice then snow. So I don't know which one is better.

Ok ladies be thinking about me tomorrow - I have my rescheduled appointment for 9:30 am.

one question though- do you actually workout on your first appointment- I was wondering if I should where my sports bra tomorrow.

bev
Old 09-21-2003, 06:16 PM   #116  

Smile Bev...

Hi BEV!

I see that you are #27 on the Dr. Phil Intro thread ~ good for you! I am so excited about it beginning tomorrow. I will be at Curves at 9:00 tomorrow myself; then when I come home I will check to see all that went on while I was gone.

As far as your first day: I didn't work out the first day, but I could have. So if you want to they will take you through your first workout on the day you sign up. Being my place was brand new, the owner wasn't sure at the time I called to schedule if I would be able to. So when I went there I didn't go prepared to workout. If I had - I coulda

So go as if you will wrokout and have a great time!
I will be thinking of you!
Come back as soon as you can and fill us in, okay!!!!
God Bless!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-21-2003 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #117  

Question Hi Bev!

It's me... pesty SunnyD...

Just wondering how you did on your first day at Curves?
Sure do hope it all went well for you!!
I went this morning and had a super good workout.

I anxiously await to hear from you
Old 09-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #118  

What's snow?

Here's a little weight loss suggestion that works for me and my sister. I had a dial scale and it wasn't very accurate. So I bought a scale that is digital and measures in half pounds. Just watching the weight come off a half pound at a time is encouraging! I gave that one to my sister and bought one that measures in tenths of a pound!

I, too, am anxious to hear how Bev liked her workout today!

I just love this thread and all the lovely ladies that share here. Thanks!

Lynda
Old 09-22-2003, 01:40 PM   #119  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, well I joined curves today but I didn't workout. They schedule an appointment for your first workout. My first workout will be on wednesday morning. I am really excited about getting things going.

Ok one question when I was doing the paperwork to join they asked me to pick a size as my goal. What actually is this for? I am in a 16 now but i picked 14 and I was wondering if if I should tell them to change that to a 10. If it really doesn't make a difference i will not say anything.

have a great day everyone

bev
Old 09-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #120  

Hi, Bev!

Doesn't matter about the goal. You can change it at any time, so think about where you'd like to set it and tell her Wednesday when you go in.

I'm glad you're excited and hope you are feeling a little less nervous and shy. If it's anything like mine you'll feel comfortable in no time.

Lynda
Closed Thread