Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 AM   #181  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Happy to join c25k graduates thread but will post here if welcome.

I am trying to work up to 5km but feeling a little discouraged. Can't seem to push past 4.3km. Maybe expecting too much.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:07 AM   #182  
Walking

S/C/G: 104/ticker/81

Height: 180

Awesome justrunning. I hear treadmill is tough compared to outside.
My pace is at best 7:30/km I think that is 12min mile. Yes, slow! I hope to get to 5km in under 30 minutes. That would be amazing.
noshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM   #183  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Talking eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, help! It's ginormapost!

Yay, I'm home, and back to a regular keyboard and normal sized screen! No more poking at my iphone! I did mostly keep up with the program, but there was one day when we had to get an early start and I wasn't able to run, then jet lag when we got back (was going to run early easter monday- woke up after nine!) but I start week 8 next run so I don't think it matters much. Notes of interest:

1)yes, I did find it a bit easier running on the outer banks- it's completely flat, for one thing.
2)I ate rather like a pig, I'm afraid. Old haunts, old habits, I guess, not to mention that family get-togethers always seem to mean copious amounts of high calorie booze. *In spite of this,* I only gained 100g. This is a bloody miracle. I ate, I mean really lost it, kids. Donuts, cheese, cake, ice cream, you name it. Only gained 100 grams. I am sooooo glad I stuck with the running.

Elladorine, shall we make a contest of who can run the slowest? That will be my project when I've finished c25k- to use map my run and see if I can get further and further in 30 min, or however long the last day is... btw, don't let the 20min scare you. I thought "I'll never be able to!" but I did. First time in my life!

Awwshucks, I have map my run. (echo! lol) I'm sure you can set it for miles- mine does km, and a little voice tells me when I've done a km, what my split time was, etc. I really like it, and intend to use it when I'm done to try and get further and further in the same time, and also more duration. Will probably alternate trying to go a little further and a little faster...

BigChiefHoHo, I'm fine with either (same thread or separate threads) but I think it will depend on the numbers. Are there lots of maintainers out there? I suppose if we have finished, we are not c25kers anymore, but otoh, it would be kind of lonely and not a good motivator if the actual c25k thread had only 2 people if we all left... Is there a steady stream of newbies?
And yes, gardening does count as exercise!

Well done, justrunning! Nevermind it's only 2.5 miles; at the mo, that's what I'm doing in km!

Tafadhali, I'm not planning to run in any races- I'm not competitive ('cept with myself, maybe) and mostly I just love the feeling of schlogging through the forest and looking at the shrooms and trees and stuff. But I do plan to keep running regularly and improving, as I've said above. I wanted to run all my life and never thought I would.

noshoes, you're waaaaay faster than I am! I haven't started working on speed, yet! Something to do when I finish the program... Plus, I'm still 100 pounds overweight, so as that comes off, I'm sure I'll pick up speed.

Hello to anyone else, will see you (prolly Thursday) for *dunt dun duuuuuuuun* Week 8! Never thought I'd get there, ever.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-22-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:47 AM   #184  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Magicsusan: I rocked the 20 minute run on Sunday night, and I'm not sure how, given that I struggled with the start of week 6 tonight. I'm still extremely proud of myself that I've done every second of required running in the program without having to slow to a walk, but I definitely ran more slowly tonight. Interestingly enough, I hit exactly 2 miles in the given 34 minutes, meaning I'm averaging a 17 minute mile? But to be fair some of it is walking.

I've noticed I typically run a full lap in about 4 minutes, which is about a quarter mile. I'm hoping my speed will increase as I lose more weight and gain more experience, but right now I'm concentrating on sticking with the program and building up my stamina. I can't wait to see where I stand in a few more weeks!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #185  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

I fell off the wagon .... oops! I haven't run for about two weeks and I kept putting it off and putting it off.... cos I knew it was gonna hurt when I went back to it! But I finally did it tonight. I only ran 20 mins (was meant to be up to 25 min but thought that might be a bit adventurous!). So I'm pleased I got it done and I'm officially BACK on the wagon haha!
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:37 AM   #186  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Back on the wagon, also.

Finished week 2 yesterday. Feels good to be back! :-)
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

Did w7d2 last night - 2.5 miles! Had to slow down to a ~14 minute mile for a lot of it (usually I do around a 12-minute mile). I think I was weak because I didn't eat beforehand when usually I have a banana or something. Still, I finished it, so I'm pretty happy!
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 310/290.8/199

Height: 5'7

About to do my week2 day2! woo.
mb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #189  
mossfootrunner!

Hi Everyone.

w8d1 is done. I ran for 28 minutes! Elladorine,I'm so glad you had a good run. I used my MMR app and my average time was 9:31/km, about 15 min/mile. It's odd; so many times I thought, "I'll surely have to repeat, I bet I won't be able to do the next bit." But I managed, every time. The final day on my 5k app has 35min run time. I'm interested to see after that if I get faster. (I read an article somewhere that said all other things remaining equal, a pound of lost weight meant 2 seconds faster/mile. We'll see.)

Welcome back on the wagon, Lilmisschattabox and Karin Rose! It's a nice wagon, with free smoothies!

BigChiefHoHo, I can't run when I'm hungry either!

Hello mb2004- so, how did it go?
Old 04-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #190  

It went well! So far I havent had to stop or even walk when I was supposed to be jogging!!! Monday Wednesday and Fridays are my run days, but I feel lost on what I should be doing the other days.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

mb2004 - I think at this point it's fine to just rest on your off-days. Alternatively, you could life some weights or 'cross-train,' which I gather is any kind of cardio that isn't running. I like to hit up zumba or spin class on some of my days off.

My run this morning was a good example of what you just said, magicsusan. I just was NOT feeling it at all. I was so sure I'd fail and have to repeat. But... I didn't. Weird. My legs just kept going and I got my w7d3 done. Now I'm sure I'll fail w8d1, but we'll have to see, haha.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #192  

BigChiefHoho everytime I see your picture, I have to force my self to not AWWW outloud! is that a wrap or ring sling? My little is 13 months, not so little..... Our gym has really terrible classes that work for my time limits. so I'm on my own, AND, they only have one treadmill, and one elliptical, that is currently broken other than that they have an awesome weight room.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #193  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

Did Wk3d1 today and now feel that weeks 3 and 4 are attainable. But continuing to flip out a little (in advance) about wk 5. I just keep telling myself to worry about this week and stop looking ahead. Now if I will only listen to myself!
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Hi guys! I think I'm a bit behind you all, but I just started my first Couch to 5k plan. Never thought I'd see the day when I would be training to be marathon-ready.

I've always loved to run, but seldom did it outside of gym class, I think most due to being self conscious. But anyway, here I am finally gettin' it done. And does it feel gooooood.

Today I completed my Week 1, Day 2 run. Felt easy compared to Day 1!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 04-24-2014 at 11:30 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:53 AM   #195  
mossfootrunner!

mb2004, anything that doesn't involve your lower body. I lift weights and do exercises for my middle- back, abs, torso... I do yoga if I'm feeling knackered.

BigChiefHoHo, this was a tough one for me to get. Someone somewhere in this forum (and probably other places as well) was talking about the difference between motivation and commitment. It's easy for me to lace up and head out when I'm feeling motivated. Commitment is doing it anyway when I'd rather be doing anything but... The surprise (and I don't know why this always comes as a surprise, but it still does) is that it works (in terms of preparing my body for the next run) whether I enjoyed it or not. You will be fine for week 8.

Haha, Karinrose; look back at my posts from that time! I was such a whiner. "No, don't talk about week five! You're scaring me!" And yet, when it was my turn to do it, I managed. One run at a time. And if you need to repeat, repeat! But you probably won't. You certainly won't be the only one who did if you do, though!

XRiotGirl, we have a rolling enrollment plan Welcome. Starting was the hardest for me, too. The first weeks were the only ones I ever had to repeat.

Later, Alligators.

Last edited by Magicsusan; 04-25-2014 at 01:54 AM.