Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey everyone! I think I am going to restart my C25K program tonight. Quick recap: I made it to W8 in February and had to stop due to severe knee pain. Turns out I have osteoarthritis under my kneecap. Over the past week or so, I've noticed that the pain is (finally) nearly gone, so I want to try the program again. I think I will start over from W1D1 and see how it goes. Wish me luck!
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:07 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/124/115

Height: 5' 5"

Default Newbie :)

Hi all!

I'm new to the forums and hoping it's ok to jump in! I just finished W5D1 yesterday and was SO proud of myself . I really didn't think I could run 3 five minute sets, but I did it and it felt great! Now of course I'm worried about the 8 min runs coming up, but at the same time I'm super excited to give it a shot
justrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Back fadedbluejeans! I am glad that you are feeling better and ready to try again.

Justrunning- Congrats of week 5. I am on the same place as you. I actually had competed week 5 but then took 2 weeks off so I am starting week 5 over again because week 6 was too much. The 8 min sections aren't too bad and it is nice there are only two of them, so once you finish the first one you are half way there.

Last edited by Rated; 03-26-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Rated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:58 PM   #94  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

YoAdrian, fadedbluejeans & justrunning! Yay for new running buddies! We're all at different levels here, but the sense of accomplishment is something we all feel and we'll gladly share that with you!

YoAdrian You've done it before; you can do it again! Believe me, we can all relate to backsliding. Congrats on completing a marathon! wow! Not sure I'll ever be able to do that, but it's very impressive!

fadedbluejeans Go easy at first. I have arthritis, too -- but it moves around on me and comes and goes. I imagine that the weather plays a part in it, and, since I've been more active, it has almost disappeared. Hope the coming warmer days help you, too.

justrunning Isn't it great to do something you thought you couldn't do? That's the greatest thing about this program, I think. You'll get that same feeling of pride when you complete next week's run -- and YOU WILL! Don't doubt it!

I'm really glad you guys are joining in. It's great to see so many people getting healthy and pushing themselves to do more. Keep us posted on your progress. Sharing with each other is part of the fun!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #95  
I think I'm losing it!

W8D2 -- Tonight was the first time I wanted to give up. I just felt tired tonight, and thought it should be over when I was only half way through. I'm stubborn enough that I stuck it out to the end, but it wasn't easy. I didn't have much protein for lunch, and I'm wondering if that was it. Perhaps I just didn't have enough fuel.

Does anyone else like the way their legs feel when they finish? Weird, but I kind of feel tingles up and down my legs when I'm walking my cool down. I like to think that it's them slimming down! ha! wishful thinking! But, really, it's kind of a funny feeling - not painful at all, but interesting.

magicSusan Yay for losing some pounds! That's the whole point of this, isn't it? Sorry I can't help you with running tights - I don't even know what that is. I don't think Wal-mart would carry them. You might have to try a sporting goods store or a specialty running store. Hope you can find some in VA.

I'm taking a little road trip next week and going to another state, also. I want to keep up my running - surely I can find a high school track somewhere. I like the thought that I will have run in two states! And, you will have run on two continents if you continue over here. Please do -- just so you can say that!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #96  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
Welcome Back fadedbluejeans! I am glad that you are feeling better and ready to try again.

Justrunning- Congrats of week 5. I am on the same place as you. I actually had competed week 5 but then took 2 weeks off so I am starting week 5 over again because week 6 was too much. The 8 min sections aren't too bad and it is nice there are only two of them, so once you finish the first one you are half way there.
I like the way you think! I'm going to try to focus more on the fact that I only have to run twice and not on how long those runs will be

I'm planning to run this evening after work, so wish me luck!
Old 03-27-2014, 10:03 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwShucks View Post

justrunning Isn't it great to do something you thought you couldn't do? That's the greatest thing about this program, I think. You'll get that same feeling of pride when you complete next week's run -- and YOU WILL! Don't doubt it!

I'm really glad you guys are joining in. It's great to see so many people getting healthy and pushing themselves to do more. Keep us posted on your progress. Sharing with each other is part of the fun!
Respectfully snipped your post, hope that's ok:

It is a wonderful feeling! It makes me look forward to the next run, even if I'm a little intimidated
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 257/ticker/154

Height: 5'5.5"

Thanks everyone! I completed W1D1 with no problems (although I'm a little bummed to have to go back to the start when I had been to week 8 just 2 months ago). I'm only going to run once a week and focus on strength training on the other days.

Rated and Justrunning - I know you'll make it through the 8's ...I actually found that the longer runs got easier, after you are fully warmed up you kind of get in a zone and it feels really good to keep going in stead of stopping so often to walk
fadedbluejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #99  

Talking

Guys.........I DID IT!!!!!

I just completed W5D2

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!

I can only hope W5D3's 20 min run will go just as well
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 PM   #100  
I think I'm losing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrunning View Post
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be!
See? Told you so!
Yay for you!

Last edited by AwShucks; 03-27-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

W4d2 down, and it went okay. Got to do it outside, and it was actually a little exciting. Usually when I run through my neighbor's farm, all the cows are in one pasture to the side of the road. Today there were cows in the pastures on BOTH sides, which I thought was mildly unusual until one of them just walked out onto the road in front of me. Turns out the electric fence was off and they were just milling around! My running startled them and they almost got a little stampede going... So I turned around and ran the other way quite a bit faster than I'd been planning on going, haha. They're not particularly violent animals, but man are they big and scary when they're not behind a fence.

Welcome, everybody! Congrats on w5d2, [b]justrunning[b]!

fadedbluejeans, you're totally right about it feeling easier once you 'get in the zone.' I was really frustrated during my longer runs today because I hit that feeling-good zone about thirty seconds before stopping each time.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #102  

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody!

W1D3 done this morning, which made me late to work, but it was totally worth it. Week 1 is in the bag. One down, eight to go!

Is anyone else doing the C25K treadmill version? I am self conscious about running outside when I am this heavy (I realize this is foolish but I'm sure you can relate). Also, I think the treadmill surface is better for my joints. I do love to run outside and I have the good fortune of living in a place that is beautiful and safe for running, but I'm still too nervous to do it. Maybe I will add in an easy "long run" on Sunday that is outside...

fadedbluejeans, it looks like you and I are both starting at around the same point. Is anyone else in Week 1/2?

Happy Friday,
YoAdrian

Last edited by YoAdrian; 03-28-2014 at 02:34 PM.
YoAdrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #103  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Hello YoAdrian, Fadedbluejeans and just running! Fantastic to have new people aboard!

Did w4d3 today- wasn't too bad. That's it from this continent til after Easter

I'm off on Sunday and keen to see if running down lower is easier. Also keen to pick up some large size running gear a bit cheaper.

Sorry for the lack of personals- I am sooooo knackered from last minute washing, packing, present buying.... I also apologize in advance because I'll be checking in on an iphone while on holiday, so prolly won't be typing long messages there either...

Keep on running!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #104  
Katherine

S/C/G: 283/280/172

Height: 5'10

I am complete awestruck with my self. Last fall It was a struggle to even jog for 30 seconds at a time, and then this morning I did W3D1. I ran for 3 minutes straight! Ahh! I don't think I have ever ran that long in my life! I feel so accomplished. I absolutely love this program. Obviously, I am no marathon runner, but to increase my endurance by 6x is such an accomplishment.
kailpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #105  

I don't think I've ever been more proud of myself than I am right now.

I just ran 20 (twenty!!!) minutes without walking!!

I can't even believe it. I didn't think I could do it, but I did and I'm so proud