Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2001, 03:40 PM   #1  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Thumbs down

Since nobody had started the March thread & February is long gone, I thought I'd get us back into action!

Every month we focus on a different area to get "under control" - LOL! All our welcome - the more the merrier Thought this month we could focus on legs since we'll be wanting to wear dresses soon to show off our "stems"!

Have a good one & let's try to check in more w/each other this month.
Old 03-09-2001, 04:08 PM   #2  
Believe it & Achieve it

Right on, count me in!

I'll try to post more later.

Emily
Old 03-10-2001, 01:51 PM   #3  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Many welcomes Emily. I noticed your from Oregon - whereabouts? I grew up & was married there. I lived all over (from Medford to McMinnville)!

I did some sit ups & leg lifts last nite. I'm still using my ab-roller & ab-glide, too. I'll be getting some walking in for my legs this weekend

Ledom, Jessie.... where are you guys? Check in!
Old 03-12-2001, 02:12 PM   #4  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hey Peoples, where are ya? Lisa, Emily, Ledom, Jessie, and the rest of you! Check in.

The weekend went pretty well for me - I survived a birthday party and eating out a few times.

I plan on doing lots of walking this week - anyone care to join me? The weathers great here in Mesa!

Later - Nona
Old 03-13-2001, 11:21 PM   #5  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey Nona and Emily,

It is great to be back, I got lost in the shuffle of the new board change.

Well, since I last posted here, my kayak arrived. Last weekend was my first to have it and I went out Sat. and Sun. I can tell it is going to be great for my arms, shoulders, and chest. Plus it is very much fun.

I think it is harder to get out of than to get into and I definatly need to keep the muscles in my legs strong so that will be easier.

Busy, busy, with work. For some reason I have found it impossible to exercise during the week this semester. Hopefully with daylight savings time and longer days I can do something in the evening. Other good news is that the hiking trails where I live have finally been reopened after the devastating ice storms knocked hundreds of trees down on the trails. Things are looking up.

So glad you got us started back up Nona.
Old 03-14-2001, 12:28 PM   #6  
Dropping so I can TTC

Legs are my easiest area to tone. I gotta admit I LOVE those FIRM tall box leg presses! (Ok I am nuts!) Maybe I should rephrase that and say I love what it does to my legs and rear. I still run screaming in the other direction if someone mentions “Let’s do Standing Legs or Tough Tape”. I have also begun adding floor leg work (something I always avoided). I still scream when it is time to do FIRM Vol 1. (shudder)
Old 03-14-2001, 12:49 PM   #7  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Glad to see you guys back My son started T-Ball again yesterday. Last year my DH drove him to the practices and games while I opted to walk. I made the same decision last nite. It felt great to slip back into the same "old routine" from last year.

Take it easy & I'll check back later....
Old 03-18-2001, 12:03 PM   #8  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Nona, Emily, Jill, how's it going?

This is spring break for me and I'm determined to have good exercise haibts all week, also am paying close attention to my diet. This will be my self-directed spa week as a matter of fact. Yesterday I hiked 2 1/2 miles and today I did Tough Tape. So I'm off to a good start. Hope everyone else is doing well. Now Jill, when is your wedding?
Old 03-20-2001, 01:30 AM   #9  
Dropping so I can TTC

Ledom-my wedding is December 11th. This week I am concentrating on my Cardio. I think this Friday I will attempt Tough tape or standing legs. I will get some FIRM floor work in this week
Old 03-24-2001, 01:39 AM   #10  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

So glad I got back on track with my walking. I love it. I'm doing some leg lifts as well. My son will be going on a field trip to the zoo w/his kindergarten class Monday. I will be supervising as well - - lots of walking then!

Ledom - How did your spring break go? Did you go anywhere? My sister & her family visited this past week during their spring break.

Jill - Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Where is everyone? Hope to hear from you guys soon!
Nona
Closed Thread