Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #16  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLaurent View Post
The Airbourne Toxic Event.
Dear god, I am in love. I'd never heard them before, but that's some seriously great music. Can either of you recommend some specific songs that would work well for workouts?
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

I've recently discovered a band called Foster The People. They just released a CD last week called Torches. Just try to NOT get up and move to it! I'm
sure I'm old enough to be any of the guys Mom,but what the heck. Lol!
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #18  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veal2Steel View Post
Foster The People
Pumped Up Kicks is one of my favorite songs to work out to.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 61"

I like anything thats upbeat. lately I have been listening to Panic at the Disco.
dj mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/123/???

Height: 5'7

I love speedcore and hardcore podcasts. Having new music to listen to all the time is awsome. Right now I'm listening to "Q-dance," "SUGAR" and "Goodgreef Xtra Hard" (the names are soo ridiculous, ha ).
There's really tons and tons of them. Yay for free music!
vabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/167/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys, just had to throw this one in: Shinedown-Ambience

Not sure if it's your genre or anything, but I can use it for lifting, running, or dancing! And shinedown is Awesome!
sniperhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:52 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
Dear god, I am in love. I'd never heard them before, but that's some seriously great music. Can either of you recommend some specific songs that would work well for workouts?
My bf has the download. When I see him, I can post the name of our fav song. It's totally awesome! I'll post later.
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #23  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Ohhhh how I love music threads.

fitness4life, I think you're talking about The Airborne Toxic Event. AWESOME band, I love love love them. When I heard them for the first time about a year ago I was actually compelled to go out and buy their entire CD at a real, walk-in music store. I haven't done that in more years than I can remember. I have some ATE on my gym playlist -- Sometime Around Midnight, Girls in their Summer Dresses, Innocence...gah. It's all so good. I haven't downloaded their newer record yet, but I adore what I've heard so far. Yay for amazing music.

As for my preference, I have really eclectic taste in music so it varies from old school punk to kickass rock to the occasional Britney (Toxic, anyone?) and some stuff I'm way too old to be listening to like Akon and TI, and there's nothing like Biggie's Big Poppa for a cooldown. Except maybe Adele, who made me cry on the treadmill today because her cover of the Cure's Lovesong is one of the most beautiful things ever.

My two favorite angry, push-me-when-I'm-about-to-give-up songs these days are Uprising by Muse and Love the Way You Lie by Eminem (and Rihanna).

I find it almost impossible to work out without music (or bad music) -- it's literally what keeps me going.

Would love to hear more suggestions from you guys!
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Phoenix has some really good songs to workout to. Specifically, Too Young or Fences. Also, Miike Snow's Animal, Horse is not a Home and Cult Logic are great workout songs. The Junior Boys' Bits and Pieces is also really great. Oh, and the Boyz Noize remix of Feist's My Moon My Man is great stuff for workout.

Last edited by fatferretfanatic; 05-30-2011 at 06:18 PM.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 93/78/65 kg

Height: 172 cm

I usually listen to 80s whilst working out ... "Holding out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler ... "Some Girls" by Racey .... and 'Superfreak " to give you the general idea ...

I've just downloaded the recommended Airbourne Toxic Event songs ... Great music (thanks for the recommendation) but I don't think it is cheesy enough for my gym list!!!!

And just a wee shout out for 'Love Love Love" by Avalanche City ... my favourite kiwi song at the minute ...
HMM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #26  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness4life View Post
Thanks for the correct name of that band! Since you like strings and horns, I'm gonna ask you if you've heard of this other band, but like above, I can't remember the whole name.

It's a guy who performs a lot in Breckenridge, CO. The Charlie something band. I saw him "with horns" as it was billed. Holy cow. They had a baritone sax! String bass, trumpet, all with rock music electric guitar ( I think, it was long ago and it was also a Patron night ). Do you know who I'm talking about?
Hmmm. That sounds like a funk/jazz band. The best I could find is The Charlie Hunter Trio?
Hope that helps.

Awwww. Everyone here at 3FC has such good music taste! Rock on!
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #27  

Ash - That's the band! Thanks! It was driving me crazy. Poor memory.

The Airborn Toxic Event song (I'm LOL coz I can't even remember the exact name after listening to it 3 times yesterday) is called something like Begins after midnight...or something about midnight... my fav part is after the lyrics "You look like you saw a ghost" the violins make my hair on my arms stand up. It sounds SO cool!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #28  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Quote:
The Airborn Toxic Event song (I'm LOL coz I can't even remember the exact name after listening to it 3 times yesterday) is called something like Begins after midnight...or something about midnight... my fav part is after the lyrics "You look like you saw a ghost" the violins make my hair on my arms stand up. It sounds SO cool!
That's the song that made me fall in love with the band. And the lyrics! Oh man. So beautiful and sad. I agree with what you said earlier about how it builds and builds, too.

(For anyone who's wondering what in the world we're talking about, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYPoMjR6-Ao

Enjoy!)

Edited to add: If you like songs that do that build up thing, check out When You Were Young by the Killers or Miami by Counting Crows -- great to start out slow and ramp up while you're doing cardio!

Last edited by gloo; 06-01-2011 at 12:06 PM.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:50 PM   #29  

Cool, gloo! Thnx
Old 06-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #30  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Ash - That's the band! Thanks! It was driving me crazy. Poor memory.

Glad I could help! LOL. Patron night.
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote