Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #16  

I've come close to puking when I run, and I legitimately do not have exercise bulimia issues. It comes with the territory sometimes-- warmer weather, maybe, and pushing harder than it turns out I'm really fit enough for. For me, there's no relation to nutrition or when I've eaten or not eaten.

Truth be told, I'd rather have the occasional puking worry (and I'm a horrible, horrible puker--it's always traumatic for me) than deal with runner's trots which I'm thankful I do not get.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #17  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I ate a sandwich and banana before I went jogging/walking yesterday and midway through I felt like I was going to vomit! I hated the feeling and I just stopped jogging and kept on walking.
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #18  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i find if i eat too much, or even drink too much water, i'll feel a little sick, or feel it bouncing around. so i try to do anything where i'm doing a lot of bouncing before i eat breakfast, or awhile after a meal. if i HAVE to have something, it'll be really small. like a small piece of fruit or cheese. just a sip of water.

usually, the only time i feel like puking is when i try to run when i'm recovering from a cold, with nasal drainage. so i try to just take it easy those days until i'm up to hard exercise.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #19  
We'll go with that!

S/C/G: 262/230/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
It's almost ritualistic: Look, the fat person is atoning & is literally being purged of his or her evil, slothful, gluttonous ways. The person is cleansing himself/herself of toxins, back out of the stomach up through the mouth, which is exactly the same way they got in there to begin with. Exercise will make them pure & strong & healthy. The righteous wrath of the trainer praying with them ... er, ah, I mean, encouraging them & being supportive ... will cast out all that devil fat. Amen, sister. Scourge yourself some more on that treadmill.

I guess I'm lucky I haven't witnessed any of this... I really don't want TV. Unless of course.. it's SpongeBob.

I will admit though that I exercise at night, after different (it's the only time I can get it in!) And if I've eaten a large meal, or if I am drinking alot of water during the exercise.. it will feel like there is food/liquid in my throat. It's not very comfortable. But I don't think it's going anywhere.

LR
LightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 200+/151/125

I've done it before, mostly during the up/down of certain intense plyometric workouts ( Insanity!) or interval training on a track. My everyday runs make me uncomfortable and I get some cramping sometimes, but I never get the puke feeling during those.
bellona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 216.5/190.3/150-ish?

I was a lifeguard from ages 15-18 and at our pool there were, well, lets just say 'certain' nationwide swim teams that would have "trash can practices." The coaches pushed the kids (usually high schoolers, sometimes middle school age) to the point of throwing up so they kept trash cans near the end of the lanes for them. And these kids were in extraordinary physical condition, so to push them to that extreme... wow. They used a lot of aggressive methods but parents didn't seem to care as long as they won in meets.. gah.
boxen06 is offline   Reply With Quote