Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #121  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

My first three minute run of week 3 went really well! It's hard to believe how quickly I am able to increase my time running. I love it!

Today is my running rest day, but that didn't stop me from getting a killer workout at the gym. I did 45 minutes of spinning, then did weights for i'm not sure how long. I was there for like 2 hours though so yeah! Any biggest loser watchers out there? If so: ever see those parts where bob or jillian try to get one of the contestants to jump up on one of those high platforms? I had one of those moments today. It was the smallest one the gym had, but it still looked daunting. I told myself that I was not going to leave until I atleast TRIED. It took me FOREVER to work up the courage to just JUMP. I finally did, I landed with both feet on the platform, but was off balance and fell straight back on my booty! There was one other guy in the room and I just had to laugh at myself. I got up there! I can actually jump that high! Now I just have to work on 'sticking' the landing! lol

Blue- Congrats on 3.6 miles! You rock! I can't wait til I can go for that long.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry. Hope everyone has a great day!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #122  
Half Marathoner!!!

It's me again!

So I have my very first race on December 19th. It is a 2 mile "christmas run" and I'm really excited! Ive been reading up on how to dress for running outside and I came across something called a "neck gaiter" that you can pull up over your mouth. I'm wondering if any of you ladies wear one? When I went outside to do my run yesterday, it wasn't a very cold day (we are having an indian summer where last year we had snow on the ground but this year we barely get any frost in the am) but afterwards, my sinuses felt sniffly and my throat kinda did as well. I'm wondering if I should get one of these things to wear for my x mas run?

I'm also trying to find a pair of candy cane striped tights and a santa hat, too but that's beside the point!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Tonight is supposed to be the peak of the storm with rain thru tomorrow evening. The forcast on the HM site says it will be a bit more humid than we would like but the storm should be cleared out. *good weather vibes*. I am still so nervous. I have found out that the course is pretty hilly. I am nervous almost each day and definitely everytime I think about it.

fat - I hope you end up with good weather as well.

Amy - Seem like you had a lot of fun. Welcome back

Eve - I am glad to hear your 3 min went well. Wait until you start running 20 minutes at a time....it is so amazing how quickly it comes. Your Christmas run is going to awesome. First time races are so exciting

BlueRidge - i would be cool to meet up at one of the races....to get to me someone off 3FC IRL. WOW

everyone!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:12 PM   #124  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all-- i havnet been MIA----i cant seem to get on to 3FC!! ANyone else having isses for the past few days?!?! WTF?
Anyway, real quick before it boots me:

FAT-- Will be thinkin of you for your 10k this weekend (it IS this weekend, right?) You are gonna rock it!! HAve a lot of fun, even with the craptastic weather!! Dont go out to fast!! Promise?? I checked out last years race for the turkey trot up there in Longmont, and it seems like a pretty big deal. If youre feeling UBEr nervouse about it i wouldnt mind too terribly running it with you for fun........ i believe my house is on the way up to Longmont for you!! (im actually not joking....if you want someone to run with you, at YOUR pace, i would LOVE TO....)

CAKE--- This is your time now....you have prepped as well as you could, and there is nothing you can do about the weather....dont let it hold you back....just try and relax and go with it!! 13.1 mi will go by so fast you wont be able to believe it!! i want you to also start out pretty slow , untill you get your groove on...if you feel like going a littl fastrt after mil 4 than go for it (but only a little). and then run as fast as your little legs want to once you get past mi 10! GOOD LUCK!! we are all rooting for you!

EVEL-- my advice about neck gaiters---they are only useful for activities like downhill skiing, where you have a lot of "down time" (like on the lifts) where you arent moving and get cold. I think you will SERIOUSLY overheat in a neck gaiter. IMHO. DO me a favor and make a point to run at least a LITTLE bit next time it gets 30 degrees or below where you are.......you need to see how quickly you overheat once you start running!! Even when it was 17 degrees out here a few weeks ago, i wore only a tank top, running tights, and a light wind resistant running jacket and HEAVY gloves...heavy gloves are important when its cold!!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #125  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey all-- i havnet been MIA----i cant seem to get on to 3FC!! ANyone else having isses for the past few days?!?! WTF?
Anyway, real quick before it boots me:

FAT-- Will be thinkin of you for your 10k this weekend (it IS this weekend, right?) You are gonna rock it!! HAve a lot of fun, even with the craptastic weather!! Dont go out to fast!! Promise?? I checked out last years race for the turkey trot up there in Longmont, and it seems like a pretty big deal. If youre feeling UBEr nervouse about it i wouldnt mind too terribly running it with you for fun........ i believe my house is on the way up to Longmont for you!! (im actually not joking....if you want someone to run with you, at YOUR pace, i would LOVE TO....)

CAKE--- This is your time now....you have prepped as well as you could, and there is nothing you can do about the weather....dont let it hold you back....just try and relax and go with it!! 13.1 mi will go by so fast you wont be able to believe it!! i want you to also start out pretty slow , untill you get your groove on...if you feel like going a littl fastrt after mil 4 than go for it (but only a little). and then run as fast as your little legs want to once you get past mi 10! GOOD LUCK!! we are all rooting for you!

EVEL-- my advice about neck gaiters---they are only useful for activities like downhill skiing, where you have a lot of "down time" (like on the lifts) where you arent moving and get cold. I think you will SERIOUSLY overheat in a neck gaiter. IMHO. DO me a favor and make a point to run at least a LITTLE bit next time it gets 30 degrees or below where you are.......you need to see how quickly you overheat once you start running!! Even when it was 17 degrees out here a few weeks ago, i wore only a tank top, running tights, and a light wind resistant running jacket and HEAVY gloves...heavy gloves are important when its cold!!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #126  

Cake - it's great weather here so I'm sure it's nice in Richmond too! The storm passed and it's all sunshine and light breeze - great running weather. Have a great race!

EveL - congrats on signing up for your first race! Sounds like you will go out in style!

Mkroyer - Yeah, I've had difficulty both yesterday and today getting on 3FC so happy to have been able to get on now.

Just had to share my good news that last night I ran a sub-10 minute mile!!! I went to the gym, did my strength routine and then got on the treadmill and set it to a 9:49 pace. When I was at .8/mile I felt decent so I actually kicked up the speed a bit for the last bit and clocked a mile in 9 minutes and 30 seconds. WOW!!! This has been a goal of mine since I started running and it feels like a huge step forward.

Okay, have a great day all! Keep up the great work!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:13 PM   #127  
Workin' It

Good afternoon!

Cake - good luck today!

Eve - I was going to say what MK said, you will likely warm up too fast for a neck gaiter. Gloves are a good idea for cold temps, though, absolutely.

3 miles on Thursday, then 3 miles today. Planned a longer run for today, but they were having a "Living History Timeline" at the park where I run so it was pretty crowded. I'm going away tomorrow for a little three day vacation, so wasn't feeling like pushing it anyway.

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #128  
Half Marathoner!!!

OMG I'm finally able to get on! I've been having 3fc withdrawal!

Everyone who is racing this weekend GOOD LUCK! (cake and skinny i believe?) You guys will do awesome! I wish There were some 3fc'ers in Idaho to run with. That would be sweet! The nearest turkey trot for me is a 4 hour drive...

blue- congrats on the sub 10 min mile! That too is a goal of mine one day. You rock!

Mk & shannon- thanks for the advice. I will certainly take your advice and not over do it with the clothes! Thanks!

Got day 2 of week 3 done and it went great. I'm having some ipod problems though...it seems to have died on me. Not even my hubby can fix it (and he's Mr. Fix it! lol) Good thing I'm getting a touch for x mas I'll just have to use hubby's ipod til then.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #129  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Morning (er...afternoon) everyone! It's nice to be back after not being able to get on 3FC for a day or two. Not much going on with me. I've had some good runs the last couple of days, but I'm finding that the cold weather isn't agreeing too well with me after being in FL for a week!! I find that when I run outdoors in the cold I seem to have a bit of breathing trouble at times, like this morning when I crapped out after 1.5 miles and had to stop moving altogether to catch my breath. Not sure why, but if it keeps on happening I may talk to my doctor about it. I NEVER have trouble breathing at the gym or in warmer conditions or any other times. Weird?! Now I'm starting to feel nervous about running a 5K outdoors on Thanksgiving...maybe I'm just psyching myself out though. Being from Florida, I am a HUGE baby about the cold even though I am in Wisconsin now.

GOOD LUCK to everyone racing this weekend! And have lots of fun out there...

Eve - sounds like you are kicking C25K's behind! YAY! Sorry to hear about the iPod dying though. At least a new one is coming soon. Ooooh, and that race sounds perfect! My first timed race was a two miler, and I did it right around week 6 (or was it 7) of C25K, and it was perfect timing for me. Enjoy!

Blue - a sub 10 minute mile? COOL! That is a goal of mine too but getting lower than 10:30 is like breaking the sound barrier (for me). So, I congratulate you on this awesome accomplishment!!

Happy running, everyone!!
crk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies! Holy freaking Canoodles! I finished in 2:15:09! Its the most amazing thing I have ever done! I'll give the long version on my laptop. I am via blackberry rt now. Get this I had four "followers" for about 5 miles because they thought I was such an inspiration! Idk why but damn it was cool! But I had to part with them at 10. But I stayed to see them finish! Be back when I have a computer!

MK- that's exactly what I did! No shyt! I started really slow and gradually built up. After 10 I ran like a bat out if ****!

Fat - I hope ur race went well!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:41 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

What has been going on with 3fc? yikes! I haven't been able to get on for days!

I ran three miles this morning and it didn't totally kick my a$$ so I may have found my groove again. Still to chicken to go back outside for a run but I'd better get over that if I am going to do the resolution run I am registered for!

Nice to see you again! Good luck to those of you racing this weekend!
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #132  
Half Marathoner!!!

crk- i am also a big baby about the cold! I hope that you get your breathing issues figured out!

Cake- that is AWESOME! I'm so glad your race went well. Congrats on the time! I can't wait to hear more about it!
Old 11-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 210/199/125

Height: 5'3"

Okay I thought I was the only one having issues getting on. Phew! Congrats on those runs, ladies! Wow, a sub-10 mile? I can only DREAM of getting there at this point. And Cake, great job on your run! I'm so excited for everyone!

I took today and yesterday off, as my ankle feels tender again. I did, however, step on the scale a little bit earlier than my usual Sunday morning weigh-in, and I am at 199.8. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that first number be a 1 instead of a 2! So I've dropped 2 lbs this week! We celebrated our anniversary a little late by heading to Hooters near the house and I had the grilled chicken in a 3 mile wing sauce and some fries. Half the fries went to my girl and hubby, though. Since lunch was heavy, dinner at work was chicken noodle soup. I'm not going to sabotage myself and overeat again... I'm going to swap out fatty foods for grilled, and my celebrations (besides the anniversary- it's our 15th) are all non-foods. 2 more lbs, and I get a new book! Yay!

Yay everybody!
Smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:33 PM   #134  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi guys!!! Thanks for thinking about me... this is the first time I've been able to get on 3FC since like Wednesday...site was down for me Thurs/Fri. CAKE what a great HM time!!! You killed it! You should be so proud of yourself!!

MK wish I had seen your offer sooner... I would have loved to run with you! The weather actually wasn't too bad this morning...last night when we were driving up (my in laws live in Brighton so we stayed with them) the weather was terrible and it took us 3 hours to drive up ... I kept thinking if it's like this tomorrow I will just lose the $20 reg fee and stay in bed!!! But fortunately it cleared out in the morning and it was just cold...other than that it was really nice, no wind/snow/rain. I wasn't too nervous... I just kept thinking "gee I just want to finish and I hope I don't come in last" given I've actually never run 6 miles before... I had it in my head I wanted to come in around 1:20 and totally expected to walk a bit.

Well - I totally ROCKED it! I ran the entire 6.2 miles and finished in 1:15!! My awesome, sweet hubby ran with me entire time and kept cheering me on even though he can run way faster (darn long legs! lol). Around mile 5 is when I really started to feel it and that last mile seemed the longest but I just kept going. I am incredibly pleased with how it went! The course is GREAT...no hills hahaha.

Anyway thanks for all the support ladies!!!!

Last edited by Fat Pants; 11-14-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #135  
Half Marathoner!!!

Smee, congrats on reaching ONEDERLAND! That is so awesome! Please save me a seat because I will *hopefully* be there soon! And also congrats on your anniversary!

Skinny- Great job on your race! You totally conquered it!