Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2001, 04:32 AM   #1  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA but life has kept me so busy plus I was off of work yesterday and don't have a computer at home. I've done well all weekend with my program and I'm really feeling good.

Nona-I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident ! I hope you are alright. Take care of yourself and don't do too much until you feel better.

Barb-Hi stranger ! I was so happy to see your post! It sounds like you are doing great. I know you must be busy but it was so nice of you to drop in to say hi and get us up to speed on what's been going on in your life. I really do love the Sparks program. So far so good. The ten minute thing is really working for me. I'll let you know what results I get from it. I know I feel pretty good. Check in whenever you can. We miss you!

Kim-Don't feel bad about that diet program! I can't do the Ketosis thing either. It really makes me ill. Just stick with what you know is right with you and what will make you feel better. Remember we're all here for you !

Christy-Welcome to our little group ! I have the Body for Life book and I think it's an amazing program. I'm currently doing the Sparks program though. The ten minute exercise thing is what really got me hooked. Are you doing the BFL challenge? Did you do the photos and everything? I just think it's amazing the transformations that the participants have gone through. I'm glad you're here so you can report your success story to us! Post as often as you can.

MEME-I'm so sorry you are sick ! I'm going to send you some get well wishes and hopefully you will recover quickly. Thankfully I got over the cold I had without allot of complications. I'm feeling pretty good now. I hope you get your health back soon and thanks for posting even when you are sick.

Amy-You sure are spontaneous ! It sounds like you are having a great time! Thanks for checking in.

Too Sexy for This Body-I have never had shin splints but I'm sure someone on here will answer your questions soon. It sounds painful!

Okay I'm going to start another thread because this is on two pages so you will see this post again.

------------------
Rose
Old 02-21-2001, 09:04 AM   #2  
Vegetarian

Yes, I am doing the 'challenge'. I feel very strongly about it. After the birth of my first daughter, I did the challenge and went from a size 22/20 to a 12!! I never got to finish my challenge, though, and get to the weight I really wanted because I got pregnant with #2 in the middle of it. So I am back to do it again. I "officially" start my challenge today. I have been warming up for the last 2 weeks. I am getting my bodyfat and weight checked today for a solid starting point. I had it checked 10 days ago and I was 200.8 pounds at 36.3% bodyfat. I currently wear a size 18.
So now that I have 'informed' everyone, please keep me in check. I AM GOING TO DO THIS!! I am so excited! I go to the gym today for my lower body weight training session. I did the 20 min. Aerobic solution on my elliptical yesterday. It was envigorating!
Well, on to another day.
PS. I live in Okinawa Japan (military wife), so I will be approx. 13-17 hours ahead of those in the states. That is why you may see a "good morning" post at midnight.
Christy
Old 02-21-2001, 07:17 PM   #3  
Vegetarian

Ok, sorry to post again... But I got my beginning stats for the challenge today, and took my before pictures. My stats are-
Weight- 200.0
<91-lbs water/37-lbs muscle/ 72-lbs fat>
Bodyfat- 36.1%
WOW! I have my work cut out for me! Well, off to bed so I can get a good nights sleep. It'll be an 'Eliptical' morning for me!
Bye!
Christy
Old 02-22-2001, 09:12 AM   #4  

I last posted on Valentine's Day! Wow, I didn't think it was that long ago. I've lost 9 pounds with the Weight Watchers program. I go weigh in on Friday. If I drop that 10th pound, I'm booking a massage! Hey, even if I don't drop the 10th, I think I still deserve it.

I've been to the Y. Usually I'm fitting in 3 times on the Nautilus machines followed by 30 min. on the elliptical. On the days I don't do the nautilus, I'm either walking outside or doing the 30 minutes on the elliptical. It depends on the weather. Today I did a little more than 2 miles!

I started back at this in mid January because of High Blood Pressure. It's still running high. Today was my last Premphase (HRT). I've discussed this with my doctors and they said that taking this "usually" doesn't effect BP. So, this is an experiment - I'm stopping it to see what happens.

I'll keep you posted on my mood swings!

Pogo

Old 02-23-2001, 04:32 PM   #5  
Vegetarian

Hello everybody!
I feel a great sense of accomplishment! I have not missed a workout since I started my program on Wednesday (I know, only 2 days). I have also been eating extremely on key! YEAH! It feels great! I got my "before" pictures back today... All I have to say is GROSS!!! A 200 pound woman in a bikini is not my idea of attractive. But it really propelled me to give everything I had at the gym today.
Well, I hope to see more posts on this board! Have a great day everyone!
Christy
Old 02-23-2001, 09:29 PM   #6  

Good Morning everyone!

Well I've been doing great on my Sparks program! I feel really great I'm just wondering if it shows ! It's been really busy at work so it's been hard to post but I will be getting a computer at home so hopefully I'll have time to post on the weekends.

Christy-I did the picture thing a while back and I know how you feel ! I'm glad you are enjoying the program. The BFL program is awesome and I really believe in the power of muscle training along with healthy eating and aerobics. Do you use an elliptical for your aerobic portion? That's a great machine. I love mine. Post often and I'll try to post more too.

Pogo-Congrats on doing so well with your program ! You should be very proud of yourself. I hope your blood pressure gets under control. That's something you need to watch for sure. I'm glad you are hanging in there.

What happened to everyone else? I know it's hard to post sometime but check in and let us know how it's going !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-24-2001, 03:43 AM   #7  
Back To Lifetime....!!

I'm here, I'm here... Sorry for deserting ya'all!

I'm feeling much better after my accident. I'm still having some neck pain and headaches, but doing much better.

I did my monthly weigh-in yesterday a.m. & since December 1st have gained a whopping 9lbs!! I'm only .8 away from "paying" a weekly fee. Anywhoo - now that I'm up and about & feeling more like myself, there are no excuses as to why I cannot exercise. I start walking AGAIN tomorrow - anyone want to join me?!

Rose, glad to hear your Sparks routine is working out so well for you! I think its great when we can find an exercise/routine we enjoy - hopefully this means we'll stick with it, right?!? Keep up the great work

I will post more tomorrow - time to pick up the kids from school. It's almost 3:00!yikes!

Lighter ~~~ Nona
Old 02-26-2001, 09:02 AM   #8  
Vegetarian

-I feel absolutely GREAT! I did my cardio this morning (20min. Aerobic solution-Body-for-life), and it was wonderful! Very high intensity, and I had to raise the resistence on my elliptical to reach the same intensity as I did the last workout. Tomorrow is LB weight training. So, I'll be sure to post tommorrow after my workout.
-Hi Rose. Are you still liking your SPARKS program. It is so wonderful when we find a exercise program that we enjoy/tolerate-hahaha. Have you noticed a difference in your energy level or body shape? How many 10 minute sparks do you do a day?
I really love my program also! I feel so empowered.
Hello Pogo and Nona. How are you chicks doing?
Bye
Christy

[This message has been edited by islandmama (edited 02-25-2001).]
Old 02-26-2001, 09:04 AM   #9  
Vegetarian

Holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!
cHRISTY
Old 02-26-2001, 10:12 PM   #10  

Good morning everyone!

Well I got in some awesome workouts this weekend. I'm thankful that I have equipment at home because our weather was rainy and I doubt if I would have done as much if I had to go to the gym or workout outside. I was a little disappointed because I didn't get my computer like I thought I would. It will be ready today though so then I can post on the weekends. !

Nona-I love my Sparks workout and it really is something that I find I'm doing and sticking with ! I'm glad you are getting back to walking and you have such a good attitude it just motivates me too! Don't worry those pounds will just start dropping off. Keep up the good work.

Christy-I can hear the energy you have just by reading your post ! The BFL program is an awesome program. Those inches must be just melting off your body. I love my Sparks program. It's the only one that I've truly been sticking with. I do three 10 minute sparks per day. I get one day off a week. I figured it out and I'm getting in more exercise now then I was before just because I know I can do ten minutes. I do my elliptical machine and Tae Bo for my aerobic portion and I lift weights for strength training. I have yoga and Oxycise for my stretch. It's been great! And congrats on being a chick !

Okay everybody else please check in. Let us know how you are doing !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-26-2001, 10:16 PM   #11  

Well...week before last I was in bed 8 days with the flu...last week I was too weak to do anything except take care of the baby and catch up on my housework...now this week my knee is acting up again. I tried to walk twice last week at an indoor track near here...that may be what messed up my knee again. I'm going to the Rheumatologist in Nashville next Mon. I'm hoping he will tell me something to do about it! (but NOT surgery again!!!)

Rose...what the heck is Sparks???

Hope you are all doing better than Me!!!

MEME
Old 02-27-2001, 02:18 PM   #12  
Vegetarian

Hey Chickies-
Well I just got back from the GYM doing my LB workout. It was really great. People say that it takes a couple months to get into a habit well enough to where you don't dread it. But, I've been doing this for only a few weeks (1 week officially) and I love it. I am even starting to look forward to my morning Cardio. I just get up and do it. I don't dread it. That is a great feeling
I did this program after my 1st daughter, and while I did it- and it didn't really bother me to do it, I never felt all fired up inside about it. I have this determination that I haven't felt since before I had kids. I think it also has to do with some other decisions I have made in my life. I was planning on Homeschooling my girls when they were old enough instead of sending them to public school. I was convinced (by other people) that this was the "right" thing to do. I never told anyone this at the time, but I felt like I was suffocating inside. I felt like I had to sacrafice my whole being just to homeschool. After some serious soul searching, I decided, "Hey, I don't want to Homeschool!". My husband, of course, was very supportive. He only wants what I think is best for the whole family. I also decided to start college in the fall. I want to be High School History teacher. I was in the military when I got pregnant with my first daughter, and I gave that up to stay home with her, which I do not regret one bit. It was right for me, but still hard to do since I came from a "strong single mother".
Anyway, as soon as I did a little research into MY true feelings, I found that I wasn't being true to myself by planning to homeschool. I just didn't want to do it. And when I made that decision, a huge weight just lifted off of me, and that is when all this started. I feel WONDERFUL. I feel like myself again.
I just wanted to share this incase there where others trying to lose weight, but just can't find that push inside themselves. Look deep into yourself, and maybe you'll find some unresolved issue or anything that might hinder your progress. And when you find it... Celebrate!
Christy
210-200-125
Old 02-27-2001, 10:10 PM   #13  

Good Morning everyone !

Christy-I'm applauding you for being such a strong assertive person and taking care of yourself ! You deserve a big pat on your back. Your energy is so motivating. You must be getting that "runners high" with all those good endorphines cruising through your body. It is such a great feeling. I'm so glad you are enjoying your program. It helps to make you feel so much better.

Meme-Sparks is a program that centers on you doing three 10 minute sparks of aerobics, stretching and weight training. This might be a good thing for you to get into. You space your 10 minutes throughout the day. Like 10 minutes in the morning, 10 when you get home and 10 more a few hours later. It's important to space them by a couple of hours at least. The theory is that it keeps your metabolism at a more even keel so you are keeping it pumping and burning those calories. I love it! Amazon has the book which I haven't received yet. I've been doing it out of the Fitness magazine that featured it and it is a good program. I feel really great since I've started it. If you are interested in knowing more I could email you a copy of the article out of the magazine just let me know. I hope you feel better soon. It's been a rough winter but spring is right around the corner !

Nona, Pogo, Kim, Amy-How are you doing? Check in when you can !

Okay I need to get back to work. Take care everyone !

------------------
Rose
Old 02-28-2001, 02:34 PM   #14  
Vegetarian

Hello everyone...
How is everyone today? It is raining today in Okinawa, pretty hard. But, I love the rain. It is so soothing and relaxing. It is a great excuse for just chilling out and going on the computer or watching a movie. I have to admit, I even like being out in it. It makes me feel like a kid again!
I did my aerobic solution today and it just keeps getting better. My almost 3 year old dd was telling me, "Go mommy, Go!". She is such a sweetie! I had noticed that my energy level had been higher, but today it is just phenominal (sp?).
You all would be so proud of me today. The ladies in my church got together for a "salad" luncheon. Well, they also had a bunch of sweets, including... chocolate peanut butter pie, some snickers and whipped cream mixture, fruit cream cheese dessert pizza, etc... Well, I just passed on all of it. I stuck to salad, and it felt soooo good. For the first time in a few years (since I had my 2 dd's) I was in control of the food. And ya know, it didn't really bother me! Sorry to brag, but I am just so proud of myself. I was nervous about going because of that very reason, but I conquered it, and now I won't be so nervous about other functions (like the Pampered Chef party I have to go to tomorrow).
I hope all of you are having a great day!
Christy
210-200-125
Old 02-28-2001, 10:34 PM   #15  

Good Morning everyone!

Well I didn't do any exercise last night. I just took the night off. I think I needed that little break. I have renewed energy this morning. It's raining here AGAIN and I'm getting a little tired of it although we need the rain here in CA. I just feel so much more energetic when it's sunny.

Christy-Way to go on using that will power ! You should be very proud of yourself. It's funny how when you exercise you don't want to sabotage your efforts by eating things that really aren't good for you. The salad was a much better choice although the other stuff sounded pretty good too ! Keep up the great work.

I finally got my Sparks book last night and I've just started to read it. It's a really great book. I think this is the program that was made for me ! I hope everyone else finds time to post and is getting some exercise in. Talk to you later.

------------------
Rose
Closed Thread