Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #31  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

That feels better. I haven't had a good run outside for nearly a week, but I did just over 10 miles this evening and felt better and better as the run went on, which is always good. I'm meant to be running back into work in the morning, I ran home so all my stuff is there waiting for me.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM   #32  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I have been really sluggish on my runs the last few weeks. Struggling to hit even the slow end of my target range on easy runs. slog slog slog

Today I had a "well if I cant run 10 minute miles, maybe I can run 9 minute miles" moment ...ended up doing a progression 10:45, 9:45, 9:20, 8:45 and then about 1/4 mile at 8:00 until it was time to cool down. Felt better
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #33  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Ennay = are we the same person? I had a sluggish, slog-along 4 miles today. Oh no wait - I just read how fast you run!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #34  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hi everybody. I haven't really posted in this forum much but I did a couple of times at the beginning of January. I started the C25K the first week of January, and I just wanted to chime in with how I'm doing. I've always found running really hard, but I think that's because I tried to do too much too fast. I recommitted myself to this whole "getting healthy" thing at the turn of the new year and getting serious about exercise was one of the things I decided on attaining. I thought trying to run might help me shed pounds faster, and the c25K seemed like a great program.

Fast forward to this week - I am now in week 5 of 9 of c25k and I have to say I am actually enjoying it. I didn't think I would ever enjoy running, but I have started to look forward to my 3 running workouts a week. I am doing it on our treadmill because it is too cold outside for me. I am not aiming at becoming a long distance runner or anything, but I would like to be able to run 2 or 3 miles without stopping. I really am seeing results from the running - I have lost 6 pounds since the start of the new year (that's a lot for me because I was going back and forth between the same 4 pounds from October to the end of 2007 so losing 6 pounds in 5 weeks is great for me, especially since I am getting closer to my goal weight). I feel great after I complete a running workout.

I just completed the week 5, workout 2 - 8 minutes jogging, 5 minutes walking, 8 minutes jogging. The next workout is 20 minutes or 2 miles jogging. I think I am going to repeat the workout 2 another time though before moving on the the 2 miles/20 minutes. I have been a little sick with a crappy cold the past few weeks, so I am not trying to push myself way too hard, and I felt like I could do better with the workout 2. Is it bad to repeat a workout? I know it might put me off from the training schedule, but I feel it would do me better to repeat a workout and feel comfortable with it then move on and fail at the next workout.

Thanks everyone!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM   #35  
Heather 2.0

Nova - that's an excellent idea, and congrats on doing so well so far! I repeated days in the C25K programme - and I think I may even have repeated a whole week here ro there!

You're doing so well - keep it up, and post often to let us know how awesome you feel when you do that 20 minutes for the first time!! Remember - don't worry about speed - the girls here gave me that advice when I started, and it was the BEST advice I've ever gotten - well, that and don't climb under the school bus, but never mind that...

Heather
Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Nov, I too repeated few workouts, there's nothing wrong with it, go at your own pace and make the program work for you! I am so happy that you love it now. I know that 20 minutes seems like a mountain, but you can totally do it. I remember how surprised I was when I did it. Let us know how it goes!

I did 3 miles today with the stroller and hills. I'm signed up for a 5k next Saturday so pretty excited about that. Oh and I did 2 miles yesterday with my best friend.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 AM   #37  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hey gals!

We made it home and are almost adjusted. I got back on track yesterday with three miles. Had to do them on my parents' treadmill as I didn't have anyone to watch the kids for an outside run, but at least I got them in. I was supposed to do them on Thursday but I was still so tired I was swaying on my feet, so I didn't think running would be the smartest of ideas. Yesterday was a planned rest day so no harm done. When my in-laws get back from breakfast they're going to watch the young 'uns for me so I can hit the asphalt for another three miler. Then I've got seven on the docket for tomorrow.

It's nice to be home!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 AM   #38  

Kara, glad you're home safe and sound!

Rest day for me today.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #39  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi I hope you don't mind if I re-join here. I sort of stopped running for a while, then after I had been doing enough strength training, I started to run before my sessions. Just 1 mile with a little warm up and cool down. I found two girls that like to run with me before class, so it helped a lot to have someone to talk to. The mile flew by. My 1 mile is now between 9-10 minutes which I never ever ever thought would be possible.

Today I decided enough was enough. I can run on Saturdays on my TM and do more than the one measly mile. So I did 2 miles in about 23 minutes and didn't die too bad. I am going to try to work this up. I just got a job, so once I start and my kids go to daycare it opens up more time for me to workout. I am quite excited to be back and running again.

Tomorrow is my off day and is also my 28th birthday, so I am going to enjoy a lazy day at home with my kids and maybe go to the movies or something. Hope you guys have a good weekend!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #40  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I have my second half-marathon tomorrow... going to bed in a few minutes but I'm excited My first goal is to do better than my first one (even if it's just by a second), but I'm not sure that will happen since it's supposed to be REALLY windy tomorrow, which will probably slow me down. My second goal is to feel good and not look crazy and on my deathbed in the race photos Will update you girls tomorrow on how it goes!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #41  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Good luck Laura! Welcome back cakses!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #42  
Heather 2.0

Good luck Laura - let us know how is goes, you running woman, you!

I am DESPERATE for a run - haven't run since Thursday... it's odd getting used to a body that craves running - or anything other than chocolate!

Have a great day, all!
EDIT: 5.5miles for me

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-10-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #43  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I did NOT feel like running when I woke up. I wanted to go back to bed and skip it. I've been really tired the last day or two. BUT... I went anyway. Was falling asleep on the subway getting there, which just shows you how not energized I was. Then, the race had winds of 20 MPH with gusts up to 29 MPH! From miles 7-10 we were running directly INTO the wind... it was awful.

However, I still pulled out a time of 2:01:53... I'm thrilled!!! Thanks again for your (unknowing) support, as I played Heather Small's "Proud," which I think of as my 3FC song, at mile 12 and it helped push me through
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Hi I hope you don't mind if I re-join here. I sort of stopped running for a while, then after I had been doing enough strength training, I started to run before my sessions. Just 1 mile with a little warm up and cool down. I found two girls that like to run with me before class, so it helped a lot to have someone to talk to. The mile flew by. My 1 mile is now between 9-10 minutes which I never ever ever thought would be possible.

Today I decided enough was enough. I can run on Saturdays on my TM and do more than the one measly mile. So I did 2 miles in about 23 minutes and didn't die too bad. I am going to try to work this up. I just got a job, so once I start and my kids go to daycare it opens up more time for me to workout. I am quite excited to be back and running again.

Tomorrow is my off day and is also my 28th birthday, so I am going to enjoy a lazy day at home with my kids and maybe go to the movies or something. Hope you guys have a good weekend!
Cakses, welcome back! Happy birthday!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:37 PM   #45  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi all, I'm new to this sport, can I join in?

I've been following the C25K, well, sort of. Honestly, I found the intervals hard to remember past week 2, so I just modified it a bit to make it easier to remember. I'm currently doing this 3 days a week, because I already have dance skating 3 nights a week, which is another leg-intensive workout that abuses my ankles. I figured that was enough for a beginner, leaving one day off each week.

I don't have a way to track mileage right now, so is it okay if I just report my run/walk times for now?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Cheryl
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote