Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:06 PM   #16  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Sorry to hear about the heart racing. I have never taken it on an empty stomach, but I can assume it might not be very pleasant. As far as my meal plan and exercise... well.... I eat about 1800 cals a day, but probably a bit more on weekends as I tend to also have some drinks. It's loosely 1800 cals because I don't keep a journal or anything, I just have a pretty good idea about what I am consuming. I eat everything but fast food. (And try to make healthy choices) Let's see... for exercise I do 30 mins of cardio 3 times a week and about 10 mins of strength training 2 times a week. Doesn't sound like diet or exercise, does it? lol. But it IS working, and I am not thinking about losing weight all the time, and I know I can stick with it. Yeah, I've NEVER seen a 7-10lb drop in a week like some poeple do when they start, but I have tried other diets before and quit them. This is slower, but sustainable. (And probably not what anyone wants to hear-lol)
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #17  
Cute and Chubby

Good luck! I can't wait to see your results!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I don't take any supplements, but I do add a lot of hot spice to my food and drink green tea (actually, I drink a lot of tea, and I mix green and black together). I started bc of the weight loss aid as well as other reported healthy effects but heck -- I enjoy them to boot! I don't know how much difference it makes on the weight loss, but it sounds like there are health benefits all around.

I just thought I'd add that in addition to that, I use a lot of cinnamon, in tea and even in cooking as it also is supposed to help with weight loss, stabilize blood sugar levels and improve cholesterol profiles.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #19  

Thank yoyoma I love green tea and i to drink it just cause I like it.
jumphigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #20  

Height: 6"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMarcia View Post
Ok... so I wanted to update enyone who was interested. This week I lost 4 lbs!!! I've been averaging 1-2 a week. This is my biggest loss, and I only exercised 2 days. I can't wait to see what happens when I get back to my normal schedule of working out, too. And I feel really good. Pretty much all my cravings are gone, (Even during TOM, but if I'm around something I usually like I still want it) And I am not hungry at all between meals. ^_^ I think that's probably what's helping me out the most. I haven't binged once since starting the suppliments. The first week was all will power, but after that I just haven't wanted to. I would love to know if this is working for anyone else. I need to talk to my other friend who said he was going to try it. Sorry this is so lengthy, but I'm so excited. It actually made me cry a little.
Any updates on how its working? I was looking into to buying the capsaicin but I can't find it. Do the sell it in a regular store? I hate buying things online. I searched GNC and they didn't have it. Any idea who carries it? I am going to try Wegmans later, since they seem to carry some unusual supplements.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #21  
Cute and Chubby

So far so good! I weigh in again on Friday and will let you know. I no longer have ANY side effect and it still curbs my hunger. I did buy mine online at Swanson.com. I got the pills called Super Ceyanne. (I think they were like 5.99) I couldn't find them in local stores either.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoMarcia View Post
So far so good! I weigh in again on Friday and will let you know. I no longer have ANY side effect and it still curbs my hunger. I did buy mine online at Swanson.com. I got the pills called Super Ceyanne. (I think they were like 5.99) I couldn't find them in local stores either.
I did find them at Wegmans. I looked forever and found the cayenne pills. It said capsaicin right on the back of the bottle. I wonder how much is in that Ignite Max. I started out taking 1 but don't know how many I should take. Its only day 2 so I can't report on any effects. Are you taking green tea too? I took that a long time ago and it did nothing.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default well...

I bought my capsaicin at Wal-Mart in the vitamin section... it's supposed to be good for circulation and metabolism.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Default hmm...

nice, yeah keep us posted!
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #25  

I have been taking cayenne pepper on and off for about a week or so. I took 2 once and thought I might die. Had to grab the Maalox. Guess you have to work your way up to that. I would report on my weight loss but it has been a crazy week. I had too much salt and think I am retaining water. Once I even out, I can see if the capsaicin is making a difference. Also, does it give anyone else insomnia if taken too late? I don't know if its due to that or something else. But to be on the safe side, I'll be taking it earlier in the evening.

Anyone else have any reports on how its working?
Old 05-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 233/228/160

Height: 5'3''

Wink Capsaicin supplement

Ok, I don't know much about capsaicin pills, but I do know that since I started taking a combo of green tea extract, yohimbine, CLA, and caffeine I have felt awesome. I was really skeptical because I have tried those pills that tell you to just take these supplements and you will lose weight and then nothing would happpen. I started taking these pills last week per a magazine article I read about supplements. A couple hours after taking these pills I was at the gym as usual but I felt as if I had never ending endurance. I have been so excited since I started that I have told everyone. Of course if you take any prescription meds or if you have any conditions that affect your health you should definitely clear it with your doctor first.
maguilar8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #27  

hey i just joined even tho i have been coming to this site for years but im really super excited to try this! i just ordered a few bottles online and ill let you know how it works out for me but does anyone have anything to report? btw what dosages were you all taking? currently im on a detox diet so they should be getting here just in time for the end of my detox.. which btw so happy to say i have actually lost 10lbs in 3 days woot go me (i know its not permanent loss but its a start!)

Amm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #28  

Height: 5'7"

I also purchase ignitemaxx and it really didn't do much for me. I am sensitive to caffiene so I couldn't take it after noon. I have since switched to Nature's Way Cayenne Extra Hot. I have lost a pound this week. MikoMarcia do you want trade notes? Maybe we can be the group guinea pigs for these 2 products? LOL

Last edited by hmtklein; 06-18-2011 at 01:02 PM.
hmtklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:37 AM   #29  
I'm not fat I'm Fluffy

S/C/G: 224/224/150

just wondering on any updates. i started taking "cayenne fruit" which is walmart version of capsaicin and some green-tea supplements.
i can say i get heartburn shortly after taking them but it usually only last for about 20 mnutes. ive only been taking them for three days (1 capsaicin and 2 green teas twice a day with food) and ive lost about three lbs.

love to hear about anyone elses updates and progress on this.
GuardDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 04:59 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Don't take anything that is giving you 20 minutes of heartburn after each dose! Really, that is not a good sign.

Cayenne is the same as capsaicin is the same as capsicum, if you were wondering. As far as I'm aware, it has never been proven to help weight loss, although if you can tolerate it, it can be helpful for circulation problems such as getting chilly (which is common when losing weight). Although there are gentler alternatives for that purpose, I'm going very well with ginger capsules for instance. You should not be taking so much cayenne that you're getting any kind of adverse reaction to it, and some people will not be able to tolerate taking any at all.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote