Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #76  

Default Hey There

Tammy- I don't blame your Bob.. I don't want to take medication either.. Once you get on that stuff there is no getting off. I want to go the healthy food plan way.. I wish I didn't have to take the meds I do take.I am sure that I will get some good out of the class.. Have fun with your son at the football game. Our son was in the band too. I refused to sign for him to play F/B . I told him the closest he was getting to a F/b field was the band. I had a friend whose son was paralized (sp I'm too lazy to look it up)from the neck down from F/B.My G/son played and I was a basket case everytime I went to a game.
Hello All...Joanne
Old 09-24-2006, 12:09 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 329.6/322.8/120

Height: 5

Smile

May I join this group? My name is Vicky and I have had fibromyalgia for over fourteen years now. I was seriously overweight before I developed FMS, but having FMS outbreaks have hindered my attempts at weightloss. In the past year or so, I have begun developing all sorts of physical illnesses asthma, gall bladder problems, etc. Of course this all sets off the FMS. But I have recently started a new diet and I am determined now. I am not going to let any of these illnesses or FMS stop me from my task.

I have been reading many of your notes and what you are all experiencing, I have gone through too...both physical and issues in dealing with well people who don't understand this illness. It is hard to explain that I am never going to 'get better' that I just have good days and bad.

Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Vicky
Old 09-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #78  

Good morning-talk about rain-we were set up outside and the rain kept getting worse-The plastic I had on kept blowing off-then a decision was m
ade to go inside so everything had to be moved-what great people to move all the tables and materials. 2 and a half hours later, we opened and it turned out to be great, I am sure some people didn't come because of the rain but lots did. I hope my table made good money-it's for thee church,The teeny boppers bought those fun fur scarves-seems to be the rage here. Who knew? I won an afghan!!

Joanne, you actually do grow new paths to the heart-husband's doc told him he had them but people still need surgery. He is so active now. I am sure that helps his diabetes. He does take glucovance.
Chris-when my fibro was severe, I had it in my whole body, had 3 kids, was working full time, and going through a divorce. I was that way for 2 years. I felt like Job. Finally I started to get better, Now I have some meds , walking, massage and acupuncture and chiro. Today I am hurting from being on my feet for almost 12 hours but I will get over it. I also take naps-especially when I haven't slept at night. I hope you take an antidepressant to sleep.
I was up at 4 but I went t bed at 8:30. And today is a church day so no work to do except empty the dish washer.
By the way-the ponch was a waste of time-it looks weird.
Have a great day Mima-Gail Alice . Gd named me Mima.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:05 AM   #79  

Hi again-I was on the wrong page-just wanted to say hi to Jaleni. I bet the weight loss will help with the Fibro. One pound at a time!!! Mima
Old 09-24-2006, 02:29 PM   #80  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

WI day. I am now down to 279. Woo Hoo. I can only hope that the weight loss will help the FM and OA. It certainly couldn't hurt it.

Welcome to the group, Jaleni. I am new here myself but am loving it.

Hope you did well yesterday, Mima.

~~chris
Old 09-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #81  

Joanne, Tim never had any interest in football. When he was in junior high, the high school coach was their PE teacher. He tried and tried to get Tim to play football just from what he was seeing in class. Tim told him that he'd rather play in the band and run cross country. The coach was bummed out. lol

Welcome Vicky!!! Glad to have you on board.

Mima, those scarves are very popular here too! A couple of our elementary teachers have been making those and purses for a couple years and selling them. They've done very well. Congrats on winning the afghan!!!

chris, keep it up!!! You are doing great!

I don't think I'll weigh again. lol We ate at Texas Roadhouse tonight. We took Tim out for supper after their concert. He saw quite a few people that he knows from the band eating there with their parents. (Family Weekend) Anyway, I feel totally bloated, but it was soooooooooo yummy!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 05:35 AM   #82  

Hi -Been up since 3:30-should have gone for a walk yesterday.
After church, we went to a new brunch-at a Mexican restaurant and it was great-and only 10 but no desserts.
Leah and roofer are coming today-Brad is hoping to get the sheetrock up. I would rather move into the apt downstairs that sell the house in FL-if we rented the upstairs here-we would have big bucks and Brad would keep his garages and shed. After all, I moved here from my condo and I only had the same space there and loved it. And I would be on the first floor. But not this year. A goal-we definitely need more income and I want to go places. And if something happened to Brad-I would want that house in FL. Course, if it gets destroyed in a hurricane, I will think again. Brad is still sleeping so I can't tell him. That's what he wanted anyways.
I do my best thinking in the am.
Joanne, I have a wicked time with vegetables-stick to sweet potato, winter squash, potato, maybe a little tomato-no seeds of course and hardly anything else-take a multi vitamin every day. This has been going on for a year-everything changed last year. Of course I have extensive diverticulosis. The ingrown toenail brings me to 14 non-fatal diseases. Fruit is apple sauce, plums without the skin-same with peaches. I want a Cortland apple-I will make some apple crisp with oatmeal and Splenda. Walmart has generic Splenda now.
Cooler today. I am going to be in trouble if they call me to sub because of my sleep pattern. Guess I wills tart on Debbie's quilt today and I need to make 4 adult bibs-a lady came to the Fair looking for them and I didn't make any this year so she ordered them-they are easy-a dish towel from the dollar store, bias tape , and a velcro closing. Bye Mima
Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #83  

Mima, I like Mexican food! I like your goal of wanting to go places. I'm the same way. I'm really looking forward to just taking off in the middle of the week some time after retirment. I'm not sure when I do my best thinking!
The apple crisp sounds good. I should make some. I also use Splenda. Didn't realize they had the generic.

I am going to a Tupperware party tonight. A friend of mine used to have them a couple times a year, and she hasn't had one in ages (like since our kids were little). She's having one tonight and getting the old party gang together (no kids this time). Should be fun. I really don't need anything, but I'm sure I'll buy something. All of our stuff is so old. Bob said to splurge on something new, so I just might. lol
Old 09-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #84  

Default Hey There

Welcome vicky- I hope you find something here that will help you. Stay on your diet and good eating plan. losing the weight is the good way to get started..
Tammy- Tupperware! I didn't know they still had those kind of parties. It has been many years since I have been to one.I always bought something at them. The best part was the give aways. I still use the ones I got over 20 years ago.
Not a good night of sleep last night. The hubby up not feeling so good. I gave him some maalox and made him go back to bed..I told him eating a half jar of tarter sauce was not the thing to do.
Mima- It is still just September. We still may get a storm.. Hopefully it will not be a big one..
Hello Meme,Happy...Joanne
Old 09-25-2006, 07:22 PM   #85  
A matter of time

I hope there aren't any storms. I think the past couple of years have been bad enough.

I used to sell Tupperware over 20 years ago. Wow has it been that long. I haven't heard of anyone having a party in a long, long time. I use the cheap throw away stuff now. Use it a few times and trash it. I am betting I could really save some money if I were to start using Tupperware again. Yea, the inital price would be more but in the long run it would pay for itself.

How is everyone doing withe the wait loss??

~~chrisThe Biggest Loser Challenge

Halloween Challegne

The Ultimate Goal
Old 09-25-2006, 09:10 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 329.6/322.8/120

Height: 5

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I went for an allergy test today, my doctor was hoping to find out that I had some sort of allergy I could be treated for to allieviate my asthma. Unforunately, no such luck, so I'll have to muddle through feeling like I am not getting enough air until the fall ends. It's terrible, I used to love fall. Now all I do is fear it and the reaction my body has to it.

I am also having back pains again. But I am keeping myself focused on my diet and I am promising myself that all my physical issues will be eased, if not solved if I can get anywhere close to my goal.

Vicky
Old 09-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #87  
A matter of time

I went thru the allergy testing a little over a year ago. They tested me for everything under the sun. I was found to have a slight reaction to dust. Nothing to worry about, I was told. Yea, well why am I having breathing problems, coughing and sneezing in the spring. Oh that must have something to do with your FM. Seems like every doctor wants to blame it on FM, if it can't be explained any other way. So far this fall I have been ok. This is the time of the year that I go into a deep depression. I hate this time of the year...all the holidays. If I could go to bed about now and wake on and it be March I would a real happy camper. My counselor thinks I should just hang decorations up and all my cares will go away. We talked about this on my last visit. We will see if she has any better ideas Wednesday.

Ok enough about my problems

The Biggest Loser Challenge

Halloween Challegne

The Ultimate Goal
Old 09-26-2006, 01:01 AM   #88  

I'm aching all over ... blood is low and I have no energy ... allergies have kicked in and I'm watering, snotting and sneezing all over the place ... BUT ... I absolutely LOVE fall. It's my all time favorite time of year. I love the color of the leaves. I love the light rains and all the different smells (even if they make me water and sneeze like crazy!) Even though I feel horrible and my body feels like it has the flu ... I'm sorry, I just can't be depressed with the seasons. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. Plus ... I'm too thankful for all I have. I look around me at my home and my family ... at all the beauty God has put right in front of my face and I just can't be depressed. Sure I get down with the disease just like everybody else but I can't stay down. I start thinking about how much worse it could be and I start thanking God for what I have and that just brings me right back up. No matter how bad things are ... they could always be worse.

After reading that back, it sounded like I was making light of anyone else who is feeling depressed. I don't mean it that way at all ... so please don't take it like that!!! I've been depressed before ... believe me, I know how it feels! And I DO get down from time to time. Can't help it with what we have!

Last edited by MemeToo; 09-26-2006 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #89  
A matter of time

I am the one who gets depressed for the holidays. I didn't feel that you weren't making light of my situation. I envy any one who loves the holidays. I wish I could. I am working with my counselor...and I see her again tomorrow. Not sure she is going to be able to help me any. She is telling me if I put up decorations I will feel better. I don't think so. I will just look at them and get more upset. Not to mention I don't have any, and would have to buy them....spending money that could better be used on bills.

Sorry if I bring anyohne else down. I will go back into my quiet mode.

~~chris

The Biggest Loser Challenge

Halloween Challegne

The Ultimate Goal
Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #90  

Welcome, Chris and Vickey. Hope you stay with us.

Chris - don't be quiet, that's why were here. To support each other. I am one of the few fortunate people that has never had more than a "blue" day here and there. I thank God for that. Depression is part of the chronic pain cycle it seems, but for some reason I have escaped it.

I just wanted to welcome you both on this thread and now I am off to start a new one.

DO NOT POST HERE!!!! - GO HERE http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...66#post1418666

Last edited by Happy Canuk; 09-26-2006 at 12:19 PM.
Closed Thread