Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 03:05 PM   #1  
banned

Default August Thyroid Thread

hi guys.

im very discouraged. its taken near 2 mo to lose 4 1/2 pounds
Old 08-01-2002, 04:36 PM   #2  

At least it is going down, even if it is slow. How much do you have to lose? The closer you get to goal, the harder it gets. Chin up, you're doing good! Just think how much you could have gained.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:09 PM   #3  

Hi, guys. Another weekend is here. I have added a Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc supplement that my doctor recommended and I think I'm doing better. I actually lost 1 pound this week! I've been on the supplement 3 weeks. It's just OTC. I take it once a day in the evening with dinner (because of the calcium). Supposed to be good for thyroid.

I hope it's cooler and wetter where you are - humidity, upper 90's and drought here. Can't really stand to go outside.
Old 08-02-2002, 02:54 PM   #4  
banned

hey susan!

congrats!!!! i only lost half&getting really depressed. have qa great weekend all
Old 08-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #5  
banned

susan- i still have over 50 to go
Old 08-02-2002, 04:00 PM   #6  

Hi Girls,

Just popped in to let you know I have had m second massage session. The first session helped my breathing and releived my very bad hayfever. During the week I found I could turn my head to look over my shoulder as you do in driving I have not been able to do that for over 2 years, I am thrilled to bits its very expensive if it works who cares. The second one seems to have lifted me out of my bad depression and my friends say I look much brighter. I have yet to see if she has relieved any further bits of me, but I think my pain is not quite severe. I will see how I go over the weekend because it took a fews for my neck too free itself. Will keep you posted on progress. She has suggested I wear a magnet on my thyroid as it might help it, have any of you done anything like that and if so did it help. I will try anything if I can get without the pain of ME. It makes you so weak.
regards Vivienne UK
Old 08-03-2002, 11:09 AM   #7  
banned

hey viv

glad you look foward to your massages, thats great. if its worth it to you, then who cares about the $ right?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #8  

Hi, ladies! I had a good weekend - taught 2 quilting classes which definitely kept me out of the kitchen...and its something I love to do. Staying OP 24/7. Vi, glad the massage is helping you. We have a massage therapist moving into our building where I work. Maybe I'll see how much she charges and try it. I don't see how wearing a magnet on your thyroid is going to help it. I think some of that stuff is mind over matter but we don't realize it. When they do these studies for new drugs and stuff some of the participants that are getting placebos report doing and feeling better. Who knows. I'd try anything that wasn't going to endanger my health futher and a magnet surely isn't going to do that. Let us know.

Andrea, I know it is discouraging to lose so slowly. It took me a couple of years to get to goal, too. Hang in there!
Old 08-05-2002, 10:38 AM   #9  
banned

great susan! sounds like fun

im doing ok, im experimenting with a higher fat level. hope all is well.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:11 PM   #10  

Hi Girls,

Thats what I thought it cant do any harm at least no more so than sittingin front of computer does anyway. Its all to do with electronic fields which I know nothing about. I have a bangle thats supposed to help arthrytis but it doesnt so it will be just like that. I am not going to buy one anyway but am really impressed with the massage it has helped up to now other people have noticed a change in me. I am still in pain but can handle it better as I am not so down. We have a thunderstorm raging outside so had better unplug before it goes up.
bye Viv
Old 08-05-2002, 05:16 PM   #11  
banned

viv-

do u have a protector thingy that protects the phone line?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:01 AM   #12  

I'm a network administrator for a large computer network. Unless you have a backup power supply connected to your computer, it is best to turn it off during storms. You are correct, Andrea, the surge protector must also have a separate line to protect the phone line for the modem. We once lost 8 computers to a surge that came through the phone line - in the days before the protectors (I go back a long way).

Right now, I'd even take a storm to get some rain. Virginia is having a terrible drought.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:42 AM   #13  
banned

wow! that sounds cool susan!!!

im hanging in there, i think. had a tough time at the chiropractor last night, i was in a depressed state after bein in my back brace most of the day, yay.

have my case related monthly dr appt tomorrow, not lookin fwd to that at all. it stresses me out too much&i get upset.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:37 PM   #14  

Hi Andrea,

Sorry your massage not having good effects like mine is. The best thing about it all so far is I am coming right out of clinical depression whiich I have had for 10 years. Each morning I wake up and feel happier. Even though it costs such a lot to me I will keep it up because have never more at peace with myself.
It weigh in next Tuesday dont think I have lost anything but for once I dnt care. To think I could have had this years ago and would not go saying it was quacks stuff. Oh the ignorant woman.
I only have one phone line most brits do unless you are rich. Did switch off and unplug at first long distance rumble I heard it lasted about 4 hours and there was a lot of flash flooding Viv
Old 08-06-2002, 01:45 PM   #15  
banned

thanks viv,

but i dont get massaged the way you do, i just call one of the things he does a massage(he uses this machine, i think called a G5) it does feel really good, as does the electric stimulation. its just the actual ajustment afterwards a cant stand.

glad are doing so well.
Closed Thread