Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 AM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #192

Hi. Not dead, but sure felt like I was heading that way lol That darn virus thing I had, started on the 7 March and is still hanging on, but dwindling each day. Coughing and tons of phyleum (sp). Thought I would drown on the stuff. Missed 2 weeks of work, did a couple of part days last week, but then was just plain tired. This too shall pass.

Kate - If you need a kick in the behind to get going, here it is It isn't easy, but you CAN do it. I don't know how your insurance works. Alberta Health Care has cut chiropactors from their coverage. We do have private insurance that covers it however. If I didn't I would still have to find the money somehow, as it's the only thing that keeps me going. Glad your company is just coming to dinner, so then you can enjoy them.

Meme - nice to see you are still kicking, even if it isn't too high! You are still as busy as ever.

Mima - did baby arrive yet? Hope all went (or goes) well.

Tammy - where are you???

Joanne - glad you got some rain. As far as the brace go, I guess be thankful it helps, and do worry about how it looks.

Well, now, I turned a year older on the 23 March. Helped my son and DIL move into their new house. It is finally finished inside, but of course, a big mess outside, as most of it is now mud, with the Spring thaw. That will get better as times goes on. One thing at a time.

My gd will be 12 yrs old on the 3 Apr. I can't believe how fast this time has gone. My baby gd will be 4 on the 21 May.

Well, I am going to say goodnight. Have a good day tomorrow.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #2  

When you are over weight

You are not healthy

When you are not healthy

You tend to over eat

Break this cycle

By making healthy choices

And watch your health improve

And the better you will feel

The more good food you feed your body

The better it runs

And the happier you are

It takes work, but this kind of work produces the most marvelous results .............

A day comes along and you just need to blow it ........ do ....... but jump right back on that horse and continue the run

Some motivation for you!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #3  

Default Hey There

We have had a nice bit of rain and some more last night.. I am a little strange as I like the rain. I have a sister that gets depressed with that kind of weather. I think it is peaceful.
We are supposed to go to our daughters next weekend. There seems to be some problems with the plan and that has made me a little upset. We were going with our son but his wife's ex brother in law died and she thinks she needs to be there. I will wait a couple days and see what our son tells us and then we may plan to go without them. I would like to go up earlier anyhow.
I had both shoulders injected. That helped for a few days. Last night I moved and the right shoulder said hello. Pain all night.. I am not sure what I am going to do. I can't have surgery. Just grin and bare it ,I guess.
Happy Birthday, Happy..
Enough about my woes.. I hope everybody has a good week...Joanne

Last edited by Joanne D; 03-29-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Well we will be going to our daughters with our son. I am relieved about that. Our car is not in the best shape for a 200 mile trip. My hubby also should not be driving that far. He is one of these men who believes he is the only driver. Between you and me he isn't that good a driver anymore. he is 84. I am constantly on alert.And nervous.
We are finally going to get warmer weather. I am tired of being cold. Of course when the hot weather gets here I will want the cool weather.
The sun is out and the birds are loud and busy.
Joanne
Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #5  

Hi Joanne. I guess it's just you and me. I wonder where everybody went?? I hope Mima wasn't in on all that flooding. They already had enough problems. I guess perhaps she is busy with the baby. I sure hope all went well with the birth and that mom and baby are doing well.

Have a nice trip. Glad your son is doing the driving. My aunt hates to go anywhere with my uncle driving. She is a nervous wreck. He is 82.

Not much is new. Just Spring had come in like a lamb, and it has gone out like a lamb. Last year, we didn't get Spring until June it seemed. All the snow is gone, so when it does snow again, it will melt very quickly.

Have a great Easter.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #6  

I haven't stopped all week and I'm soooooo tired. Between customers, funerals, cooking for funerals, getting music ready for 3 services at church, practicing that music and taxes I'm about ready for a vacation ... about a month's worth. I have to have a day off and tomorrow is IT.

After the funeral today (and cooking), I went shopping for something to wear Easter. Found a multi color, layered skirt, light peach ss sweater top and green 3/4 sleeve jacket, green strappy sandles and multi purse and even got matching jewelry. I told hubby it was my one spring outfit. I'm not buying a lot this year. I can wear the jacket, top and jewelry with other things ... not sure about the shoes. The purse will go with about anything. It is beige with brown straps and has big circles of peach, green and a couple of other colors. I'm thinking the shoes may only match that outfit or that jacket, though. (but they're so cute!) I love Penney's.

Going to bed and going to stay there as long as possible!

Oh ... had to come back and say I hope baby & Mom is ok ... I thought I said that but I'm half asleep and I didn't read back. And I'm glad you''re getting better Anne & happy BD. Jenna turned 11 this mo. Doesn't seem possible, does it?

Last edited by MemeToo; 04-01-2010 at 01:21 AM.
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #7  

lost my pst-have sinus problems and was in bed 24 hours. Suzanne waS in labor 24 and of course she is beautiful, I will write more and hopefully post a pic Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #8  

Glad they are ok, Mima. Hope you feel better.

Docs office called today and said my blood count (had tests Mon.) is at the bottom again. Surprise! I just know I'm super tired. Stayed in bed until noon today. They're having communion services at church tonight and preacher told me what songs he wanted, etc. Sorry ... I'm just tooooo tired. Boy it sure was pretty here today, upper 70s.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #9  

Good morning-yes, we had another flood and Brad was running 3 pumps. Our whole apt was under water til yesterday-there was a river in the lr. But it has stopped. And when I go to Suzanne;s next week, he will rip up the rest of the floors. We have to wait til we can live in the camper to put the floors in-after May 15th.
The baby is beautiful-Lillian Alicia weighs 6 lbs 14 oz, Suzanne is nursing but supplemented with a bottle last night because her milk wasn;t in. And Lily was much happier. I am always on facebook to see if there are any new pics.
Feel better meme. Auntie has the same problem with her blood and they don;t seem to be able to get her straightened out.
Bye for now before i lose my post-will try to post a pic later.

ima
Old 04-02-2010, 11:07 AM   #10  

Default Hey There

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY..
Feel better Meme.. Sometimes I wish I could stay in bed at least beyond 8 a.m.
Mima- I wondered if you were flooded. I hope all this can get better for you..
Yes, Happy our son id driving us up to N/Fla. very early in the morning. We will all stay till Tuesday. I am hoping for a nice visit and Easter weekend.
Our daughter picked up the G/son yesterday and is keeping him till Sat. The parents will then take over. He is such a good baby, it is a joy to keep him. I am anxious to see him tomorrow.
Have a good weekend Kate and rest.. With all you are always doing it sounds like you need to..
Bye you guys till next week...Joanne
Old 04-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #11  

Happy for you, Joanne. Parents and baby seem to be doing well . She sends me pictures every day.
Went to doctor's yesterday and got a prescription. I feel better already.
Big problem with the tenant-she's been told not to have overnight guests but someone is always there.
getting better with the flood but not there yet.But the weather is gorgeous. Going out to eat tomorrow, Happy Easter Mima
Old 04-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #12  

Hi ladies. Once again, I haven't been here. Just lots of things going on around here and in my head. There were some issues with Tim's future MIL, so I've been a bit out of it about that. Things are ok now as far as I know. It could change tonight though. oh my.

Anne, I hope by now you are feeling better! So sorry to hear that it has been hanging on for that long. HappyBirthday a little bit late!

My chiropractor isn't on my insurance either, but I have found that it is well worth it to pay the money for someone that I like and trust.

Joanne, I don't mind the rain most of the time, but when it has rained for days, that's when I get depressed from it. Glad things worked out that you could go with your son to visit your daughter. Hope it was a nice trip. So sorry to hear that the shoulder injections didn't work longer than they did. That has to be so frustrating.

Meme, you are always so busy! You need a long break! Your Easter outfit sounds nice. I like Penneys also.

Mima, sorry about the problems from the flooding. Congrats on the new baby!!

Tim's fiance has been here this weekend. They were able to get all of the shower gifts washed up and put away, and they were organizing the apartment. May 15 will be here before we know it! They worked on my enclosed porch today. It looks so much better. Clean windows always make me smile.

I hope you have all had a wonderful day and a Happy Easter!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:20 AM   #13  

What a looooong day. Got up at 4 and was @ Sunrise service @ 6 then we had a breakfast at church. Then off to the radio station to sing @ 8:30 and back home to change for the 10:30 service at church and out to eat. Between the 2 worship services, radio and choir, I wound up having to sing 15 songs this morning ... my voice was almost completely gone by the time the last service was over. We sang Christ Arose outside and right when we started singing the sun litterally 'popped' up from behind the trees. It was awesome. It was almost as if it was right on cue and had been waiting for us to begin. I got chills. A beautiful day. Hope you all had a great Easter, too. And now it is tomorrow so I'm going to bed. Have to get up in 4 hrs ... Jenna is coming to spend the day with me.

Tammy, we have been dealing with a worrisome in-law just like yours for about 20 years now so I know how you feel. 'Ours' is totally unpredictable - you never know if they are going to be up or down and it's not fun. For our child's sake we grit our teeth and live with it. I used to worry, lose sleep, fuss ... none of it did any good so I quit. Now I just leave them alone until I have to deal with them in a social situation and then I try to forget what happens and leave it there. After all, what else can you do? (unless you want to start world war 3!)
Old 04-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #14  

I hate it when I lose my post after much typing.
We are selling the house and tenant has already agreed to move-they don't get it that people not on the lease can't live there. We are aiming for June 1st. To start cleaning upstairs, that is.
We can get in the campground on May 15, when Brad can start the floors here.
Going to Suzanne's today to stay for 3 nights. Hope I can sleep.
That Lily is gorgeous. Hmm-I think I am prejudiced.
Tell me about mil's-tammy-such a fiasco when I tried to help Angela with the wedding and her mother undid stuff.
I am forunate that Bob;s mil is nice.
Going to post before I lose it. Mima
Old 04-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #15  

Meme, hope you had fun with Jenna! It's weird about the future MIL because when she is around us, things are good. Then Tim hears about things she has done and said to the fiance, and it's like a smack in the face. Last week I honestly thought she was going to cancel the church and the reception hall.

Mimi, had you planned on selling the house? Tell the roomie that the other person can stay, but double the rent! I can't wait till the wedding is over so there might not be so much drama!! Enjoy your time at Suzanne's!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote