Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #46  

I'll bet it is the wedding that is causing it. Are you on thyroid med-when your dose is too high, you get shaky.Been there.
Angela -dil-answered the wedding invite-Bob;s reception-that the 3 kids were coming. There are no kids invited an none will be there. It's at 7 at night!!!!And the envelope was addressed to Mr and Mrs.
We are making a tiki hut for the envelopes!!! Sure hope it comes out good,
Boy that baby Lily is sure llooking like her mother-reddish hair and all. Which will probably turn blonde-
Suzanne said she would come over next week.
Bye for now-Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. Another quick post as I am off to work at the pet food shop for a couple of days! I finally have all my spring cleaning done! Hand cleaned all my silk trees and plants yesterday while they shampooed the carpets. Washed the baseboards and floors, too. The A/C will be on for the next few days as the temps are suppose to be in the mid 80's. All that is left to clean is the windows in the guest room, office and bedroom. I need to have the landscaper trim my shrubs first....and he is behind schedule about 2 weeks now! Guess I'll have to rattle his cage a bit, huh?
Tammy, I hope this shaking thing isn't anything serious...probably just nerves about Tim and Lauren's wedding? Try to relax....let the in-laws do the sweating!
Mima, I am always specific when inviting people to a gathering; that children are not being included. I know some parents don't get the fact that it might not be appropriate to bring their kids to a celebration for adults. I personally never entertain the children of our friends/guests (unless it is a daytime event with separate activities for the kids) .....if they feel slighted about it, then they can stay home too.
Have to run....hope everyone is enjoying great weather! I'll check back later.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #48  

Default Hey There

I think putting the shock collar on Christie was the best idea. Now if we can stop her from going nuts after the mail truck we may have stopped some of her bad behavior.The thing is her fur is so thick that sometimes the probes don't make a good contact. Then it doesn't work like it is supposed to.
I don't know when my shoulders/arms are going to stop hurting.. I see my Dr. in a couple more weeks. Maybe he will inject them again. It sure hasn't helped that much yet.
I took advantage of my need for comfort foods this week and went overboard. Now I am up 2 lbs.. When I have a upsetting issue that tends to happen.
I hope everybody has a good weekend
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:26 AM   #49  

We went to a great concert at church last night-helps put things in perspective.
Angela's response to my telling her that there weren't any kids invited was to say she couldn't go. I had actually predicted that. She wanted to know about Suzanne and I said she was going to get the babysitter she used for work. It's at 7 at night. She's a piece of work.
I am missing my grandaughter,
I wish she wasn't so far.
It's going to be gorgeus again.
Sorry about your shoulder, Joanne, I have something wrong with my neck-I was sitting on a couch thast pushed my neck the wrong way. I need a massage,
Bye all-Mima
Old 04-27-2010, 06:35 AM   #50  

Good morning. Brad shut off the tenant's washing machine and they put it back on, I did not want him to do it anyways-it would just start a war.
I am getting a massage tomorrow and hopefully she will fix that spot in my neck.
Hope everyone is well. Mima-Tammy, how are you feeling?
Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #51  

Default Hey There

I have heard that tenants are hard to get rid of sometimes.. I hope the massage helps your neck,Mima. I don't think anything is going to help my shoulders/arms. I will talk to Dr.again when I see him in another week or so..
Christie doesn't mind the shock collar. my brother told me to wet the area where the collar is and it would make a better contact when needed. It seems just putting it on has helped some. She is no dumb dog. She must know what will happen if she is bad.
We are going up to N/Fl. for mothers day weekend.. The daughter was coming here but I need to get away.
The weather is nice after that bad storm a couple days ago. It is supposed to get hot by the last of the week. Summer is here.
Well today will be another busy one. To Walmart then to pick up some books then Publix for a few things I need. Need to iron a few things so they don't pile up on me..
The storm made a mess of the walks outside. A lot of brown fuzz off the trees. We have a lot of oaks here. It is too much for me so maybe the son will come around and take care of it..he will mow then.. Hundreds of little oaks coming up that need to be cut down..
Have a good day everybody...Joanne
Old 04-28-2010, 06:16 AM   #52  

Wow for the bad storm. I finally got back to WW and I was .8 below goal-I don't know how I did that, I was happy I didn;t have to pay.
Suzanne is coming over with the baby today. Yeah!
It is very cold here today but will warm up for the weekend,
Going away overnight for our anniversary-Newport RI/
Bye for now, Mima
Old 05-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #53  

Hi all! yeah for a 20% coupon at bed Bath and Beyond for a shower gift I have to buy, Going to Newport tomorrow for our anniversary-weather is SUPPOSED to be good, Tammy, how are you doing-I hope you can relax,'
Gota call for a referral for Debbie's (upstairs) new apt. She said that the girl was her daughter when it was the son's gf. i hope she gets it but the lady will have to set boundaries. can't wait to get upstairs,
Bye Mima
Old 05-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #54  

Default This is for Joanne

I am going to try to post a picture of Joanne and her great grandson. If I can remember how
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy (1) of Joanne with great grandson.jpg (47.8 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by MsEleni; 05-03-2010 at 11:36 PM.
MsEleni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #55  

Thanks-that's beautiful!!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Thanks for the picture, Eleni.....wonderful! Have been fighting a bout of depression past couple of weeks. I just can't seem to get used to the summers here in Florida.....just do not like the hot temps and having the house closed up. Lots of FM discomfort too....probably because I am emotionally miserable....I'll just keep plugging away at staying busy and hope it will pass quickly. Not up to posting too much....will check back later.
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #57  

Default Hey There

I don't like pictures of me. never have.. The baby is John Wallace ,They are calling him J W .. We were sitting by the pool when my daughter started taking pictures.. He is such a good baby. Usually smiling . he was parked in my lap most of the day..
Kate ..i hope you get to feeling better soon.. Maybe you just need some time off.
Mima.. I know you will be glad to get settled. maybe you should say to heck with it all and come back to Fl.
Tammy..You must be up to your ears in wedding plans.. You will need a rest when it is all over..
Hello Happy, Meme
I have been sorta busy this week. Our son went out of town and left his dog with us. Now I am walking and taking care of two dogs and one hubby. It seems he does less every day.. he seems to be showing his age more all the time.. I guess ,I never really gave it thought he would get older so quick.
It has really got hot here. It seems sooner this year than in the past..
I am getting as much exercise as my time will allow. At least I am walking the dog 3 times a day..
Keep well everybody...Joanne
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 PM   #58  

Hi-we went to Newport for our anniversary. So nice-walked the cliff walk in back of the mansions. The weather was gorgeous.
and we went to a funky place for dinner but brad didn't like his-I got salmon and loved it.
Sorry you are feeling sad. Kate. i was like that for a few weeks because of everything going on. i like my surroundings nice. But at least we can see a light at the end of the tunnel.
I am reaing an awesome book about the Christians being persecuted in China and how an American businessman is being changed through helping his Christian friend,
I will pray for you kate-hi everyone, Mima
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #59  

Hi.

Mima - glad you got away and had a good time. I think you needed that after all that has happened since you came back home. I'll bet that baby is growing a lot now. Such wonderful little people.

Kate - I sure hop that you are doing better. I love where I live. I like the change of seasons, and feel really quite good throughout the winter. I weigh that against the snow, and yep, I'll take less pain. Spring is NOT the best season for me, painwise. To many ups and downs. Our climate is dry here, so not much humidity. The only thing good for me with humidity, is my skin is great, and my hair is wonderful, but I won't trade where I live. I grew up having cold winters. The past 15 yrs. they have been much milder and very little snow, really. This year, we seemed to get all our snow in Dec, and then NOTHING. I really don't like cloudy days, and Alberta has tons of sunshine, summer and winter.

Joanne - you be careful taking out 2 dogs. At least you get your exercise in. Hope you are feeling better. I notice at work, that the men seem to be much older than the women (of the same age), and they sure are more grumpy! Nice picture of you and baby.

Meme - could you stop in and say HI. I hope you are ok and didn't get hit by those storms in Tennessee.

Tammy - Where are you? How are the wedding plans coming. Is it the 15 they are getting married, or is it tomorrow. I can't remember.

Everybody have a good day. Gotta run as I have to get to work.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #60  

Hello everyone. I think of you all each day, but I just haven't been in here. All of my bloodwork came back normal, and results were better than they were 1 1/2 years ago when I had it all done. Guess I've made progress in that area even if the weight is just kind of hanging on.

Mima, I'm not on thyroid medication. That was the first test that the doctor decided to do. I'm more normal now than I was the last time. lol I think the only child that will be at Tim's wedding is Lauren's niece, and she's the flower girl. I had a massage last week, and it was wonderful. Happy Anniversary!

Kate, I do think it's the nerves from graduation tomorrow and the wedding next weekend. Just too much going on, and I'm a worrier anyway. I need to shampoo my carpets. Sure wish we would have put in different carpet when we moved in 4 years ago.

Joanne, that's good about Christie acting better just having the collar on. Love the picture of you and the great grandson! I figure after the wedding weekend, I am just going to stay in the house and do absolutely nothing! I sure hope that you and your hubby take care!

Anne, it's nice living where you enjoy it. For the most part, I don't mind Ohio, but then a big snow comes and I wonder what I'm doing here! the wedding is the 15th. Tim and I will be headed to Indiana on the 13th. I'll be home the evening of the 16th. I know what you mean about men sometimes looking older than women.

I went away last weekend and met lots of people (all singles). Several of the men looked to be at least 5-10 years older than me, and I found out they are younger! Oh my. I'll be 55 tomorrow, and I had several people who were surprised at my age. They thought I was younger than I am. Maybe that's because I act like such a goof sometimes.

That's all for now. I will try to get in more often. Things have to be better after things calm down.

Take care everyone!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote