Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 02:07 PM   #31  

Default Hi Everyone

Hope you haven't been getting a lot of snow. Here the weather is incredible. It is +6 today or about 44 degrees above zero. The ground is white and it will stay like that until the spring, but we don't have much snow, as haven't had anything to speak of for at least a month. El Nino is out in the pacific and it is bringing the warm air into Western Canada, so needless to say, we love him a lot.

Now, tomorrow, I am going to start water exercies and go twice a week to start. If I can handle that, with this wonderful back of mine, I will increase it to 3 times a week in a couple of months. I am looking forward to this - I love it. It makes me feel alive, that is until the pain sets in, which usually happens, but since my back feels better that it has in years, I hope it will be ok.

Meme - don't worry about the gain, just get back on track. It will just take a week longer to get where you are going. You have done so well.

Mima - I bet you are getting excited about getting to Florida - and then having a nice guest. I hope everything goes as planned and you have nice weather so you can get walking.

Joanne, are you having those cold temperatures as well? Not so good for Florida is it!

Ally - I love onion soup and make it occassionally. In just tastes so good.

Candice - Love the picture of you and your Mom. She is pretty young looking as well. Alzheimers does take it's toll on them however. Love the hummel and I don't know if you got my e-mail, but thanks for the pictures. I really did enjoy them, and you really live out in the country. Myself, I prefer at least a small town, but really like the city best - the bigger the better.

Well everyone, keep warm and happy.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:19 PM   #32  

Default Hey There

Meme- Don't get too upset. This happens to all of us. Saddly sometimes the weight doesn't show up till a week or so after the fact. It may only be fluid. Did you eat out a lot? Most foods have salt in them when you eat out.
Hello to All my friends. It is cold here in west central Florida. I walked to the beach this evening and had to turn around and not get the full walk on the causeway. The wind almost blew me down. I still got my 3 miles. I was glad when my Hubby came after me. Happy ,I had to cover plants already last week.. I have a lot of tropical plants. That's why I don't get rid of the old sheets. I hope the cold will be here long enough to balance the bug population. The bad thing is they try to come into the house. My son is going to bomb the place sometime this week. That's florida. My house was built in 1946,so it is not real tight.
Memi - wave when you fly over.
Ally- I like onions too. I use them in about everything. I don't worry about gas. So what!At my age most of us have it anyhow and that is not the worst of our problems.
Bye for now ... Joanne
Old 01-07-2002, 09:36 PM   #33  

Meme, were ya eatin' that wet snow or just using your scale outside! I never gained any except water while on WW so I know it can happen but if you are eating right and not cheating at all you should be ok and remeber that muscle weighs more than fat too and maybe you picked up some of that!

Ally....oh that sounds good and I'm freezing! Onions do make me toot though but then again I am full hot air!

Anne...Yes I got your email, thought I answered it but it must of gotten lsot! my puter has been acting up lately. Too many pictures!LOL

Joanne..Mima has a new beau so she doens't want o fart him away!

Mima..Beeno dose not work for me..nothing does and I love gasey foods, they are healthy too!

Today was cleaning day and now I have to go find something to eat..soup sounds good agin..had that for lunch but I'm cold!
Old 01-08-2002, 01:26 AM   #34  

Neither one Smart-*SS...

Wet snow, like rain, makes me swell...especially my knees...I can't even bend the right one. Oh well...at least I don't have GAS!

I've been good today...below points. I've been walking 2 or 3 times a week and doing Oxycise, too, so you could be right about the muscle weight...imagine that...ME with muscles!

No school again tomorrow...be glad when this snow is gone!!!

Hope you guys get over your "onion soup"!!!

Last edited by MemeToo; 01-08-2002 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-08-2002, 05:24 AM   #35  

Meme..I wish my *ss was smart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(we all no I don't have a brain..all air up there!) Must be all that soup!LOL

Seriously... if you have been walking I bet it is muscle so don't get upset with yourself or the program cause it does work! Hope your knee gets better, I just bloat from humidity and gas!

Thanks for posting the great picture of me going from buff to a balloon! All that hot air ya know! Off to watch Oprah again I taped it!
Old 01-08-2002, 05:48 AM   #36  

Default Hello

I love you guys -it's so much fun to read your posts. As for gas and a new beau-you can't get away from it-at my age and his -we just laugh-relationships in your 60's are really funny!!!Chiro yesterday, rheumo and massage today!!The week of appts before I go to FL. I haven't seen Brad for 2 days -how will I survive 2 weeks? Except I will make myself busy. He has work to catch up on before he goes !!He is putting heat in at his church.It snowed again last night. Car goes on Thurs so I won't have to deal with it after that. Even though it's cold in FL-it's always warmer and good walking weather. My son has lots of shipping for me to do.I always say that I work for food-he feeds me and I ship.Brad being there will change the dynamics but they will have to get used to it-anyways , he's very social so it won't be a problem. I used to go out with my daughter-in-law and her mother sometimes but we'll have to work around that. Bye for now and hi to all. Happy, be careful and don't overdo the exercises-I still used to pull things but it was great!!!!Mima
Old 01-08-2002, 11:37 PM   #37  

time for a new thread
Closed Thread