Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #16  

Glad you all had such a nice day. Brad gave up a nice job because the man would have driven him nuts and then got a call from his cousin for an even bigger job....and he pays him. And soesn't drive him crazy. God is good.
Gotta finish the quilt this week and I am making 4 more bibs for the girls-Angelina will need one in time. they are my cousin's grandaughters. Going to see the baby tomorrow!!!! Got her an outfit in Walmart by carter's-they have such nice baby clothes now.
Bye for now. Mima Bye Anne
Old 05-15-2007, 09:55 AM   #17  

Anne, I'm sure you are busy packing!! You had lots to celebrate over the weekend with all those birthdays.

Mima, glad that the stitches are out. You are so talented making so many things.

Joanne, I haven't been to Golden Corrall in ages. Sounds good right now! That's about what I told Tim about the early hours. He said he'll probably end up working nights when he is first hired, but it depends on the position he gets. I can't believe the dog likes hot sauce!!!

Meme, hope your headaches end soon. I would love that Lifeway store!!!

Bob got up early with the dog this morning, so I was able to stay in bed until 7:15. That was nice. We're busy doing errands and little things around the house today. It is beautiful outside. It's supposed to storm later tonight, but I'll believe it when it happens.

Have a great day!
Old 05-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #18  

Yes-it's storming here. Bye Anne-have a wonderful trip.
Tried to get a massage appt but she was booked so I did get an appt with the chiropractor. Still out-of-plan. I'm looking into getting medex and medicare next year-it will work better in FL I think-going to write down costs and compare. I have to pay 50% more for Medicare because I refused it in 2003 when I turned 65. 10% per year. My choice.
I was happy to find out Macy's carries Alfred Dunner pants and they are 40% off-going to buy some with my gift cert. Their size 10 fits me perfectly and I don't have to hem them-that's the best part for a shrinking woman.
Going to Auntie's-can't see the baby yet because mother is very stressed. had to take baby to doc to see if she is jaundiced but doc said she was ok. Still worried-I remember those days-I was paranoid. We prayed for her at prayer meeting last night.
Bye for now. Mima
Old 05-16-2007, 03:24 PM   #19  

We had some rain, but the big storm went south of us. Tornadoes sited, lightning strikes. I'm glad that part missed us!! I like Alfred Dunner clothing also, well mainly shirts. I always have trouble getting pants the length that I like. I remember those days of being paranoid after Tim was born like it was yesterday.

I just woke up from a nice nap. It is in the 60's today, and the cool air felt nice with the blanket over me. Kramer enjoyed it too. lol

Hope everyone is having a great day!
When was Anne leaving?
Old 05-17-2007, 05:59 AM   #20  

Tornado warning here too. Lots of rain-in the cellar also. I wish Brad would fix it sooner than later. He has so much on his plate. We have to get his truck fixed today so he will take my car-that will keep me home.
Took Auntie to lunch. Shopping last night. went to the mall-no pants-very little selection. Well, actually, they had navy. So I still have my gift cert. Well, it;s going to be call so I should not worry about summer pamts/.
Wow-the best singer was kicked off of Idol!!!!She is so awesome-she will be fine.
The chiro worked on my back and then I massaged my legs-the muscles get do tight. I am really out of shape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss the pool in FL and the warm weather. there is a pool at the hotel next week.
Got up too early again. Mima
Old 05-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #21  

Having problems here. Sometimes I just want to run away from home. Ever feel like that? Oh well ... not a lot I can do about this. Story of my life, anything I do or say just makes things worse. I used to throw myself into my work but can't do that much anymore because I hurt so bad. I need an escape button bad ... one that actually works ... maybe sends me to a warm, tropical beach somewhere - miles and miles away from everyone!

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is cool here. Need someone to massage my shoulders. (and clean my house and do my laundry and ............... and .............. )
Old 05-18-2007, 05:11 AM   #22  

Mima, the house we moved from would get water in the basement at every heavy rain. It was that way from the time I moved in there when I was in 6th grade. My parents tried several fix-its, and so did Bob and I, but it still leaked when we moved out. The new owners knew about it, and they said they have plans to do something to get it fixed. I wish them luck! I can imagine how much you miss that pool! I enjoy the 2 nights a week that I have aerobics, and I don't understand why I just don't go to the Y at other times when they aren't having classes and use the pool then.

Meme, I feel bad that you feel bad! I have been there when I wanted to just get away from everything. That warm, tropical beach sounds great. Maybe we could all push that escape button and have a slumber party.
It is 41 degrees right now. Only up in the 50's all day yesterday. Not sure if it will warm up much today or not. I can relate to those needs!!!

Tim will be home this afternoon. Our old town is having their yearly festival, so he is meeting up with some of his HS buddies. They'll have fun. I'll probably go to the parade in the morning. The grand marshall is my friend Carol's father! He is a wonderful man, and he is well-deserving of the honor.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #23  

Sounds like fun, Tammy. I reread my post from yesterday-I should have read it yesterday for all the mispellings. It's going to pour today and rain heavily-. They actually found the leak so that Brad's truck will pass inspection.
I watched Hotel Rwanda last night. Wow!!! Evil!!!
My work friends are going to take me to the Mall when we are working next week. It's a big mall and has a Macy's.
I started cleaning out the camper. The mice had a great hotel for the winter. After I get it emptied, I will have the girl across the street clean. Brad has to power wash it and put away stuff and fix it a bit. But we have a lot of money tied up in it. Money that could take us out west or be put back in the bank to make up for the money taken out for the apt. We can deduct that money from our taxes/
I finished the quilt-adorable. What a nice feeling to create. Now I will make one for Isaac's wife and I won't have to buy anything. That will be a labor of love for sure.
I am sleeping better in the den. Brad is so restless. When I get up, he's on the couch with his Southern Gospel music station on the tv to help him sleep. We have xm radio on our satellite dish-it's awesome!!!
Bye for now-Hope you feel better Meme. You must miss some of your activities and the fellowship. You can have the fellowship without the activities. I withdrew from the nursery finally. have to disappoint my SIL who is in charge. She's like you Meme-takes on so much. I told her I would teach Sunday school-they don't take a break for the summer. I feel bad for the teachers.
Tammy, I could join the health club nearby and enjoy the pool. I am just too stupid!!! Mima
Old 05-18-2007, 08:03 AM   #24  

I do the same thing with my posts. I don't proofread when I need to. I want to go to the mall with you!! I rarely go to malls. We don't have any really close to us. Glad the mice had a nice place for the winter. You are not too stupid!!! Join that sucker!!! You'll feel better.

Off to get a perm, then pick up some Avon, then grab a bite to eat.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #25  

Auntie wants some Avon.I will have to contact another lady because I don't have the phone number from the one I bought from last year. I used to sell Avon. It was fun but of course I bought a lot of stuff.
Rain, rain!!! Raw and cold. Going to take my best friend Sandy for lunch for her Birthday. There are 3 who celebrate each others bd's -an excuse to get together. Going to the tea room and hope they have something I can eat-like soup. But I will get some chai latte tea-to die for.
I will have a pool in the hotel. Hope it's warm. Only 2 nights there. Next week only one so I should join the health club when I come back-2 days a week will be good. My insurance will give me money back from the membership/
Hi meme, Joanne!!! Hi Anne far away. Mima
Old 05-19-2007, 02:20 PM   #26  

Too bad we aren't closer, you could order from my Avon lady! It is about 70 here today, but I think it is cold! I wore shorts to a parade, and I regretted it.
Hope you enjoyed the lunch with your friend. I agree that you should join the health club especially if the insurance will help out. That's great!!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:31 AM   #27  

I would love 70-it's still raining and I got out my leather gloves.
Lunch was great-Sandy looks wonderful=she lost 25 pounds but all in her stomache! She is just being careful. We had such a nice time.
Busy day today-Sunday school-church-ministry fair-shower- and then back home and Singspiration tonight. Love that.
Debbie has (had) pneumonia. Had temp of 106. She is better.
Got another Ted Dekker book-read Martyr's Song the other day. Requested that our library get them.
benn sleeping much better since I move into the den.
Bye for now-and have a great Sunday Tammy, Joanne, Meme!! and Anne, wherever you are. Hi Chris. Mima
Old 05-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #28  

It was up to 84 today, and the sun was shining. Very nice.
That's great that your friend lost 25 pounds! You have had a busy day today.
Glad to hear that Debbie is better. I just love Ted Dekker's books. I've read the Martyr's Song Series. I was going to say that it's my favorite, but I liked Black, etc. too. Showdown was good. House written with Frank Peretti was good, but eerie. I read Obsessed by Dekker a couple months ago.

Church was good this morning. Tim was home, but he decided to sleep instead of going to church. Bob hasn't gone to church in ages, so I don't even ask anymore if he is going.

Tomorrow is our retirement party for the 3 of us who are retiring at the elementary (or who have retired already!!).
Old 05-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #29  

Tammy, have a great time at your party. Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go-3 days. Not bad and with friends that I am excited to see.
The shower was nice-the outfits given were adorable. The Dad liked the quilt with the little cowgirls. My daughter put so much work into it. She ended up with IBS-guess the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree. I hope she's ok today.
Brad went to Keith's bd-they gave him a cupcake that he smeared all over. I can't wait to see the picture.
I volunteered to work at VBS this summer. It's so nice to only belong to one church-I don't feel so schizo. I haven't bumped into anyone from Holy Spirit yet. I feel bad that I can't help with the Fair but it seemed like so much work just to raise money for CCD.
It finally stopped raining.
Bye for now. Mima
Old 05-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #30  

I'm looking forward to the party except for the part at the end when they want the 3 of us to get up and say a few words. I've been thinking of different things to say, but I just haven't decided yet.

Enjoy the 3 days of work with your friends!! The quilt sounds cute. LOL to that cupcake!!

I think everyone went with Anne on her trip since you and I are the only ones posting. I hope they all send postcards.
Closed Thread