Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 08:39 AM   #16  

Default Hey There

Ally- This guy sounds real "needy" ,but what the heck .Have fun!When my hubby starts in with the build up I say "What do you want"and "Forget it".
Happy - You are probably right on the mark. Although I am staying within my points I am eating pasta. Most of the white stuff. I tried the wheat pasta but it kept me in the bathroom too much. Lot of fiber there.Good luck on the moving.. I guess you will leave the mice relatives there.
Mima I hope the weather is good for you in Jan. down here. You will be further south than I am so it will be at least 10 degrees warmer. On the gulf it is always nice. I live a mile from the gulf and walk there every day.
Memetoo. I walk 3+ miles every day. I still have colesterol in the 200's I got down to 186, 3 months ago and back to 200's this month. Sorta unstable and my eating habits have not changed. It is an endless battle.I have one thing in my favor. My good colestrol is really good. I think a lot of us can relate to the headaches. With me it is tension and arthritis. Usually in the back of my neck.
Candice ,do whatever is needed to get healthy.
I don't think we have heard much from tootie since the floods in Texas??
You all have a Great Day...Joanne
Old 11-15-2001, 10:03 AM   #17  

Good morning.

Candice, I have a Kitchen Aid Mixer Professional (from Costco) and I love it. Have had it for 4 years and it beats the Sunbeam Oster at everything. It has lots of power, and I would not hesitate to buy another.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:23 PM   #18  

Oh guys, most men are needy. I read a wonderful book a few years ago that talked about how you have to learn to accept that men as a species did not evolve as fast as their female counterparts. And unless we want to live alone (or with other women) we have to find a way to accept this.
BUT, this guy is the sweetest nicest guy in the world. I am just worried that he wants to just jump right into a full fledged love affair and I really just want to be wined and dined and pampered for a while.....
Mima...I can always use advice. He is right about my putting myself down tho.....he works where I work, I have known him for years. He says I do it unconsciously. Always have an insult on hand for myself.
We shall see. Gave me a few butterflies, which in turn kept my fat butt out of the kitchen.
Meme...I don;t know how you do all you do with kiddies. And with migraines at the same time???
Don't know about Kitchen Aide...can I hire one?
Old 11-16-2001, 06:28 AM   #19  

Default Good morning

I had th most wonderful massage yesterday and I'm going swimming and in the whirlpool today. My neck and shoulders hurt from too much needlework. I am going to make the pumpkin pie in the WW magazine for this month-got it on line. It uses phyllo dough and it's only 3 pts. per serving. Ally-you are funny!!!I would like a man to date but they want more.Had a great walk with my aunt yesterday-we had a drink at lunch and she held on to me walking back. I got my rental car yesterday-I got a Camry just like mine except for great automatic seats.I took out extra insurance because I got scared when th guy mentioned paying a deductible if anything happened.I guess I'm paranoid about another accident. Going to a small retirement party today and to the Christian Singles group tonight and out to eat. But I'm maintaining doing what i do so that's good. I'm going to a 46th high school reunion next Sept-gotta look good. There will be one old boyfriend there-maybe? See ya. Mima
Old 11-16-2001, 12:50 PM   #20  

Mima...share the recipe for pumpkin pie...I need a low point one really bad!!!
Old 11-16-2001, 07:03 PM   #21  

Default Hey There

Mime- Yes by all means share the pumpkin pie recipe. I think the points are usually 9 points for pie.
Ally sounds like you are getting really interested in this guy.. Keep him wanting.. That way he will stay nice and sweet.
Meme- There must be a star in heaven for G/mothers who take on their G/children. I hope your children love you for it. It is not easy even when you feel good. I did a lot of babysitting for my daughter. Her children are adults now and I miss them. One is in college and the other in the navy. My son has no children. I wish he would get busy and find a wife and have some. He is 43 and it might not happen. He was married and it was not a happy time for him.
Hello Candice. Happy, You all have a Great Weekend...Joanne
Old 11-16-2001, 08:01 PM   #22  

Default Good News

The house is sold!!!!! The realtor is coming out to put up the sold sign tonight. That means I have to get busy packing and be ready to move by 14 Dec. That is really not a problem. The less time I have, the easier it is to get it done. I am quite happy that it is done at last. Never thought it would take this long to sell, as it has been a hot market, but so many houses were built it was hard to compete - anyway now it is done, and the next thing Ihave to do is find a place to live. It will probably be back to the city, and into a condo in the spring, once it is built. We have put a deposit down on it, so it will be ours if we want it.

Ally - watch that guy, you might fall for him as well. If it is good for the diet, go for it, only watch out.

Meme - hope you are feeling better and that headache has gone.

Candice - I don't understand what that Dr. is talking about. Go ahead and use the arm, even if it is really painful! Ouch.

Mima - glad you have a rental car to get yourself around. That does help a lot. Have fun at the singles dance - enjoy yourself, you deserve it after the past few weeks.

Joanne - Pumpkin pie is something I really can leave. I don't like pie that much, but I don't mind the pumpkin filling.

Have a good weekend everyone. Catch you later.
Old 11-17-2001, 07:03 AM   #23  

Default Hello

Hi all-went to a singles meeting and saw my old friend Brad who said he would call me a while back but got involved with someone. Again he said he'd call me =we'll see . He is a nice person and only a friend. Poor guy-lost his wife to cancer and his son got killed a few months later so he has had a hard time to get over it. But now it's been 4 years-not the short time it was when i first met him. Move over Ally!!!!Pie recipe is on the Weight Watchers on-line mag. Go to Weightwatchers.com and look for the magazine volume 45 and the recipe. If not-I will retrieve it from my car and post it-I put it there to pick up ingredients. I got my own car back yesterday-really fast. I celebrated by buying a new sweater. I am going to hera a barber shop group tonight with my aunt and my sister-in-law. Good luck packing Happy-watch out for lifting as that really aggravates that rib condition.Hi Jo-anne. It's cold here . I want more granchildren-babies-my younger 2 aren't married but there only in their 20's .So are my niece and nephew so there is hope. Someone told me of some volunteer work where you could go into the preemie ward and rock babies. She said it was great.I need to walk a bit today. And nap because i went to bed late. Hi Meme, Candice, Ally. Mima
Old 11-17-2001, 04:58 PM   #24  

Default Hello

Meme-could ypo go to the WW ebsite and copy and paste that recipe?If not-I'll print it out in the morning. Thanks Mima
Old 11-17-2001, 05:35 PM   #25  

You go girl Mima......
Ya know, I gotta tell you the results of my informal poll. Woman who are married are telling me to be careful, go slow, watch out etc.
Single women are telling me to throw caution to the wind, go for it, you only live once etc, etc.
Something to think about.
Anyway... it is very hard to begin a romance when you have teens. My sons know this man and like him very much. Last nite he stopped by just for a few minutes and my son was folding the laundry. All of a sudden he comes into the living room with my biggest pair of granny pant underwear and says "are these yours??????"
Sheeeeeesh.
We have a dinner date on Wednes nite. Will keep you informed.
Hasn't kept me from snacking tho...
Happy.....get packing. Don't envy you with that. What will you do for the holidays?
Joanne....wonder what he will WANT now that he's seen my bloomers???
Hope you get that pie Meme......
Hi Candice...how's the arm????
Old 11-17-2001, 07:04 PM   #26  

Default Hey There

Ally-- You can bet the bank he is going to want all he can get!!! He is male!!And I bet seeing your bloomers will have nothing to do with it...
Have fun when you go out to dinner...
Hello to everyone...Love you guys...Joanne
Old 11-18-2001, 12:13 AM   #27  

What's phyllo dough???

Prep Time | 15 min
Cook Time | 60 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
Was | 8 POINTS
Now | 3 POINTS

Ingredients

4 piece(s) phyllo dough
1/2 cup(s) dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cornstarch
1/8 tsp table salt
1 1/2 cup(s) canned pumpkin, puree
1 1/2 cup(s) fat-free evaporated milk
1/2 cup(s) regular egg substitute
1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9-inch round pie pan with cooking spray.

Cut phyllo sheets in half. Place 1 sheet in prepared pan, lightly spray with cooking spray, and top with another sheet of phyllo, placing corners just to the right of the previous corners. Repeat with remaining sheets. Press the phyllo into the pan and roll in the edges. Bake until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.

Whisk together brown sugar, spices, cornstarch and salt. In another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, egg substitute and vanilla. Gradually whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.

Pour filling into crust. Bake until set, about 50 minutes. Cover crust edges with foil if they become too brown during baking. Cool completely before cutting.

Chef Tips

We renovated Pumpkin Pie by:

Replacing a butter-laden crust with layers of light, crispy phyllo dough.

Using egg substitute instead of whole eggs.

Adding POINT-free vanilla to sweeten the taste.

Serves | 8
POINTS per serving | 3

You're Welcome!
Old 11-18-2001, 04:42 AM   #28  

Just had a looong post get lost! arrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne..email about your Kitchenaid..watts and stuff...

Meme and Mima thanks fo the pie recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ally..granny Bloomers!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne..forgot what I was gonna say!

Friends baby pugs!
Old 11-18-2001, 08:29 AM   #29  

Default Hello

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Meme-!!!!!Phyllo dough is that stuff they make baklava out of=thin and flaky-I think you get it in the refrigerator section of the supermarket.Meme-you saved me a lot of typing. Well, I am again the head dork. WEnt to a concert last night with Auntie and my sister-in-law , handed in the tickets , they were for the night before. They did exchange them. I've had them for 2 months but I had so many conversations with the person I bought them from..........DUH.Concert was great. Ally-that was too funny about the bloomers. I'm a single person that says go slow because this guy is not in the same place emotionally that you are-been there-done that. But it's nice to have a male friend. And it's crazy having teenagers around.Good Luck. Only got 6 hours of sleep again!!!Maybe I'll have a nap before church. Bye guys!!Great day to all. Mima
Old 11-19-2001, 06:49 PM   #30  

Candice, those little pugs are cute!

Ally, can your new friend beat these little guys in looks? Bloomers!? Well, it must have been quite a laugh to see the undies come out of hiding? Good thing we are not 20 again, isn't it! Ally, enjoy yourself. Good thing the boys like him as well.

Well, I still haven't found a place to live. I am going looking at a condo tonight. Talked to the fellow who is selling the condo we are buying, and he figured it will be ready in March, so I suspect June or July - so just need a place to hide for a few months. Only going to unpack the necessary things.

Well, hope you all had a good weekend. Mima, where were you this morning. Missed your morning post. Joanne, haven't heard from you for a couple of days, and Meme - you are really sluffing off!! Are you busy or something? how is your grandson doing?

Candice, i will get the info. re Kitchen Aid Professional. It is big one, and has a lot of power, and I really love it.
Closed Thread