Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2001, 10:11 PM   #31  

I've been in Nashville all day...stupid doctors...I HATE going to the Dr.!!!!!!! He said he was pretty sure the pain in my back neck and shoulders was fibro and not arthritis...WELL DUH!?! I've been telling him that for YEARS! So here is what he wants me to do!
1. Get more rest
2. Get more sleep
3. Exercise (such as walking...which I can't do most of the time Because of my knees!)
4. Take vitamins and calcium.
5. Go to physical therapy twice a week.

OK...here's the problem... I go get Ross every day at 3 and keep him until 6...I keep Jenna 2 days a week...I teach piano 1 afternoon and 2 nights a week...I do all my own housework...shopping...laundry...etc. To that he ADDS ...exercise and two trips to physical therapy a week. AND THEN HE TELLS ME TO GET MORE REST!!! I'm disappointed...he said he was going to do something different this time if I was still hurting...something like Embrel or Remicade...and all he does is give me a steroid shot...there goes the weight loss for a couple of weeks!

DON'T EAT TOO MUCH THANKSGIVING DAY!

Turkey in abundance for everyone to eat,
Mashed potatoes and gravy so Try to be neat!
Pumpkin pie and ice cream just can't be beat.
A real crowd when friends and family meet
Dinner is ready, So please take a seat!
And enjoy this traditional Thanksgiving treat.
But don't eat so much that you can't see your feet!

Last edited by MemeToo; 11-19-2001 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2001, 01:51 AM   #32  

Meme....where did you get a pictue of my DH!

Today is our 25th wedding aniversary!!!!!
Old 11-20-2001, 07:20 AM   #33  

Default Hello

Happy Anniversary Candice-And many more!!!I didn't post yesterday because there were no new posts. It's nice to be missed!Good luck on your condo, Happy. When I sold my house last year I had no place to go until 2 weeks before I moved. They needed to be in my house before school started. Sounds like the condo you will get later will be nice. Condo living is great. No worries to speak of. My son was here last night and took my Christmas stuff down from the attic. Another problem solved.Meme-just add one little thing at a time. I am so stiff from doing needlework and i love to do it!!!!I will try yoga again tomorrow.Hope he actually does yoga and not talk all the time. Hi Ally!Joanne. !Here comes the rain.Weneed it. Good day everyone!Mima
Old 11-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #34  

Default Hello

Happy- I seem to be behind all the time lately.. There just isn't enough hours in a day. Maybe I am just slowing down. Maybe I just haven't had anything too interesting to pass on. We are going to my daughters for the Holiday. Hope I can keep my eating in control . I am barely maintaining now. I hope the papers aren't correct when they say that most peopls will outnumber their calories many hundreds during the Holiday.Maybe I am letting too many small things bother me.. Maybe I am just getting all wound up for nothing. I hope you can find a nice place to hang your hat for the Holidays. It will make things more pleasant.
Meme- Thanks for copying the pie recipe for us. I copied it for my sister and myself. We will give it a try.
What cute dogs Candice. I wanted to get a small dog for the longest time. Now I have new white carpet in the living room and I would not dare.
Mima - You always sound like you are having so much fun . Car accident and all. I would be a bundle of nerves if I even got a ticket.
Ally- Having Fun!! Your boys will probably watch him real close if they think he is getting serious.
Bye you all.. I am on the edge of not making a whole lot of sence. I really just wanted to say hello.. Joanne
Old 11-21-2001, 01:57 AM   #35  

Going to new thread
Closed Thread