Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #76  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Another night of being up most of the night...I'm about ready to crack. I'm so tired I'm too tired to boil an omelette....that's really tired. We had a nice anniversary dinner but I ate til I was sick. I used to eat like that all the time...what was I thinking all that time?? I also had a glass of wine (compliments of the wine sommelier) and I rarely drink. I ate way off plan, of course, so I'm going to skip the scale a few days. FBS was 126. My reading have been in the mid to upper 120s lately and they had been in the mid to upper 110s.....need to get back on track with food and get my daughter well so I can get back to more sleep.

Carol Sue i'm worried about you, hope you start feeling back to normal soon.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Shannon Happy belated Anniversary. Sorry that I forgot to say anything before. Glad you daughter is better, but sorry she is still keeping you up. Hope you can get some rest and feel better soon.

Carol Sue I will praying for you to feel better soon. Don't let things go too long. Maybe you have been exercising a little too much. This morning I got up and my knees were a little sore. I remembered what you said about the amount of veggies you eat affecting your joints. I didn't have one veggie yesterday and I decided today to start watching to see how the amount of veggies affect mine. Please keep us posted as to how you are feeling as you can.

Rennie I love fresh bread too. Most of the time DH will ask them not to bring it to the table. If they do, we always eat more of it than we should. I love the bread sticks at Olive Garden and the bread offered at steakhouses. When we moved to the country when my kids were little, I got the idea that we ate so much bread that I could save money by making my own bread as my recipe made 2 loafs at a time. Didn't take long to find this would never work for us because everybody was sitting at the table with knife and butter ready to eat fresh baked bread and the 5 of us could eat a whole loaf as soon as it came out of the oven. haha Haven't made a loaf since their Daddy passed away.

Well, I kept the 223 for 2 days. It is bouncing between 223.6 and 223.8, but I decided to go ahead and change the ticker. I've decided that eating between 1400 and 1600 calories a day according to MFP... I am supposed to lose about 1 lb a week and that is about what I lost this past week. Just hope I can keep things moving 1 lb a week as that alone would be nice. I guess I could do better if I could do Atkins, but it isn't going to happen before my trip. Maybe I'll be able to do it when I get back from my trip. I think knowing that I can't stay on low carb on my trip is mentally keeping me from doing it. My fbs was back in 120s today. That is just so baffling to me as to how it works. All I know to do is to keep eating as healthy as I know how and hope it will balance out. I am working toward keeping my fiber in as healthy a range as my tummy will tolerate.

So far today has been low carb, but only time will tell how the rest of the day will go.

Y'all have a good day.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trust me Trish, I have NOT been exercising too much. I feel fine today, just a little tired due to not being able to sleep much. This is just something that happens to me, and I just wanted you guys to be aware of it if I don't post one of these days. I know I always wonder when someone just ups and disappears after being a regular poster. The last time this happened the doc had me wear a heart monitor for 30 days and he said all that showed up was some extra beats here and there. He wasn't concerned. It is just scary to me since I don't know what causes it.

Shannon, I'm glad you had a nice night out. It was a celebration...I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You will get back on plan. Hope you can get some sleep too, with your little one.

It took me until age 68 to realize I like red and yellow peppers. I have always liked stuffed peppers made with green peppers, but I can't eat raw green peppers because they make me too burpy. I heard that the other colored peppers don't do that and someone suggested I use them with my hummus. I bought some last week and I loved them! Had to buy more today.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Trust me Trish, I have NOT been exercising too much. I feel fine today, just a little tired due to not being able to sleep much. This is just something that happens to me, and I just wanted you guys to be aware of it if I don't post one of these days. I know I always wonder when someone just ups and disappears after being a regular poster. The last time this happened the doc had me wear a heart monitor for 30 days and he said all that showed up was some extra beats here and there. He wasn't concerned. It is just scary to me since I don't know what causes it.
So glad you are feeling better. DH has had atrifib (sp) for a long time until we figured how to control it on our own, but it never showed up on the monitor when he wore it. I know it was very scary for him too. Sometimes he was even afraid to go to sleep. We finally learned by accident that if he took magnesium or eats nuts that he doesn't have them. Of course, I'm not suggesting that for you, it's just how that worked for him. Just glad you are feeling better.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:28 PM   #80  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol Sue, they get all of that off your feet and they will feel so much better, I promise you. I use to have hard skin around the edges of my heels. My husband bought me a pet egg at my request and I must admit it works wonders but nothing like when the nail techs do it. CAROL SUE FORGIVE ME, I'M NOT HAPPY ... PLEASE DON'T WAIT ON GOING TO THE DOCTOR. You just told us about your husband not wanting to go and now you are doing it also. Please just have yourself checked out. My Auntie had to wear a heart monitor for a bit ... Glad to hear you are feeling better today, but I still think you should inform your doctor. We are ALL concerned about you so please let us know if you contact the doctor I buy red pepper hummus, so so good

Shannon, glad you enjoyed your evening, sorry about the sick feeling. I hope Olivia feels better soon and you get some much needed rest

LOL Trish that's what use to happen when my family made bread, rolls or biscuits. I don't bake like that thank goodness I hate the kneading and waiting So far my day has been low carb also ... we can do it

My fbs was 127 this morning, had a great 4lb water drop on the scale so I am happy. Hope I can keep this up
Old 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM   #81  
~Shannon

This lack of sleep is not helping with my food choices....hoping for a better day tomorrow!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 PM   #82  

Well, I didn't do low carb all day. But the strange thing is that I have eaten what I wanted at lunch and dinner, but filled up quick and ended up not eating it all and putting it down the garbage disposal. Stayed within the calories, a little more carbs, but within the percentage I planned and fiber is pretty good too. I'm through eating for the day.

I am actually bored with food and having a hard time even thinking about what to eat or even deciding what to cook. I just don't want to be bothered with it. Don't want to shop for food or have anything to do with it right now. Don't know how long this will last but I will hope to be able to make it work for me right now.

Already tired. I slept good, but stayed up too late and didn't want to get up this morning.

Shannon I sure hope you get a good nights sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.

Carol Sue Hope you are feeling a lot better and having no more palpitations.

Rennie Hope everything went good for you today.

Everybody Else
Old 05-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #83  

Good morning. I was able to fall back to sleep this morning and got 2 addtl hours sleep. That should make a difference.

Rennie, good for you on the 4 lb drop and the FBG! I saw you posting in the 150s thread. So proud of you!

I am watching this heart thing. My cadiologist told me the 2 things to watch for are fatigue and shortness of breath. I have had neither of these. The palpitations are scary, but I HAVE had them checked out twice in the past couple years and both times they were not an issue. It only happens for a few seconds at a time. I am not ignoring it, but just waiting to see how long they continue and if there are any other unusual symptoms. I do appreciate your concern.

Trish, not thinking about food is a good indication that you are changing your eating habits. I am always thinking about food. Every once in a while I am out somewhere and forget about lunch. That is always so surprising to me when I realize that I'm hungry! IE still does not come naturally to me. I have to work at it.

Shannon, I make poor food choices also when I am tired. It's like I'm trying to find something to give me some energy when what I really need is sleep. I hope you get some soon. Does your daughter nap in the afternoon? Is her tummy feeling better?

My blood sugar was a little high when I went to bed. 145. I was not hungry, but I wanted to eat something. I fought off that urge and when I got up this morning I was at 147. So I am now pretty sure that no evening eating is helping with the dawn phenomenon. I know 147 is not a good fasting number, but I am focusing on the fact that it did not go up twice during the night when I did not eat in the evening. All this time I have been listening to the people who say a snack in the evening will improve FBG. LOL

I just clicked through my history on my meter, and before 4/1 the readings were all above 200, so I have improved it, even though it's still not perfect.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #84  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Shannon can you take a nap during the day? It will help you at night also. I pray Olivia sleeps so that you can sleep. Hope you have a better day today

Trish I've felt like this so many times --> I am actually bored with food and having a hard time even thinking about what to eat or even deciding what to cook. I just don't want to be bothered with it. Don't want to shop for food or have anything to do with it right now. I had a great day thank you We have Bible study on Wednesday's. Having my spirit fed always brings me joy and needed peace

Carol Sue I know you'll do what you feel/know is right That 4lbs at once was a shock but doing something right made a difference. I book marked the 150's thread and the people that are there are so nice. I'm not quite there yet but I soon hope to be You've done very well with your fbs, proud of you

Ladies, I saw a new low 159.4 My fbs was 140 not good! I was gonna eat a baked potato last night after church but I didn't. I made it then wrapped it and put it in the fridge. Instead I ate crustless pepperoni pizza and a grapefruit. Going to a movie today so I hope the popcorn doesn't mess me up since I'm eating it early in the day, have a pass that gives popcorn and a drink. One of my evening weaknesses was/is popcorn and it use to get me every time with the water gain on the scale. Hoping to keep the numbers going down the rest of the week and get my fbs in order
Old 05-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #85  

Rennie Great on the new low 159.4. I know about that fbs really sucks when you think it should be better because of the weight loss. I had a new low this morning of 222.8 exactly 1 lb lower than yesterday. My fbs was 129 yesterday so I thought great weight down and bp good and the stupid fbs was149 Like I said just doesn't really make sense to me. However, I suddenly realized that maybe since we lose some and seem to stall while our body adjusts, just maybe when we have the bounce with the fbs when we lose is the body adjusting too. I think there are just more going on here than we know. Anyway, I do believe that if we continue to do the best we can and get the weight off that the fbs will finally balance out and catch up. I just don't really want to have to live on Atkins Induction for the rest of my life to do it. Which makes me wonder how bad do I really want this. If AI was the only way to be healthy for me, wouldn't I want be willing to do it? I just don't understand my thinking.

I had a cousin who was born with T-1 diabetes. I was only around her a few times, but she would sneak around and get candy bars to eat. I remember thinking as we got older why she didn't take her condition more seriously. She finally went blind before she died. She would tell me, I know I'm not supposed to have candy but I don't care, I eat it any way. She and her brother both had T-1 and he lost limbs etc. That puzzled me when they had the attitude they had and I have to say that even today my attitude puzzles me. Like a little kid, I try to find a way around being able to have what I want without hurting myself. I get so angry with myself.

Carol Sue I don't know why I didn't think of this yesterday. I don't have heart problems, but sometimes if I get too much caffeine, I get palpitations and I've heard of other like DH DD has a valve problem and she does the same thing when she drinks too much coffee which she does a lot. Have you had any extra caffeine from any where lately? Just a thought. Maybe it is something you are eating or drinking.

Shannon Hope you got some much needed rest last night and that you little sweetheart is feeling better.

I looked at the IanG fish thread and got some ideas for food for my trip. You know low carb diets says you shouldn't eat smoked oysters etc., but I love them so I could take them on my trip to eat for snacks or in place of breakfast. I might get some instant plain oatmeal and those and have them for breakfast. I'm finding that a really good breakfast seems to keep me balanced on eating throughout the day.

I had a low carb breakfast this morning, but then breakfast isn't always difficult to do. I'm giving up the bacon and switching to the Jimmy Dean's turkey lowfat sausage. I thought about doing South Beach but it is low fat diet and while I lose pretty good on lowfat, I don't think it is healthy. However, I can do SBD using healthy fats. So may as well take the best of Atkins and the best of SBD and create my own way of doing it. That way I choose the lowfat products I will or can use and use the healthy fats in place of the others.

Y'all were discussing which fats to use butter or margarine etc the other day. I asked my doctor about that. He said it doesn't really matter which one I use, it how much I use. He the main thing to remember is that you are not supposed to use a whole lot of any of it.

Well, got to get busy around here. Here's to hopefully a healthy lower carb day for me. At least that is what I'm shooting for. Maybe I will be able to get into the 2teens by the time I go to see my doc and take my trip. I am keeping up with my numbers on MFP and tracking does help keep me exercising and staying within 1400 to 1500 cals a day.

Ruthie and Fatmad Miss you two.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #86  
~~

Height: 6'

It's only been a week that Ive set my mind straight and implemented being 200% serious about losing as much weight as possible as fast as possible.---HEALTHY.

Im checking my blood sugars every couple hours and particularly around when I eat, first thing on waking up, at work, at home, just before bed. I think ONE morning it was 200 and I KNEW it would be...it was a week ago tonight. I had made homemade pizza for the fiance' and we totally enjoyed it--too much so!! Outside of that specific morning...my fasting blood sugars have been anywhere from 47 to 101. ( a lil sip of ACV or a half ounce of cashews helps a LOT) The highest it's been during the day time is 121. Ive really reigned it in and hope to continue it (NOT the 47 though)

Im working diligently at keeping my calories at less than / at / or near 1200 with 8 - 12 bottles of water each day. Ive limited carbs to less than 100 in a day. I am struggling to get my protein up so I tried eating some nuts / cashews and that aint happening. I cant leave it at "just" 1 oz so I had the fiance' hide them. I wont bother to look for em, I just need em out of my site / reach.

I am finding that I have no appetite and almost literally have to make myself eat. Fortunately for me I have a fiance' that does all the cooking and clean up so I dont even have to go into the kitchen and risk snacking on something I shouldnt.

Next week I want to start incorporating some exercise, gently at first of course. Maybe toss some weights around, walk a little more at work, things like that.

Do any of you find you have trouble sleeping or are ALWAYS cold now? I dont often get much more than a couple hours of sleep at night. How I manage to work full time plus is a miracle to me but thank GOD I can. This being cold thing is so new to me as well. Ive been overheated for 4 years now ever since my apartment flooded. Apparently there was unseen mold as an aftermath even though we had the place professionally taken care of. I ended up getting an infection and landed in the hospital for a week. Now I overreact to ANY degree of heat and Im super short of breath and have UARS and SDB. I use O2 when Im home and I hafta use a BiPap with O2 bled into it at night or I cant sleep.

Sorry people, I didnt mean to ramble (which I tend to do when I have a bad headache / migraine.

I wish for all of you...much success in this wild and crazy weight loss journey. Eat healthy, move more, forgive easily, love hard
Old 05-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #87  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
It's only been a week that Ive set my mind straight and implemented being 200% serious about losing as much weight as possible as fast as possible.---HEALTHY.

Im checking my blood sugars every couple hours and particularly around when I eat, first thing on waking up, at work, at home, just before bed. I think ONE morning it was 200 and I KNEW it would be...it was a week ago tonight. I had made homemade pizza for the fiance' and we totally enjoyed it--too much so!! Outside of that specific morning...my fasting blood sugars have been anywhere from 47 to 101. ( a lil sip of ACV or a half ounce of cashews helps a LOT) The highest it's been during the day time is 121. Ive really reigned it in and hope to continue it (NOT the 47 though)

Im working diligently at keeping my calories at less than / at / or near 1200 with 8 - 12 bottles of water each day. Ive limited carbs to less than 100 in a day. I am struggling to get my protein up so I tried eating some nuts / cashews and that aint happening. I cant leave it at "just" 1 oz so I had the fiance' hide them. I wont bother to look for em, I just need em out of my site / reach.

I am finding that I have no appetite and almost literally have to make myself eat. Fortunately for me I have a fiance' that does all the cooking and clean up so I dont even have to go into the kitchen and risk snacking on something I shouldnt.

Next week I want to start incorporating some exercise, gently at first of course. Maybe toss some weights around, walk a little more at work, things like that.

Do any of you find you have trouble sleeping or are ALWAYS cold now? I dont often get much more than a couple hours of sleep at night. How I manage to work full time plus is a miracle to me but thank GOD I can. This being cold thing is so new to me as well. Ive been overheated for 4 years now ever since my apartment flooded. Apparently there was unseen mold as an aftermath even though we had the place professionally taken care of. I ended up getting an infection and landed in the hospital for a week. Now I overreact to ANY degree of heat and Im super short of breath and have UARS and SDB. I use O2 when Im home and I hafta use a BiPap with O2 bled into it at night or I cant sleep.

Sorry people, I didnt mean to ramble (which I tend to do when I have a bad headache / migraine.

I wish for all of you...much success in this wild and crazy weight loss journey. Eat healthy, move more, forgive easily, love hard
Restless I used to have trouble sleeping until I started exercising and being more active. You have a good plan and hopefully as you start adding exercise and activity to your plan you will be able to sleep better. I can't say about the cold. We moved to S.C. from FL and it took me years to get to the place I wasn't freezing especially in the winter time, I thought I would never get warm the first few yrs that we lived here. Sorry I can't help you there.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #88  

I've had a good day today. Ate less than 80 g carbs and calories are in the low 15o 00s. I guess I'm kind of eating Intuitively although I'm not really going to name it as that always ends bad for me. However, for now I'm eating what I want and eating only as much as I want and no more. Today I didn't finish my lunch and dinner was more of a snack. I read about the sardines on the fish guys thread and I had a can of sardines in olive oil that DH SIL left here when the kids moved. I liked sardines when I was a teen and ate them with my girl friends Dad, but when I moved out on my own and bought a can of them they had the heads/eyes on them. Yuck!!! I threw them away. I decided to open these that the kids left deciding if they had the heads on them I would just ditch them. Well they didn't so I ate them. Well, there may be some in the sauces that are good, but I didn't like the after taste. So I won't be buying them or eating them again. I ate a small bag of chips with them. Accomplishment... I never eat 2 bags, but decided that I wanted two so got an extra bag. However, when I got half way through the one bag, I realized that I really didn't want the 2nd bag and put it back in cabinet. Another thing that I'm noticing has changed. I eat a small amount of cashews each day, but I'm finding that I don't eat many of them any more. Just not eating as much as I used to. I just hope this continues.

I used to hear that a lot of people just don't eat much when the climate gets warmer and I really hope that is what is going on with me.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #89  
~Shannon

Sounds like you are off to a great start Restless!

Rennie this might be an option with the 20% off coupons they mail out all the time
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/stor...Fe9r7Aodx2wAXg

I got a little more sleep last night, hoping for more tonight. Olivia finally seems to be improving after dose #3 of 10 of the antibiotic. I'm still really tired so it will be another early bedtime for me. Better food choices today so hopefully that will continue tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 05-08-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 AM   #90  

I screwed up again last night. My glucose was 85 at bedtime. Being afraid of going low during the night, I ate 2 pepper strips and a Tbs of peanut butter. 147 this morning. If that little bit of food did that, what would a slice of bread do? LOL Once it gets below 100 I panic. I guess that's because I was over 200 for so long.

Rennie,
I love grapefruit but I'm not allowed to have it because I take a statin. My cardiologist said go ahead and eat it, but I don't think that's right. When I worked at the pharmacy I looked it up and it definately is a warning for statin drugs. The one place I read not to drink large quantities of grapefruit juice, such as a qt or more per day, but I asked a pharmacist and he said stay away from it totally. Occasionally I will buy one of those little cups of grapefruit sections and eat 1 or 2 sections per day. I really love it, especially pink grapefruit.

Shannon
, that looks like an interesting gadget. What veggie would you use it with? We don't go to BBB very often because it's off the beaten path for us, but really not far. Maybe 8-10 miles. Just in a direction we don't usually go.

Restless, that 47 would really scare me. I read on another board that some people get hypoglycemia with type 2. I guess I don't have that because I never go low unless my meds cause it.

Being cold all the time is a sign of underactive thyroid. There are other symptoms too, like constipation. Not trying to diagnose...just mentioning it.

Trish, I love sardines. I buy them in water and eat them with horseradish mustard. No heads! LOL They say it's healthy to eat the bones, but I won't eat them.

The caffeine could definately be the problem. I have 2 bad valves and I have been drinking a lot more coffee lately than normal. I could cut back. I think I'm supposed to be drinking decaffeinated, anyway. I never thought about it, thanks for bringing it up! Less coffee...more water!

I dug out my Atkins books to look through. I have Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and also New Atkins for a New You. All I really did was read through the foods on induction. I could do it, but I probably won't. I don't want to give up my beans or tomatoes. I don't eat a lot of tomatoes and maybe I could give them up for 2 weeks, but I'm not so sure about the beans. The biggest problem would be it would have to be a 2 week period during which DH wouldn't want lasagne or spaghetti. Otherwise, I just eat meat and veggies and prepare a starchy carb for him. I just made lasagne recently so if I'm going to try it, now would be the time.

When it says meat is free food, does that mean unlimited? I know the veggies are limited.

EDIT: Today is our wedding anniversary. 33 years of wedded bliss! We aren't doing anything special.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-09-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Closed Thread