Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #46  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

SO pleased, fbs was down to 4.9 this am. (thats 85 to you americans!)
went for a long trail walk with the dog in the warm sunshine. QUite an active weekend for me, yoga and two walks. Its been very quiet workwise. Eating well, lots of veggies for me. Hoping to see a shift down a pound by weigh in on Wednesday.
Rie: I tore cartilage and ligaments in my knee many years ago, (27 in fact!) and then had the torn cartilage removed about 13 years ago. BOth knees are a bit touchy and I don't have as much stability as I would like, but know arthritis so far. I have been quite careful with the yoga, and now can do things that were unthinkable a couple of years ago. I am grateful that my first teacher was very knowledgeable and had done a lot of study for teaching yoga to people with a variety of special needs and abilities.
Its march break for schools in our area, but work looks fairly quiet this week.
Happy Sunday everyone.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #47  
Re-losing found weight

S/C/G: 259/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,

For those that welcomed me, thank you very much. Support is so helpful while I am trying to find my way through my latest diagnosis. I've sorta lost count but I think this makes my 17th diagnosis. Grrr.

My fbs is still a mess and has ranged from 161 (a new low for me!) to 343. This morning was 201. I got in to talk to my doctor and he of course doesn't like the numbers anymore than I do so he has changed my medicine regimen to include 1,000mg metformin 2x daily AND Glyburide 2.5 mg 1 x daily.

Has anyone on here had this combo and how did it work for you? Did it control your bs or no? Were there any awful side effects, tummy issues, weight loss, or anything similar?

I will be embarking on my low-carb journey once again and hope to be able to post numbers soon. I'm so swollen though right now and it is taking virtually FOREVER for it to go away (40mg Lasix barely phases it) but when it does I see a 10lb drop on the scale and then the scale will move up and down fluctuating wildly). I am so frustrated with it.

For those who shared their experience with the need for the TKR I thank you. My right knee is pretty well shot and I am told that I am likely to be facing total replacement soon. I'm 46 and maybe considered too young to have one but I don't want to be seen as too young to have to sit out on life either. I would rather be a fun grandma to my DGS and than a sick DGS or DGGS (one of these days) who people shy away from because they don't want me to break LOL!

Anyway, that is my update for now.

Take care,
Kellye
Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #48  
Madeleine

Kelly: thanks for sharing. Sounds like T2D is only one of your health problems, and hope you find some stability in health soon.
I am up way too early after a page, and had some cereal and hope to be back to sleep in a bit. So my fbs for 5.3 may be a bit higher than it would have been after a full night. I hate changing to daylight time too, it always messes me up.
I think it should be banned, No reason for it in this day and age. (on the flip side, turning back to standard time is one of my favourite weekends of the year, and I wouldn't have that!)
Happy MOnday friends
Old 03-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #49  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

just cruising by today. not much new in my neighborhood. waiting for the sun to come up so i can go run. now that i can't use my arm. i have go back into running. using the C25K program again. see doctor next week. hope he lets me start to use it again. the one thing i don't like about day light savings. the mornings are now slower going. i like to get up and get things done. my sign to slow down a little, i guess.
have a good one.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #50  
Re-losing found weight

S/C/G: 259/241/175

Height: 5'8"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmad View Post
I hate changing to daylight time too, it always messes me up.
I think it should be banned, No reason for it in this day and age. (on the flip side, turning back to standard time is one of my favourite weekends of the year, and I wouldn't have that!)
Happy MOnday friends
My thoughts exactly! I've told anybody who would listen the same thing. LOVE falling back. HATE springing forward lol.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday!

fbs at 86 this morning. I have been in good ranges all weekend despite a lack of activity.

Mad, Yay on the good numbers! I agree that the time switch is annoying. It seems to take me a while to adjust. On the flip side, I mostly wake with the sun so I like the early mornings when it is light out.

Chipper, what happened to your arm? Are you hurt? How much do you run?

Kellye, Welcome! It sounds like you have various health struggles. I hope that we can be helpful to you. I was on a similar drug program when I was first diagnosed. After I lost about 20 pounds, I was switched to metformin and Januvia. I was getting lows with the gliperide. (into the 40's - 50's) Anyway, my bs has been blessedly stable these days. Again, welcome. This forum has been so helpful to me and I hope we can help you.

Ruth, did your water weight come off? I am still arguing with the scale but it is better.

To Everyone: have a great Monday!

Rie
Old 03-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #52  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

morning....
rie....i have had shoulder problems for years. i finally asked for a referral to see the ortho about it. i have bursitis. since i had started strength training just over a year ago, it has gotten worse. so i have to rest it so the inflammation can go away. i have to exercise it daily. no swinging, pushing, pulling, stretching the arm. he said no swinging it around in zumba. didn't say i couldn't do zumba, just no swinging. LOL. and i don't i keep it to my side. instructor said i do pretty good at it with one arm.
i do the C25K program. i run for 90 seconds, walk for 2 mins. the running gets longer as the weeks go on. by the end of 9 weeks you should be able to run 3.1 miles. the total length right now is 1.2 miles i think. need to figure it out. i am on week 2. time wise it takes 30 minutes.

have a good day ladies.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #53  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hi everyone I wanted to pop in and tell everyone I am doing good counting the days till the grands come to visit. Doing good I have been having a little problem with my skin. Been so hot here that I have a awful rash from the skin rubbing against skin.

Welcome to the newbies glad to see everyone is doing well. I better be running the baby needs her nap she is a grumppy little one today. Will check back later
Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #54  
Madeleine

well, its relatively quiet lately, are US kids on march break too?
FBS 5.7 today, I missed a dose of metformin yesterday I think. (topsy turvy with time as I had a delivery that went late into the night, and slept till 11 am.)
Made for a hungry day. Finished the week using all my points.
Am a little frustrated with the scale refusing to budge. REally really wanna be under 170 for the end of the month.
TO get there will try eat few points in a day. Will have to be creative with this. I already eat several servings of "free" fruit and veggies every day, and still am hungry at times, so not sure how to accomplish this. Will have to give up on non-fruit sweets i think. So there is the plan.

off for breakfast now friends
Old 03-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!

fbs at 83 today. I swear I posted here yesterday morning but it is not here. Perhaps I got distracted and left before I posted it.

Mad, I totally share your frustration and confusion with the scale. I am frustrated because I can't even approach my usual level of activity with my injury. My ticker is way off. The 10 pounds that I supposedly gained during a 5 day trip with my son has not really come off. I am still 7 pounds heavy. Mathematically, that doesn't seem to be possible but soon, I need to just accept it. I am wondering about "setpoints", etc? On a positive note I have been pretty much maintaining my weight for months.

Sorry all, I must get to work. Later

Rie
Old 03-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #56  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Good afternoon everyone. So I have been having a little problem and wanting to know if any of you have done this.

So I get up in the morning eat some days I don't eat a full breakfast. then by 12:30 1:00 I am feeling kinda off not dizzy but hazy and I feel nervous alot and my stomach aches some times it growls. I have went and checked my sugar and it is usually in the low 80 and I go eat something and I start to feel better. Does this sound like I am dropping too low . I have to go back to the dr soon and was wondering if it something I should make appointment early to go see them.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly50 View Post
Good afternoon everyone. So I have been having a little problem and wanting to know if any of you have done this.

So I get up in the morning eat some days I don't eat a full breakfast. then by 12:30 1:00 I am feeling kinda off not dizzy but hazy and I feel nervous alot and my stomach aches some times it growls. I have went and checked my sugar and it is usually in the low 80 and I go eat something and I start to feel better. Does this sound like I am dropping too low . I have to go back to the dr soon and was wondering if it something I should make appointment early to go see them.
I did that one time taking Metformin and called the doc's office and was told that Metformin doesn't make the blood sugar drop like that and like you it wasn't all that low. They wanted me to come in and doc checked my heart and listened to my arteries (I assume) in my neck and sent me home saying I was fine and if I had any other problems call them. They changed nothing. I've since read that grapefruit can cause that when taking metformin, but pharmacist says I should be able to eat it. I've read that Metformin can cause blood sugar to rise or cause it to go down. I also read on line that chromium picolinate (sp) taken with Metformin can cause you to have a quick drop. Maybe Mad can add some of her medical knowledge here for us. However, if it happens more than once, I would call and report it to the doc and say what they say.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thumbs up

Wish I could say that I've been MIA because of all the things going on around here and there has been a lot lately, but I haven't been around because I've been so far off a healthy eating plan I was just too ashamed to even come around. I just went wild. I'm still doing WWP+ with IE, but not doing the IF with it. I may eat a little like IF, but not going to make it part of my plan. IE is more like the old WW Core plan which many of us combined with WW Flex plan and there are those on the WW website that do a combo of WWP+ and IE so I think that is the best way for me to go. Never hurts to learn to eat ONLY when hungry and to stop eating when satisfied. I just need the WW to help me stop eating junk foods.

I am also going to introduce Metformin back into my plan. Now that it is getting warmer, I think it would be nice to save my yogurt and milk to make into a shake and drink it before I go to bed and take the Metformin then.

DSIL's Mother and his son will fly into Charlotte late Friday night. They will be here until sometime Wednesday. I've got to work to get things ready on my part. DD told me not to worry about the house as they will get things ready which I personally think they should. I only plan to do my part of everything that I need to do any way. I have my ladies meeting at church Saturday. I'm speaking again this month because the lady who usually does it is having some health issues and is too depressed to do it. Sunday is church and Monday Tony has 2 doctor's appts. One is to get results of the endoscopy that he had this past Monday.

I really figured out how this is all going to work out with 2 more people in an already crowded house or how we are even going to feed them since I've been buying food for the past 2 weeks and have no more money to spend for groceries until we get paid again and then I can't feed 10 people and DD has lost her food stamps for some reason. It is all I can do to keep soy milk for the baby (he's allergic to milk), milk and cereal for the kids. I've had to make a rule that you don't go through all the food in one day when I buy it because they seem to think they have to eat it all now. Oh well, it will work out some how.

Anyway amoung all of this, I am back OP today.

Will have to read to catch up on what is going with everyone. Bible class tonight so will read and catch on y'all later.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #59  
Madeleine

Trish: shame and guilt are only useful if you use them to get back on plan. Then let it go. Because negative thinking makes it worse. Truly too, you have been all over the map with eating plans etc. It must be hard to make a plan and stick to it with everyone eating what you buy the minute you buy it. Take it easy, and don't beat yourself up. Hope you can find a little peace in the near future.
Bonnie: although the actual number on the meter is only 80, you probably need to eat. If you only have a little breakfast and feel crummy at lunch time with a growly stomach, I think you need to eat. If you are still dizzy and having problems after eating some lunch, then your doctor probably needs to check things out.
RIe: we really need to break out of this plateau. I am still at the same place at tonight's weigh-in, which is not surprising since I have not seen my own scale budging.
My plan is to reduce certain carbs and try to stick to my points. I have been enjoying the full range of foods allowed on ww, but I think I have been over doing it, and having too many grains and treats. Will reduce this, and up the veggies. I think that the grains have been part of my hunger, and will up the fat a bit as well. Its a bit counter-intuitive, but the grains just burn fast and leave me hungry. Its all whole grains, but even so, I think it may be my problem. My sugars have still been ok, but I think they might start to get worse if I don't mend my ways. so thats the plan this week to see if it helps with breaking my plateau.

ttfn friends.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #60  
Madeleine

fbs 5.1 today, about 95 in the US.
BOnnie: another thought on your dizziness. Your meter might say 80, (which is not high) but might be quite a bit lower. Meters are only guaranteed accurate to within 20% so an 80 may be as high as 96, or as low as 64! I know I did a fasting lab sugar once that was 3.8, but my meter was 4.7, so our meters are a guide, but not absolutely right. so if you have symptoms of low blood sugar, even if the meter doesn't quite agree, assume you are a bit low and eat.

Slept right through the big thunderstorms last night, but still waking up tired. Onward with the day
Closed Thread