Old 09-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #106  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Well I sure don't want my periods back so I guess I'll just stay fat! Just kidding, chickies!

I may not have reached the 180s before my trip, but I am pleased to announce that my knees survived 4½ hours of standing on a concrete floor serving tables at a Church supper. The dinner was extremely well attended and we ran out of food! We even an out of pie which was blessing.

A very busy three days ahead of me but I do have meals all planned right up to lunch on Thursday before I hop on the plane. It feels good not to have to make those decisions when I have a ton of work to do before I leave. I'm a bit concerned about the Italian food but will do my best and eat only reasonable portions of pasta although it is my favourite.

Hope your Monday is healthy and your body is healthy.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #107  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Ruth, watch out for the airport food. I know you said you had lunch planned, but also ask for a special meal on the plane. usually no added charge and lets u pick and choose. tell them u have a wheat allergy.
and what about while waiting at the airport? these days we are there 3 hours before the flight, so be sure to pack stuff. If you don't eat it, I know you have to throw it out in the preboarding lounge, but better to be prepped.
wahoo, you will have a ball. and LOTS of walking, so its good you got your legs into shape!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #108  
In it 4 the long haul

S/C/G: 161/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Just thought I'd check in..........

Feeling kinda down today. It was 47 degrees here this morning and had sweats on. When I was getting ready to take my morning meds this morning I noticed that I had 2 Metformin to take. I only take one twice a day. I looked in my medication organizer and realized that I had 2 pills in the morning and evening box for the whole week. Now I realize that I took 2 twice a day yesterday. I wondered why my glucose was so good last night (was 81 at bedtime) and it was 88 this morning fasting. Needless to say I fixed it. Feeling down that I have not heard back on the applications I took in to the hospital. It was a week last Friday. I have not lost a pound in probably a week. Although some could be water weight as I have eaten sausage and sauerkraut for supper the last 2 nights. I just feel wore out and draggy. I have decreased my exercise from 30 min to 15 min because I am exhausted just after 15 min. Also I am probably a bit subconsciously worrying about the biopsy.

Sorry to be so whiny
Leann
want2bfit4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #109  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good morning Ladies

Leann: That's why wer'e here. Whine on.

Ruth: have a great trip.

Weather is great here and I'm going to try and go for a couple of walks today.

Soup for supper I think. Don't know what kind yet - I'll have to look through some recipes.

Have a great day.
Lindyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #110  
In it 4 the long haul

And if that was not enough.

I got a phone call from my daughter today and she told me that she got married last Friday. This is the same daughter that alittle over a week ago was ready to leave him and move back home. He asked her what he could do to make her stay and she said for him to go to counseling. He went to one individual session and they went to one couples session.

I guess it must have been some good counseling. Being as sarcastic as I can be.

She is not the same daughter I had even 1 year ago. Her morals have taken a 180 degree turn.

I feel as if I don't even have any kids and I have 3.

Probably won't even do Thanksgiving this year.
The last time I invited my oldest son to supper he never showed up.
My youngest son just quit his job 2 weeks ago because it was to stressful. He worked at Walmart.

Please keep us in your prayers.

Leann
I have done nothing but doemotional eating since I got the call today.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #111  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RUTH ~ a lot of Italians eat fish; and other lean meats like chicken sometimes too. I would bet you would find fish at any good Italian restaurant. I was told that in Italy, their pasta dishes are smaller than in NA becuz they are mostly side dishes or appetizers set out before the main meal. You will find out for sure if they are correct, but I have heard this more than once ...

LEANN ~ So sorry to hear about all your troubles with your kids; and I know that it all seems bad right now, but things will work out eventually. Hey, none of them are axe murderers or anything like that ... so PTL anyways! OK, I am being facetious with you, but I had to have a chuckle when you said that DS#3 quit his job at Wallymart becuz of too much stress ... You know, DS#3 may need a little tuff luv pretty soon ...

Listen, your DD got married; I know, not the way you hoped she would, and maybe not to WHO you hoped, but they have to learn their own lessons, hun. As for your oldest son, that was naughty of him; but if he ever wants to come for dinner again, don't do anything special for him -- just make your usual with one extra serving. If he doesn't show, you can have it for lunch the next day -- but honestly, at first, Kraft dinner & hot dogs came to my mind ... Oh, I am sooo bad! I'm trying to make you laugh, hope it worked.

I wish I had a mom to invite me to dinner; mine passed away over 17 years ago; and both of DH's parents are deceased too. When my Dad & SM were here last month, we bought a spit BBQ chicken dinner and took it to them. It was very affordable and we had a great time too.

They WILL grow up some day. Sending up some prayers for you ...

We had gorgeous for two days in a row; really beautiful today. We went out to our lot yesterday for the afternoon and brought some stuff back home. We do this in October until everything that shouldn't freeze is back here. We had a nice big ham with roasted veggies for dinner, including some baby red potatoes ... it was fab!

Hope you all have wonderful week ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #112  
Madeleine

oh Leann, you are having a few tough days. Sometimes it goes that way for a bit, then you turn a corner and things go better again. Hope the corner comes soon! I guess you aren't being bothered by the higher dosage of metformin. I forgot and took a second pill one day, and was going crazy from gas, bloating etc. I had those symptoms when I first started the met and it took about a month to get better. so I am glad I haven't had to up my dose so far.
Have one more long day of work then I get down to lower levels of work for a while. Am planning to up my fitness level during with my reduced workload. I am tired when I get home, I really need to get more fit.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #113  
Come on Spring!

Leann, big hugs to you. As Lear said, 'How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child!" I've been in that situation with my kids and it takes time but does work out.

Thanks for the food advice, Chickies. I have done a lot of plane travel and have been to Italy four other times so should be OK. I did order a diabetic meal on the flight over and have no problem avoiding airport food places. Things seem to have changed a lot lately as you can now get fruit, yogurt, veggies with dip and almonds.

BGL is good again today and weight has dropped a bit. I'm no longer fretting about it. Right now I need a brain transplant so I can speak Italian! I can read it and understand some of it but ... Maybe I'll listen to the CDs today and tomorrow and be perfect by Thursday.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #114  
Madeleine

wow ruth, quoting shakespear and practising italian, you are hot stuff. I hope you have a great trip, it sound like a lot of fun. I get to go to Edmonton in a few days for a conference, somehow, doesn't stack up to Italy.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #115  
Linda

S/C/G: 182/169/135

Height: 5' 2

Good morning

Leann, sorry about your troubles. I hope everything turns out well for your family.

Very disappointed. I made my favorite tuscan white bean soup for supper the other night and my BG spiked quite high. I guess I can't have that anymore I did have a half of a WW bun with it so maybe it was just too many carbs. I have some leftover so maybe I will try it without the bun and see what happens.

Off to do a few chores.

Have a great day.
Lindyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #116  
Madeleine

Oh LIndy, hope the bean soup is ok without the bread. Maybe some old cheddar with it. I love beans and hope to add them back as I go up the carb ladder. I have to take beano when I have beans and pea soups, or I can't digest them well tho. That is I can break down the sugars in them, so there's some sugars I don't have to worry about, anyhow.
Well, now I'm hungry, time for a late supper.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM   #117  
Come on Spring!

Yum! Tuscan bean soup. I have boarding passes printed but am not ready at all. I still have laundry to finish so I can pack. Ancora peso 191 e non parlo italiano but I'm outta here anyhow. It'll be interesting to see how the BGL behaves with Italian food and lots of walking. See y'all in a week.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:09 AM   #118  
Madeleine

we will miss you ruth. WIll have to start to October chat without you. WOw, tomorrow is OCTOBER already.
I am really happy with my bg, except the fastings. I am consistently in the mid 5's. Is is too much for me to try for non-diabetic numbers? This is with the metformin with supper, and low carbing. pre and post meal numbers are as if there is no diabetes issues. A1c is within normal at 5.7
I have lost almost 20 pounds, and keeping it off.
I think I will work towards another 20 pounds, (another year I assume) and hope for the best. maybe this is my best, and its doable.
Hard to accept that its not 100% in my own control.
I am going to have regular working hours this month, no on call time, so am planning a big fitness regime and very careful attention to diet so I can get down a few more pounds and inches before ski season. Hope to be ready for lots of cross country skiing this year.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #119  
In it 4 the long haul

Thanks for all of the support everyone has given me.

Just a quick fly by right now and to update you since my last visit.

Yesterday they posted a job position for the veterans hospital that I am want to get on at. It is for an LPN in a clinic. This is what I am and what I have done for most of my 18 years as a nurse. So got my application turned in yesterday. They told me that I needed a very detailed resume so I have worked on that with a Professional Resume Maker that I bought for the computer yesterday. I started about 2pm yesterday and I think I am done. I have proof read it about a million times and my hubby has also. Anyway I have made 2 copies. One for the job that I am applying for and another for the applicant supply file they keep for nurses. I am taking my resume in this morning.

Also had an expected death in the family. Brother in law had lung cancer and died Tuesday afternoon. So we have a visitation tonight and a funeral tomorrow. It is about an hours drive away. Have to find DH a bigger pair of pants to wear.

Anyway I am too busy and pumped up about the job possibility to be down right now. Not doing much exercise but when things settle down I will get back on track. Trying to eat like a should.

Talk to you soon
Leann
Old 09-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Will miss you Ruth. Have a great trip.

fatmad Congratulations on the 20 lbs off and for keeping them off.

Leann Hope you get the job you want. Sorry to hear about the death of your BIL.

Staying busy and also staying OP. I'm adding more carbs and counting the calories. FBG and BP is still good each morning. I gained a couple of lbs when I added the carbs, but now I'm staying at a certain weight and no bouncing around. Will see how this goes. The apple cider vinegar didn't do much for me, but I am drinking about 4 oz red wine before bedtime and it is working for me. So will treat it like a medicine... I don't like it but drink it any way.

See y'all in October chat.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote