Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #16  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Oh hugs to you all, I will catch up soon, promise !!!

Love yah and your all in my prayers.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #17  

Cathy sorry to hear about another trying time.........hugs!

Hi everyone!.........off and running!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm really kinda draggin' today. And that's not like me lately. We're going to my daughters tomorrow and the real estate is showing our house while we're gone. I have lots to do but can't get at it.
It almost feels physical but I've been through that before. Ache-y, tired almost light-headed ... too lethargic to be anxious about all that I'm not getting done.
DH will be home soon ... maybe we'll sweep together
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:16 AM   #19  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning,

FINALLY I got to read up on y'all. We are so busy at work that I just have time to skim but not sit and concentrate and do personals....stinkaroonies!

Liz !!!!!! lookie at you. I love love love your avitar, I can finally see the woman I've been talking to for years now. Your beautiful !!! Enjoy the wedding this weekend.

Cathy, I'm sorry about the fire, did they say how it started? Hang in there hon, God doens't give us what we can't handle. I know it sucks but.....
If ya want a vacation, come on up north... you can sleep in Grace's rainbow room and we can go swimming

JudoMom, good to see you. How goes the exercise? are you feeling better.

Buddly what kind of costume are you making DD? I wish I could sew, I tried and tried and just don't get it LOL.

Nickle why are you not sleeping in your bed? did i miss something (which I probably did knowing me).

Grem, I'm so sorry your home sick, it must be awful men are such different animals, I'm sorry he doesn't understand but know that we do and we're here for you. Do you know if and when you'll move back?

Trish whats happening? why ya feeling low? is TOM coming soon? I get like that too and the only thing you can really do is ride it out, but we're here for ya if ya need to talk.

Susan, I would be feeling down too if I were selling my house....to many memories here and I would be a basket case to say the least.. maybe thats whats got you down. Are you eating okay? taking vitamins? hang in there.

Well nothing much is new, just work work work. Tonight is the carnival with DD and DH and then we get to watch the fireworks that they usually have. It looks like a beautiful day for it too.

Watcha all doing today?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang!

Yesterday was a long day but we got our office moved across the street and had a company come in and wipe down everything we were keeping. My computer worked once I got it hooked up to electricity so I was thrilled about that! for some reason the mouse and keyboard was acting up but that was no big deal - it was real easy to go buy new ones ;-)

Leenie - it was a light/vent in our back men's bathroom. what a mess!

I feel like my stuff is scattered across Lake Charles right now haha can't find a thing and don't know where much is at ;-) guess I need to learn to relax and be unorganized for a little while but it is definitely not in my comfort zone.

My house is filthy and needs a major cleaning but I just do not have the energy today to tackle it so it will have to go for another week and I'll just pray that there are no more extra turmoil this week and that I can get it done next Saturday. If I had the extra money, at this point, I would hire somebody to come in and clean. oh well I still have about 6 loads of wash to do today and have got to do some picking up.

Is anybody doing anything fun? cause I sure need to hear about it?

Liz - I love your picture in your avator. Is that your youngest daughter? Y'all are both BEAUTIFUL!

hope everybody has a good day
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 11:31 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Yeah TOM is here and DH is in Washington D.C. for a week. This is the longest that we have been separated since we got married or for that matter started dating. So I am having to deal with TOM, a little bit of the flu, and hubby being gone so having to take care of DS and DD by myself. I am getting through it and feeling a little better today. I am taking the kids on a little trip tomorrow and Monday. I will be takeing the kids to Salt Lake which is about 4 hours away and where I have to pick up hubby late Monday night. So tomorrow I am taking them to a zoo (bigger one than we have around here), then we are staying at my grandma's house and then on Monday I am going to take them to a childrens museum and an air force museum. It should be fun and take me out of my funk. I am already starting to get out of my funk anyway.

Leenie and Cathy I hope things slow down for you soon.

Susan good luck with the selling of the house and getting through this.

Gremelina I am glad that you got through your finals and I hope you get to come home to the states soon.

Nickle are you on the cruise. I hope that you are enjoying it and seeing all the wonders of Alaska.

Judomom and Liz I hope that you are doing well.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #22  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cathy, my house is a wreck too... it needs deep cleaning which I never have time to do and when I do have time, I'm exhausted and don't want to clean. I'm keep saying to myself... don't worry about it, just enjoy life. Hard though lol. Hope you have a good weekend, relax, and don't worry about work.

Trish, yep TOM stinks. On top of everything we have to deal with, TOM doesn't make things easier. Have a good time with the kids and enjoy the precious moments with them. Take pictures

I feel like a nap, but doubt DD will let me LOL.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:21 AM   #23  

Hey everybody!

Hang in there!

Yes that is me about 30 lbs ago and my 8 year old who is about 3 in the pic

More later.......I just worked 16 hours in the ER and I am exhausted.......need to go to bed!

Miss you all.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Default Sorry to just barge in like this!!!

Hi everyone.
I didn't quite feel comfortable starting my own thread, so I thought I'd introduce myself here (hope ya'll don't mind).
Although I haven't been struggling with my weight my whole life, I have been struggling with depression a good part of it. Not really sure why. I never really can pinpoint it to a specific event in my life, but can anyone really? Growing up, my mom described me as a 'moody' child. I was very shy, had horrible self esteem (still do, actually). As a teenager I finally realized, along with my mom, that I might have a problem. I went to group counseling for a while, which for some reason only made me feel worse. My counselor told me he thought I had SAD (Social Anxiety Disorder) and suggested I take a firm approach and join a team at school, who's ever heard of a cheerleader with social anxiety, right? So, to please everyone, I did, and painted a pretty smile on my face and pretended I was a happy well-rounded girl. But I wasn't. I hated myself, hated the way I looked. I was pretty fit back then, about 125 lbs. but I thought I was huge. I'd crash diet until I weighed a mere 108, and still looking in the mirror was the hardest thing to do. That went on through my early 20's.
I met my husband, and instead of crash dieting, my 'closet depression' brought on a different vice, eating. Food became my cure-all. So the pounds soon started adding up. I became pregnant soon after we were married and had lost the baby, and I literally wanted to die at that point. But a giant piece of cheesecake can do wonders. So I survived, and became pregnant with my oldest son about a year later. When son #2 came around I was already at about 150lbs. And then somehow, 2 years later I became pregnant with twins. I was put on bed rest at around 14 weeks, gained about 50lbs., and delivered them 7 weeks early. They spent a month in the NICU and I was spiraling downward. I cried hysterically everyday. I'd lock myself in the bathroom and cry. I had to force myself out of bed everyday. It was the hardest thing I ever had to go through, and the icing on the cake, I was now 'FAT'. But there was that piece of cheesecake again, helping me through it.
My 'aha' moment was when I turned 30. A friend of mine decided to try South Beach, so I gave it a shot. It's working, and I'm trying to act just like anyone else who's losing weight acts. I act like I'm motivated, update everyone on how much weight I've lost, act excited. But I'm not.
Before I came into work tonight I weighed myself and the scale read 149.
I should be ecstatic. I have'nt seen that number in years. I should jump for joy that I've almost lost half of what I need to. But I'm not.
So I painted a pretty smile on my face, bragged to my husband, told everyone at work of my accomplishment. I tried to act happy. Why can't I BE happy? What on earth is wrong with me?
Well, Thanks for the open ears (or eyes, rather!) ladies and sorry I wrote a book! I look forward to being a part of this forum!

Good luck to all of you on your weight loss journeys!
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

For starters 4boys4me. I think many of us have had similar ills. My depression came on when I hit puberty. Those chemicals just went crazy. I have had one failed marriage, but am generally happy now. Now if I could just magically losse the weight....I am working on it though and this place is a great place to get support.

I am leaving soon to take the kids on trip I hope you all have a great couple of days and I will chat with you soon.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

My husband asked me about vitamins too. And ya know what? ... uh ... no I ran out. I don't even remember when. That'll be top of my to do list for this week.
He did help me with the house and then we went to DD's and worked outside. Today, I'm whipped again. In fact altho' I haven't had a real migraine in ages ... I kinda feel like that .... nausea, lethargy, light sensitive ... all that's missing is the head pain
I think I'll try a nap. We have a barbeque later today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:33 PM   #27  

Height: 5'3

Leenie & Trish-Nope..No idea when we will be moving back.. They keep playing games with us. So really it could be in a couple months or a couple years yet..We've been here two years already. So we shall see! The thing that stinks is that if we do stay here DH will be going away again for awhile (he is military).

Trish-Glad you will be seeing DH again. :-) My DH and I have been married for 2 years and during that time we have been actually together in the same country not even half of that time..lol

Welcome 4boys4me!

I'm so tired after doing schoolwork all weekend.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote