Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:58 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekly Chat - July 3rd - 9th

Good Morning,

Trish sorry your day didn't turn out well with your mom and she acted the way she did.... I never could understand adults acting like that. Hang in there

Well its monday, no work today yahoooo. I'm still nursing this blasted cold but glad to be home to be able to do it.

No plans for today except maybe the craft store for some finger paint for DD.

How bout you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm at work today but I'll be off tomorrow so just gonna do what I have to do today and hope to enjoy a day of doing NOTHING tomorrow. ;-)

We had the busiest weekened but all is well so life is good.

I hope everybody has a BLESSED DAY!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Good morning everyone. Well, I'm finally done the school year. Was not an easy one - I'm glad for the break, as things won't be resolved til Oct or Nov. I've been sleeping 9-11 hours a night since Friday night.

Started my exercise program back up on Saturday. It had been all but abandoned the past 4 months. Even took my big German Shep for a long walk last night *lol.. and pulled a hamstring!! (not sure if it was the walk, the gym, or weeding flowerbeds past few days). But it's not really really bad, and it's kind of a good hurt... reminds me why I'm doing this.

DD graduated last Monday from High School. She looked awesome. She's taking a year off to figure out what she wants to do. Thinks she's moving in with a roommate into an apt in next few weeks. *lol.. this should be good. But the experience will be fantastic for her. She still thinks there is a money tree out in the back yard and that a fairy pays the bills.

I forgot to renew my driver's license on Friday, and with gov't offices closed today (Canada Day was on Saturday) I can't do so til tomorrow. Been having to rely on hub or daughter to take me places. Never in 34 years have I forgotten to do that!! Humbling experience, not having my independence.

So... I wish all the Americans here a very happy and enjoyable Independence Day... And to everyone, a happy week!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Leenie - It will be fine. I put up with it all the time. Just gets a little frustrating at times, especially when I am doing my best to make it ok with her. We have a tenuous relationship at best. We have always clashed and has only gotten better since I moved out. Our views are very different on almost everything. She is very conservative, where I am slightly liberal, she doesn't get how to communicate very well one on one. Although she is a great public speaker. My depression is inherited down a long line of family. My maternal grandmother was crazy (the only thing I can call it, when you go for years without taking care of or admitting you have depression, lets just say I never want that to happen to me so I will always take care of it), I think her mom had it, I have some aunts with it, my mom doesn't have it to the same degree so thinks she needs no help, (but she was raised by a crazy woman so you can imagine her insecurities). Lets just say growing up was not peachy although better than my mom had it, but still...

Sorry for going off, sometimes I just get so angry at the way things are and I don't know what to do to fix. I have talked to counselor about it, he tells me what to do, but sometimes it is just to hard to deal with. Anyway...

I have a pretty full day planned. DS and DD swimming lessons, go for a walk with my sister and water aerobics tonight. I think the exersise will do me good today.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

Good Morning

Cathy, sounds like you need some R&R. Have a great day today.

Judo, good for you for starting up on an exercise program, sorry you hurt yourself though. Congrats on DD graduating HS, and your right, she will learn thre is no money tree in the back yard LOL. OMG I'd flip if I forgot to renew my license...jeepers that has to be nerve wracking LOL.

Trish, I feel bad for young girls that do not have a good relationship with their moms. So many times I hear adult women acting like your mom does and all I can do is scratch my head and go eh~ ? To tell you the truth, I didn't want a relationship w/my mom until I was in my late 20s. Before that it was "ME ME ME I WANNA HAVE FUN" and thats exactly what I did until I got married and settled down. My mom too suffers from depression and likes to use the "you'll be sorry when I'm dead" thing LOL.... it used to make me feel guilty, but now I litterely laugh at her and say yeah Mom, can't wait OY VEY!!! I've learned to let alot of what my mom says roll off my back. I love her dearly but I can't let it get me down anymore. She's the type of mom that will give her life up for her children, very caring but wacky at the same time. Hang in there and you can always say what you feel here... don't be sorry. This board is for support in more ways than just weight loss

Well I gotta get dressed and get my butt off this chair. Another day outside and in the sunshine

HAPPY4th Y'ALL !!
Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning all!

Happy 4th!

We didn't do anything for Canada day, just stayed at home. There was a family thing down at the park and of course free cake, but we didn't bother. Fireworks was cancelled due to policing and fire hazard.

Not much planned for today other than a dump run. I'm still working on our back room and trying to get ruthless with all the junk we collect or won't throw out for "just in case" Five packrats in a small place is a recipe for disaster I'm afraid!! I also have to get sewing on my daughter's costume. We cut out the pattern so now I just have to put the peices together. Well for the pants at least. The anime convention is Aug 19th in Vancouver so I don't really have much time for her to put all the silly little details she needs so I better get cracking!

Anyway I hope everyone is having a great holiday.

Take care,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hi all

I hope our neighbors south are having a great holiday weekend.. Ours was good, but I am getting tired of the heat. I want to sleep in my room again.. I miss my bed, oh well..
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #8  

Height: 5'3

Happy belated 4th of July to those who celebrate such. This marks my 2nd 4th of July in Germany not back in the States and I tell ya it just isn't the same if that makes sense? I talked to my family on Sunday and I just miss them so much. My hubby doesn't seem to understand it though no matter how much I try to explain it.
Ah well.. I feel like I am behind on my schoolwork so I suppose I ought to go back to doing it..But now I am thinking that I ought to be in school for a 2nd Bachelor's degree in something completley different instead of being in school for my Masters degree in what I already know is a dead end career field to get into... Its just sad..I don't feel like there is a single person I can talk to anymore. :-( Ok..Sorry for being down. Hope everyone is having a good day.
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #9  

good morning gang

hope everyone had a good Fourth of July! we grilled meat outside and did some things around the house. I'm back at work today and have lots of paperwork that is staring me down.

I have got to get back to walking! got to got to got to! so I've got to figure out how to get myself up again at 5 am in the mornings. Guess I need to get to bed earlier huh - either that or I need to start walking during my lunch hour. oh well ... I'll get something figured out.

how is everybody doing?
hugs,
Cathy
Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #10  

Default Before I forget........a question

......is there any rhyme or reason to the logging in process here? Is it based on how long since you last posted or what? Always wanted to ask that question.

It is over 30 degrees again today......having a heat wave.......the ER's are plugged with the sick.....esp elderly who aren't eating, drinking or staying cool.........which is affecting their med levels, underlying diseases etc.

How are you all? I have a semi day off though doing a bit of work here and there.

Family wedding next weekend 400 plus people........ugh! Insanity

Enjoying the summer routine.....I have taken 3 weeks off in august.......looking forward to that. Lots of fun stuff........life is good

Hugs everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Old 07-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Well today I am not feeling well. I went to swim my laps and do water aerobics last night. I was only able to get through about half of my laps. I think that is probably when I should have realized that I was not doing well, but you know. Today I just feel blah. It is not the blues kind of blah it is the real blah. DH is in D.C. for a week so I don't have him here to help with the kids. I will survive.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:19 AM   #13  

Default Good news - Bad news

Well the good news is that I'm gonna get a new office
the bad news is that our office had a fire in it last night *sigh*

The good news is that I got more than my fair share of exercise today
the bad news is that I have taken in enough smoke and heat that I feel like a chimney

Not a lot of fire damage - just the ceilings are burnt up, but there is smoke and water damage everywhere. Everything is covered with a THICK BLACK soot. I think my computer is ok but I won't know for sure until I get it across the street tomorrow to some electricity. Looks like most the files and paperwork are salvageable too so I'm really glad about those two things.

But I am exhausted - had a really long day today down there and another one ahead of us tomorrow. I have to be at the office at 6 am in the morning so we can get our office moved to a building across the street that we are gonna rent for a few months while our office is gutted out and remodeled. That way the guys can still use the shop and the office will still be right across the street.

Our phone companys says they can't get out until July 17 to move our phone lines so I don't have internet during the day for awhile. I'll try to check in at night when I can.

Honestly - I can't handle too many more disasters this year...or next year...or the next!

Hope everyone else is having a nice calm and peaceful week.
hugs,
Cathy
Old 07-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx

Honestly - I can't handle too many more disasters this year...or next year...or the next!

Cathy
I think you need one more than we do!!!!!
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 AM   #15  

thanks Judomom! i appreciate that!
to you too