Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  

Default THURSDAY AUGUST 26TH-twisted but fun!

Hi everyone I must be getting into the swing of things.....I am a bit more prepared to pop on here before going to work.

Hope everyone has a great day......thinking of you all!

Must run.....will check in later!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:11 AM   #2  
CIN

Hi Gals
Thanks Tippy.I do say what I want..I just control my tongue to the best of my ability! The book of James in the Bible has a whole lot to say about the tongue! Thanks for your kind words!

I am heading to help my daughter move today.she has until 8 a.m. tomorrow..............yes......evicted! Aint life grand? Well sometimes it is!

Later taters
Cin

P.S. Count your blessings despite what is going on around you!'Happiness is a choice!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Another quick hello from the pnut gallery
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

thanks for all the kind words and thought and prayers and encouragement! I honestly don't know what I would do without you guys! ya'll are the best!

WARNING - rambling may follow...

They had to call Hospice in yesterday. PawPaw may only last a few days. He is on pain pills and pain patches (which have finally kicked in). Hospice put him on oxygen and set up morphine which he will start probably today. All my guys (dh and sons) met me and we all went together after work to visit with PawPaw bec he may not be himself once he starts the morphine. We visited for a couple of hours which is a long time for all my guys. I sat with him and hugged on him and told him he has been the best PawPaw in the world (and he has). We talked about the good ole days, his gazillion hunting trips to Colorado, the squirrels that he would hand feed at his back door that would crawl up on his shoulder and the top of his head (man I miss those days), and how as a little girle he use to ride me on his cranes and draglines and construction equipment and even let me drive the stuff as I got older. We said our "I love yous" and goodbyes and gave lots of hugs My dh prayed with him and there was not a dry eye in the place when he got thru. I guess there were about 30 family members around.

Ya know my PawPaw has always thought I was special and made sure I knew that. He would always tell me that I was the "prettiest girl in the world". I knew he probably told all his granddaughters that - but I sure did like it when he said it anyway! There's just nobody like your PawPaw is there!

It's hard to see him like this! It's like he stayed well enough to help take care of MawMaw but when she died he was able to let his guard down and admit how sick he is? I don't know - but I have never seen anybody go from one extreme to the other so quickly.

He had a fairly good night. I will be going after work and staying with him this evening until my uncle gets there to spend the night. I can't wait to get there.

ok rambling is over

Liz - I hope you have a great day and get a second to take a break. HUGS

Cin - I must be living in the Twilight Zone because I don't know anyone who controls their tongue as well as you - like I said - I don't understand some people sometimes - but I think I always understand you - that is very EASY! and Cin...I am so very sorry about your daughters problems. I hope that everything works out quickly! will she be moving in with you for awhile? I know that your daughter is grateful for a mom like you that is always there for her and for all your help! HUGS

Tippy - I am so sorry about your dear friend. how old is she? and how is your dh's leg this morning? nope no dh at my house that listens to me either. HUGS

Judomom - how are you and your family doing? how are things going with your son? HUGS

Well I've got to get back to work gang.

Let's make the best of this day.

great big hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 08-26-2004 at 11:26 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 12:58 PM   #5  

My friend died late Tuesday night. She's at peace.

Now, I have to make a cake and that Lutheran jello that everyone makes jokes about as the funeral is tomorrow. (For those who don't know..it seems that jello is manditory at all Lutheran funerals and many a joke has been made of that! )

DH's leg is not infected but still painful and, as you all know, when a man is in pain, the whole world has to know it.

I'm kind of quiet today - not much to say. Kinda sad and tomorrow will not be a good day. I hate good byes.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone

Just dropping in to say hello......my sister & her DH are here until a week from today.....yesterday they said they wanted to go home.....they were homesick.....I called the airline.....it would cost over $600 to do that.....I bought their ticket......I can't afford it....neither can they.....so they will be here for another week.
When I go away.....I get homesick also.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Ladies!

I thought I posted this yesterday, but it looks like I forgot to copy and paste LOL! I guess that’s what I get for writing out my posts in another program rather than in the actual webpage first. So I’m gonna post what I was gonna post yesterday and then draw a line for today’s post… does that make sense? Sorry….

Cathy – yes! Definitely getting a lot of work done in theback yard. The scary thing is, we’ve been doing the same stuff to the back yard for 2 years. Then we loose motivation and it grows back into a weed jungle. Course the first year, we were tackling the front AND backyard. After we laid 1000 sqft of sod in one day, we decided no more for the summer LOL. Last summer, I dunno what our excuse was hehehe. I’m determined not to let that happen this year. Another sad note… we did so much yesterday that we filled the trash bin. Our garbage days are Tuesday Morning. Now we have to wait a whole week to dump this trash bin so we have something to put the weeds in LOL. I told James, lets just start piling up in the wheel barrel and dumping it in a far corner where we can store it til next trash day. I dunno if that’s a good idea… but I think in one way, it will keep us going. Cause if we stop now to wait for trash day, I have a feeling we won’t start again LOL! I’m tempted to go ask the neighbors to borrow their trash bins <G>

I just read further down.. Cathy I’m sorry to hear about your grandfather. ** big hugz **

Kempy – Hi there! Welcome back… I can understand at least half your battle with school. WHEW! I start back up Sept 23rd. but I understand the stress and hectic life you’ve been experiencing with it, specially those last few days and all those exams.

_______ Today’s Post Below

Liz – Maybe your body is finally adjusting to the new hours. I’m trying to get my body to do the same. Works starts back up next week… no more late nights staying up and just surfing the web heheheheh

Cathy – There may not have been a dry eye with you, but I know for sure there is not a dry eye here. Makes me think of my grandmother. It’s hard to loose someone It’s even harder to loose someone when you now their time is limited…because then you start to think about all the what ifs and what still needs to be done. When I lost my grandmother I had nightmares for two years. I was 17. My dreams consisted of the same thing over and over, but it always seemed to haunt me. My grandmother would show up as a young woman, and there was fog all around and she was holding someones hand off to the side who I could not see because they faded off into the fog. She didn’t speak English, even in real life. So she was speaking to me in Thai. Saying how much she loved me, how much she would miss me. Then this person on the side would talk to her and she would start to scream no and try to get their grip off her hand, then she would reach out for me and start screaming my name and asking me not to let her go… Sigh… whew! I haven’t thought about that in a long time. I’m teary eyed and have goosebumps just thinking about it. My mom is Buddhist and she said it was a good thing that in my dreams I did not go with her. It would mean that I would become deathly sick and a few other strange things. I used to have that dream almost 4 times a week. I still have it, but like once in a blue moon. She passed away in 1995 on my sisters birthday 

….okie I’m sorry now I’m rambling…just know that you are loved here and have good friends and we’re here to support you and some of us, I am sure, know how you are feeling and what you are going through.

Tippy – James was sunburned when we went to soak city a few weeks ago, and believe me, he let me know it LOL so I know what you mean. He walked around like a mummy afraid to move cause everytime his clothing rubbed him it hurt. Gotta love men tho, so big and tough on the outside, yet so tender and loving on the inside.

Well ladies… today I did something stupid. I stood on a folding chair to reach some pots that James put up on top of the kitchen cabinets. Well… I went SPLAT on the kitchen floor. I hurt my wrist. I don’t think it’s broken, just a bit stiff and hurts to bend it. Course it doesn’t hurt enough to be writing you all this novel We did yard work yesterday, trash can is full. There’s no way I’ll be able to do anything today in the yard because of my wrist. Maybe it will stop hurting as the day goes on. It’s not that bad.

As I mentioned to Tippy about Soak City. We’re going again We’re going this Saturday with my sister and Brit’s friends. A big group. I planon applying sun block to everyone every hour. I should go out and buy a gallon jug hehehe… Well, I’m just gonna take it easy today and let my wrist rest. At least it’s my left wrist heheh and not my right since I’m a righty and I bowl with my right hand.

As for my diet, I'm still lingering around 348-352lbs it's been a see-saw. I haven't been doing very well with eating, but enough to keep me in the same spot. I've been running around and doing things and I would loose my head if it weren't attach, so I am having a bit of a hard time keeping myself in the right place hehehe... All should go well once I go back to work and school!

You ladies take care… I’m gonna stop writing before I use up all the space!

Last edited by SueMarie301; 08-26-2004 at 02:00 PM.
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:55 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Holy cow... I just looked at my post. Boy I talk to much!
Old 08-26-2004, 11:48 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Heheheh did I scare everyone away?
Old 08-27-2004, 08:48 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Ya know my PawPaw has always thought I was special and made sure I knew that. He would always tell me that I was the "prettiest girl in the world". I knew he probably told all his granddaughters that - but I sure did like it when he said it anyway! There's just nobody like your PawPaw is there!
He obviously told the truth

It always was strange to me that when one partner passes the one left behind seems to follow quickly. Its like their bodies / hearts just know where they belong. But its wonderful to know where they will be, isn't it. God Is Good !!

Tippy sorry to hear about your friend, sheesh. Give "R" a big hug for me.

SueMarie, keep hanging in there w/the good eating, you can do it kiddo. Just remind yourself that your not going to go backwards and do the best you can. Persistance wins, not perfection.

JudoMom, whats happening ?? where ya been.

Liz, lady, all ready for school ?? how have you been feeling (depression wise).

KEM !!!!!!! well dang !!! good to see you girl. We miss you. Love the email jokes

April, good to hear from you too. I would get homesick too. Hang in there. When are you going home ?

Cin YOU have a big mouth lol, nah, really ? nooo not you... no kidding I can't imagine it lol.

Where's the rest of the girls ???????

MIA's WE MISS YOU
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004, 07:53 PM   #11  

Hi

Leens no depression at the moment....too busy working monday to friday straight days........school starts on Wed.......I will have some tears I am sure.....I will keep you informed re:mood....work has gone so great and I got so much positive affirmation.

Hang in there everyone I have to run!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote