Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-11-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  

Question Depression and overeating..

Hello there. I am new to the group. I am a stay at home mom to 3 great kids. I have lost 30 pounds and now weigh 171 pounds. I have fallen into a depression and seem to have an emotional dependance on food. Help advice?
Have a blessed day!
Stephaine
shortnsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:33 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Stephanie, and welcome !

Congratulations on the 30 lbs lost, wtg !! Gee I don't know where to begin w/asking you questions, but I'll try. Have you always been depressed or is this something that just happened recently and if so, is there something that has triggered it? I too have a dependancy on food, more like addicted.

If your looking for ideas on how to keep you away from food, well there's alot, go to bed early, read a book, do a craft, crochet, don't keep trigger foods in the house, keep heathy snacks so if you do go to something it won't be so bad.

Hope this helps a little, please tell us more and maybe we can help.

Last question, have you spoken to a doctor?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote