Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 03:08 AM   #1  

Post New to 3FC

Hi. I'm fairly new to 3FC and I've been visiting a couple of the groups but haven't found a nest here, yet.
I'm 47, married for 28 years, six kids (25 boy,22girl,19 boy,16 girl,15boy,10boy). We moved a couple of months ago and I'm still adjusting. Haven't found a new job yet (previously worked as a health unit coordinator) so we're also broke . I don't know what else to tell you... I love to read (mystery's, romances, non-fiction), quilt, and, well... eat. I'm not on a diet right now because I can't figure out how to stay on one without waking up the beast.
I've been taking Prozac for almost two years. Prior to that I'd been having panic attacks and I was crying ALL of the time. My youngest son takes Paxil and he's gaining weight, but I haven't noticed that kind of side effect from Prozac.
Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I'm here
Skjolden
Old 02-10-2004, 07:11 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Skjolden,

WOW 6 kids, God Bless you !! I only have one, can't imagine more than that lol, although I am the younget of 7 lol.

My mother is 75 years young and she just recently (6 years) has been taking Prozac, she has lost weight with it. I think depression does run in families because (4 girls and 3 boys) speaking for us girls, we all seem to have it. I have seasonal depression and my two of my sisters are on Prozac and Paxil. I didn't realize it until this year how much my diet has played a roll in my depression. I started Atkins last july and this has been the best year I have had w/depression, I haven't had to take any meds and I would say 2 weeks out of the winter season, since october, I can say I was really depressed. I am just so amazed at how eating carbs has such an effect on me.

Our bio's are on the top of this board so you can read up on most of us. What we usually do is chat on the daily thread (the thread titled w/today's date). Come meet the girls, they are so nice and willing to help. Its a small group so I feel we don't get lost in the shuffle if you know what I mean.

Hope to see you there

Hugs, Leenie
Closed Thread