Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-25-2016, 04:49 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Hi f2fgirl! Welcome to the forum Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time just now. This forum is a great place to vent if you need it. We don't mind at all. I really hope your weekend is going a little better than usual... Do you work during the week and have time off at the weekend?
Yes, so I'm less busy and then my thoughts seem to overwhelm me. I try to keep busy during the weekend, but my depression usually ends up getting the better of me.

I try to push on. Keep my mind focused on my goals, but I can't control everything. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by fat2fitgirl; 06-25-2016 at 04:50 AM.
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:18 AM   #47  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all

first to JesikaBeth and f2fgirl! it's always nice to meet new people and there is strength in numbers here I hope you both find this place as helpful and loving as I do. When I'm feeling like I have no real friends I think, 'at least the chicks at 3FC like me '

JekikaBeth congrats hugs congrats on being in remission!! sorry for the other ailments though, that must make trying to eat right such a challenge.

f2fgirl WOW congrats on your weight loss so far!! hope you can find a way to keep on!! because it seems like you are doing just that.

Kathleen, oh what crushing disappointment you must have felt when you saw you son walking in from the hospital let's hope his therapist can guide him back. Hang in there!! your faith is so strong it is admirable. How is your daughter doing?? is there resentment because of so much attention focused on her brother?

Coop, I am so sorry that Other Half's dad is not doing well at all. We had a friend that received experimental treatment and he responded so well, you just never know. When you say he wants to be home, is it with you? or his own home? does he need constant care? I am sending you and OH virtual strength And I had erroneously thought you were in England, thanks for the geographical confirmation I am an American dummy though and don't know what kind of political happenings are going on with your country though. I would be interested in hearing, though!

HI to everyone else please say "hey" if you have the time and feel up to it I know sometimes you just don't feel like it.

I've been accomplishing a workout about every other day for a week now, that's huge for me. I do know it helps me get through my day with strength A young girl at work did comment to me that she thought I had plenty of upper body strength. at first I thought it was a great compliment then my ever present self doubt kicked in and I thought 'does that mean I look huge and fat to her I am a head case.

Loving my flowers and my lawn and my motorcycle and summer. Had one very hot day but for the most part its typical Vermont summer which is high in the very low 70's and low 50's at night.

Am feeling a little sorry for myself, that all my husband and I do is work, come home, repeat. He is on the afternoon to night schedule. And I'm not the type to go do something by myself. I do love to come home and just do stuff here,, but its the FB posts of everyone having fun or going on a road trip that gets me jealous. Bad me I should just stay the he// off of FB then I think.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello, and welcome to the new members.

I have been sailing up and down the New England coast. Although I have been reading along, I only had my smart phone, and since I had never used it to sign in, I had no idea of my password! My password has been on my desktop, laptop and Chrome book since I joined, but I never thought to put it on the phone! I do have it stored in an address book I use for all my passwords.

Kathleen, I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope the fact that your son left the out-patient program makes them decide it is time for an in-patient one. Your family has had a tough year or so, and your strength has been amazing to me.

Holly, I think I would enjoy Vermont summers; I love the Cape because it is not as hot as everywhere else in the area in the summer, and it does not seem to be as cold and snowy MOST winters. I would assume your co-worker was complimenting your strength by her comment.

I am not on FB - I do not care what anyone else is doing, quite frankly. Occasionally my sister will show me something, and I am amazed at the foolishness people post. Do they really think others care what their dinner looked like? They seem to have way too much time on their hands.

Lisa, how are you doing? Is the PT helping?

Well, I won't even get near my scale; I am afraid I will toss it out the window assuming it must be defective.

Have a wonderful weekend. I need to catch up on laundry, housework, groceries - - and think about how I am going to attack this weight.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #49  

f2fgirl- I am the same
It can be hard, the way I distract myself is usually to go spend money, which is bad! We'll figure something out to help, and let each other know

Holly - of course we like you do you know the best thing about being female is that you can have great muscle strength and not have any muscle bulk? Im' sure your colleague meant it that way round!

OH's dad wants to be in his own home, he isn't with us. He can manage alone, but needs help with housework (too exhausting). OH is through there every weekend just now, Friday to Sunday night.

I won't go too much into our politics, I just thought it was worldwide news! The UK voted to leave the European Union, and the global stock markets lost $120bn in about 2 hours as a result. Our prime minister quit too. It's a bit nerve-racking, we'll probably enter another recession, and the companies OH and I work for are EU companies, so potential for job losses too...

Monica - good to hear from you! We're you literally sailing? That would have been amazing!

Last edited by Coop27; 06-25-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:27 PM   #50  
full of thanks

Welcome new posters!!!!!

Hi old posters. lol

I have been sitting and thinking this morning. Jennifer has her own life now, what is really keeping me in Ohio? My mother is gone, Jennifer will be moving out soon and she has a partner. They've been together for 2 years. I'm not close with my siblings. I guess what I am leading to is, I miss Washington State, I used to live there years ago. I would love to move back. I really miss it. I'm not going to rush this huge decision, don't worry. After we sell mom's house, I should get a little bit of money. If I would sell my house, I might get a little money from it. It just occurred to me this morning, what is really keeping me here? I would miss Jennifer like crazy but you have no idea how happy I would be moving back. I know many of you are shocked that I would leave Jennifer. Now that she is grown, I feel like I need to live my own life.

Have a wonderful Saturday and my next post, I'll try to do personals.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #51  
full of thanks

Is anyone out there today? Miss your posts.

I also wanted to say about my moving, not only is my mom gone but my dad is too. Jennifer is the only thing keeping me in Ohio. She would be the only thing that makes me hesitate about moving. I know you all have noticed my posts, that most of the time, I'm not happy. I really do miss Washington, part of me wishes I had not moved back but I would have missed being with my mom and dad over these past years.

I am thinking I'd like to rent if I move back. I actually miss living in an apartment. I might rent a house too, depends on cost and what I want to do when the time comes.

Ill be honest with you. I've not posted much about my sexuality on here. I have dated men and women both. My last serious relationship was with a wonderful girl that I have never gotten over, that was actually when I lived in Kennewick, WA. Here in Ohio, I don't feel like I can be myself because of my family being in the area. It is such a small community that I live in now. When I moved years ago, I was able to be myself, date who I wanted to without my family watching me. Anyway.....

I know I'm babbling, I'm sorry.

Is anyone out there??? Come post.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:46 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 324/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the welcome, everyone

VermontMom - Yeah, Facebook pictures depress me too actually. But the funny thing that I learned, is that it may not be all it's cracked up to be. My friend that always posts photos of the parties that her family has finally invited me to one, and I was bored as ****. They definitely make the photos look more fun than it actually was. And someone that may seem to have the perfect life and having a lot of fun - it may not really be the case at all. Photos are so deceiving. So just do what makes YOU happy. If you want to do something you should go do it and have your own fun...

Lisaluvshearts - You might look back one day and wonder why you just didn't do exactly what you wanted to do, regardless of your family. You shouldn't let that stop you.
fat2fitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:28 PM   #53  

wow Lisa, what a huge decision!!! It sounds big and scary, but I don't really see what you have to lose... You're between jobs, and as you say, you don't have any major ties. It will be a big decision, so of course, don't rush your decision. At the end of the day, you can always move back though if things don't work out, but you don't want to always wonder if you should have gone for it.

f2fgirl - I agree with you on facebook photos. When I was a student, I went to a friend's house party. I went with a group of about 8 of us who were looking forward to a fun night, and there was another group there who (without wanting to sound mean) we thought were being really boring. They didn't want to do anything - no music, spent the whole night sat in one corner of the room, only talking to their own group of friends. Any time we tried to engage with them, we felt a bit like we got the cold shoulder. They left the room once, briefly, and came back to sit and not engage again, and I swear, they didn't do anything the whole night! The next day, FB was full of photos they had taken the night before - in the 5 minutes they had been out the room, they took about 30 photos of themselves sledging down the stairs, hanging out the windows, downing whole glasses of beer... It looked like it had been a really wild party. After that, I learned to take FB photos with a serious grain of salt.

I once read that people actually lie to their work colleagues about what they got up to at the weekend in order to make themselves sound more interesting. In reality, people go home, have a beer in front of the TV on Friday, go out for a walk on Saturday, and spend Sunday catching up on washing and housework. As far as their work colleagues are concerned, they had a wild night of drinking on Friday, went out again on Saturday, and spent Sunday catching up on sleep...
Old 06-27-2016, 10:35 AM   #54  
full of thanks

Hey ladies,

I hope you all are well. I had an appt with my mental health practitioner today, she's the one who prescribes my meds. They weighted me, I've lost 6 pounds.

fat2fitgirl. A huge welcome to you. We are so glad to have you here!!! Yes, I think you are right, I don't want to look back and regret not going back when it's really what I want to do. I love my daughter with all my heart and if I could take her with me I would. She is moving into her own place soon, she also has a partner of 2 years and has a good job. If at anytime in the future she would want to come to me, i would move her without a 2nd thought. My family probably won't like my plan either but we really aren't that close. They won't stop me either.

Once again, welcome, to the thread.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #55  
full of thanks

Coop, yeah it's a little scary but surprisingly not that much. I know it's what I want. The only thing left is telling Jennifer and I've decided not to tell her right now. I want to wait until mom's estate is distributed and see how much money I get. If I have things planned out when I tell her, she might and I emphasize might not be so mad.

Sorry I have talked about this so much. I'm just trying to get it straight in my head.

Have a great Monday, everyone.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:21 PM   #56  

Lisa, it's good that you're going on though, it shows you're really thinking about it! Hope all goes well with settling your mom's estate.

Unfortunately I had a car accident today. Someone did a u-turn across my lane of traffic, and unfortunately my car is likely to be written off (only because it's so old). I'm ok just now, no big injuries, just a bit stiff. I'll feel it tomorrow if I'm not careful. Thankfully I've been saving for a new car and wasn't too far off my savings goal. I'm sad to have my hand forced though, I was looking forward to taking my time and finding the right car. I don't want to have to settle for something.

It's a hassle I could do without just now - would really like my OH to come test drive cars with me, but I suppose I should have more confidence in myself. I just worry car dealers see a female and think I'll be an easy target :S
Old 06-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #57  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Welcome!

fat2fitgirl: to our group of wonderful ladies! So happy you posted. From your stats, it sure looks like you have been VERY successful with weight loss so far. A huge CONGRATULATIONS for that! It sounds like boredom might be causing you to fall off the wagon on weekends. But just identifying that is part of the solution because now you can plan some simple but fun things to keep yourself occupied on the weekends to avoid overeating or whatever is getting you into trouble. I wish you the best of luck as you continue on in your weight loss journey! Hope to keep hearing from you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #58  
I can do it!!!

Exclamation Coop

Coop: First and foremost, I am SO relieved and happy to hear that you are okay after your car accident today!!! I hope your stiffness doesn't persist. Good luck searching for a new car. I am the same way about wanting my hubby present so that the salesmen do not try to take advantage of "little ol' me!" Try to enjoy the process and be patient until you find the right car for your needs. Big decision, I know!

Thank you for sharing a bit about your political situation there. I did hear over the weekend that the UK is leaving the European Union. I didn't know that your prime minister quit as well. Sounds like a lot of upheaval there. It is interesting to hear about it from your point of view. I hope your jobs are secure under the circumstances.

Also, sending prayers for your OH's dad. Sounds like things are pretty serious, but I sure hope he gets a chance to at least visit his own home for awhile. I'm sure that would be a great comfort to him. How old is he?

You have been a great asset to this group, especially keeping things going lately. Thank you so much for that!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #59  
I can do it!!!

Talking Lisa

Lisa: Oh my gosh, I have to tell you that this is the most energized you have sounded in a long time... as you talk about moving back to Washington State. Not to tell you what to do, but I say GO FOR IT!!! You only live once, so do your best to live this one life with no regrets!!! (Now if I could only practice what I preach...) Obviously, this is a huge decision, but it sounds like you REALLY want to do it. As someone else said, since you are between jobs and don't have strong family ties here and Jennifer has her own life now, it would be the perfect time to do it. I am just so happy to hear that you are allowing yourself to DREAM again and really considering all of the possibilities for your life. You are very brave to be open with us about your sexuality. It sounds like that situation would be easier, too... away from your family. All signs are pointing to Washington State! (No pressure... wink! wink!... ) On a more serious note, best of luck with sorting out your mother's estate. That can be a sensitive situation, I know. Still keeping you in my prayers.

Now for a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on losing 6 pounds!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #60  
I can do it!!!

Smile EasySpirit

EasySpirit: Wow! Sailing up and down the New England coast sounds wonderful! I hope your weather has been great! Please share some about your adventures when you get a chance! Thank you for your kind words about my son and about my strength. We had another bizarre incident with my son over the weekend while my husband was away for a few nights at our lake house with his buddies. It happened in the middle of the night and I insisted on taking him to the psychiatric hospital to go inpatient. He agreed that he needed to check himself in. Well, after the 3rd assessment they've done on him recently, they STILL say he "doesn't meet their criteria" for inpatient status. I had to take him back to the extended stay hotel (we had checked him out when we thought he was going inpatient last time) since it is no longer safe to have him live in our house right now. He has had poor attendance at the partial hospitalization program for various reasons. He just is NOT putting his own mental health above all else right now. He wants to "help" these random "friends" who he meets online and, tonight, I am texting with him and trying to convince him to invest in himself right now as a priority. He really wants to attend Otterbein University in the fall and live on campus. He wants to major in Psychology and then go on to med school and get his PhD in Psychiatry. I know he can do it if he puts his mind to it, but he has to get serious about helping HIMSELF first. How can I get this through his thick, rebellious skull?!? It is SO incredibly frustrating and sad to see him floundering right now when he had/has so much going for him. We are proceeding with his registration at Otterbein, but I honestly have my doubts about whether or not he is capable of this challenge in his current state. Praying for guidance daily and TRYING to take ONE day at a time!