Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #16  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
Holly: Holy cow! I am so very impressed with your porch clean-up job!!! The photos show such incredible progress. Good for you!!! Wish I could clear my clutter so effectively. I'm gonna channel my "inner Holly" as I aim to tackle my own hot spots!
Thanks! and heehee at channeling your 'inner Holly' - unfortunately that means 'waiting til you almost blow a gasket then have a throwing-out frenzy'

I hope things with your family are manageable Kathleen
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:42 PM   #17  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Dear Holly,

Your porch looks great. That must have been a ton of work. I bet your are proud of it now, though.

I am going to make myself post. I know you all are doing really good posting but I can't leave it to you to do all the work on the thread. I would miss it if we all stopped posting. Even if I only post small stuff, I'll keep coming back.

Working as a Home Health Aide will be hard but it's not as physical as the Hallmark job. It is important for me to get back to work, maybe, it will pull me out of the funk I'm in. I will probably have to get some new scrubs, the old ones have seen better days, plus they are a bit tight on me.

Much love to you, Holly.
Thank you Lisa!! we were thinking of you yesterday, about your interview. *Hope* it went well
Old 05-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #18  
Biker Chick!

...and hello to Coop, purplecow and EasySpirit

as you can see from above I am afraid of losing long posts so am not tempting Fate and doing shorties

We had so many sunny days in a row and now, we haven't seen the sun since, oh man, last week?? day after day of thick clouds, some rain some days. And some of those days were just raw, low 40's. But today it is at least in the mid 50's even with thick cloud cover, so I did spend some time digging up crowded clumps of daylilies, prying them apart, and planting them in bare spots.

I STILL have time off, woohoo I did a 4 hour stint for the rotten winter boss yesterday, and I must be feeling some tranquility because I didn't mention the $2 bonus to him or my co-workers I think my day to go back to the good summer job is next TUesday, the 10th.

Been doing some kind of 30 minute workout each morning, mostly cardio drills which I hate, I would rather be on the floor doing ab work or even using 9# dumbbells, than running in place or doing jumping jacks but I am forcing myself. However modifying greatly to save my knees.

hope all have a happy-ish day
Old 05-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #19  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Thank you Lisa!! we were thinking of you yesterday, about your interview. *Hope* it went well

Holly, My interview got changed to next Tuesday. I still needs to get my paperwork together for the interview so that helps.

I have had a **** day today. I lost my only car key. I turned my car and living room inside and out looking for it. Behind the couch I found my original car key, I am so thankful. Now I still need to find the key I lost this morning. At least my car is getting cleaner but I am still stressed. Once I get myself all worked up, it's hard to calm down.

Much love to you all and Rin, welcome to the thread.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #20  

Hi All,

Rin - good luck with your debts! It's a great feeling when you get everything paid off!

Holly - amazing job on the clear out! You'll hardly need the workouts after that, but i'm impressed you've been keeping up with them.

Lisa, I hope the interview goes well next week now. I'm sorry to hear your car key had you so stressed, it's horrible trying to come down after a frantic search like that.

I'm in a strange mood at the moment, it's like I'm up and down at the same time. Work has been stressful, personal life has been stressful, my tooth still aches, but at the same time I feel quite upbeat. I wonder if my medicatio is doing funny stuff to my mood...
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:33 AM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I'm in a strange mood at the moment, it's like I'm up and down at the same time. Work has been stressful, personal life has been stressful, my tooth still aches, but at the same time I feel quite upbeat. I wonder if my medicatio is doing funny stuff to my mood...
That is odd, but good to hear you feel upbeat! but sorry about the stresses and oh gosh, tooth pain is a bad one

Lisa, gosh isn't it frustrating when you lose something so important! at least you found the original..

Yesterday we FINALLY had sun and warmth! got up to 70 spent almost all day outside playing around in the dirt. Dug up, divided, and replanted a peony that really needed it, I hope I didn't kill it supposed to wait til September but I never remember then.

Today we're going to our older son's house for a small housewarming party, just him, our younger son, husband and I, and my sister ..I'll let you know how I survive her I WANT to be friends with her but its hard.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

Holly, your porch has inspired me to tackle my garage; one side is fine, the other a nightmare.

Kathleen, hope things are going well for you. You are in my prayers.

Lisa, any news on the new job?

Congratulations to those doing well. I fell off my sugar-free wagon, or I should say JUMPED, yesterday in a big way with chocolate zucchini tea bread, which lead to ice cream. I can only last so long without a sugar binge. My weight is about 157, up 10 from the Fall, and it was even higher a month or so ago. It is so discouraging, but I am back on the South Beach type diet today...no wheat, no potato, no sugar, no fruit for five days. UGH!

Greetings to everyone. Take care.

Monica aks EasySpirit

Last edited by EasySpirit; 05-09-2016 at 06:58 AM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:02 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/182/150

Height: 5'4"

Well I just lost a long post.... Will try shorter ones.

Holly - we all need an "inner Holly" or the ability to rent you out!

Lisa - and prayers for you!

Kathleen - Sorry about your son and I hope he finds support he needs
purplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/182/150

Holly asked about my "secret". I don't know why I've been so successful this time when other times I've failed. I'm down 30 lbs and still going on the Ideal Protein diet. Its very restrictive, but I just keep on because the results inspire me. I also have a good friend who i had to move away and leave who has lost 125 on weight watchers. I'm so proud of her and was inspired as well.

My daughter and I went to an outlet mall and i was weeping for joy in the dressing room at Ann Taylor. Most of all because i'm finally out of the plus sizes and also because i loved the blouse for $10!

I have been weepy lately, not sure what that's about. Kind of that "pregnant cry at everything" weepy feeling. Maybe i'm just emotional.

Stay strong everyone (find your inner Holly!)
purplecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #25  
Biker Chick!

Hello friends! Oh gosh now I feel you have elevated me to where I am not really if you could see how lazy and unmotivated I am sometimes..but if my crazy-dervish-cleanups inspired anyone, then that is pretty great I have to say, that being able to take stuff to a local (10 miles away) place is the only way I can afford it, useable household stuff (even if dusty and dirty) is free; hardcover books are .50 for a box, paperback books are free, recycling (cardboard boxes) free, scrap metal (broken fans?? why does my family COLLECT broken fans, lol) free.

Hi Purplecow, I do like that cute poem and wow congrats on your smaller-size blouse steal! Hi EasySpirit, best wishes on keeping the Sugar Monster at bay. And HI to everyone else

I am struggling (always) with deciding when to eat, what to eat, what NOT to eat that is available. I try not to eat just because, let's say, my husband is leaving for work soon and he prepared a meal, enough for both of us; but if I'm not hungry then I shouldn't eat. But then the delicious looking food is right there, and I have it anyway. And then I tell myself that shee-it, I'm 55 and I am just as worried about my appearance as I was when I was 20, when does it stop?

I am *trying* to focus on the health aspect instead; yeah I have tree trunk legs but they get me where I need to be, carry me around when I am doing that crazy clean up. I do a workout not because I am striving to look *hot*, it is so I can work a full day on my feet, then come home and mow and weedwhack.

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-09-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:29 PM   #26  
full of thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow View Post
Well I just lost a long post.... Will try shorter ones.

Holly - we all need an "inner Holly" or the ability to rent you out!

Lisa - and prayers for you!

Kathleen - Sorry about your son and I hope he finds support he needs
Hi purplecow,

Try writing your post on Microsoft Word first and then copy & paste it on our thread. That way you have a copy of it incase you lose your post again.

Thank you for the hugs, I need all I can get.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #27  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Question Lisa

Lisa: Did you have your interview today? I am thinking about you and wondering how things went. Please let us know when you can. I am sending a BIG hug since you need all you can get. Hope you are being patient with yourself as you continue the grieving process.

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #28  
I can do it!!!

Smile Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Slowly but surely getting back on track. I'm doing basic calorie counting now and am using myfitnesspal. Not currently exercising but trying to add that in soon. Still working on my anxiety and this job is still stressing me out but I can only do what I can do. Focusing on things I can control and continuing to pay off my car and slowly losing weight. I'm finally back down to 228 now.
Rin: It is so good to hear from you again! Thanks for checking in! Good luck with your calorie counting and MyFitnessPal! We are all cheering you on! Sorry to hear that your job is stressing you out. But happy to hear that you have a good attitude about focusing on the things you CAN control. I am constantly working on that!!! Congrats on the weight loss! Slow and steady is the way to go!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:52 PM   #29  
I can do it!!!

Smile Holly

Holly: So did you start back to work at your summer job today? And, if so, how did it go? I am so much more relieved for you (as I'm sure you are too) when you are back to work at your much more pleasant summer job. Plus, with the weather warming up, you should be able to get back out on your bike, which I know brings you joy! You continue to amaze me with your daily workouts. I so need to get consistent again with exercise. For some reason, I just keep putting it off lately... and then it gets too late to do it. No excuse, I know! I need to get my @$$ in gear!!! I, too, am trying to get back to eating ONLY when I'm physically hungry... and stopping when satisfied (and not stuffed). That is how I lost weight last year when I was doing that coaching program for emotional eating. If you can get in a flow and stay in tune with your body's cues, it isn't all that hard. You don't have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods... as long as you ONLY eat when physically hungry (at least 80-90% of the time; progress and NOT perfection) and STOP when satisfied. For me, it is SO much more doable than the diet mentality of restriction and deprivation. Some days are better than others. I guess it just depends how much I've been sprinkled with each day!
Old 05-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #30  
I can do it!!!

Smile Coop

Coop: Glad to hear that you are feeling upbeat, despite the stress in your work and personal life. And, darn, I hope that dreadful toothache goes away soon. Do you have any follow-up appointments with your dentist? Hope all is well with you by the time you read this!