Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 08:38 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Wednesday, March 5th

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the no show lately, this cold has really taken its toll. If I'm not dizzy, I'm ready to barf. Haven't felt like doing much of anything the past several days except my body loves to sweat and feel icky.

April, Meg, Liz, Sweet, Tippy, Anna, Cin, Cathy

Kem, 600 bucks for a deck (labor) is fantastic. I can't blame hubby for being excited. Yowzers talk about family discounts...

Cathy do you mean all those pictures (of the mardi gras) I see on the internet AREN'T YOU ??

I'm definitly going home early today.

ANNA congratulations on the 6 lbs lost

Last edited by Leens; 03-05-2003 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:05 AM   #2  

Good morning! I'm much better today. Sometimes you just need a good cry and a good night's sleep! Thanks for the words of encouragement and support!

BRB! Just wanted to say good morning
Janie
Old 03-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Janie I'm glad you are feeling better today!

Our town looks like there has been a war in it. As yall know, we have Mardi Gras here in Louisiana. I have lived here all my life and I have never been to anything for Mardi Gras. It is just not my thing at all. Lots of craziness and drunks and rowdy crowds - not my idea of a good time at all. It is crazy what people will do for a bunch of plastic beads! I drove down our main street to come into work and the trash and goo is overwhelming. I sure am glad I don't work for the city! yikes!

I've been busy, but I'm up every morning doing my walking tapes before work so I feel good about that. Also drinking my water and all that jazz.

I popped into the chatroom a couple of times last night but the place was empty. I probably went in a little earlier then the night crowd usually gets there. I won't have time tonight to check in, because we have church and then a meeting for all the families hosting Disciple Now the weekend of the 14th and 15th, so I'll be home late and no time to play on puter.

If the sun doesn't come out soon, I may have to borrow April's light. I don't think we have had a day of sunshine in almost a month. If it is not raining then it is just gray and gloomy outside. I am sooooooo ready for spring!!! Need some sunlight big time!

I hope everybody has a blessed day!

later gaters,
Cathy
Old 03-05-2003, 12:07 PM   #4  

Morning all. Like Cathy said it is pretty gloomy here too. I couldn't see 1/4 of a mile in front of me this morning b/c of all of the fog. Well, at least it isn't cold anymore. I think it might be time to get my plants back out and start to work onthem so that they will be nice and pretty.

We got our 3rd bid for the landscaping and I think we are going to go with this one. They even told us that they would build our deck for $600 if we bought the wood. We are definetly going to do that. Hubby is more excited about that than I am, now he doesn't have to listen to me whine about it not being built yet. Our uncle gave us a quote of $2300 even when we bought the wood. What a nice family we have.

Not to much going on here. I have been having a craving for an oyster poboy since we let New Orleans and I think I may have to give in and get one. Otherwise I will eat whatever I can and I will still want the poboy.

If that is my worst problem than everything is ok.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #5  

Good morning all....Janie.....I am glad you are feeling better today......just a quick hello.....just used my light box....it feels so nice to sit in front of it.

It is snowing today again....it seems to be a fine snow. Am on my way out the door to coffee with friends....just have to get out of the house. See you later.

April
Old 03-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #6  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Hi gals

just popped in for a hello.Another busy day ahead -with 3 kids when aren't they!

JANIE - just read your posts from yesterday and could totally relate to the way you're feeling. I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment and am feeling down about everything.

CATHY - must have missed you in chat yesterday. that's a shame. I don't get in very often. It can be bad timing for me because it's straight after school usually but sometimes it goes right and I get to say hello. Was chatting with Cin last night and that was nice.

CIN - Hi nice to chat last night. It's hard to keep up when there are so many in there!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all having good days.

Catch you later

Anna
Old 03-05-2003, 05:28 PM   #7  

Hello.

Leens I hope you get better soon. Linda needs to get on your case like she does mine when I don't feel well. Sic her Linda!!

I am still feeling cruddy. I really think the cats are the problem. Went to see the doctor and she is in agreement. My lungs are very scratchy, the right more than the left. I am taking an anti-histemine which is helping rid of a lot of the phlegm.

We have a cat trap out and so far 2 cats caught and out of here. I get so sick of all the cats...and worse yet, several Siamese cats are running loose. Siamese can kill me...I quit breathing when their fur gets into my lungs. There is a leash law here which pertains to dogs AND cats but people let cats run. The dog catcher knows me and my allergies and he's been very good about carrying the cats away pronto.

I was blessed yesterday!! I had filed last May for help with eyeglasses. I finally got the phone call to go in. Went yesterday and came home with reading glasses. He said to wear them when at the computer too. I could not believe the difference when I picked up a book!!!! I got them at zero cost to me which sure made my day. He said my left eye is perfect....all the problem was the right eye and the veins behind it were in a mess...which he said is due to the brain tumor. He told me if anything changed, to call him and he'd replace the glasses free of charge. Now how can you beat that??? Woohooo!!!!!!!! I am even cute in them. makes me look distinguished...not old Linda...distinguished.

Have missed chat the last few nights. Will try to get in tonite. I've been good about going to bed early and getting my rest. Pneumonia scares me and I am trying to not get to that point. A friend of mine nearly died this week with pneumonia. They called in her family saying she had but a short time. The hospital decided to medi-flight her to another hospital and now she is doing good. They got her lungs cleared up and tomorrow or the next day they will take her off the respirator. Scary.

Cathy I am glad to hear that you're not down on Bourbon Street flashing for beads.

Kemp glad you found a good price for your deck. I've always wanted a nice deck.

Chris and I are still in the decision making stage of what to do about moving or not moving. I told Dad Sunday that he'd gotten his house back. After a year and a half he was so excited. He is working with me...I threatened to use my power if I had to and asked him not to put me in that situation. I don't want to throw my Guardianship out there but will if I have to. I also told him that if we move to his house I wanted the pool cleaned and put back into order and some painting done, etc. He has agreed to all of it.

I need to go fix dinner for Chris and Dad. Chris is in the main house watching a movie with Dad. I've enjoyed the past hour in silence.....
Closed Thread