Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 08:41 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, February 13th

Happy Thursday All,

Just starting this thing up ...

Cin ....... HUGGS TO YOU ! I didn't know you were having surgery but then again my pea brain doesn't retain things very long. Can I bring you some chicken soup

Sweet my dear I'm not going to say this again, get your tookas to the doctor, please don't wait much longer, a day can make a difference - gotta take care of #1 Lady !!! Dont' be jealous about my hair for crying out loud, the way things are going I'll be getting glazes like some of you older folks ROFLMFAO (ducking for fear of my life lololol).

Cathy, how did the dance go, that sounded like such a wonderful time. I wish our church would do stuff like that but there are not that many people that would attend, either to young or old.

Anna, I'd love to send some winter your way, its snowing now, we are expecting snow, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday... this has got to be the worst winter we've had in a long time. The thought of 80 degree weather gives me goose bumps.

Linny, 1 1/2 days and counting until MUFFIN MANIA !

Kem whatcha been doing w/yourself lately ?

Tippy, Meggg, Lizzzzzzzy where are you guys ???

Huggs to all those who I have untentionally missed

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 02-13-2003 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 AM   #2  
CIN

Good Morning Everybody!

I just finished my 30 min walk with Leslie.without the arm movem
ents.!

Hubby took me out to dinner last night......that was the fun part! Plus I ask him to do the dishes because its hard with one hand! Ha.he even helped making the bed! I could get used to this !

The finger stayed numb until almost midnite....12 hours of numbness was starting to worry me.............now I wish it were numb again! Ha!Ha!

Enough about my finger...................do you all have any plans for V Day? I just want to see my little Valentines (4 grandchildren) that is what makes me the HAPPIEST! I am SO BLESSED!
We all are!

Sweet.I an anxious for you to see the Dr. too.dont mean to bug you but we are all very concerned!

I miss those who havent posted in a while and hope we hear from you all soon.Mainly hope you are just busy........that is an acceptable reason!

I will check in later!

CIN
Old 02-13-2003, 10:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leens- how r things at work! and more importantly, how is the little bambino? I bet she is sooooooo cute right now! doing all sorts of stuff?

Cin - you do pretty good typing for only 1 finger! haha Sorry its hurting. Sometimes numb is good! I'm so impressed that you did your 2 mile walk this morning - wow - that's awesome!

Leens - it wasn't actually a dance last night - it was a Valentines Banquet with food and fellowship and cool youth worship and then a 5 minute sermon on love - real love! ;-) It was really good and we had 118 teenagers there. I could not believe we fit that many teenagers in the youth building. It was packed and they had a good time. I know my 2 boys had a great time!

Needless to say I was very late to bed and late to rise and no walking this morning. And to top it off, I forgot my tennis shoes so I won't be able to walk at noon. Oh well, that's they way it goes some days.

I hope everybody is doing well and takes a second to post a quick hello. It's always nice to hear from everybody.

I will check back later.

hugs,
Cathy
Old 02-13-2003, 11:06 AM   #4  

Angry Count down is on!

Hi everyone!

Thanks to those of you who asked after me.....nice to feel missed, or loved or supported or whatever it is!

Like everyone else I have been busy....I have a big course that I am taking this weekend...it is a big deal to me as I have to work hard for my marks and my brain is less receptive than ever with age, and all the mommy things going through it etc!

I am taking ACLS-advanced cardiac life support....it is a pass fail thing and if I get it I will be on the code team at work and able to rescusitate patients that come into the ER that are critically ill. I have enjoyed it so very much and wonder why I didn't do it sooner. It was like one day it clicked and I understood. So anyways keep everything crossed for me this weekend if you don't mind.

I have read back on some of the posts...everyone sounds as though they are hanging in there.

CIN way to go on the walking...you had to strip for the surgery cause I take it they put you under...did they? Let us know the details...I don't understand what happened.

LEENS I don't know how old you are but I have had grey hair since I was 25 and started adding blonde highlights to my mousy brown hair then and have not looked back in 18 years. It really makes your hair look and feel so much better.

CATHY You are my ray of sunshine...always so upbeat and optomistic....I really admire your attitude and selfless ways! How are your sons....I have often wondered about your eldest. Let us know how things are going. Have fun at the teen night...you are a better person than I...that is an age group I find it hard to be around.

APRIL Glad to hear that you are staying in the light and feeling better. Don't worry about the house work....a house is a home when you can write your name in the dust!

KEMP See you are feeling better....you sound like you had a bad case of the flu. Work sounds busy....you leave that house work to! When do you get your dog back? He is away right? And hubby he is away a lot too!

LADYPAL Great to see you posting. I don't know you all that well but I will try to work on that

LINDA our exercise queen...your devotion and committment is second to none. I admire your ability to stick with it! I for one really need to get on the exercise kick....I have gained so much of my weight back and I know it is because I didn't listen to you all when you told me to get my hiney in gear!

SWEETPEA it sounds like you have been unwell for far too long. I know that you are great at looking after everyone else but what about YOU! Let us know what the doc has to say.

Everyone else hello and hope you are well.

Hubby is taking the pc in to be looked at. I hope that I am able to find you all again after we get it back...I am not the sharpest pencil in the pack.

Have a good one everyone.....bye for now.

Elizabeth
Old 02-13-2003, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Liz - you are toooooooo sweet! It is so good to see a post from you and as always, it sounds like you are busy busy busy. I hope and pray that all goes well with the course and test you took - I take it you will find out this weekend if you passed? Please let us know as soon as you find out - or as soon as you get your pc back. Hope it is not in the shop for long!

Liz asked about my oldest son. As some of you may or may not know, he is 18 and has a chemical imbalance. It has been the most difficult challenge that any of us have ever faced!!!! He is a terrific guy and his imbalance seems to be a genetic thing and he is on meds and goes to cognitive behavior therapy with a Christian counselor which has all helped him tremendously - along with his Faith in God and the thousands of prayers lifted up for him! He has come a long way, but still has "bad days" that hit him out of nowhere.

He is a senior this year and finished his classes at mid term and will graduate with his class in May. Also we have a SuperWalmart opening up about 15 minutes from our house. He went when they were taking applications and interviewing and they hired him on the spot as a cart pusher at $6.00. He was excited because it was the first time he had ever filled out an application, since he has always worked (hard) with hubby who has a lawn service. He will start working for Walmart on Monday, Feb 17, and is excited about getting a paycheck. The lawn service work won't really start back up until April and he can decide then if he wants to continue working at Walmart or work with hubby mowing lawns. That is totally up to him, whatever he prefers. Then in the fall he will either go to our local college or to the 2 year technical school and work part time - that is his plans for now. Not sure what he wants to do but is interested in something to do with medical and/or computers.

Thanks for checking on him liz.

hugs,
Cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-13-2003 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 12:59 PM   #6  

Howdy....

Sorry Leens, I still hate ya. I will have to think of ways to make your hair turn gray.

Cathy it sounds like you had a great night. Was the forgettting of the tennis shoes premeditated? You didn't say what was on the menu...share plz.

Speaking of menus...where the heck is Meg. I associate food with her as she is always doing up some great sounding dinners. Come on Meg...come out and play with us.

Cin you are doing wonderful typing with one hand. And you make no typos. I think I like the Cin who makes "asseroles" the best. Hope your finger feels better as the day goes on. I bet ol Teddy Bear is ready for it to heal so he doesn't have to help around the house.

Kemp are you feeling any better?

Liz good luck. There can't be a better feeling than saving someone's life so hope you pass the test.

Linda Linda I was in chat last night but left early and went to bed. Or rather, I laid at the end of Chris' bed where I awoke at 3 AM freezing. I crawled to the head of the bed and covered up. Of course I woke Chris up...that's always a fun thing to do. He told me to hurry up and get my butt settled down so "someone else can sleep around here"... I'll have to think of something to irritate him again tonite.

Ladies, I am going with Dad tomorrow for his doctor's appt. At that time I will question doc again about what's going on with me plus I will make an appt. Last night I didn't throw up. I ate very little yesterday so maybe that is a clue to what's going on with me. I am wondering if maybe if I eat less the puking will stop. Sooo today I started out with a cup of cheerios and a cup of skim milk and will eat small quantities for lunch and dinner and see what happens. Not that I have been overeating all this time but maybe my tummy is not liking things that it has to work harder to digest. We'll see. I don't plan to ignore this....I promise.

To anyone I missed...I apologize.

Catch you all later...
Old 02-13-2003, 01:44 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay okay okay, I'll say my age 28 ROFL....I have about 5 grays on the top of my head.

Sweet you don't need to turn my head gray, my boss is doing a good job at that, but thanks so much for the kind offer

Liz, good luck this weekend !!

Cin, just don't go around giving anyone the finger so to speak

Tippy yodellllllllllllay he hooooooo !!!
Meg are you still here or did you cook yourself into a frenzy ?
Linny.... ??? tap tap tap where are you .
Anna I'm sure will catch up on us ninnies later.

Old 02-13-2003, 02:01 PM   #8  
acw
Cuddly Kiwi

Greetings all

Hope Thursday is treating you all well!

SWEETPEA - Nice to chat yesterday. I'm still coming to terms with the wonders of the internet. That was my first chat ever and I'm addicted!! I'm off to buy some window locks today to stop the 2 year old houdini from escaping out the window again!!

I'll try and catch you all later- have to hit the school/preschool run now. It's my day with just DD(1 yr old) today and I've got a long list of things to do!!! As long as I don't pick up a book I might get some things done!!

Have a good day

Catch you all later

Anna
Old 02-13-2003, 03:13 PM   #9  

Good afternoon everyone,

It is just afternoon here....just 12:06 as I type this....I guess I am not feeling as great as I was...this week....have been sleeping in....kind of down at times. Some days have been sitting at the light box later than 9 A.M. The counsellor said it works best if you start it by 9 A.M.....so I have to get my butt in gear

Leenie .......I think I need a hug today.My youngest DS3 is 28...the same age as you

Liz......glad to see you back....I will keep my fingers crossed for you...to pass the test.

Cathy......Great for your son....getting a job at WalMart.

April
Old 02-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #10  

Default Argghhh

Sorry.. they are busting my proverbial balls here today. Got piles of work!!

Glad to see everyone around today.. nice to have a busy forum.

Toodles
Old 02-13-2003, 04:57 PM   #11  
CIN

Liz
I dont know if I am spelling it correctly or not but I had a ganglion cyst revoved from my index finger near the nail.they gave me a local..................just froze the finger for 12 hours.but none the less.I was in the operating room.....sterile enviroment I suppose!

I didnt even shave my legs cause I thought I would just put my hand on a table.didnt know I would have to weigh and strip and have everything monitored.oh well.I managed!

Now the next surgery ( bone fusion on other index finger) I will be put under.!!For sure................want this done before spring and summer.cant kayak with a bum finger!

Later gals!

Glad to see you liz!
April.I pictured YOU as about a 23 yr old!
My youngest will be 26 this month and oldest is 28 with 4 of her own!

CIN
Old 02-13-2003, 07:58 PM   #12  

Cin,

You just made my day....I laughed....my DH said there you go. I needed to laugh today.

I am doing better being OP this week. Last week I lost 1.4 lbs. & the week before I lost 2.8.....so that is something positive.

I guess I can't be 23 if I have a 28 year old son....can I!!!!!!!!!!

April
Closed Thread