Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:17 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

How are you all doing? I'm going to try and have a fairly productive day, got to make the most of the weekend and finally tackle my sons bedroom. I'm sure he'll manage to conveniently have somewhere else he urgently needs to be but I'm going to try and make him help sort out the crazy chaos in there. Otherwise I can't be held responsible if loads of "precious" items get trashed

Going to hit the shops first though, got to put off the bedroom tidying for as long as possible! Besides, I want to get the shopping done before the Saturday crowds get going... I hate that.

Hope, is the kitty ok? Poor thing! Hope it heals quickly.

Heather, I feel like I do the same thing, except I don't even have to get close to my goal... I just drop a couple of pounds and I'm like "Wooooo... yay! Pizza time!"

Ok...I'm off to do stuff... have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #77  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning! It's Saturday - yay! I'm going to have a weekend really focused on myself - lots of good food in the house, not too much school work to do, treadmill dusted off - !

Five pounds gone - 20 to go to get back where I was... I can totally do this! (actually, it's 8 or 9 pounds gone, but that would mean I have to admit to putting on MORE than 25lbs... oh dear!)

Might get in some skiing today... if I can get INTO my ski pants!

Have a great day, my friends!!

Heather

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-21-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #78  

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say Hi!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Take care,
K
Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #79  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Hello Ladies! It sounds like everyone is having a nice productive weekend so far. I'm trying to get caught up with little errands and chores myself. I managed to get out the door before 7am this morning just to hit the grocery store while it was still kind of dark and not busy. (I guess it's more of a sa/bdd thing) I had to buy this amazing ginger sesame salad dressing that tastes almost as good as the one served at the Japanese hibachi grill...yum!
Take care everyone, ttyl!

Last edited by butterflygurl; 02-21-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #80  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

I am losing my will to fight.

I lost an incredibly special friend in mid Jan. He lost his battle with cancer. Five days later, hub and I found out that the promising experimental drug he was placed on in Nov isn't working and that his cancer is rapidly growing. They did genetic testing on a bone marrow sample and found that he has THE worst form of this cancer; prognosis is "poor" is how the report from the Mayo clinic ended. Three days later, we were rear-ended on a double lane highway by a drunk driver who hit us at over 150 km/h.. that's over 90 mph in a 60 zone. Our car was written off; hub is picking up the "new" one today.. a 99 Jetta TDI sedan. Miraculously, everyone walked away including the driver of the other vehicle and her two passengers.. all drunk. She is 32, with a learner's. Her supervising driver was also plastered. They are both charged with impaired and spent the night in jail. Hub has some residual back issues which have been made worse because of the cancer... it causes bone lesions as it progresses... starting in the back and ribs.

Hub started a very aggressive treatment yesterday. It's two kinds of chemo intervenously 2x week, steroids orally 4 days on; 4 days off, and yet another med by needles he will self inject the 3 days between the chemo. He's been approved for four cycles; each cycle 4 weeks. In a month, we return to the Cancer clinic to see if it's working. I suppose the plan is that if it is working and they can get it under control, there will be another bone marrow transplant-this time donor. However, we don't know if that's even in the books because when we asked about it this past Thurs, they wouldn't answer except to say that they have to get it into remission. That's concerning.

We will have to tell the "kids".. son will be 26 next month but is the emotional level of a 16-17 year old. He won't handle this well... he's already unemployed and, I hate to say this, but has that "loser" mentality. I worry so much what is to become of him. Daughter will be 21 in May and she and her dad are exceptionally close. This is all going to be so hard.

I don't know what to do or say except that I am just numb and having a really hard time comprehending what it is that we've done wrong ... sorry if I feel like I'm feeling sorry for myself, .. i guess i am, really.

I have to make an appt to see my doctor for a refill on my med. I'll go, but I'm afraid to because I know I'm going to fall apart in his office and I so don't want that to happen.

Last edited by JudoMom; 02-21-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:06 PM   #81  
Walking by faith

Exclamation Judo Mom

Love and prayers going out to you and your husband.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Judomom,

I'm so sorry you and your family are having to go through this, it must be especially hard having just lost a close friend to cancer but don't give up hope.

Do go to see your doctor for your meds, you have to take good care of yourself, this is a tough battle you and your husband are fighting. It's ok to fall apart, you can't be strong all the time.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #83  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Judo, I'm so sorry to hear this. I have thought of you and your hubby often. Mimzy is right, you can't hold it all in all the time. You have been so strong. Please do take care of yourself. Dealing with a loved one's illness is one of the hardest things we all have to face in this life. My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family.
(and I'm so sorry about your dear friend)

Steppinout, good to see you. How are you doing? We miss you.

Heather, the kitty is still healing. I've been giving him some liquid pain meds in some tuna juice. Yummy! He is still holding it up most of the time but I caught him putting a little weight on it tonight. Did you go skiing, and most importantly did you have on pants? Good job on losing some poundage.

Momof4, glad you had a good day. You deserve it.

Butterfly, I love that dressing.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #84  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Morning All.

Well we got the keys to the house on Friday!

The landlord has been working on the house getting it ready for us. He just emailed my dh saying he just bought us a new fridge, that will be delivered on Thursday and also a new dishwasher too!

We got to show my best friend and her significant other the inside of our house. They liked it. My dh's best friend is going to be staying with us while he helps us move, its easier for him than trying to drive home late and all tired. We're like thats cool. He was gonna get a hotel room and we're like, "uh you can stay with us." lol.

I was supposed to have packed more boxes last night and instead I fell asleep. I guess I am just sooo tired from everything.........could not help it. But I have a few hours this morning to get some done............

Anywho I work two nights this week at work, tonight and tomorrow night, then I'm off until March 8th. So I doubt after Monday night/Tuesday morning that I will be online much at all.

So take care everybody if I don't get a chance to say so! And Extra Big to Judomom. My DH's friend just got diagnosed not only with Parkinsons, but also with a Brain Tumor that is malignant as well. Life sure doesn't seem fair sometimes. Sorry to hear about your car accident as well.

BIG BIG to everybody who needs it right now.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #85  

Height: 5'6"

Judomom Our prayers and thoughts are with you especially right now. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all this. I pray that the new treatment for your hubby works.

sassy congrats on the house and the move. New appliances always a cause for celebration as well!

Hope, good to hear that your kitty is doing better. How are you doing?

Heather congrats on the five pound loss, I'm sure you will get rid of the rest soon enough.

Hi there butterfly, stepping out, Mimzy, leenie, raven, momof4, cathy and everyone else

Not doing to bad here. Realize I have to get my butt moving and get doing something more consistantly. Its like I'm treading water losing and gaining the same 10 lbs. Time for it to go permamently. I did go for a walk Friday night while ddC was in judo. Yesterday was spent in town. Today I'm hoping to get something done at home here. Hubby is at work with my van so I'm here, but its getting motivated thats the problem. Have to tell myself to just do it. Also my mom is planning on a quick trip back to her old town to pick up some motorbikes she left behind and I'm thinking of going with her, so that would mean seeing some people I haven't seen in quite a long while and I sure would like to look better than I do. So I'm hoping that is motivation enough to change my mindset. One can always hope!
Well enough moaning.

Take care everyone,
K
Old 02-22-2009, 07:30 PM   #86  
Heather 2.0

Judo: thinking of you

...and yes, Hope, I had pants on when I went skiing!

Last edited by HeatherAngel; 02-22-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

OH WOW....EVERYBODY ia in here I cant keep up with it today...LOL....no everyone is running around here I can't concentrate on reading everyone's post....

JUDO-My heart goes out to you.....I pray you have strength and pray for your husband!! I dont feel like you were feeling sorry for yourself you were expressing your heart and that is perfectly normal......

ok sorry everyone i will have to catch up lil lata when it quiets down around here!!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #88  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Judomom...

First things first...BIG HUGS!!! Okay, next thing, don't give up, don't listen to Drs. prognosis...I know, easier said than done, but here's why... My MIL had to listen to the Drs. "prognosis" of my FILs condition of "6 mos". You know what happened? He had 8 YEARS and nearly beat it entirely! He had a heart transplant and had a complication from the surgery, otherwise he would still be with us. I hold onto that very hard because my DH was diagnosed with an Astrocytoma Grade 3 and they told us 3-5 years...BULL****!!! He went through radiation and Chemo with none of the side effects we were worried about...he has recovered and is still working, going to school, and we are living our life... Everyone has their moments of weakness...I have had lots...but you just have to re group, re focus, and look at whatever good thing you can find in your day. I have learned that alot of my moods and the way I handle things is related to my eating...specifically sugar and white flour things... I do Kathleen DesMaissons Potatoes Not Prozac plan and find that it is giving me the strength and mood boosting that I need to stay mostly positive...someone help me if I have a cookie though...the doom and gloom and negativity spills out of me like crazy...just a thought, I don't know if it fits you or not...and if it doesn't just know that I am thinking of you and your DH to get through this...

Luv luv to the rest of you Lovelies!!!!

Raven
Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #89  
Heather 2.0

Nothing new here - plodding along, thinking of you all...
Old 02-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #90  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

It's great to hear from everyone!

Judomom my prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family

Sassy congratulations on your new house, that must be very exciting

I did a different workout and Wow I'm very sore! Wearing heels today was definitely not a good idea!

Lots of hugs to the rest of the gang!
Closed Thread