Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Weekly Chat - August 4th - August 10th

Hi Ladies, watcha up to ? I thought you'd all be chatting away this morning.... where's the party jk

Nothing much is new, just sitting by my desk at work eating lunch while working. I managed a pretty healthy salad and some low fat dressing. My problem isn't breakfast or lunch, its usually 2 PM and on when the sweet tooth kicks in and THATS where I do my damage. Dinner usually is a blur b/c I just eat to much oh well, gotta keep working on it.

Whats rocking your world?

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hey Leenie... I think the boards have been quiet since Friday...odd!

I'm very confused about life and everything in general but I'm plodding along dealing with it. Binge free day 7 now so I cannot complain

How is everybody else?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:47 PM   #3  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

It's a civic holiday up here in the Great White North today... and I am just lazing about. Will run later.

Chat soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Just can't get myself together today again mondays are always hard to get in routine. I wanted to have my laundry all washed and folding now cause its just piling higher. I wanted to do the running thing today but that didnt happen...oh well hopefully it gets better....ok lata
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM   #5  

i guess no ones really out there...everyone is away and on their own thing...once again sitting here in tears but theres no point in venting here cause everyone has their own issues....
Old 08-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
Long weekend here so it feels like a Sunday.
We've been busy. Hubby finally got up and reroofed our addition. While he was up there doing things I cut grass. DdB and I both got burnt to a crisp. Today we finished the roof and then put in a new fan in the bathroom and then got a fire going and had a weinnie roast. The stupid black flies were very annoying tho. Its been so nice and warm and its suppose to get hotter. We are really enjoying it.

Momof4, sorry you are having a bad day. I'm working on my load of lights as the girls are complaining of no socks. I use to hate mondays when the girls were little as well. Things go so much smoother when there is a routine and place and everyone knows what is expected. Hope your kidlets are all in bed now and you can have some "me" time. Tomorrow is another day. Is your foster daughter still at home?

Spoz congrats on the 7 binge free days! That is a great accomplishment.

Heather hope you enjoyed your day off.

Leenie Hope you had a good weekend.

And I hope everyone else is doing great.

Well I should get going.
Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:25 AM   #7  

buddly-We are still making the 6 our drives every sunday to take her back (we have a driver thru the agency that brings her here). I have so much laundry and no help and the grass hasnt been cut since like before july 20th sometime...its to long to go into everythings...Yes I like my routine but today didnt go very well kids were AWFUL today...one of the worst days in a while I have had with them....ALL day not just part of the day...it was all day...ok well i am gonna go!!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:17 AM   #8  

i am not tired NOT at all but i know morning comes i will be grumpy and not want up...UGGHHH...ok lata all
Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #9  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

I had a lazy-ish day yesterday, and now off for the lovely commute to work - !

Things are okay - I didn't run on Sunday, and didn't feel like running yesterday, so I put it off until the evening, and then promptly ran 11 miles - life (and my body and brain!) are very strange indeed. Running really clears my head, and it's very therapeutic for me.

Not much else of news here, folks - hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

G'Morning,

Hope everyone is having a better day today

Heather you simply amaze me, 11 miles you really are an inspiration You must feel really good afterwards. I can't even run to my car from my front door ROFL... sad but true.

Spoz, Buddly, Mom you all have a great day. I think its quiet here b/c lots of people are away on vacation. Its always slower in the summer but once school starts up, this place will be hoping again.

When I got married, almost 20 years ago, we did not go on a honeymoon, nor have we been on a vacation. $$ reasons, we were working for our home. Well guess what!! We are going to Disney on Halloween... how cool is that. Now mind you, I've never been in a plane, and I've never been away from my home for more than a few days (usually hospital stays lolol). So this is going to be strange...exciting but strange. DD gets to trick or treat in disney.. I'm very excited and scared, but more excited.

Anyway... thats about it LOL.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 AM   #11  
Get through today

Hey all--

It's Tuesday and humid AGAIN. It's like it just sucks any energy I have right out of me. did not want to work out this morning, but dragged myself outta bed and did it. I try not to think about it too much, and I'm done in under an hour. Watched part of a special on TV yesterday about teens in Iraq, and it was so strange to see them just trying to live their lives like normal teens, go to school have friends, laughing. All I really hear is "road side bomb" and "fighting" and "killing" about that part of the world, it was so amazing to see faces of actual people living it every day. And it so completely put my life in perspective. I don't have to try to fall asleep while there is shooting outside, I don't have to live under the constant threat of being kidnapped or killed. I have a job to go to, my family is relatively safe, and I have hope. And now When I hear about that part of the world, I'll think of the ordinary people just trying to live their lives (I always knew this, but to see it is different). My problems definitely seem more manageable!

Lennie -- congrats on the Disney "honeymoon"! That place can turn anyone into a kid again, you will have so much fun!

Heather -- You run further than my commute to work. I'm in awe!! So amazing!

Momof4 -- I'm sorry you're having a tough time

Buddly -- Wow, must feel good to check all those things off your list! I got a bit red this weekend as well, but weather was too good to pass up!

Spoz -- congrats!!! binge free is so amazing, keep it up!

And to everyone else, have a super Tuesday!!!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'3

Default Hello everyone thought Id join in

I hope yall don't mind

I am New... freshly signed up today and loving this site.... I look forward to all the info and friendly people!!....
Today I jumped out of bed at 5am to begin my new walking regime. and I felt wonderful afterwards. and still feeling pumped right now ... I just hope I can keep up the enthusiasm I get discouraged quite quickly!!

I hope you all have a beautiful day
chilenita815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #13  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA but my computer wouldn't pull this site up. Sometimes it would come up but I couldn't get over to our corner of the world. Df worked on it some last night and it still wouldn't come up but here it is today. Yay!

Momof4: I really feel for you. You need a break badly and some help! I hope today runs smoothly. I'm not cut out for what you do.

Leenie: Good to hear from you and how awesome that you get to go to Disney. Planes are no problem, just take some dramamine before you get on if you have any trouble with motion sickness.

Welcome Chilenita: Good job on the early walk!

I'm off today and tomorrow. I slept till noon and have no real plans, which is fine with me. Df is going to be home soon and try to take off tomorrow with me. There's really nothing of any interest to tell, I've just been working and doing some chores when I get home.

Hopefully I can check back in later...
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #14  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all! Can't chat, the site it loading super slow on this 'puter, and I used up most my minutes just getting to this page.

I was in Grand Cayman today - oh how pretty! Wish you were all here. Being away from everything is really helping me to relax, but in some ways I'll be glad to be home next week.

Have a great week everyone!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:18 PM   #15  

today is a little better...As i knew morning came earlier than I wanted...when you go to bed at 2:30 am and kids are up at 8am and I am not a morning person..so yeah...then someone that was to call me last night waited till 9:30 to call me and ask me if I could go unlock the church for them at 10 to get in. Well my boys were still sleeping. So I told them a lil after 10 i figured if I was going thru the hassle of loading everyone up i miswell do some painting over there. It was better than last night. I got all the trim finished!! BUT my dh had a talk with the boys last night and they were pretty much angels today!!! My 2 yr old is in the stage of thinking everything is hers and she doesnt have to listen to ANYBODY!! err so it is frustrating when she just stands there and defys me.

So then I came home Showered everyone nice and clean and makes them sleep better for nap time. Then after everyone was laying down
I had to make a 4lb meatloaf for the family of the guy who passed away.
I have to take that over here later when its done.
I have laundry sorted in piles in my dinning room and baskets STACKED HIGH of clean....
Then my bathroom is COMPLETELY trashed...there was no bag up there so the diapers are laying there from when they got in the shower and toys are all over the floor..and
the cat liter needs scooped.
my table is messy...
i have cheerios on the floor in the kitchen from the baby I gotta sweep that floor
then wipe down all the counters
Then I have to run the sweeper
Then I need to make supper for my family
I plan on trying to go run here
I have prayer meeting tonight
and yeah so goes my life!!! YA...sure

Heather I am so jealous of you....how long does it take you to run 11 miles and are you using a treadmill or out running outside? I live in the city so its not like a country road i can run on...

hope thanks stinks bout your puter

bella its rainy here and makes you want to just curl up and sleep so yeah....

Leeni- that is cool!! It should be tons of fun!!

chil- Welcome!!

I miss my MeA!!!

Catch you all lata!!