Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:04 AM   #16  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Buddly~Omg..I do the exact same way. I will only shower at night if dh is home. And I have to call out for him when I'm done to make sure he's still here, lol. When I'm alone, I dont shower at night. Like today, I was so caught up in my book that I forgot to shower. So I put the book down at 6, and took a quick shower before it got too late, lol. The light was still out, so it was safe, LOL!!! During deployment last year, I wouldnt go to bed until the sun came up, lol. Now I just sleep to pass the time, lol.

Anyways..dh is in SD, and I miss him so much. He'll be home in 2 weeks. 2 freakin long a$$ weeks!!! Its just dragging right now. Anyways..gonna go read. Nighty nite
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #17  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Awww, I am SO feeling the love in this forum! Okay, I'm laughing, but it's true, isn't it? Even when people like me skulk away and hide, the strength of this forum as a whole pulls us back.

Love you girls!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Girlies!!
Yep a regular love fest going on here! But it sure is great to have a safe place to come to. I've been "flamed" before in another forum and its rather upsetting.

Francie its nice to know I'm not the only one. I use to have to stay up all night as well. Actually I would turn out the light at 4am as I knew my neighbour would be getting up around 4:30. His wife use to laugh that I would just get my light turned off and Garfield would turn his on. As I said the dog has been a huge help. He lies at the bathroom door when I'm in there and once when my bil was visiting he came around the corner to go to the bathroom and Max raised such a ruckus and scared the heck out of him. So I feel a lot safer.(even if the dog is a wimp at other times and looks at me to check out odd noises)

Anyway I'm not sure how today is going to play out. I got DdC off to school for her test and I'm suppose to be getting my van down to the shop. I called my gf and she said she would pick me up. Thankfully she took the day off of work to hound her son into studying. He bought new things for his drum kit so she knows he won't study if left to his own.

Well I should go and do those dishes I ignored yesterday, it just never quits!

Take care everyone and have a great day,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:00 PM   #19  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Cool Hola

Morning/Afternoon All

Just wanted to say lastnight/this morning at work was quiet once again. I did have a meeting with my boss, but it was nothing that I wasn't already aware of..........and he said I am a good worker, just have to work on one thing.......

So thats all for now. Going to bed......Have a Good Day Ya'All........

momof4under5 -- thanks so much for your message and thinking of me.

Thanks to you all as well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Today has been ok. I did not feel snappy or stressed I think due to extra sleep last night. Everyone had went to bed at 9:30 well normally I stay up until lik 12, 1 or 2. Well my nate wanted to sleep with me so I cuddled with him at like 10 and I read toll like 11. Everyone seemed to sleep till like 9:30 so I got tons more sleep than normally. Actually it was nap time and I was reading my book and not even tired at all. So I think getting sleep is an important key to keeping the stress lowered. I went grocery shopping which my two year old threw her shoe out of the little car part she was riding in. Some older gentleman was asking around if any of the kids lost their shoe..Yeah it was her..lol...
I also check this when I get on the puter in the morning and before I go to bed and throughout the day....LOL I enjoy the interaction between others. Being a sahm I dont get much contact...lol...so you guys are it for me!!! HAHA...ok well need to get started on supper dh will be home soon and we have prayer meeting at church tonight so not much time for lolly-gaggin (if thats even a word..HAHA)
Ttyl ladies!!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #21  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hmmmm... a little quiet in here today.

Today was a long day for me. I had my interview at HD and to my surprise it was kinda grueling. I had an easier time getting the job when I was trying to plan people's financial futures. What the...??? I mean, it is retail, not national security. I had already taken a personality test when I applied. What happened to the good ol days when you just strolled into a place such as that and if you were walking upright and weren't foaming at the mouth you got the job.

I also took my resume downtown to an advertising agency to see if they had any use for me. We'll see.

I am so used to being in jeans and no makeup that dressing up today about killed me. I may have a blister from my high heels (which weren't very high at all) and I hate wearing dress clothes at this weight. It's too hard to hide the rolls, especially in the summer.

I did more running around in between and after. I began to wonder if maybe I wasn't getting hired b/c I was fat? I'm not putting myself down, I'm just wondering if it is a factor. I'll never know for sure b/c obviously nobody would admit that for fear of being sued.

I guess I've rambled long enough.
Talk to y'all tomorrow.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:56 AM   #22  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Buddly~I think I would feel safer with a dog. But we just cant have one in the apartment we live in. Maybe after we move. We could get a small dog, like a corgi. Then when we get a house with a yard, I'd like to get a great dane. You know though..I actually feel better at night with noise. Like right now, the tv is on and I'm not even watching it. But its nice to have noise in the background. When I go to bed, I have to sleep with the tv on for the noise. Its weird, lol.

My day was pretty good. I walked to the NEX, but they didnt have anything that I needed to buy. So I just made up for it by buying a bunch of stuff I didnt need. LoL!! I'm gonna go to the NEX again tomorrow, cuz I need cat food. The cat's food is almost gone and I didnt realize it until today, lol.

Anyways..I just got off the phone with Fonzo. And I just have the best hubby ever. I'm such a freak, I have no idea why he puts up with me. I have some of the weirdest moments ever and he just goes with it, lol. Why oh why would someone like him wanna be with someone like me? I still cannot figure it out. He's beautiful and I'm crazy. Ha, we're crazy/beautiful, lol. I just cant wait until he's home for good. I need to be held so badly!!!

Well..I'm gonna go read my book now. Nighty nite all!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #23  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Just popping in to say HELLO HELLO HELLLLLLLOOOOOO!!!

Good to see everyone so chatty *giggle* and Heather, I'm glad we can pull you back

later taters
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #24  

Hey Girls

Well I am just totally zoned out I need to go for an assessment because they have a program were u can get an evaluation and meds for free. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Shopaholic I was paranoid like u to don't know how I broke out it, it was to the point when I came home at night and rooomy was gone I would check every closet with knife in hand.

I guess working from home has made me better

Momo4 got to commend you I can't do your job.

Last edited by sugarmama08; 06-18-2008 at 08:54 AM.
sugarmama08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:05 AM   #25  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Morning chicks!

I've STILL been eating crap and not really exercising... but at least I'm posting, so baby steps right?... RIGHT?!

Francie - I spend a lot of time wondering why ANYONE would want to know me... sad that we are so quick to put ourselves down instead of seeing ourselves as wonderful, valuable beings. I HATE depression - it is an evil and self-defeating disease!

Hope - I hear ya, chick; I interviewed at Chapters (with a manager less than half my age!) and felt like wtf? It's a BOOKSTORE, not the CIA! Crazy, some of these retail places - good luck with the advertising agency!!

Sugarmama - drag yourself out, girl... you know you'll feel better, so just force yourself. I know it's hard, and we're here for you.

Leenie - love you too, hon!

Mom, Sassy-girl, Buddly - how you chicks doing today??

Chat soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #26  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hello All,

Well this morning was not a quiet morning at work and that is all I will say......

Have a Great Day!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #27  

morning/afternoon girlies!! Yeah this day is just going on its own with out me..LOL..I am exhausted because for some reason my 2 year old would wake up crying every few minutes after I put her to bed then my baby kept fussin too. Well my two year old ended up getting up so I left her lay and watch a movie with me well I am falling asleep and shes playing with her babies feeding them. I am like ok your going to bed. So she takes the baby up and puts the baby in the bed on the pillow and walks toward the door and goes night baby loves you...I am like OHHH NOOO ur going to bed so then she cried and cried and so i was like i will lay with her so she dont wake up my dh. I lay there this is like 1am and she lays there playing like not even a bit tired...UGGHHH so finally she fell asleep but then it seemed like I got to sleep and the baby woke up then i got her settled and my husband woke up...then back to sleep and here comes my 3 yr old I lay with you mommy...UGGGHHH AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL night of sleep which makes me snappy and on edge and all I wanna do is just lay around and do NOTHING. I havent even ate yet this morning....Like I feel like i did before i was on meds...hate it. Then I had a girl from our youth staying and she has been in trouble but as a foster parent i can handle it well i gave her the benefit of the doubt. Here i went to put on my makeup last night and yeah a bunch was missing so i was like i am going thru her bag....it was all in there then there was a sparkle spray in the bottom of her bag she had take from my room ON THE THIRD FLOOR. I was sick to my stomach. She helps a lot around here and is super helper but you cant trust her. So i told her mom she needed to go home until i get the alarms set up in the new house. I will have all my stuff in my room with an alarm on the steps. I need it to make sure my munchkins dont go in my room anyways. Then I just got off the phone with this annoying guy flippin out he wants a meeting with my pastor and my husband or hes taking our church to the media...all because some lady thats not even a memeber in our church told him he was gonna break someones heart so he broke up with his girlfriend...Why is their cray people?? He was yelling at me then called back and was like sorry i shouldnt have yelled at you...his son is 19 and hes still being the protective parent and the sons got issues he needs to work out so it all clashes and as the youth pastor they asked my husband for help and he was just honest with them....oh well...i am gonna have lunch and NAPPPPP TIME MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE DAYYYY...my 11month old is standing here making flubbers on my knees between crying cause she wants to go outside with her siblings...LOL...yes the one in my picture...shes beautiful and such a character..i tell her say momma and she says papa(dh) and smiles i am like you lil snot....
hope i hope people arent shallow enough to not hire u for that...
ok kids are coming in...ttyl....yep i am smiling!!! because nap time is soon!!! hehehe
Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #28  

wow that was long i am sorry!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 03:08 PM   #29  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya girls!

Well, I ended up being late for a meeting off-site today because I could have sworn it was Tuesday when I drove to work. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be Wednesday.

I'm in a bit of a conundrum - I need to eat something, I only have tuna and protein shakes in my desk (neither one sounds good), and I don't have any $$ to go out to lunch. What to do? What to do? Fooey. If I out off making a decision much longer my bloodsugar is gonna tank and I'll be done for the day.

Yesterday, I made really stupid food choices. I ate ice cream (a fair amount of it too) and I don't even like ice cream. Add that to my grilled cheddar smoked sausages, the HUGE pita sandwich I had for lunch, and I may not need to eat today after all. Only, it doesn't work that way...

On the plus side - I went to my new yoga class last night, and it whipped my butt!! Lots of standing poses, and some rather fast pose progressions. If left to my druthers I'd just do a lot of long-holds and seated or inverted poses, so the emphasis on the balancing poses and progressions was nice and challenging!

Francie - I guess I'm still a little paranoid. My replacement windows were just installed and I'm having the dangdest time sleeping because they make my bedroom SOOOO much quieter. Haha, last night I opened them a bit just so I could sleep.

Momof4 - don't be sorry - I enjoy reading your posts. I think the alarms on your steps are a great idea - especially with all you curious little kiddos! Sorry about the confrontational dude on the phone. That kind of thing really gets to me.

Sugar - Make the appointment for the eval. I had a similar thing a while ago - I just kept putting off going to the doc (it was paid for) because some part of me didn't want to admit I'd let things get to the state they were in. Its like I wanted to fix it before going in. Funny thing is, though... I was in the condition I was in whether I heard it officially or not, and going to the doc really helped me realize that it wasn't that big a deal - I could change it, but only if I accepted it for what it was. on the checking the closets with a knife!!! One night I was so scared I checked under the sink, too!!

Hope - places like HD that get a lot of turnover are becoming more and more careful in their hiring. It just costs so much to get someone trained, they want to make sure that they have a shot at keeping the new employee long enough to make it worth it. I think you're biggest challenge is going to be seeming over-qualified ('cause you are). You can only hope to nip that in the bud, and somehow make them think that you realized that retail was the career that was going to challenge and fulfill you. Strong acting skills can be a plus! Let us know when you hear back!

Sassy, Leenie, Heather, Raven, Buddly, et al
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #30  

Had an ok night....getting better since everyone is sleeping. was so mad a my dh that i coulda threw something at him....but we wont go there!!!! I am doing ok now everyone is in bed except my 2 yr old night owl..she keeps getting on and off my lap. She is playing with the sit and spin..anyone remember those?? I was so sheltered and remember living on that thing when I was little I played for hours on mine when I was little!!!

MeA-awwwww u poor thing that sucks about your lunch..I would throw you a some money but Im afraid all i could throw you is some quarters to make a wish...atleast till friday...lol I hate money!! lol which is good right Well anyways hopefully you had a good rest of the day!!

Sassy- Come on tell me it was not a good morning at work cause you punched someone right in the face...LOL...Or you coulda just mooned them...that woulda really got them talking!!! HAHA no I am j/k I am sorry you had a rough nite at work hopefully thats the rough night for the week

Heather- I sure sure hope your not eating crap...How many calories does crap have in it...does it help you lose weight more....NO NO i am soo messing..lol...i have not been doing good eating and couldnt figure out why but i just got my period so I am assuming that would be the reason for the night munchies!! SO hopefully you stop eating crap and eat some real food!!!!

sugamomma-yeah you seemed a little zoned out like you were just having and off day or something...hopefully you can get some help or do what you need to so you can get meds!!!

Ok well I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL HUMP DAY!!!!!
ttyl