Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #16  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Can't stay long. I need to get ready to go to pool tonight.

No official word on the job yet but I spoke to my friend and she said she liked me the best of all the people she had interviewed. She also said that she thinks I could fill in for her soon if she needs someone, and she's the head of the department. Sounds very promising. I'm hoping to hear in the next day or two.

I went to the dr today and had my cholesterol checked. I'm interested to see if it's high. I've been eating very poorly the last 2 or 3 weeks. Help! I have worked out some, which is odd, but the food...

Karen!

Amarie: I bet you are glad to be home! You've been traveling a lot.

Emmy: Good for you being so proactive. Let us know how it goes.

Jerzy: I've been going over budgets too and trying to guess what my potential new salary will be. It takes off so much stress when you can get a handle on $$.

Sassy: new clothes always make you feel better, even if nobody sees them.

Heather: Still thinking about you and sending you good vibes!

Leenie, Buddly, Cathy (welcome back), and everybody else!

Last edited by hope4me; 04-01-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/228/199

Height: 5'3

Hello! *waves* I don't have time to reply to everyone, but I read all your responses, I promise!

Talking with my pastor was really nice. She suffers from SAD, and so her parlor is really well-lit, with huge windows and white lacy curtains that don't block the sun. She plied me with tea and cookies and we just talked for a good hour, and it was really good. She's a really amazing woman and I just feel so safe in her presence, it allowed me to truly relax for the first time in awhile.

Now I'm going to go swimming, because I think if I increase my activity level that will help drive out the depression (along with helping me on my weight loss journey . . .).

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. It helps.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #18  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Ughhhhhhhhh I tried out my mini stepper today and it totally kicked my butt. I was tired after 1 min..but I pushed myself to do 5 mins. I'm gonna do more after a little break. I'm doing pretty good on my calories so far too. Fitday is really helping out a lot!!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 5"

Yay for 5 minutes! Just that will get your endorphins going.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #20  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi Girls.

Boy when I woke up tonight I felt like crapola. I woke up earlier in the day sick. I took some meds and went back to bed. I forced myself to go to work though since our one co-worker I figured would be out because his dad died last week and he did call in, I took the call, poor guy sounded so sad. He couldn't even talk........I feel for him. I remember when my dad died, it was heart-wrenching. Not only the death, but watching my mother go through it too.

Anywho. I had the strangest dream!!! I was a witch, but I looked like the exorcist chick -- scary! And I would jump into people's cars and make them crash, then take over their bodies! Totally freaky!!! Anybody dare to interpret that dream? lol.

I only ate a little something today, as I felt crappy, but I am feeling much better now. I am mostly just so thristy!!! I think I am partly dehydrated or something.

We got our monthly "newsletter" from our owner of our complex. I don't know if its just how she writes the thing or what, but it always just irritates me! lol. She has a way of saying stuff about people without actually mentioning their names, but you know who she is talking about, just drives me insane! Why not just come out and tell that person what they are doing wrong instead of making it public for everyone to see? And the person who is actually "doing" whatever it is probably doesn't even know that she is talking about "Them". UGH. Just seems so "highschoolish" to me. I can't stand people who "beat around the bush" just tell me already! lol. But I guess she thinks she is being "polite" or whatever. Who knows what that lady thinks. lol.

OH! lastnight I found a nice condo for rent, close to the in-laws and our friends. DH is gonna call about it tomorrow. Lets all keep our that we can get out of our apt. once and for all!!! Then talk about happy, man oh man I think I will have to have a party for that one! lol. You all wanna come? lol.

I will come back later and do Indivduals.....

Take Care All,

Old 04-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

Jerzy~I did 10 mins after that 5..and man, I'm sooooooooooooo tired right now. LoL!! I only did the 10 mins on accident cuz I got all caught up on the movie I was watching, lol.

Sassy~Okay..that dream is creepy!! LOL!!! I have no clue what it means, sorry. OMG!! I hate getting those stupid newsletters!!!! I dread getting them. Like every section on base gets their own special newsletter. Talk about a waste of paper, lol.

Anyways...I'm gonna go eat dinner and wait for my shows to come on.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:13 PM   #22  
~Believe~

Franicie -- Yeah tell me about it. I woke up like, "Wow was that a dream or was I watching a movie?" lol. Maybe I should email Steven Speilburg, he might be interested! lol!!! Then you all could say, "hey I know that chick that the movie is based on!" lol.....Yeah every month there is always something in there that just irritates me. That woman acts like she is a teenager. lol. I think she enjoys it. lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #23  
Starting Again

Hi

Can't stay now. I have a second interview today at 3pm with the head honcho and 2 other people. What is this, the Spanish Inquisition? Wish me luck!!

BBL
Old 04-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #24  
I was born this way hey!

Sassy~LOL!! Maybe Tom Hanks will star in the movie!!! But who would play you??? Some people just cant let go of their teenage years. She could've peaked in high school and been stuck there ever since. LOL!! My mom's 56 year old cousin dresses like she's 16. Its NASTY!!!!!

Omg..I did this workout dvd today...'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred' and ughhhh my legs are all wobbly right now, lol. If I'm ever on TBL, I wanna be on her team!!! LoL!!

My damn weight keeps bouncing around. I dont get it. I'm never gonna lose the 5 pounds. I keep working out and I'm eating right and I either go up a pound or go down a pound. I dont get what I'm doing wrong. I'm so frustrated.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hey ladies, just popping in and trying to get the energy to DO something besides sit around and feel "blah".

cheers to you all!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #26  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hi all!

Iris - ((((energy)))) There! I've sent you a wave of it! Hope it helps.

Sassy - OK, I don't want to go all psychobabble, but that one to me sounds like a dream about trying to be someone you're not and live someone else's life. But then I could squeeze meaning out of a car alarm if I tried hard enough! Lol! I think it must have been a VERY wierd dream.

Francie - seriously? 10 min? What movie were you watching? I used to try to ride my bike on my indoor trainer while watching movies, but I never found anything so interesting that I lost track of time and kept pedaling! You rock.

Hope - Woot! Yay, call-back! I think this means they like you. I hope you like them too! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jerzy - I here you on budget woes. we can do it!

Well, today was my first day back in the strange semi-normalcy that is my life. I got up, went to work, rode bike to class, came back to work, actually got things accomplished. Whoa. You know, I kinda like my life... that is such a rare feeling for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't like my job (really, who does), but on a whole I have it pretty good. Dang this prozac stuff must be working!

The problem is, now that I finally appreciate what I have, its going to be harder to leave it all to go back to school. I'll be going from having my own house and a job that pays in the top 2/3 of my region's income range, to going back to school full time and living off the about $11K a year that I'll be able to scrape together as a TA. But then again, this is the best chance I can think of to set myself up for long-tern non-prozac dependent happiness. Aughghghgh!

OK, thanks for letting me vent. everyone!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #27  
I was born this way hey!

Amarie~I was watching a movie on Lifetime, LOL!! I like to workout during those afternoon movies, lol.

My thighs are killing me right now. That dvd totally kicked my butt for sure!! Jillian is evil, but I love her!! LoL!! And not only that, but we walked around the mall twice (I find walking in the mall is much more motivating than walking around the neighborhood, lol. And I got to buy things!!). And then we walked around Target. I did get to buy 2 more workout dvds, and TBL Success Secrets book!! YAY!! For my reward for doing so much stuff today..Dh is taking me to go see Stop Loss. So yay!! LoL!!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:30 PM   #28  
~Believe~

Cool Hi Chicks.

Hi Chicks.

Well you will never beleive it. Yup I moved again (at work) ..........Only this time my stuff was moved for me! Which is unusual since they usually only do that if you get fired!!

But alas I was not fired.......I am still here. Downstairs, with all the others, so we are all "together" again. lol. Sounds like Humpty Dumpty, doesn't it? lol.

My Boss approved my time off for next week, so I get to leave early next Wed. so then DH & I can hopefully go to the Outlet Mall on the Thursday after.

I put the part about my dream in a different color so if your interested, you can read, but if you are not, then you can skip it.
About the dream -- that very well could be, Amarie, but for the 1st time ever I feel like I am really "living" my life for me. So I dunno. I looked up some things in the dream dictionary and it said:

Crash -- To dream that you are in a car crash, indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. Alternatively, car crashes may forewarn of your dangerous or careless driving habits.

Witch

To see a witch in your dream, represents evil, destructive, and dangerous feminine forces. It may point to your negative ideas of the feminine and your experiences with heartless women. Alternatively, a witch is symbolic of goodness, power and enchantment.

Evil

To dream that someone or something is evil, denotes a repressed and/or forbidden aspect of yourself. This part of yourself may be seeking recognition and acknowledgment. Alternatively, evil may also be a reflection of your strong, negative emotions like hate, anger, etc.

Murder

To dream that you have committed a murder, indicates that you are putting an end to an old habit and your former ways of thinking. This could also mean an end to an addiction. Alternatively, you may have some repressed aggression or rage at yourself or at others.

Driving

To dream that you are driving a vehicle, signifies your life's journey and your path in life. The dream is telling of how you are moving and navigating through life. If you are driving and cannot see the road ahead of you, then it indicates that you do not know where you are headed in life and what you really want to do with yourself. You are lacking direction and goals. If you are driving on a curvy road, then it indicates that you are have difficulties in achieving your goals and the changes associated with it.

To dream that someone else is driving you, represents your dependence on the driver. You are not in control of your life and following the goals of others instead of your own. If you are driving from the passenger side of a car, then it suggests that you are trying to gain control of the path that your life is taking. You are beginning to make your own decisions.

Got the above info from: Dream Moods

So this is my interpretation from the above:

I think it means that I have finally "taken back" my life from that evil part of me that I had towards food. And so by "taking over" the bodies of the people, I am taking back my life? What do you think?

Francie -- as for who would play me.......hmmmmmm. Maybe Jennifer Love Hewitt? Maybe she is too "Perky" for me though. lol. I just would not want a wafer thin girl to play me cuz even after I lose my weight, I know I won't be that thin. lol. Trying to think of plus size chicks that aren't old enough to be my mom. lol. I think Roseanne is probably more me, but she is older. lol. Yeah I can see the owner of our complex being a 50 something or however old she is teenager. Cuz that is how she acts. lol. And don't be so hard on yourself missy, you'll lose the 5 pounds and also remember, muscle weighs more than fat does.

Well thats about it.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:42 PM   #29  
Starting Again

Quick check in!

Sassy, I'm going to re-read the dream explanation tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. I think those are fun to try to figure out.

Shop: I did the Jillian Michael's shred video # 1 tonight. Well, I did it from my 'ON Demand' cable channel and it was 30 minutes long or a little less with the commercial they throw in. How long is the actual DVD? And yeah, I'm wobbly too!! Does the dvd have part 1 and 2? I haven't done 2 yet. I had done 1 before and was sore for a couple of days.

Iris: I did a LOT of sitting around feeling blah last year. I hope you get the energy you need. At least just chat with us.

Heather: as always still thinking about you

The interview went well again today. They said though that they were talking to a couple of people from 'within', so they may have the advantage. I do think they like me though. I should know within a week.

Amarie: I want to be like you and make some decent $$. What is it you do again, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #30  

Height: 5' 5"

y'all. my cats sleep inside almost every night. they go in and out during the day, but sleep inside.

well my cat slipped outside when i was locking up around 10 p.m. and I can't get her to come back.

i keep hearing cat fighting. i assume she would have come to my calling, though, if she was unhappy to be outside.

i just don't want her to get hurt. vet bills and sick cats are not in the plan this week.
Closed Thread