Old 04-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #61  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey Julie!

We posted at the same time!
Good to see you checking in!

Are you going to post the May Challenge for us? (wink wink nudge nudge)

Is MsRD still on vacation? If so, she's got a valid excuse.

But where are the rest of the chicks?!
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #62  
"workin' on my fitness"

hey, chicas! Whew, what a weekend, and 2 days. It's just been a long day, trying to catch up on what everyone left for me. When I'm out, I guess they figure that it's not important to make sure I don't get behind. Sigh. Job security, I suppose.

Did my first official drive in to the office from here this morning, but with a side trip back to the townhouse to get my Sunpass prepaid toll thingie from hubby's car, and to check the mail for checks and bills that needed to be handled. Tonight hubby is at the townhouse/remains of his office working on some critical things. When we set up the move, he had a clear schedule, but that never seems to last. So, mid-move, the poo is hitting the fan, he can't dismantle everything because he was still working, and our first week in the new house together, well, hasn't been all that together. And I can't complain- I was the one whining about it'd be August and we'd still be in the old house if we didn't just up & do it.

Lots of emotions about clearing out of the old place. Big changes. Hubby's spent 18 years there, so that's a big chunk of his adulthood, and his independance. Our first years together. And little things on both ends that just complicate things, and frustrate you to the point where you just want to throw up your hands and just have a good cry. I'm the more flexible, more tolerant one, so I can only imagine how poor hubby is.

Ok, I'm rambling, and I don't think I have a lot more to contribute, at least not while I'm sweatty and yucky. I'll post in the morning- hopefully my new, test-out schedules will make life easier, and give me some private time to check in. Toying with 7:30-4 w/ a half hour lunch. Would really be nice to getin & get out, and be done. Wish me luck.

Night for now, ladies. Miss you all! Julie, please, please, please come up with something for May for us- with small things falling into place, I think I might be able to work up some of that mojo.
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #63  

Hello!

Just got a minute, so this will be short......promise to catch up tomorrow! Vacation was wonderful......we went thru Pennsylvania and then south into Virginia......Gettysburg, Amish/Pennsylvania Dutch country/Norfolk Naval Station/Colonial Williamsburg, and then a beautiful drive thru the Appalachian Mountains and on home. AND (insert drum roll here), I came home weighing the same as when I left!!! This is no small miracle, as I ate terribly, got very little water and exercise!

I came home to puter problems......minor stuff really, but it has been so busy this week playing catchup that I haven't had time to deal with it! All is well now.

DH has decided to have the RNY gastric bypass......we went to an orientation meeting this week and nothing there dissuaded him, so, as soon as we can get the insurance companies in agreement, I guess it is a go. I have been quite freaky about this.....major surgery, major lifestyle change....but they were very kind and patient at the meeting, and answered all our questions, so I am beginning to feel a little better about it.....I think.

Whew! My eating is still 'off' this week.....so hard to get back into the swing of things! I will be looking forward to the May Challenge .....have to get refocused!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:19 PM   #64  
Bound and Determined

Afternoon chickies!

Julie: See, we just have to whine a little about everyone being gone, and POOF! They magically appear! Now we just have to find Joy, she’s been gone way too long. And Betani… wonder how she’s doing?... TBJ is around here somewhere.

MsRD: Sounds like you have a wonderful vacation! You should have let me know you were in the area, we could have met up! But, I know you like your anonymity as well as I do, and I know you didn’t know exactly where you were heading, so I suppose I can forgive you this time. Great job on making it through vacation without gaining!

Jennifer: Congrats on finally getting moved in! It takes a while getting used to. It is still weird for me driving past my old exit on the interstate. And it’s really weird going to my parents’ house now. But you’ll settle in soon enough, and then you’ll be good to go! My first night in our house was alone too. I had wanted to wait until a night when Steve could be there with me, but it just wasn’t in the cards.  Oh well. I was asleep anyway.

So, I’m way late posting today. I got slammed at work this morning, about 9 different things to do before noon. I’ve busy the rest of the day too, but I’m taking my lunch hour! I’m sitting here eating a Lean Cuisine, mini rice cakes, and a banana, and someone in the office ordered pizza and chicken wings. The smells wafting through are sooooo tempting. I almost went out for a salad just to get away from it. But then I realized that I have to stay here and wait on a phone call, so no luck there. So here I sit, eating Lean Cuisine. Weee.

What else? My mind is spinning right now.

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. And then at some point I realized that I was wrong. How disappointing.

I finished my grocery shopping last night. More healthy stuff, with 1 exception: shells and cheese. I know, not good. But it just feels like my pantry is not completely without some shells and cheese. So I’m weird.

I really didn’t want to work out when I got home last night. I made myself a lean cheeseburger (FF cheese, LF mayo, WW bun, even lean ground beef) for dinner, then played on the computer for a while. But then after my dinner settled for a bit I talked myself into exercising. I did another 30 minutes on the bike plus my weights and stretches. Water was good, and calories came in at 1708.

This morning I didn’t want to exercise either. I was up late last night due to exercising. But I did. I actually did my Yourself!Fitness workout this morning, so I am pretty much done for the day. Yay! It did take me a bit longer than I would have liked, which means I need to get up even earlier. It made me feel rushed, and I hate feeling rushed, especially in the morning. Bleh. I like to be able to sit and drink my coffee and read my email.

I will probably take Ella for a walk this evening though, just because she’s been so freaking energetic it’s maddening. I was going to make some lasagna in the crockpot today, because my mom was going to come over for dinner, but she told me she’s not coming, so I didn’t bother with the lasagna. I’ll fix myself something semi-quick when I get home.

On the docket this weekend: lots of cooking, cleaning, and laundry. Hopefully Mom and Dad will finally stop by, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Steve and I are going to do our wedding registry Saturday afternoon. I’ll see if I can squeeze some relaxation time in there somewhere.

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
1 c. coffee w/FF creamer
Cappuccino: 4 oz. skim milk, 4 oz. coffee
2 sl. ww toast, 1 T. LF mayo, 1 sl. FF cheese, 1 sausage patty

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Chicken Teriyaki
Mini cheddar rice cakes
Banana

Snack:
Trail mix with nuts and berries (they were out of dried apricots!)

Dinner:
TBD

OK, I need to get back to work. I hope you’re all having a good day!
~Elisha
Old 04-27-2006, 11:11 PM   #65  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default It's late...

so this is going to be quick and filled with lots of typos, I'm sure! My eyes are half closed...some of you know that if it's after 11, I turn into a PUMPKIN!!!!

Anyway...food today...not so great! What else is new? I have been trying to get in at least 3 fruits and/or veggies a day. I did do that today, so that was a good thing.

Water was good. Best day in a while at around 80 oz.!

Exercise...Blah! Other than the walking I do at work and the running around with DD in the yard, it's been non existant this month.

I'm feeling fat! Really fat. Like the kind of fat that you feel when your rolls touch each other when you sit down or bend a certain way! My pants are all tight. I don't feel good about myself. I don't like it either! I'm joining Weight Watchers in May...sometime. I have to run it by DH first, but I really don't care what he says...I'm doing it. I just want to give him the courtesy of working it into the budget! May is tight with lots coming up, but hey...I'm so worth it! I'm sick of being fat and gaining and not doing anything about it!

So there... ...there's my rant! Sorry it wasn't more positive. I promise the May challenge will be MUCH more psoitive...and I WILL put it up this weekend!

Gawd...I'm so busy...I hate end of month...rush, rush, rush! Do this, do that!!!! Ahhhhhhh! I just want to pull my hair out of my friggin head this time of month! I'm sure you all can relate!

MsRD...Welcome back! I missed you. Glad you had a good time. Sorry about puter probs! That sucks!

Elisha...too funny...I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday too! It's soooo disappointing when reality slaps you in the face, isn't it? We survivied, didn't we? And I hear you taling about Mac & Cheese (I don't care about brand), but I HAVE to have some comfort food in the house! I have boxes of the stuff because I was so used to having it on hand when Kaleigh was younger...she's not so into it anymore, but I could eat a whole BOX of it!!! Tsk, tsk!

Jennifer...When ever you slow down, you can email me! I know you are busy! I miss you!

TBJ...How's the knee coming along? And the new meds? Still working well for you? Please check in! I miss you when you don't! Enjoying some of that Pacific air, I hope!?

Betani, Joy...and anyone else who might be lurking out there...please check in with us! We sitll love you!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 09:37 AM   #66  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

Yesterday turned out to be a so-so day. A little stressful, but that’s what I get for having a job, right? Anyway, calories came in at 1625, water was good, exercise was my Y!F in the morning. Dinner ended up being a big salad and some leftover wheat pasta with a splash of soy sauce. Then I had a chocolate chip cookie. Having just one of those cookies, heated up in the microwave so it’s all nice and gooey, makes me feel like I’m being decadent and normal (as in, not on a diet).

The first time I got on the scale this morning it said 216.2. I hopped on a little while later and it said 215.2. Umm… ok. Either way, I’m down from last week, so it’s all good. Now I just have to hold onto the loss until Monday so it’s official.

Today is my day off from exercise. YAY! I slept in until 6:00 this morning. Wait a minute, can 6:00am really be considered sleeping in? Well anyway, it felt good. And I will hopefully get to sleep in tomorrow too. Hooray for sleep!

Breakfast today was 2 c. coffee w/FF vanilla creamer, a hash brown (cooked with NO oil—only a spritz of Pam to make it crispy), and a bagel w/LF chive cream cheese. I bought the cream cheese the other day because I thought for some reason I needed chive-flavored cream cheese for a recipe, but as it turns out I need chives AND sour cream… I was confused. Obviously. But oh well. It works on bagels.

Steve is taking me out to lunch today. I don’t know where we’re going. Possibly Ruby Tuesday so I can get the salad bar. Yum! I know I don’t really need to go out to eat, for a couple of reasons, but I never get to see Steve during the week, and we always seem to be busy during the weekends, so it’s nice to just spend some time together.

Dinner… most likely salmon. Broccoli, a salad. Yeah. Mmmm… salmon.

I’m going to do some laundry tonight. Hopefully I can get a good bit of it done so I don’t have to rush around so much the rest of the weekend. We’ll be out a good bit tomorrow, visiting my parents and registering and possibly getting some stuff for the house. I hope I can get some other stuff done at home though, cleaning and cooking. There are so many yummy things I want to cook, and I bought all the ingredients, I just need the time. *sigh* That’s the hard part. And then Sunday my parents are coming over. Mom wants to go over wedding stuff, and I want her to help me plan my garden (or at least tell me which ones are weeds and which ones are supposed to be there), and we want Dad to give us advice on some remodeling projects (mostly which ones need done first and how much they will cost).

I was thinking about the house last night, and I realized that I’d really like to have some things done before we have kids. Like the floors. There’s icky, old, disgusting carpet throughout the house now. Someone glued it to the lovely hardwood floors underneath. Morons. And now Ella has ripped a few holes in the carpet. So yeah, the carpet needs torn up and the floors refinished. That project won’t be incredibly expensive, it will just be a lot of work and a big huge mess. And both of the bathrooms need completely redone—floors, walls, fixtures (well, the main bath has a new sink and toilet, but they don’t match—again, morons), lights, everything. The dining room needs new drywall, which, again, isn’t incredibly expensive, but time consuming and messy. We’ll probably do the whole dining room—walls and floor—at the same time. The bedrooms all need the walls and floors redone, and almost all of the windows need replaced. The windows aren’t really that bad, it’s just that they all still have original wood sills, and some of them are deteriorating. Not only that, but the morons painted most of them shut. *shakes her head*

OK, I just talked to Steve, and there’s been a change of plans. His parents want to take us out to dinner, so we’re not going out to lunch, and I’m not cooking salmon tonight (I’ll probably have it tomorrow, as it is fish and therefore needs to be cooked soon). But, as I didn’t bring a lunch with me, so I’ll have to go out to get something. That’s ok. I’ll get a salad or a sandwich or something healthy. No fast food for me! I’ve only got 3 days left, I’m not going to blow it now.

So anyway, I need to get moving. Still dealing with remnants of yesterday’s craziness, but it’s not so bad today. Hopefully everyone is out enjoying the beautiful weather and won’t be sending me crap to do! Hey, a girl can dream!

Have a good weekend, chicks!
~Elisha
Old 04-28-2006, 12:34 PM   #67  
"workin' on my fitness"

Afternoon, chickies! Today is the official "move the office" for hubby day. He's already tearing apart his computer, and bundling up all the accessories. When I get to the house tonight, the first thing we'll be doing is setting him up, and testing everything. It'll sure be nice to have him underfoot all the time

Last night I dropped by to see him on the way home, and that ended up in a 5 hour date I was missing him, and he had to do 2 inspections, so I went along for the ride. At 8pm, we stopped and had dinner at PF changs. I haven't eaten much at all this week- from working on the unpacking & stuff, I've been overheated, and not hungry for the most part. So, our splurge last night won't have done a lot of damage. Anyway, by the time we got back to the old house, it was well after 9pm, and I decided to stay there- crashed on a blanket on the floor, but at least got to spend quantity and quality time with hubby. He worked until nearly 2am to get everything finished, and then came to bed. No more floors, as of tonight.

I'll check in tonight, hopefully, once I get him all set up. I might be offline if we can't get the wireless network all hooked up, but as long as he can get on, and work, that's the main thing. Oh, I should bring my laptop & I can dial up, just in case. Good thinking!

Have a wonderful weekend, chickies!
**Jennifer** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:33 PM   #68  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Wow. I completely suck at keeping up with posting.

I have to schedule an appointment with my doctor soon. I'm finally going to talk to him about my depression, increasing mood swings, and stubborn cholesterol, along with a stoic acne outbreak on my forehead that's been there since January and doesn't respond to any soap on the market.

I just bought Leslie Sansone's "Essential Walker's Journal", and I think I'll use it with next month's challange, if I can get my act together enough to post!

Man, today is WAY to nice to be at work! Well, my boss did say that as long as I kept my head propped up and looked like I was working she wouldn't say anything... And, she did say that if we all left quietly, one by one, no one would notice... Ehh. The day's almost over anyway.

Tonight I am going to my SIL's wedding rehersal. I'm feeling kinda anti-social, but I'll do my best to be attentive. DH is singing in the wedding, and he's an usher. She got a two-fer with him! He's excited about it, though. He doesn't know the groom very well, and he really really hopes he treats her right.

I've got to do my best not to over-snack tonight, since today was a retirement party for someone in one of the other departments. Too many creamy type pasta and broccoli salads, and fried chicken! Gotta be careful tonight.

Okay, I'd better post this before I get side-tracked AGAIN.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #69  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

BTW, speaking of journals...

Does anyone here like guided journals? I just got a couple from journalsunlimited.com, and they are really cool! Just thought I'd share.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #70  
motomom

Default It's even later...

than last night, but I was just talking on the phone to a very good friend that I haven't talked to in months. Funny thing. She lives in Alabama...and I'm here in Michigan. Haven't talked in months. She says..."Well, I'm joining WW next week!" I'm like "No way...me too!" On Tuesday...at 6pm...both of us! Too funny! So now I have another accountability friend and we will be on the journey together! YEA!!!

I told DH tonight that I was joining and there was pretty much a "non response" from him, as if to say "Yea, I've heard it all before..." Makes me feel REAL motivated about losing, ya know!!! Oh well...I AM motivated and my goal is to be down 20lbs by my birthday on July 25...that's almost 3 months. I just need a jump start here with the weight loss to keep me going since I can't seem to do it on my own. I mean...I KNOW what I have to do...I just can't seem to actually DO it! I'm sure you can relate! Now...my key will be to actually stick with this and really work hard at it the first few weeks! So, I need some enthusiasm here from all of you... LOL!

I did ok with food today. Had Whole grain bread toast with PB & J for b-fast. Lunch was a salad w/ Poppy Seed dressing (probably way too much, but it was good and at least I ate a salad) and supper #1 was a grilled (very greasy) meat & cheese sandwich at work and a candy bar (tsk) and Supper#2 was a cheeseburger on the grill, some crackers & spinach dip and a glass of wine! Not the best choices throughout the day, but better than it could have been, so I will say that was a success!

Water...not as good...Only about 60oz. today.

Exercise...lots of walking at work, but I know that doesn't count! Waaaahhhhh! My foot hurts...have I mentioned that lately? Maybe getting 10# off to start will help with that! I'm also making an appt. with the Podiatrist next week to see if I can get another cortisone shot just to take the edge off for a while! That would be nice!

I'm going to whine a bit here...sorry! I've noticed lately since I really haven't been exercising that my back is really sore...muscle aches all the time, especially in my back ribs which means I am not extending much these days, which means I really have to start at least stretching more routinely again! Probably is why my foot is hurting more, too! Duh! OK...done with my whine. Stretching routine starts tomorrow morning first thing...before anything!

Betani...Sure is good to hear from you. Please keep with us through the May challenge! Do the guided journals have questions that you could share with all of us that we could do our own "journal" of sorts? Maybe this is the time to start something like this again...like a question of the day that Elisha used to do! Let me know.

Jennifer...So glad you got to spend some "quality" time with hubby! I'm sure you enjoyed it! Sounds like you have been working like a work-horse! Maybe this weekend you will have some time to email an old friend...hint, hint!!!! LOL! I'll bet you've lost more than the 4# that keeps popping up in your sig.

Elisha...How was your dinner? Have a good time this weekend with the family. I think Ella's been good for you! She sure sounds like a good dog! Do you have any pics to share? Speaking of that...I was supposed to post my picture of me in my bathing suit a month ago!!!! ARGH! I look worse now, so glad I took them then!

Gotta get some sleep! Hope you all have a great weekend! My nephew is coming over tomorrow, DD has a soccer game & I have to work the concession stand for an hour after her game. I hope the weather is nice! Night all!
Old 04-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #71  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

Helloooo --

Just popping in to say I'm really busy right now, but count me in for May -- I might not post for a week, tho. Hi to everyone! Sorry so short.
TBJ333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 07:57 PM   #72  
motomom

Default The New May Challenge is up!

Come over and check it out!
Here's the link!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83046