Old 07-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #76  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

OK. So here we are. And I'm ok. I'm glad this month is almost over. We can start a new challenge! I'll get something set up over the weekend. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

I'm at 209.4 this morning, which is surprising, since we went out for wings last night. I'm actually down (a tad). I figured with all the salt I'd be way up. But I'm glad I'm not. So my goal for the month of August is 205.0. I remember saying once upon a time that 5 pounds a month is easy. Well, it doesn't seem to easy now. But nonetheless, I'm going to do it.

Lisa--Sorry to hear about your back! I get back problems occasionally too, so I know where you're at. It sucks! Feel better soon!

Julie--At this time last year we were both doing so well--remember? And now we are both up! You wanted to be hiking in the Adirondacks, and I wanted to be lying on the beach in a bikini this summer, but apparently neither of those things was meant to be. I think it's about time to whip out the questions/quotes again for the next challenge, what do you think? Come join us on Joy's 12-week Habit-Forming Challenge. We'll get through this, and one day all of us will be thin and fit and we'll all go hiking in the mountains and lounge around by a lake together looking fabulous!

Anyway, I've got work to do. Have a super day, chicks.
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #77  

Hello!
I went shopping at the mall after work......had to pick up a birthday present for a friend and a present for an upcoming wedding.....successful on both counts. There were a lot of summer sales going on, but I didn't feel like trying on clothes......caught sight of myself walking (waddling?) down an aisle on a closed-circuit camera.....wow! That was a wake-up call!

Elisha......Get that post-it on the scale NOW, chickie! No reason to torture yourself any further. Better yet, take the scale and put it away for awhile......let how you feel and how your clothes fit be a guide to where you are.

Julie.....So sorry you are feeling down. A vacation is just what you need......a good break in routine might just re-align your priorities.

Lisa....I hope your trip to the doctor has helped your back. Being in constant pain drains the chemical in your brain (serotonin?) and that can lead to depression. No reason to suffer when you don't have to!

I am really lookng forward to a new challenge......renewing old goals and forming new healthy habits. These last few days of the month, I really do a lot of thinking.... I don't seem to be making any progress, and it is soooo easy to get discouraged. I have to do something to get this turned around, but what? Hopefully, I will have an answer by August 1!

Kinda sore today......been walking with Leslie and she has been a real knee-lifting slave driver! Maybe I should take tonight off? OK OK! Gotta do at least a mile!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 PM   #78  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Evening chickies...I'm feeling better today, thank you!

Had a nice dinner tonight with my Uncle and my cousin's son from Las Vegas. They drove my sister's (spare) car from Oregon to my Mom's in Northern Michigan and then met us today here in West Michigan. That's a long run on sentence and I'm sure you don't care! But the point is, it was nice to see my Uncle (he's a funny guy and very generous!). We had dinner at a restaraunt on the Grand River overlooking the docks where all the REALLY expensive boats are docked! Then we walked the docks and checked out all the boats after dinner. My sister and her 3 boys and my brother, DH and DD were there also. The kids had fun together and my sister and I got to chat for a while!

When we got home, I decided that I wanted to go for a bike ride, so DD and I rode a couple of miles around the neighborhood. It felt good to move! I think my body is craving that! And the fact that the heat and humidity is down considerably the last couple of days doesn't hurt!

There were more calories and carbs than needed to be for today, but I did make some healthy choices (like fruit and eggs for breakfast and veggies at lunch). I didn't have the fried perch for dinner (like everyone else did) and had a really yummy Quesadilla with cheese & veggies. Of course, there was a bit of sour cream involved! Oh, and coffee with Kahlua!

MsRD....Glad you got some good deals shopping. Those cameras should be outlawed!!! I hate them!!! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I DO appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather!

Elisha...Didn't you say you weren't weighing until Friday...and that was just yesterday, wasn't it? Silly girl!!! I'm with MsRD....get those post it notes out and use a bunch if you have to!!! Or give Steve that scale of yours and tell him to HIDE it!!! Maybe that is a habit you can start to work on!!!

Alright chickies. I'm heading to bed! Wonder where everyone is????????????
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:36 AM   #79  
Bound and Determined

Morning chicks!

OK, so I completely (and conveniently) forgot about the no-weighing thing. I'll tell you what, though. I've decided to do my 6 Day Body Makeover after all, just because nothing else is working for me right now. I have most of the food I need, I just need to stop and get a few more things tonight. I'm going to start Saturday and prepare most of my food for the week. I'll weigh in Saturday morning, then not again until next Saturday. Does that sound OK to everyone? But just for the record I'd like to note that I read an article on the Maintainers forum yesterday (I forget where it was taken from though) that said that about half of all successful losers and maintainers weigh themselves daily. So !

Yesterday was bad. Pizza Hut again (just for the record, that new cheesy twist crust pizza isn't very good), and Ben & Jerry's again. I was planning to exercise, but I fell asleep right after dinner. I am so tired all the time (including right now)!

OK, I've got to get moving. Lots of work to do today. I'm so glad it's almost the weekend.

Have a good one, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 07-28-2005, 09:24 PM   #80  

Evening all!

We just got back from a Classic Car Cruise Night at a ice cream shop near us......what fun! They had old cars like ours, muscle cars, hot rods, motorcycles.... DD & SIL & DGS met us there......also found some of our friends there too.

Today was a mess, food wise. I hopped on the scale this morning.....up a pound!.....so frustrating! That put me in a foul mood and I proceeded to eat everything in sight......ending up with pizza and ice cream for dinner! *sigh* That didn't solve anything, so will have to try something different next time!

Julie.....The cooler weather is wonderful! I really need to get out in the garden.....weeds are taking over! Glad you had a good visit with your uncle and family....and good job on the good food choices!

Elisha.....Good idea to start a new program.....obviously Pizza Hut and Ben & Jerrys just aren't doing it for you :;: ?

Really tired tonight.....brain has stopped functioning......so will say good night.....
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:55 PM   #81  
motomom

Default Thursday Eve

Evening chickies! Not much to report. Wanted to say that I went for another bike ride tonight with DD. Just around the neighborhood, but it feels good to move! Food today was ok...I gotta stop the mindless munching, though! Had a nice salad for lunch and supper was late...some leftover antipasta salad. Yummmy! I'm tempted to eat some leftover swiss rolls (from yesterday's birthday party at work, which I "forgot" to mention in my post yesterday...it did involve brownies and icecream! ) but I am resisting that urge.

Did I mention my new sugar free iced coffee concoction? It's yummy, especially in this HOT weather! I never drink a whole pot of coffee, so I refrigerate it and heat it up the next day. Well, my Dad was drinking an iced coffee drink one day and I asked him where he got it...he MADE it. His had all sugar stuff in it and instant coffee, but I thought..."I could make that with sugar free stuff"...so I did. Here's the recipe:

1 cup Coffee heated (you can make as much as you want but I will give you a recipe for one serving)
1 pkg. SF hot chocolate
1 Tbsp SF powdered creamer or liquid creamer (you can adjust this to taste)
Dissolve hot choc. mix in coffee, add creamer, add ice as desired.
OK, I know this is pretty much a no brainer, but I just discovered I could make this at home by the PITCHER and save $ !!! (duh!)

OK, the hip/foot saga continues: (If you are bored with this whole saga, don't read any further!!!)
I had PT today and the PT is puzzled as to why my foot is still hurting even though I am doing all the stuff I am supposed to be doing. She and her partner scrutinzed my shoes and inserts. They discovered that my RIGHT foot is actually wearing harder than my left foot (which makes sense to me because I am really pampering my left one)...Anyway...they set me up with an appt. for tomorrow (consult) with a Sports Med "person" (not sure if she is a PT or athletic trainer or what...) to see if she could give me some more info on this "injury" and maybe some things I could do for it.

My doctor won't give me a cortisone shot this close to my hiking trip (even though I told her I probably wouldn't hike much) because she said I needed to be off of it as much as possible for a week or two after the shot. (My husband thinks she's crazy!) She will order some other kind of treatment, though but I probably won't be able to get in for an eval and tx before I leave next weekend to get it done...but we shall see! I don't know why I waited so long to treat my foot. I guess maybe I was hoping it would just "go away"!! Silly me!!!

I'm feeling a little less anxious about my whole situation (the weight gain, the back/foot problems, etc.) and trying to just accept the place that I am in right now. I know I worked hard in the last year or so and I know I can do it again (without pain) and I will, but now is just not the right time! I'm hopeful that I will heal and be healthier than ever! That's just the state of mind I am in right now...maybe it's the fresh air and exercise talking! but it feels good anyway to think a little more positively, wouldn't you agree?

OH! Guess what? DH came home with balloons and cards and a birthday present tonight for me! He went and got a clock for me (which I desperately needed!) It made me happy! And all three cards were "belated" birthday" cards. Very cute! He's off my **** list now! Better late than NEVER!!!!

MsRD...I didn't realize that pain could lead to depression...I mean it makes sense and all, but I didn't realize HOW it could happen. Perhaps I have been struggling mentally with that with all of this pain I have been having! Hmmm...something to ponder. Thanks for the insight!

Elisha...You are tired because (do I need to tell you or do you know?) 1. You don't get enough protein in your diet, and 2. you are not exercising like you want/need to!!! I feel the same way!! Let's get going again in August. Of course, it will be a "choppy" month for me, but I do feel a bit more motivated and I had an idea to go along with our new 12 week habit forming challenge.

Idea time
Tell me what everyone thinks...We will all take turns doing this...like a rotation schedule...could be a weekly thing. Here's the idea: Post a daily menu (using points, calories or whatever you are using for a "diet") and a new recipe to go with it. I like to see what others do for their menus each day and I love to get new recipes...I thought everyone would like that. So, if you want to join in with that, let's do it! It could be a lot of fun!

End of idea. End of post. Stil lhave lots to do tonight. I'm tired and hurting and want to go to bed, but too much to do...

Hugs!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 AM   #82  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

I'm alive!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!
Feeling better with the back, but I am going to try to baby it as much as possible. I hate back problems...but, it's just the way it is. I am going to vow right now to do my ab strengthening exercises to help combat this. It's time for PT I think. And my BIL, who lives next door, is really good with PT. Julie, I'm going to go over today and ask him about your heel. He has really helped me in the past.

The good news is that I am down a bit in weight. It's been a yo-yo thing this week. The meds I am on for my back are making me HUNGRY..and for SWEETS!! GRRRRR!!!! But, again, that's life. I am near my goal, and it has not been easy, but it does feel so good. Here's my thing- I don't want to leave you guys...can I stay with you anyway? I would be lonely without checking in and "talking" to you all. I will need to maintain, It's not like I can just jump back into my old habits and expect this to stay off.

Hope you all have a blessed day. I need to go shower and start the day. The boys get to meet the teachers at school today. My 5 yr. old is starting Kindergarten (sniff, sniff). Oh, boy, this girl is gonna be cryin the first day of school!!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 08:44 AM   #83  
Bound and Determined

Morning ladies!

Lisa--Of COURSE you can stay! You're right, you will need to maintain, and after all, we need a cheerleading section!

Julie--I like your idea. I too like reading new recipes and seeing what other people are doing and how it's working.

MsRD--Pizza AND ice cream? That's no way to eat healthy, and I should know! Come on, let's climb back up on the wagon together.

There's been a change of plans for my 6 Day Body Makeover. First off, I went through the book again, and I need more food than I thought I did, and I can't really afford it at this point. Second, we're getting company this weekend, and Mom has planned out lots of stuff for us to do on Saturday, so I'll have no time to cook. So either I'll cook and start on Sunday, or I'll wait until the 13th to start (after payday). I'm still going to try to incorporate some of the ideas--fewer carbs, less red meat, etc--between now and then, but I'm not going to expect myself to follow that very strict diet until I am completely prepared, because if I do it won't work. I AM going to do it, just not Saturday.

Can I just say that I'm really glad it's Friday?! I am so ready for a day off it's not even funny.

OK, gotta go. Have a good day, chicks.
~Elisha
Old 07-29-2005, 09:07 AM   #84  
Bound and Determined

Oh, I forgot to tell you, I actually did 20 straight minutes on the elliptical last night. I didn't want to, but I did it anyway. I quit after that because my back had been hurting and I didn't want to strain it too much. And I was really glad I quit when I did, because when I went to bed my back was killing me and it was uncomfortable just to lay there. But I'm ok today, so I will try to exercise again tonight.

I did feel really proud though because I haven't gone 20 minutes straight on my elliptical before, the most I've done previously is 15. I usually do 10 or 15, then a set of weights, then more cardio, then more weights, etc. But last night I just kept going, because by the 15 minute mark I had already decided that was all I was going to do. The weight machine always makes my back hurt more (if it's already acting up--if it's not it makes no difference).

Anyway, I'm really shutting up now.
~Elisha
Old 07-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #85  
motomom

Smile Good News

I am happy to report that I am now able to bear weight on my foot without pain!!!!! At least not as MUCH pain! I went to the Sports Med clinic today and the Athletic trainer showed me how to tape my heel to alleviate most of the pain. I am shopping around now for inserts for my foot. But I just wanted to share this with all of you. If anyone EVER gets Plantar Fascitis, refer them to me! I can fix it with a couple of pieces of athletic tape!! Now...if I can just start getting in shape for next week...HA!!!

Anyway...that's all I had for now! But couldn't wait to share with all of you! It feels soooooo good to be without pain in my foot!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #86  
Bound and Determined

Julie, that's wonderful news! It's great to hear you're feeling better!

~Elisha
Old 07-30-2005, 10:42 AM   #87  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Yay, Julie...that is MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote