Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #31  

Good Scale, Very good Scale! I'm down three more pounds this week! I'm so excited!!! YAY!

4.95 miles yesterday.
StarAngel2528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #32  

hello!

Just got in from watering the garden.....it has been miserably hot here and we just keep pouring water on the gardens to keep them alive!

Elisha.....Steve signed the papers on the house? You must be deliriously happy.....there will be so much for you to do......and even though it is work, it is also fun because it is your own place! So glad to hear good news on the kitty......go ahead and spoil her!

Jessica......down three pounds! You are doing so well. Great job!

Lisa.....Welcome back from vacation! It sounds like you had the most wonderful time.....sorry about the laundry situation. Reality sucks.

I got 75 ounces of water in today......not hard to do when it is this hot! Eating was ok...haven't counted up the calories, but they should be all right. Now, if I could just get out of this chair and exercise.......
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:51 PM   #33  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi girls!

Well, I did weigh this morning, and I lost like 1/2 of a pound over the past couple of weeks..I would have thought more than that. I am going down in sizes though...pretty fast..it's odd..DH is on my case BIG TIME and thinks I am losing weight too fast...I wonder what is up with me??? Just had a physical, and I am doing well, just a slightly elevated cholesterol. Hmmm.........I have upped my water big time, and I am eating totally differently than I ever have. I am not doing fast food, and only eating whole foods, and lots of fiber and veggies. I am air popping my pop corn, and I am having very little sodium. It's a good thing..somehow I have managed to stick with this and I am feeling so much better.

I had a good day today!! I really did! Yay for good days!! God knows we need them.

Elisha - Can you tell us a little about your house- what's it like? Maybe I missed this while I was out of town. I know you are so excited!!!

Jessica - WTG with the loss!!!!!!! Hooray!!! Just gets you all pumped up and excited..I love that feeling!

MsRD - Good job with the water! Is your garden big? My FIL, who lives next door, has a garden, and it is really doing well. I love fresh corn, and now he has okra in too! Yum! Oh, and also he is growing canteloupe..which my DH loves (and I hate)..but oh well..you know there's just nothing like fresh veggies!

Joy - How goes it with you?? Hope you are doing terrific!!

Julie - Miss your posts . Hope you are doing great, and hope you had a good day! When's your next camping trip? We are already scheduling our Fall camping trip...I love the pretty leaves that time of year, you know?

Donna - Hi to you! HOpe you are feeling well! How's the weather up your way? It is still raining on and off here...

Well, have a good evening everyone! Blessings to you all....
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi Everybody,

The new regime is going pretty well - the food part needs a little work... but it will come. No exercise today - I was going to mow the lawn ... but... my "good" lawn mower is ready for pick up tomorrow - and it does a 30" pass each time... so I decided to wait til tomorrow and save some time... lazy setting in too I guess. Water is going pretty well.

I've been really busy at work - a little stessful for me cuz I'm filling in for a position I hope to get next month - we are short staffed and I'm not getting it all done....

Yesterday was was reading posts advertised on 3FC home page as recent posts and came across a 12 week challenge.... I've posted a new thread to begin the 1st of August... hope to see you all there.

Anyways gotta go and journal.... and YES Lisa... I must start counting my points with you... that would get my food on track PRONTO.

Hugs,
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #35  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm Here!

Hi everyone..
Sorry I haven't posted much this week. I've had VBS every night right after work, so no time to check posts. We went until 8 every night...so get home, put DD to bed and I usually veg for a few minutes then I go to bed! Phew! I am tired!

Not much to report this week. I will post a longer post later to tell you about my PT appts. I fell the other night at VBS, so that didn't help! I have a huge bruise on my left breast, of all places! OK, well...it's not HUGE, but it's a bruise and it is sore!

I have not been eating terribly this week, but does not eating much at all count? Yesterday I had a ham & cheese roll up nuked for b-fast. Lunch was Chinese (veggies & chicken) and for supper a pop tart! I wasn't hungry for anything. Then after VBS, I treated DD and our babysitter (who went with us all week and loved it) to ice cream and had a cone myself! Probably could have skipped that, but...I didn't! I've not been getting near enough water in these days, but it seems like I am guzzling all the time. Little drinks from the fountain at work, a sip or two from the bottle on my desk...it all adds up, but I'm thirsty every morning!

I am fine, though...really! My heel still hurts like a son of a gun. PT worked on it yesterday a bit and it really didn't hurt all day until late last night after VBS (I had been on my feet all day).

I've got to run...gotta get in the shower and get ready for work! I'm impressed with how well you are all doing this summer! It's sooooo hot here and the thought of hiking this weekend...it's out of the question! I'm staying inside or going to the beach! It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the mega humidity! You can about wring yourself out when you hit the door!!! UGH!

Have a great day for your selves, ladies! Miss you all...I'll be back on this weekend and next week, hopefully on a more regular basis!

Hugs!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 AM   #36  
Bound and Determined

S/C/G: 268/268/150

Height: 5'10"

Morning chicks!

Calories were not so good yesterday. Well, it would have been fine, but Mom pulled out a French silk pie after dinner last night, and I was SOOO craving chocolate, so I had a little slice. And that little slice was an astounding 480 calories! Luckily I was still under for the day (before the pie) and had a bunch of points "in the bank," so it's ok. I still have over 400 calories in the bank. But I used them at breakfast--Steve took me to Hardee's! And it's Pizza Hut day!

And I sure paid for it on the scale this morning: 207.4. I'm not going to let it get me down though. I'm working out tonight! No excuses! I'll come post after I do. I was planning to exercise last night, but it was almost 10 by the time we finished dinner! But we had a lounging type of meal, meaning that there was more talking than eating, so it took us a while. And there were a few courses--salad, then our side dish (pasta), then grilled pork chops, then fruit, then pie--so that's why it was so late. But it was good. My mom finally quit her job, which she's hated for a long time already, so she's been in a really good mood the past few days. She's going to really enjoy being home with her family for a while, and helping me move and decorate.

Which reminds me.... Lisa asked about my house!
I'll post pictures when I get some, honest! I've really got to start getting my film developed!
It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath Cape Cod (at least I think it's a Cape Cod, could be wrong about that--not to good with style names), stone exterior, stone patio, full walk-out basement, large kitchen. It's in a pretty good neighborhood, and it right next to one of my best friends. The realtor says we should be in by the end of August. And if anyone has any decorating ideas for the bedrooms, I'm all ears, because I'm stumped!

Mom and I are going out shopping tomorrow. We have a new shopping center nearby that been there for a few months and she hasn't been there yet. There's a Target, a Barnes & Noble, and 2 Starbucks (one in both Target and B&N), and they're all firts in the vicinity, and she's never been to any of those stores. I'm buying her some Starbucks! And she wants to go to Barnes & Noble at midnight tonight--they're having a Harry Potter party with real owls flying around! How cool is that?! I don't know if we'll go or not, because I sort of doubt that Mom will be awake at midnight, but I'm willing to go with her if she really wants to go.

OK, I need to start doing work. Have a great day, chicks!
~Elisha
miss_elisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 09:44 AM   #37  
Bound and Determined

Default Our House!

OK, so I found a picture of our house!
But I can't figure out how to paste it in here, so you're all just going to have to click this link and see my pretty face as well!

http://misselishab.tripod.com/photos/
Old 07-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #38  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Good Morning!!!!

Elisha - Your house is so neat...really charming, and I LOVE the rock! My DH and I both love rock on houses..you are SO LUCKY to have found such a pretty one. I am thinking you could get a lot of decorating stuff at Target. They have the neatest stuff, and affordable too...I got the prettiest curtains there for my kitchen. They have pretty comforter sets and stuff for your bedroom too. Well... if you want me to, I will just come over and help you go shopping!!! LOL!!!

Julie - I was thinking that up North the humidity wasn't as bad as we have it here in the South. I don't know why I was thinking that. Maybe I was thinking about the Midwest..Our humidity here is just so sticky and yucky. My curly hair...is getting BIGGER AND BIGGER...LOL! I have spent a small fortune in "products" to try to tame it down some in this weather!! Is Kaleigh just loving VBS? It was one of my favorite things as a child. We missed it this summer, because of vacation, and it makes me sad. But, really, VBS will tire a person out like nothing else can!!! Hope your heel does better today..good that it felt good most of the day yesterday at least.

Joy - Well today is the big day, right?? The day when you pick up your new mower! We finally got a new one, and we are thrilled. Never thought I would see the day when a lawnmower would thrill me!! LOL! I am so glad you will be doing points with me! BTW, where is it that you are posting a new thread?

MsRD - Hello ! Hope you are well and having a great day!!!!

Jessica - Can't wait to hear how many miles you got in! You're doing so good..on a ROLL!! Yay!!!

Donna, Jennifer- I miss you two, and I hope life is treating you good, and you are having a good Summer!!!

Well, I weighed again and I AM down 3 more pounds..I thought I was down more than that measly 1/2 pound! I am 6 pounds away from my goal...I can just taste it!! I am so proud, and I am thrilled to finally have almost lost the 75 pounds of weight that I gained with my third child. I weighed in at around 210 or so the day I had him. I look at the pictures, and I can't believe it. It has not been easy to lose this weight. Well..we all know that. But, this is usually the point where I start backsliding...when I get so close....(Keeps fingers crossed)...I can to this- I CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all have a good day!!!!
lisa girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #39  

Hey elisha, the house looks familiar, is it on the East Side of town? maybe up behind the Dairy Mart? Not Sure.

Not much to post about today... I'm going into work to get some over time for awhile, then going to Old Navy to get a couple more pairs of pants and I have to pick up some cloths for Ethan and they have tons of baby stuff on sale right now. Then I have to go to lowes and pick out kitchen cabinets and a bathroom sink.. I'm can't wait til this house is done. I'm so sick of waiting on it. It's been so long, I'm not even excited anymore.

Well, enough complaining.. I got to get moving. Later

2.34 miles yesterday
Old 07-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #40  
Bound and Determined

Lisa, I already know that most of my decor is going to come from Target! They have such cute stuff that is still tasteful and affordable! It's great!

Jessica, there are about a billion houses in Fairmont that look just like it. Everyone I've shown it to says it looks familiar. It's actually on West Side, behind the Subaru dealer on Locust Ave. Kind of hard to find (unless you're looking for it), so it's doubtful that anyone has seen *that* particular house, but it was a pretty popular style of home mid-century in Fairmont.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:35 AM   #41  

Ahhh, over by the college and hospital? I thought it looked like the building in town in the back ground, that's why I was thinking East. My aunt use to live up that way, more behind the college. That is a very nice neighborhood. Congrats! And I'll help ya decorate, if u come over and help me drywall and paint, sounds even to me
Old 07-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #42  
Bound and Determined

Nope, that's the hospital in the background, and we can see the entire campus from our patio too! It's actually a pretty nice view. And yeah, it's a pretty decent neighborhood. We were lucky to find something there that we could afford.
As for a manual labor exchange , sounds good to me! I love to paint! And I can even drywall in a pinch--and it's good exercise!

~Elisha
Old 07-15-2005, 11:41 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/252/150

Hi everyone

Julie - sounds like you've been keeping yourself pretty busy. Remember to take care of you (sit down and rest when you need to).

Lisa - I'm afraid the mower isn't new - but fixed just "like" new. But I'm really glad to have it back. The points counting hasn't been too successful yet. Probably start monday. Look for my totals on my post (that will keep me honest). I would love to see some before and after pictures of you - purely selfish motivational tool The new thread is here on the "chicks up for a challenge forum" it is called the "habit formers 12 week challenge". Hope to see you there.... it's all about building and creating attitudes and habits that will stay with you for the rest of your life and keep you successful.

Elisha - I just love the house - it has so much character ..... I can envision it with a country garden in front.... white picket fence and babies.... I'm sure you and Steve will be very happy there.

Well that's it for now (I wont fill you on the "gorry details" of today....but once again tomorrow is a new day).... and hey were having a giant picnic at the lake.... pray for sunshine for me .... nevermind wasting your prayers.... I was just kidding crossed fingers and toes will do.

Take care - and thank you for being here.
Joy
JoyG56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:37 AM   #44  

Hello All!

Really, I posted here Friday, but my epistle (which was sooo creative and intelligent and inspirational, by the way ) was lost somewhere in cyberspace and you know I can't do that twice in a row, so the following will have to suffice:

I am down 3 pounds.....or at least I was on Friday AM... ...haven't really exercised too much or eaten properly this weekend, but hope I haven't undone all my progress. Journalling seems to be doing the trick......being accountable, as Jennifer would tell us!

Lisa.....You are soooo close to your goal. I am excited for you! GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!

Joy.....Glad to hear your new regimen is working for you. Isn't it strange how one thing will work for one person and not another? I am going to check out the new thread.....I need everything possible to keep this motivation going

Julie.....It is too hot recently to eat.....or cook either. For me, this leads to snacking instead of a proper meal, and, well, we all know where that goes!

Elisha.....French silk pie? I think I would have caved too! Glad to hear you had some extra points banked so you could enjoy a small slice. I am soooo slow at decorating.....in the past, I have made mistakes and had to live with them, so I take things very slowly. when we built our house....15 years ago.....I could not handle all the decisions that had to be made *now*, so I painted the whole interior of the house white.....and then after we moved in, decorated one room at a time.

Jessica......You have been one busy chickie! What did you pick out for kitchen cabinets? Therre are so many styles and finishes available now! Don't worry....when it is all done, the excitement will return because then you get to enjoy it!

Yesterday, we were supposed to take the old car on a car tour.....but, wouldn't you know, we could not get it started! DH was soooo disappointed! (And the first words out of his mouth were "now, honey, this is why we need TWO cars" )We went on the tour anyway....took our regular pickup......and had a good time. We went to an air museum....everything from biplanes to the Lockheed Blackbird. Today,the kids are coming down and we are all going to the lake......doing some boating and sea-dooing and diving.....what do you want to bet we will all come home tired?

Last edited by MsRD; 07-17-2005 at 10:43 AM.
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #45  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Monday MOrning!

Oh my....where did the weekend go? Geesh!

We went to Detroit in the heat and sat and watched "The Tiger Game" in person! It was hot but it was kind of exciting. Maybe some of you caught the highlights on TV...a fight broke out! I guess they figured the game was not exciting enough so the St. Louis pitcher took some hits toward a couple of Tiger players. By the 3rd time, when the ump didn't give a warning, the Tigers had had enough and one of the players started to go after the St. Louis pitcher...which led to a brawl! Oh my!!! It prolonged the heat for about 20 extra minutes and the Tigers ened up losing anyway. 5-0 Too bad!

I'm pretty sure my eating yesterday did not help my cause, but I did try to keep it somewhat healthy and I could have done so much worse. Didn't have any of the junk at the ball park. Just nibbled on some popcorn and drank diet soda and had one of those frozen lemonades. We did stop for breakfast and I filled up on protein for the day. I packed some fruit in a cooler and brought a few strawberries into the park (along with a bazillion other things in my bag!) The heat makes me not want to eat, also MsRD! But I did quite a bit of drinking water yesterday. I could not get enough of it! I hate this humidity! I sure hope it cools off soon!

Our refrigerator has taken a dump so we have to get a new one which will be delivered today! The freezer part of it was still somewhat working (kind of like the fridge temps) so we put as much of it in there as possible yesterday morning and crossed our fingers! DH says they only last about 12-15 years...it was 12 years old! Never a dull moment!

My heel still hurts (in case anyone wants to know) but my back is much better. I am trying to remember to do my ab exercises as often as possible during the day! But walking doesn't sound like much fun to me! I don't know how this hiking thing is going to work out...we shall see! I'm being kind of pessimistic right now about it. Maybe it's the heat!

OK chickies. Again...I am so proud of all of you who are doing something with their weight this summer! Choosing to make it happen! You go chickies!
Keep sending positive vibes my way...I plan to lose it...some day!

Hugs to all!
hikein2005 is offline   Reply With Quote