Old 02-10-2024, 06:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

L%&Lsmom, I never concerned myself with ups and downs of weight because I realize its,fluid retention and not what I ate. But it bothers me now because I get stuck and can't continue down. Fluid retention is mostly not in our control.

I got my Teeter and got it assembled on Thursday. It took several hours with a rest break mid day. I used it for a couple minutes but I was tired. Haven't used it since but maybe tomorrow. I don't usually exercise on weekends. I like to exercise mid day while watching my soap operas. A few years back I had a rule, I had to be exercising to watch my soaps. I can watch while exercising or watch while sitting in my recliner. I record them in case I am out or can't watch for some reason but then I can not watch in my exercise room. That tv is not on cable. It worked well when I did it befote. I hope to be consistent once I get back to it.
So I like the Teeter but its not as good as the Nustep that I used at cardiac rehab. Nustep is $4000+.. One difference is the Nustep seat is lower, and the pedals are out in front of you, pushing forward. This seat is higher so you are pushing more downward,if that makes sense. The arms move forward and back on both. Its basically the same movement. Its not pedals like a bike that go round and round,more like taking a step. The seat can be adjusted and also the tension.

I hope Kstrong comes back.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 294.7/240.5/140

Height: 5'4"

My goal for 2023 was 50 pounds lost, I started in May. I ended up getting to 40 pounds, which was okay by me! I would like to lose 80-100 pounds in 2024, which would put me at my goal weight. I plan to do a lot more exercising this year, and upping my protein, and increase my calories.
grlbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2024, 06:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 264/149.8/140

Height: 5'8

grlbye!!

Congrats
on the 40 pounds already lost! Feel free to post as often as you'd like. I feel it does help me to post about my ups and downs and I try to help if I can with advice. Posting about my goals and how I am doing does help keep me focused and I feel like it's sort of like therapy.

Wannabehealthy I looked up the Teeter Freestep online and saw it on Amazon with a video. It looks like it would be fun to use. I guess you could always start slow with maybe 10 minutes one day and if that is too easy do 15 the next until you build your endurance. Eventually you will be back to your goal of using it while watching your soaps. The recommended amount of exercise is 150 minutes a week (like 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week ) or however you want to break it up. I really need to start following my own advice since that is the one thing I don't really do.

As for me, unfortunately I predicted correctly and the Superbowl and Valentine's Day week did a number on my calories! I am going to definitely get the calories back in line now! I was 152 on the scale today, and just seeing the 150's is kind of a wake up call. I feel good admitting the gain. I don't want to be fake and only report losses.

KStrong I hope you check in with us soon and that you are OK!
loganandlivsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:12 PM   #19  

Well, it's been 8 days and I am happy to report my weight is 148.2. It's not as low as it was on the 8th, but I am glad it's under 150 again! I hope everyone is doing OK.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:55 PM   #20  

Hi L&Lsmom. Its good that you have that 150 number to get you back on track. For me, I hit 180 this week and that woke me up. I know I've been eating out of control lately and I've come back down the past few days, back to 174 today. I was in the 160s last summer and people were noticing and commenting so I want to get back there for summer, and hope to continue lower. I'm already looking forward to summer clothes.

I'm not exercising the way I thought I would be,but its still my intention. My mother used to tell me "The road to help is paved with good intentions.". She was all Do it, dont say your are going to do it. I grew up with tough discipline and I can say I miss it now that she's gone.

I was just reading about 150 minutes of exercise today, reading about blood glucose control. When I went to cardiac rehab after heart surgery the physiologist said 150 minutes is required for health but 300 is required for weight loss. 30 minutes a day is relatively easy but 300 would be 60 minutes a day for 5 days. I do feel that it can be spread out through the day. Counter push ups in the morning while waiting for the coffee to crew. Squats while brushing your teeth. If can fit them in that way.

Kstrong is having a good time without us. I hope she's continuing her weight control.
Old 03-04-2024, 04:43 PM   #21  

Hi!

It's been a week since I've checked in and I weigh a bit less today at 147.8. Yesterday it was a pound more, so as always it's a bit of a roller coaster.

Wannabehealthy It's funny how if I see 150 I feel shocked it's so "high." I remember not long ago I was dreaming of 199. I guess I am used to the lower weight now. Your mom was right about the road to **** being paved with good intentions. I have heard that before and it's so true! LOL I wanted to tell you lately I have been seeing more and more reels on facebook about people's weight loss with before and after pics. One woman I started following has lost 200 pounds! Seeing the pics and getting ideas from them on what they do keeps me motivated.

KStrong and grlbye please check in and let us know how you are doing!
Old 03-14-2024, 10:09 AM   #22  

Well it's been 10 more days and I am 148.4.
I am happy to be maintaining but am ready to put more effort into losing more weight. I am going to join an exercise thread to hopefully keep me focused on it!
Old 04-08-2024, 07:52 AM   #23  

Wannabehealthy and KStrong...please check in! I hope all is well with you both. This thread has been too quiet so I moved on the to monthly weight loss thread. If you two come back I can post over here as well.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:23 AM   #24  

Sorry to be absent L&Lsmom. I am still struggling with fatigue. I started taking some vitamins hoping to increase my energy.
My weight has been hoovering around 177, which is up a bit from my recent low in the 160s. I've been overeating. Things taste good! I usually lose weight in the summer.

Sad that Kstrong hasn't returned.

​​​
Old 04-15-2024, 08:56 AM   #25  

Wannabehealthy I am glad you checked in! Sorry you are struggling with fatigue! Vitamins definitely can't hurt. Have you heard of those fruit and veggie supplements like Balance Of Nature? I don't take them but see their commercials and a lot of people swear by them. Maybe check it out and-or see what your doctors say. I also miss KStrong. Her weight loss was an inspiration to me and she is a great cheerleader.