Old 12-29-2015, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

W - 2000 ml
E - walking a large indoor international food market today
E- 500 calorie deficit, homemade toast w/Irish butter & apple butter, leftover beef stroganoff, dinner at DD so don't know but I'm afraid she's not known for her culinary skills (I should be able to keep the portions small)
D - buy one new food item I've not tried
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:22 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

It is SO ICY. Snow daisy.jpg But Daisy had fun this morning! Can't get out this afternoon, just way too icy now. We got 6 or so inches of snow and then several hours of ice. On a good note, I have power still, so it's all good.

PQ, international food market? Do you just look for fun places to walk or are they work related? Enjoy DD's company, maybe she will surprise you!

Mindy, hope you got to the gym. We are going tomorrow. Today, I am not driving anywhere!

Jeni, I did not realize you were coaching a team you didn't even have a child on. Kudos to you woman!!

Kris, not sure how costumed he will be willing to go! He's blonde with a great build, I was trying to talk him into Hercules, so far I've only got him to agree to an orange shirt with superman logo! LOL

I got lots of shovelling today with heavy. wet. heart attack snow. I'll be sore tomorrow.

W 100 about 2/3 there
E ran 40 minutes on the dreadmill and shovelled. Will do 7 minute workout later
E OP, just made a left over casserole with the ham
D Pinterest later for more recipes, blogging tonight too
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 PM   #18  

I accomplished all f me WEED today!

MMavis since we were delivery a mattress to DS and having dinner at DD w/grandma up from Florida, we decided to go to the food place to get goodies for English hubs in between the two stops. Hubs always takes the days between Christmas and New Years off and we shop, go to the movies, eat out, visit, etc.

We had a blowout on way home though and waited two hours for roadside assistance....we had them tow as home and they're coming back in morning to change tire. It happened on busy interstate and I was driving, BUT I stayed in control like a true Woman on W.E.E.D.!
Old 12-30-2015, 07:58 AM   #19  

PQ, that is scary, glad you stayed in control! How was dinner at daughters? Hope you had fun!

Today, we are going to the mall and to run some errands (eye Dr and such) I think YS is going with me, but we shall see. I am trying to decide if the Garmin Vivosmart HR is worth the investment. I love the idea of a HR monitor without the chest strap...if it is accurate. Reviews seem to be all over the place.

W 100
E Mall walking, 7 minute workout, kettlebells tonight
E POP
D Paying off debt, no new debt. Spend only the gift certificates!
Old 12-30-2015, 09:14 AM   #20  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good news on the slush is it melted pretty quickly yesterday. Today is my last day off without my hubby (he is working). I think I might head to the mall...alone. It is the only time I feel free to just wander and look. If he goes we are always on a mission.

Packed a little more yesterday. I am going to do a little bit today so I can move some boxes out of the middle of the room. Then I think I am done until we actually close on this house and are ready to move. Got a list of things the underwriter still wanted yesterday. I thought we were done with that crap. Guess not. So it looks like closing will not be this week.

MM I have the fitbit charge with HR monitor. I love it. Plus it comes in purple...

Weight went up yesterday Did get to the gym for a 2 mile walk. Back down a little today.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #21  

Today my mom is coming to my house to spend tonight and tomorrow here with us. She stays rest of time with her younger brother, which lives closer to all of the grandchildren. And I've been to Florida 2x this month to her house on emergency trips due to my younger brothers near tradegy (he lives with her). So, I'm probably up for a challenging two days

W - 2000 ml
E - 500 cal deficit; homemade hash brown and one fried egg, leftover beef stroganoff, grilled wings and lite adult beverage (when mother is here)
E - I need to clean out big fireplace and get fire going, bring in more wood, clean dining room/put Christmas China away, etc/get my "Greys" and ironstone out (if you all only knew what an auction and antique nutter I was!)
D - be positive and uplifting for my mom, she's been depressed for quite awhile now (long story)
Old 12-30-2015, 11:09 PM   #22  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Girls!

PQ- saying prayers for you, your momma, and your brother. You are strong. Great job on hitting your WEED goals yesterday! Build on that success, and know we are all here for you!

Mindy - Those darn underwriters can be a fun sucker! Don't get discouraged. It will all be yours in the perfect time. There's a reason for everything. Glad your "up" on the scale left quickly! And hubby free... we love them, but so nice to get to take YOUR time. I totally get the cloud that shopping with a dude can bring. Enjoy your browsing!

MM - I like the superman shirt idea! And I, like Mindy, love the Charge HR Fitbit. I think they are pretty accurate. I have had mine on at the docs a couple times and the heartrate has been within a couple of beats of their monitor.

I had a BADittude this week. I went into work this week excited about a week of few employees there (vacations) and a mentality to organize prior to the new year. What I find myself facing today is three days of nearly nothing done; work or organizing. Monday was funeral and bestie... which was good. Tuesday was organizing my desk and essentially two days of ignoring emails. Then...

we trapped 3 feral kittens that were living under our building. In moving one from a small to a larger carrier, he got loose, I grabbed him. He bit me. So, after delivering the kitties to the shelter to be fixed, I had to go sit in urgent care and wait for antibotics. Note to self... cats have the dirtiest bite of any animal. AND kitty teeth are razor sharp. Literally punctured through my fingernail. Day three.... nothing done. Tomorrow is a half day, and already feel like I need to go in Friday. Boo.

Okay chicks WEED tomorrow:
W-80
E-walks dog in afternoon
E-Just be smart
D - Go to that birthday party, have some fun, Start a fresh year Friday
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 AM   #23  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Kris- Oh those kitties. We rescued 5 a few years ago. It takes a lot of patience to tame them when they are born free. What are you doing with them now?? Wish I was close, since we are leaving my cat here, I need a kitty at the new house. All in time.

Went to the gym yesterday. Did three mile run/walk. Good for a little loss. Came home to meet a potential roomie for my daughter. Nice guy she works with. Hope it works out for her, and my mortgage...

Lunch with the girls today and then a New Years Eve card party (that will be filled with goodies and crap). Also....wait for it.....Cotton Bowl...GO GREEN!!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:47 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

Good morning ladies!

I went to the Dr yesterday. I am going in for nerve testing as soon as LNI approves it. :/ I'm not happy with that.

MM~I love coaching the kids. I may even coach for the little kids in February. My biggest problem, was missing Maks middle school basketball games. I was only able to make half of them.

We got a letter in the mail yesterday from child services. Apparently my BIL has a child that was taken away from her mom and they are looking for family members interested in taking her. I don't know the situation at all, but we will help however we can. The only thing I know about her is that she is 7 years old. She lives in another state. She is Native American. We are waiting on a call from her caseworker.

Today's chore is to take down the Christmas tree, general housework, and drink lots of water. Tonight's plan: Dinner and a movie. The kids will be at an overnighter at the Y! Tomorrow we will go to the Y and help with breakfast for all the kids. YIKES!

W 80 oz
E Move as much as I can
E Sorry not counting today.
D Enjoy my husband time.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 01:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 260/216.0/155

Height: 5"5

My name is melodie and love to join this group. Fairly new to 3fc. I am 54 been married 33 years to a wonderful husband.
I have 3 daughters 30, 25 and 14. My youngest is autistic and a challenge at times but my shining star.
I've been a trauma intensive nurse for 20 years which has attributed to my stress and thus weight problem.
I own two horses that I would love to get back to riding ..

I started in August weighing in at 260 and found running to a hospital code blue that it was lose weight and get healthy or quit a job I love.
So I started whole 30 and encouraged by a good doctor friend and lost 12 lbs in a month.
I then switched to paleo started a walking program and now and down 45 lbs as of this week.
I have a ways to go but I feel fantastic and now when I run to a code am the first one on scene beating out nurses half my age!

So once you find what works for you its amazing.

Last edited by equinechick61; 12-31-2015 at 01:40 PM.
equinechick61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #26  

EQ, great job on the loss so far! 45 pounds in 5 months is awesome!! Welcome to our group!!

Jeni, Sorry about the testing, hopefully this will help sort this all out for you. I love the way you open your heart. Both to your kids of course, the kids you coach and consider coaching and even the BIL's child. You, my friend, are amazing.

Mindy, sorry about your Spartans. They had a great year though! Hope the roomie works out for daughter!

Kris, Does the charge HR Fitbit require a chest strap? Sorry about the kittie bite.

PQ, hope all is superb!

Happy New year all!! I am already feeling overwhelmed with what I did not accomplish in 2015, but going to just take one day at a time and will get there this year! I weighed and measured today, it is ugly, but ill be fun to see how far I come this year.

W 100
E bit of a run today, 7 minute workout and kettlebells
E OP. Keep to it
D Choose well
Old 01-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #27  

Happy New Year's all! Mom stayed an extra day, but has low left the building

I didn't hit my water or calorie deficit yesterday....half the water and half deficit. But overall, a success since we were out and about all day. I was close to hitting all of my goals Wednesday. As Sting says, "Today is a brand new day."

w - 2000 ml
E- clean bathrooms properly, 10 flights of stairs, 5000 steps (still on vacation)
E - 500 calorie deficit, Irish bacon & and one egg, bean soup and spinach salad, cheeseburger and spinach salad (soup, bun, vinaigrette are homemade and beef is local, beans were dried from my garden)
D - plan food shopping and menus for next week

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 01-02-2016 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 01-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #28  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Beautiful New Year Chicks!

Melodie - Welcome Happy New Year! So glad you found us! Get ready for a team of support and to make some new friends! I am stepmom to a 16yo daughter with downs syndrome. High functioning, but like you shared, a challenge at times. Ever loving though. I've been trying to sort out how to engage here in more physical activity. It is tough, but rewarding. Congrats on your dedication to lose what you have so far. you are in the right place!

Mavie - Fitbit is wrist only. Like wearing a watch. And, as Mindy shared, they come in super fun colors! Happy New Year friend. Go spoil yourself with one! And as for the "un-done" list, refocus on what you did do. You are amazing and this girl in California know it because she's been paying attention. You are an inspiration regardless of what boxes got checked off the list!

PQ - how's your mom doing? How are you holding up?

Mtiggie - how was the card party? Hubby and I went to a coworkers b-day party last night. It was good. We frequently talk ourselves out of going. I am slowly realizing we need to enjoy those invites and not just work and sit at home. As for the kitties, if we were closer, we would definitely have access to plenty of animals for you. Go find a rescue when you are ready! You know the drill. You won't be disappointed.

Jen - my chore list today is much like yours yesterday. Were you successful in reclaiming your house from holiday glitz? Hope you and hubby got that quality time you were looking forward to.

Carma - I hope you find your way back!

So the dragons I look to slay this year are lingering in my head. They are:
1.) Drop 45lbs by July
2.) Restart my Dave Ramsey plan to get out of debt
3.) Work less. Play more.
4.) Morph into a runner

Isn't it ironic that we work so hard to control things outside of our control, and ignore those pieces of ourselves we can control? That all changes for me, starting today, day by day. I can't wait to look back and see how much I have powered through! Thanks for being here ladies! LETS DO THIS!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #29  

Hi everyone! Nixmom I so wish I could morph into a runner, or a gym goer, or hiker, anything! Mavis Mom's visit was quite pleasant this time around. And to you, it's a brand new year. I see you're my height, and it can be tough keeping the weight off. It seems as if every little extra pound is visible and not in a good way. You can do it! I started off at 181 mid-June 2015 and was 150.0 on New Years Eve. The lowest I've been since I was in my late 30s. I did it for my health really but pics of myself was the kicker.

I hit my weed yesterday except cleaning the bathrooms properly. They're clean just not immaculate and I could not motivate myself to get into it.

Mom was in good spirits when she left. I've promised to visit in mid Feb. and end of March, and she is already planning what we'll do. She needed shorts that fit better and guess what? My "old" ones that are quite nice but three sizes too big now fit her perfectly. She passed on a couple of pairs though, too short but was thrilled with my Liz C. coat that looks great on her. She really needed an Ohio winter coat (she visits every year at this time at least once, sometimes 2x) She was wearing an unsightly Eskimo thing she got off the clearance rack somewhere.

Did the weekly shop w/hubs last night to get steps in...he usually goes alone on sat/sun morning. I'll be hitting Costco and Trader Joes next week after work for a stock up.

Today's wow.....
W - 2000 ml
E - even calories, 1/2 homemade bun w/Irish butter and apple butter
E - bourbon chicken and brown rice (I've got thighs in fridge that need cooked up), T-bone steak on grill w/side salad and asparagus-pasta invention
D - be nice to hubs

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 01-03-2016 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Forgot my D
Old 01-03-2016, 07:59 AM   #30  

Hey all! Hope all is wonderful! I'm on the kindle, hard to do personals from there because it's hard to scroll!

PQ, thanks for the positive reinforcement, glad you enjoyed the Mom time too!

Kris, I like your dragon slaying plan!!

Mindy, do we have a moving day yet?

Jeni, Happy New Year, hope you and Hubs had a great night!

EQ, hope you keep coming back!

As for me, dropped YS at the airport yesterday, he is back in Florida. I'll be there his coming weekend to watch him run the Disney Half. Then will likely be a few before I get back there. Looking to shed 15ish before I go back in mid-late February or 25 if it's March. Hubs and I are debating going for the Daytona 500 or Bike Week. May be a pipe dream as FIL has been failing more and more. Right now, can't imagine both of us going anywhere. There is also a Star Wars half in April, perhaps...YS is thinking of volunteering for that one. I may run it.

While I was in the city, stopped at Whole Foods and Trader Joes. Stocked up for success! Hubs is on board too, his Dr has laid it out for him and he didn't like what he heard. I'm glad, I've been trying to steer him toward healthier choices, but was getting nowhere. It will be much easier if he will just eat the same dinner as me!

W 100
E It's a running day. Also 7 minute workout and kettlebells
E OP. Also preparing and packing my lunch for tomorrow so that I can get out the door to the gym in the AM. *Thought about giving the membership up, but really like spinning*
D Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live.