Old 07-05-2015, 06:22 PM   #1  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Women on WEED! Leaning Into Labor Day

Women on... WHAT??

"Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

We would love to have you join this challenge! When you do, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

This is a nine week challenge! So share your story, set your goals and LEAN IN!

Last edited by Nixmom; 07-05-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:39 PM   #2  
The Sky is the Limit!

Kris here.

JUST turned 44 (yesterday) and I REFUSE to spend another minute not making progress. Starting this challenge at 220.4 lbs. I'm a wife to hard working hubby, mom to 4 kids (26,15,13,10), workaholic determined to find life balance, who wants nothing more than to get in the best shape of my life. I also fall off the motivation train frequently, eat decent stuff but too much of it, and talk ALOT about exercising but rarely break a sweat.

This challenge I am changing my game. I will move. I will report in frequently. I will meet my goals. Here is the plan:

W - 64 oz day minimum
E - Start C25K. Include dog walks to mix it up
E - Nutrisystem Food Be Gone. Track on MFP. Eat before 7:00pm
D - Leave work at work.

I am a planner by nature, not a doer. I absolutely love the feeling of accomplishment, but have sold myself short over the years, focusing on being sure everyone but me is taken care of. This year, this next twelve months, I am going to figure out how to put myself first. During this 9 week challenge I really need to fight out of the comfort zone that distraction from my needs has provided. I want to be healthy. I want my family to be healthy. This will be hard, but I am determined.

Leaning In.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Dearest Kris, will be here tomorrow to get it all written down, but, gotta say, ok, we got your back and you got this!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 08:23 AM   #4  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My name is Mindy and I am checking in to this challenge. I am 55 (did I just say that?) Two grown children, 2 stepchildren who have blessed us with two grandsons. Life is good. I teach school and after having a terrible year last year, change is in the air for this next year. It should be interesting and I hope a positive change.

SO I have lost 70 pounds, starting back in 2008. WOW!! That was quite a while ago. I am hanging on to this 30 pounds that I want gone. I have tried so many different things to no avail. I will keep trying.

I recently made a vision board as part of weight watchers. I look at it daily and am tracking activity. Keep the goal in mind.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #5  
The Sky is the Limit!

Colonoscopy survived. The appointment was a piece of cake. The prep day was horrendous. I am so glad its over for a year. No issues reported from the doc.

Feeling like I am still shaking of the anesthesia. Hopefully a good nights sleep is brewing!

Okay chicks. It's game time. Hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend and are ready to live with intention! I am going to be mindful of my choices beginning now. The one lesson i learned about myself through this screening is: I do have the willpower not to eat! So being restricted to the clear liquid diet for the sake of my screening was hard, but not impossible. If I can apply that same "stop and think" before I put food on my plate, I know I can be disciplined enough to bring the calories down.

Looking forward to a new and improved me. Leaning In!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:33 AM   #6  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- happy you made it through the colonoscopy. Not fun, I know. Love your attitude...keep it up.

I won't bore you all with my same ole story of up and down. I am eating good though and working out almost everyday...doing something. Screw the scale.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:07 AM   #7  
mtiger

Wink

Where is everybody. I am still here doing my thing. Trying to decide what today's workout will be.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:44 PM   #8  
The Sky is the Limit!

Hey Mindy,

I'm here. Had two days of computer boogers and finally got back online.
What did you chose to do for your workout? I still need to get moving.

The two boys were BEGGING for work to do for money this weekend so I loaded them each up with 5 things (10 total) that I was gonna do around the house. I told them they had to be done by 4:00 today because anything they didn't finish I was gonna do, and didn't want to spend my Sunday doing them. Their motivation quickly dried up. $7 to one. $8 to the other and 6 of the easy things done. Looks like I'll be vacuuming this castle tonight. Friggin Cinderella.

I'm really struggling with staying on top of bills. Not because the money is tight (although it REALLY is) but because I'm sick of grueling over them every few days. Gotta get myself back to good and make my plan and work it. Sound familiar from other areas of life?

Down a couple pounds from start of challenge. Gotta sick to my NS program and eat this dang food. I got surprised with lunch and cheesecake for a late birthday celebration from my staff on Thursday. Kids this weekend and we've eaten out twice so far. Its not good. Gearing up for a fresh start tomorrow.

Love you girls. Hope you are all out having fun. Week one is behind us. Time to check in and grab the bull sisters! 8 weeks to Labor Day!
Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #9  
The Sky is the Limit!

Me again. Ate poorly today. Not lots, just bad stuff. My eyes are ready to slam shut from watching Quickbooks tutorial videos (for hubby's business account tracking) and my head is full or work.

I watched a TED talk video yesterday about "What does FREEDOM mean to you?". The speaker talked of wanting a life of travel, and he got it. But it applies to us all. What are we willing to shed our lives of, our days of, to get to our definition of freedom. Here is how I would define freedom:

Freedom would mean no debt, working less and enjoying it, being active as a lifestyle not a necessity. Genuinely feeling healthy.

I am going to get up tomorrow morning and go for a walk. even if just around the block. Something to invigorate me from the get go.

That's it. One thing for me tomorrow. One thing.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:37 AM   #10  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- good plan..morning walk. There is a lot of this getting free stuff going around. At least 3 people I know are getting out of debt (mainly by selling possessions). I would like to be debt free also but I don't want to feel like a pauper either. Having less, is one way to feel free. Not working is another. I am at the point where I need to work, pay bills, get out of debt (getting there) so I can retire in a few years and really be free.

This spare tire around my middle and the chunky thighs are certainly keeping me tied down. I am up 5 pounds and hating it. Doesn't seem to matter what I do. The only thing left is to just live my life and not worry about (like that's gonna happen).

We go on vacation next week. SO looking forward to some relaxing time with the hub.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

Where you girls at?

I am miffed at how every day feels like there's nothing of me left at the end of it. I don't like it. I want change now.

Mindy. Really enjoy the time and experience with your hubby. This weight thing can control us. Any maybe if we let go, it will too.

Mavie, Jen, Carma, Kitten, GET HERE! Miss you
Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

You must have sent really good telepathy Kris because I am here

Carma here:
43y.o. R.N., orphaned ar 41. Married 20 yrs, 2 kids boy and girl soon to be 13 and 11. Financially stressed with F.I.L. Who is still in nursing home. We need to get him home before 99 days and that time is nearing. Currently dealing with a rearrangement of an already cluttered house; this does not aide my cluttered mind. Fresh of a 16 day 9 state tour which was awesome. Oh and my husband is getting ready to leave for 2-3 weeks in China right before dd 11th birthday.

Weight today: 235.4
Water intake has been crap
Exercise crap
Eating crap
Determination crap

My goal for Labor Day below 220
W:80 oz day goal
E: get back walking (did twenty this am) start yoga classes again before August
E: star planning my food and try to get fruits and veggies
D: I think I am going to meditate for 15 minutes a day. I am going to try and do this in my car: why my car because nobody will interrupt me there. I may try another area outside. Try and get some level of organization down.

Have a good day ladies.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 07-16-2015 at 06:18 AM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:03 PM   #13  
The Sky is the Limit!

Carma! Sending productive thoughts your way with the house chaos. Your rewards will be blessings you will find being the girl with the big heart on the FIL front. God will provide.

Mavie - you are a running fool! I love it!

Mindy - how was it? is it? Are you soaking in the experience?

Work continues to be overwhelming. I don't know how to gain my footing anymore. I am going to have to go in on Friday, and I am praying for superhuman clarity and mega productivity so I can have Saturday to myself. I'm going to remain positive, and be sure to get a good nights sleep tonight.

I am SLOWLY working down the scale this week. Hubby cooks amazing stuff and I love him for it. Gotta learn to eat less of it. Same ole story.

Hope you all are doing well. Finding laughter. Embracing your families and know that you are amazing no matter what the scale says!
Old 07-17-2015, 06:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all, sorry I've been MIA.

I'm Wendy, AKA Mavis. 49 (how'd that happen) mother of 2 fabulous men, still married to their Dad, my HS sweetheart. Also primary caregiver for my now 93 yo FIL. 2 full time bat sh*t crazy jobs, house, 2 dogs and an ancient bird balance the stress in my life. (Maybe create, not balance)

Kris, thanks for starting the new thread! Love you!

Mindy, to heck with the scale!

Carma, Glad you are back!!

I'll try to be back later, but for now, my goal for the rest of the summer is to eat smart. Looking to be in the 140's for Labor Day (145) so about 10ish this challenge would be amazing!!

W 100
E None, it's rest day, some stretching and maybe light kettlebell workout
E OP, no sweets
D Little choices, big results

Tinkerbell 1/2 peeps, checkout "This Princess Runs" cool running clothes!!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #15  
mtiger

Wink

Glad you girls stopped in for a check-up. This week has been running around getting things ready for vacation. Hair, nails, food, get all animal stuff ready for my daughter. We leave tomorrow morning for about 10 days. Should be fun and hopefully relaxing (although we are traveling with a toddler). We will carve out some "us" time.

I am throwing the scale away. WHen I get back from vacation I am trying a new program. I am ready to dump WW and try something different. It is called food lovers. Sounds like you choose your meals based on 1 protein, 1 fast carb, one slow carb per meal. No counting or tracking, just eating. Worth a shot since nothing else has worked.

MM- Keep those shoes a flyin girl.
Kris- Find some me time....seriously.
Carma- breathe...just breathe.