Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, Munchey, please join us! I need all of the accountability I can get on this.

I ended up not going walking like I had hoped, but it was because I got roped into helping my mother move some things (furniture, ac unit, etc.). Does this count as a workout? I really think it should....lol
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 220/189/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchey View Post
HEY JO:
The link to the Challenge Spreadsheet appears in my signature block below. I added your name to the spreadsheets. Your name is at the top on the Personal Goals Sheet and at the bottom of the Weigh-In and Stat sheets. I entered your start and goal weights.

Let me know if you still have any problems.

Munchey
Thank you. I was able to get in tonight. -Having computer problems.
Recumbent Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 253/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Work is about to get crazy again.... Was talking to the head guard, and soon to be acting aquatics coordinator. She says the schedule two weeks out, meaning the one after the one that starts on the 5th (I think) is INSANE! I am working 3 8 hour days, and EVERYONE is working 35 hours except for the youngest of us who has 26 and a half.... I am looking forward to the boost in pay but dreading how tired i will be because of it.... Not to mention we are losing all but four of us come middle or end of August when the college kids go away.

It will be me, the head guard/acting coordinator, and two others left. We are already so short on staff right now it's nuts and we are losing our coordinator because of a scandal stirred by a former employee and he has family issues that are making things hard on him. It's just a mess and it has been a mess in that department since January when they fired the director.... I keep hoping things will settle down but it seems nothing is going to settle for a few more months.
starfaerie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:17 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 260/253/160

Happy 4th Everyone!

I have not been doing very well this week! It is time to get myself back on track! No excuse.

Madison and Munchey I am glad that you want to help keep each other accountable! I did NOT work out after work yesterday and I really should have! There was no good reason that I didn’t. I even got off early! So, today I will do a workout at home this morning. You two have inspired me! THANKS!

I hope that everyone enjoys the holiday!
ChocolateLover2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:58 PM   #125  

ChocolateLover: Come on, we can do this!! I know what you mean...I've had trouble with motivation. Sometimes I get motivated, but it is at like 1am lol. We can do this, though. Let's get through the rest of this week and do what we can, and then start fresh on Sunday. That's when my weeks start, anyway...what about you? Sunday will start a new week and we will have new motivation. Munchey is in on this with us, too!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 213/155/120

Height: 5ft

Hi all

Been staying with a friend for a few days and not been checking in much - bad idea.

Bry - congratulations on the engagement.

Madison, ChocolateLover and Munchey - will definitely join you on being accountable, it will keep me motivated. And Munchey's motivation was the reason I joined this site!

Tanguito
tanguito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 260/253/160

I hope that everyone had a good 4th. I enjoyed my day off. I DID do a 30 minute step workout yesterday morning. It has been forever since I last did one so my calves are sore this morning! I will take today off and the go to the gym tomorrow morning and do 30 min on the elliptical.

Tanguito I am glad that you are going to join us. Madison and I are trying for at least 3 times per week since we have had so much trouble getting any exercise in. So what days do we want to set as our work out days for next week? We will start the week on Sunday as Madison suggested. I usually workout on Sunday, but if other days work better for the group, just let me know which days.

Starfaerie I forgot to congratulate you on getting engaged! Congrats! Also, that was great of your to help a team mate move! Very hard work! Especially in the summer!
ChocolateLover2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Everyone:

Anyone see this video of fireworks taken from a drone? It is spectacular. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It may take awhile to load & you have to initiate the video from a picture towards the end of the page.

LINK TO FIREWORKS

I'm hoping for quiet day. It was crazy in my neighborhood last night. I felt I was in a war zone. My city allow fireworks, but not illegal fireworks. OMG, someone must have had a sale on the illegal stuff! They started early and things didn't tame down until around 11:00 p.m.

I hadn't paid attention to how birds react, but viewed a poor bird in my back yard that was clearly stressed out as the explosions began. My poor dog, I've never seen her so stressed out about fireworks to this degree. She was running around between the back yard and inside the house and barked most of the night (until things tame down). When I stepped out onto my front porch in the dark, I felt something unexpectedly and discovered it was my cat cowering by the front door.

Bottle rocket and illegal explosive devices were going off all around me. I knew one of my close neighbors was setting off bottle rockets and other explosives earlier in the week, but wasn't able to pinpoint which neighbor was doing it. It became apparent which one was doing it last night and it got old fast. Luckily, the police force was beefed up to crack down on illegal fireworks this year. I made a call and someone in an unmarked vehicle came out. I believe my neighbor might have received a citation with a $1000 fine. This neighbor qualifies for "The Neighbor From **** List", so I hope they got a fine.

Hope everyone else in the US had an enjoyable celebration that was a bit more sane.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 07-05-2014 at 01:46 PM. Reason: fix error
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 01:49 PM   #129  

Hey Everyone!

My main exercise yesterday was being on my feet for 5 hours and playing "water girl" at my 92-year old parents home, lol. They live in a corner house and have lots of lawn and planter beds, but no functioning sprinklers.

I walked their dog for approx. one mile. I figure I must have gotten a couple of miles with being on my feet for that many ours and moving around their property. So, I'll claim 3 miles for Saturday.

Got to get find my lost Fitbit. If I can't find it soon, guess I'll have to buy another one. I have one of their cheaper models that uses a battery, but it went goofy on me and give irratic readings even with a new battery. These device are a great tool, but they seem to malfunction after a period of time.

I had difficulty getting to sleep last night, I was a bit achy and I guess I was a bit anxious after being surrounded with the rowdy illegal firewords for several hours. Around midnight I took a bath in epsom salts and some lavender. Thankfully that did the trick and I eventually got to sleep.

I'm going to plan for a better week next week!.

Munchey
Old 07-05-2014, 02:12 PM   #130  

CHOCOLATE:
Good job on your exercise yesterday!

JO:
Hope your computer is behaving better!

Madison:
I'm with you, let's get geared up for a great week. Got to lift myself up from this cliff I've seemed to slipped of of.

Tanquito:
Good to see you! Let's make next week a good week! We can do this!

Starfaerie:
Hang in there with the extra hours at work. Think positive thought about makeing a little extra money. It is easier to give advice than to follow it, lol, but do your best to NOT let understaffing get you down. If you encounter days where you are very concerned that a lack of staff equates to a safety problem, mention it to management (and then just do your job the best you can)
Old 07-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #131  

I found this in another area of this forum (Called lighten Up). Thought some others might think it is as funny as I did.
__________________________________________________ ______

An old man, Mr. Wallace, was living in a nursing home.

One day he appeared to be very sad and depressed.

Nurse Donna asked him if there was anything wrong,

'Yes, Nurse Donna ,' said Mr. Wallace.

'My Private Part died today, and I am very sad.'

Knowing her patients were a little forgetful and sometimes a little crazy,
she replied, 'Oh, I'm so sorry, Mr. Wallace. Please accept my condolences.'

The following day, Mr. Wallace was walking down the hall with his Private Part hanging out of his pajamas.

He met Nurse Donna. 'Mr. Wallace,' she said,
'You shouldn't be walking down the hall like that.
Please put your Private Part back inside your pajamas.'

'But, Nurse Donna I can't,' replied Mr. Wallace.
'I told you yesterday that my Private Part died.

'Yes,' said Nurse Donna, 'you did tell me that, but why is it hanging out of your pajamas?'

(You've gotta love this .)

'Well,' he replied, 'Today is the viewing.'
Old 07-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #132  

ChocolateLover: Great job on the workout!!!
Munchey: Sounds like you got a workout in, for sure

I hope everyone had an awesome 4th!!

I'm not feeling very good today...allergies in full force...it sucks! I'm hoping to get some kind of exercise in today. I'm shooting for getting the 3 workouts in this week. I know Wednesday will not be one of them, as I will have to travel all day....going to the place I'll be moving to in a couple weeks to do some job related stuff. So, I'm shooting for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, and Thursday or Friday. (because then I have some big events next Saturday. I wish I could pin it down more than that though.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:53 AM   #133  

ASSIGNMENT
FOR WEEK BEGINNING 7-06-14

For the exercise assignment this week, we have a new arm circuit. Go to the link below to see the video. The video is worth watching, as there are variations for each move. Adjust the weights as needed. Sorry if it starts with a commercial. . I put the basic moves on the spreadsheet, but it might be easier to just record how many times you do the entire circuit. Decide which is best for you
LINK TO ARM ROUTINE

The following exercises appear on the spreadsheet:
Arm Curls
Bicep Curls
Tricep Extensions
Tricep Ext. - Single Arms
French Press
Tricep Press

THIS WEEK'S MENTAL CHALLENGE

WHAT IS YOUR ROOT CAUSE?
In order to achieve long-term success, we need to deal with the ROOT CAUSE or our weight issues. I invite you to take a took at this issue.

What is the root cause (s)?
What are ways that you can deal with these issues?
Do you need help with these issues? Let's share some ideas for coping skills!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:01 AM   #134  

CALORIES IN
VERSUS CALORIES OUT

GOT TO HAVE THE RIGHT MIX FOR SUCCESS!
WE CAN DO IT, YES WE CAN!

Last edited by munchey; 07-06-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 213/155/120

Height: 5ft

As I thought my weight was up this week, thankfully it was only a pound.

On a positive side though, I did achieve an average of 10,000 steps per day during the week and did the following exercise:

JM Yoga Meltdown workout 1
JM Kickbox Fastfix workouts 1, 2 and 3.

My eating however wasn't very good. While staying with my friend at her villa, we had a "girls night in" with lots of snacky food and copious amounts of wine! I must say that a good time was had by all.

This week I'm going to post daily on what exercise I have achieved and will log all my calories on MyFitnessPal.

Here's to a good week everyone!

Tanguito
tanguito is offline   Reply With Quote