Hey everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and there wasn’t too much damage done over the holidays. I wanted December to be my restart month – but that didn’t go to plan. So now, in January I’m going into this hardcore. I want to reach my goals by the end of year (or before and be maintaining by the end of 2014)
I’m wondering will anyone like to join me in a yearly
challenge? Now, don't panic at the thoughts of going into this from January 1st to December 31st! For me, it would be near impossible to stay focused for a full year so I’ve decided to split the year into 6 challenges or 6 mini targets to reach. Each challenge represents a time during the year. We have Valentine’s Day, Easter, summer, the end of summer, Halloween and finally, New Years Eve. See the dates below:
Weigh in days for Challenge 1 will be on Fridays. This is to coincide with Valentines' Day being on a Friday this year. However, I know that people have their own weigh in days so you can weigh in on or before the Friday.
- Challenge 1: New Years Day to Valentine’s Day (January 1st to February 14th)
- Challenge 2: Valentine’s Day until Easter Sunday (February 14th to April 20th)
- Challenge 3: Easter to summer (April 20th to June 21st) (AKA "Operation Bikini Body")
- Challenge 4: Summer to end of summer (June 21st to September 21st)
- Challenge 5: End of summer until Halloween (September 21st to October 31st)
- Challenge 6: Halloween to New Years Eve (October 31st to December 31st)
What I was going to do was post a new thread for each challenge. This means this thread will not get super duper long by end of the year. Also, anyone can jump in at any point in the year!
Above is a link to a spreadsheet to keep track of your weigh in’s. Just enter your name and weight for each week. Add your name to the list and I will rearrange it into alphabetical order.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Challenge 1: New Years Day to Valentine’s Day (January 1st to February 14th)
Start Weight 01/01/2014: 146.6
03/01/2014: 146.4 (-0.2)
10/01/2014: 145.6 (-0.8)
17/01/2014: 144.4 (-1.2)
24/01/2014: 145.6 (+1.2)
31/01/2014: 145.0 (-0.6)
07/02/2014: 144.0 (-1.0)
End Weight 14/02/2014: 143.2 (-0.8)
Total Loss: 3.4lbs.
I hope you all jump in and join. We can support each other to keep on going and get to our goals this year and make serious life changes to ourselves and our health. I wish you all the best of luck.