3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   August Weight Loss Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/285541-august-weight-loss-challenge.html)

Jacqui_D 08-02-2013 12:42 PM

Hiya Lene! :wave:

Yay Tuscany for your half lb! :cp:

Lol! Joy, yes, soy sauce is definitely salty. That's water weight. No biggie!

I love this thread too Wolfgirl. So motivational!

Congrats on those 170's BleuMaus! :woohoo:

Seaurchin, congrats on your upcoming anniversary this month!

Love your avatar pixikat! I have a black cat named Ichabod. Black cats are so sweet. Congrats on your drop!

Turtle, I'm with you. I'm holding. At 202 for me. I envy your 171, lol! (I'll get there!)

Hello and welcome to all!

So, tomorrow starts my really big challenge this month. I go on vacation! Eek! I'm looking forward to it, but you know how it is. It's easy to stray. Luckily, I'll be traveling there tomorrow and coming back the following Saturday, and Saturdays are my allowed cheat day, so that will make fast food places along the way easier to cope with. I just have to stay on plan Sunday-Friday! I plan to take my computer with me, so hopefully you chickies can help me stay on track! I'm doing a low-ish carb diet, and I can have leans meats, fish, eggs, beans, and non-starchy veggies, so there really are lots to choose from. I can do this, I can do this, I can do this (right?), lol!

Jacqui_D 08-02-2013 12:53 PM

Thanks and will do, bg! Congrats on that lost pound! :yay:

TrayTeam 08-02-2013 01:07 PM

Woohoo! Down almost a pound. I'll take it! Hopefully it sticks.

SW: 177.6
GW: 167.6

8/1: 177.6
8/2: 176.8

pnkrckpixikat 08-02-2013 02:42 PM

congrats to everyone who is down!

Jacqui_D where are you going on vacation?

Jacqui_D 08-02-2013 04:51 PM

TrayTeam, good for you! :cp:

Pixikat, I'm going to VA Beach. Hubby and I have a timeshare there, so we go almost every year. The not-so-fun part is that it's a 10-hour drive! But we have a great time once we get there, so I'm looking forward to it!

Kirsten1126 08-02-2013 05:56 PM

Joining in

Hi all.
I'm ready for a challenge!
My goal is to lose 8 lbs this month.

:^:

LovelyLeah 08-02-2013 06:05 PM

Down a pound, yay!

BleuMaus 08-02-2013 06:21 PM

@ Lovely:
Congrads!!!!

So I'm not working out tomorrow because we are going to 6 Flags Great Adventure and will be walking around all day. My problem is eating.... should i take a day off? Im so excited I am finally in the 170's and I don't want to ruin it

LovelyLeah 08-02-2013 06:45 PM

@Bleu - I just did something similar on Tuesday. We packed lunches (we had to leave the park to eat because they don't allow outside food to be brought in but we also get readmission). I didn't eat anything at the park just because of price but I would suggest if there is one snackey item (for me it's funnel cakes or mini donuts) that is outside of your program allow yourself to have some, but share them with someone else.

Jacqui_D 08-02-2013 10:24 PM

Congrats Leah! :yay:

Bleu, if you can pack a lunch and snacks like Leah mentioned, I'd say go that route since you just hit the 170's. However, if you don't think you can do it, give yourself a cheat day. Eat want you want and don't feel guilty about it, but be aware of what you're eating and don't overeat. You might weigh a bit more the next day, but in the long run, you'll keep losing. It's better to plan a cheat day than to make up your mind you cannot cheat, then slip up and possibly give up and overeat in frustration.

gardenerjoy 08-02-2013 11:28 PM

Goal list

Welcome, one and all! Did I miss anyone? Did I do the math right for your goal?

More are welcome! I can always post another list.

mygirlvj: 5 lbs
BleuMaus: 8.6 lbs
fairandfree: 4.4 lbs
bg124: 6 lbs
niru78: 10 lbs
TwoTots: 14 lbs
nitrus29: 12 lbs
lene1974: 6 lbs
idreamofMEDschool: 20 lbs
Tuscany: 8.25 lbs
TrayTeam: 10 lbs
Jacqui_D: 6 lbs
pnkrckpixikat: 10 lbs
Turtle11: 7 lbs
aspen13: 8 lbs
PurlQueen: 10 lbs
madelinerose94: 8 lbs
SLahti: 14.6 lbs
gardenerjoy: 3.5 lbs
LovelyLeah: 8.5 lbs
JazzyPeggy: 5 lbs
GordonGirl16: 7.2 lbs
wolfgirl69: 11 lbs
seaurchin: 7 lbs
RachelAnne: 7 lbs
Kirsten1126: 8 lbs

lene1974 08-03-2013 06:49 AM

Start weight- 171.1
Goal weight- 165

Aug 1- 171.1
Aug 2- 171.2 (+.1) TOM
Aug 3- 172.8 (+.6)

I'm up a little which I expected. I gave into carb cravings last night and had home made white pizza (yum, buy the way) and frozen yogurt with fresh fruit. Technically, with my run yesterday I was still within my calories, it was just a little carb crazy for me.

I read everyone's posts but I need to get out of the house early and still have to pack some healthy food for the day. I'll try to check back in later!

Really quick, I had a yay moment yesterday... I got my first "are you losing weight" remark! So that took 7lbs and 4 weeks for someone to notice and say something. It was nice to hear!

Have a great day!

Tuscany 08-03-2013 08:56 AM

Good Morning. I'm very happy to report that I said goodbye to another 0.75 lbs this morning!

Aug 1: 157.25
Aug 2: 156.75 (-0.5)
Aug 3: 156.00 (-0.75)

GW: 149.00

Lene: It's great when others start to notice your success, and you can start to enjoy the results of all your hard work. Congrats!

Turtle: My crystal ball tells me you will see a "16" on the scales in the very near future! I might also think about a Zumba class in the fall, but like you I find these classes a little intimidating. We shall see.

GardenerJoy: I'm sorry about yet another UP...but I'm sure it's just water. With your newly-formed good habits, you'll soon see a reversal. :hug:

BleuMaus: Congrats on getting into the 170's. We all love to enter a new decade! FWIW, whenever I go on day trips, I either pack a low-cal picnic lunch or, if picnicking isn't possible, I take a bunch of snacks (apples, other fruit, protein bars, etc.) and eat something light every few hours. Have fun today!

Pixi: Nice loss...you too will soon be in the next decade!

Jacqui: Enjoy VA Beach and try to behave at least a little bit. :)

LovelyLeah: Way to toss a full pound to the curb!

TrayTeam: Great loss...almost a full pound for you too.

Kirsten: Welcome and good luck with your goal!

bg124: 2 lbs in 2 days...woohoo! :carrot: At that rate, you will also enter a new decade soon.

pnkrckpixikat 08-03-2013 11:05 AM

Good morning ladies! Looks like everyone is doing great! That white pizza sounds delicious! I know that someone posted about a cauliflower pizza crust in the recipes section that is low carb, seems like it would go great with a white pizza, maybe with a little grilled chicken on top... yum!

Anyways, the scale is being nice and gave me another -.4 this morning, hopefully it'll continue!

sw:251.4
cw:250.2 (-1.2)
gw:246.1

Turtle11 08-03-2013 11:43 AM

Scale is stuck, hopefully I see some movement tomorrow!

SW (July 31): 172
GW: 165

August 1: 171
August 2: 171
August 3: 171