Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #106  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

LaurenMarie... on you inch loss yay!*

SheraMama... 5 lbs.. Yayyyy glad u had quality time with your lil fasionista!! To cute!

Aleksandra... great job!*

My weekend was great, loved being with my mom. Drank for the first time in the last few months ( I don't drink because of dieting) and still did well... Even tried to pick the healthier drink.. Lol vodka Cran. Plus swam & rafted for hours. Got a little sunburnt even though I used sunblock but it's not to bad & I went to a thrift store in my moms town because they had their "dollar day" and bought 10 things for 10 bucks love getting a deal
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #107  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday evening! Needed to bump this thread a little bit up the chain. Hope everyone who had little ones going back to school today have good stories to tell!

Jillnichole--Very happy to learn you had a fantastic weekend with your mother!

aleksandra--I'm liking your Theory of Food Relativity.

sheramama--Did 10 glasses of water make you wii?

Managed two intense workouts in the pool today. Sore...but it's a good achy feeling! Itching to get on the scale tomorrow!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Happy Monday Ladies! Looks like everyone is doing FAB! Congrats on everyones accomplishments. I was OP all weekend. I havent weighed myself in about almost 2 weeks. When I got on the scale I almost passed out when I saw I was down 7lbs!

Im sure it was a fluke but Ill take it...and I wont be crazy upset if the scale shows something else the next time I weigh in.....Almost to ONEderland!

Have a GREAT GREAT week ladies!
LaurenMarie720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #109  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floriduh View Post
Happy Monday evening! Needed to bump this thread a little bit up the chain. Hope everyone who had little ones going back to school today have good stories to tell!

sheramama--Did 10 glasses of water make you wii?
HAHAHAHAHAHA as a matter of fact, it did. Today too. Which is funny that I ran to the bathroom during my all day training at work more then my preggo friend there. Hmn lol.

JillNicole: It sounds like you had such a great time

I ate really well as planned: 2 light string cheeses, baby carrots, strawberries, watermelon, my grandmother's homemade tomato soup (tomatoes from her garden, water, spices, and a splash of heavy cream for a whole HUGE pot of soup). I did have 1/4 cup of noodles with it and 2 slices of low cal, Polish Bakery Rye Bread. YUM.

My legs still hurt from yesterday's exercises and I will continue it tonight.

Hope everyone is doing great
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:45 PM   #110  
Progress not perfection

Hello ALL!

Floriduh.. Thanks! I'm feeling the same soreness from swimming all day Saturday! Lol I don't have kids going to school but my little sister starts highschool this week crazy!*

Lauren... Yayyyy!! That's awesome, hope it's not a fluke!! Ur so close to Onederlaaaaand! I always try to weigh 2 days in a row or every other day to make sure the weight is correct *

SheraMama... Sounds like a lot of us are sore! We need massages I wish!! Lol.*
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #111  
Inspired

Down a pound! Another pair of good workouts in the pool today! Hoping to kick another pound down the memory hole by Saturday. Psyched!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 PM   #112  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

ItsMyTurn-- Hope you have perfect weather and a grand time with your friends! Fantastic news that your daughters are taking their healthy eating cues from you for the BBQ. What a super healthy way to dissipate stress via biking and a trip to the gym this week.

Thank you! The BBQ was wonderful and so nice to see friends after such a long time!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM   #113  
~Star~

Well heck! I am still getting used to how to do the quote thingy... that was quoted from a passage, not me talking to myself.. promise, LOL!

Everyone is doing great, inches and pounds are all fading away!!!! I am so proud of everyone here!!!! Even when everyone goes OP for a day, they seem to just make up the difference and do wonderfully!!!!! So so so happy for everyone!

AFM - I haven't felt well at all the last couple days, and was thankful I had the day off of work yesterday cause I was out of commission. Still not feeling well enough to dare cardio or strength, and my calories are way low the last couple days too. On the bright end, I am starting to feel a bit better, so guessing a night of good sleep and I will be totally back Regardless of how I am feeling, official WI day tomorrow It's weird, but I am always a bundle of nerves before stepping on that little piece of machinery that measures my body, lol... total head trip sometimes. Hope everyone has an awesome night!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #114  
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
It's weird, but I am always a bundle of nerves before stepping on that little piece of machinery that measures my body, lol... total head trip sometimes.
I certainly understand what you are feeling. Hadn't really planned to share this story, but I have a bundle of nerves tale to tell...

3.6 years ago (Dec. 2007) I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, requiring radical abdominal surgery and internal radiation therapy. Initially, I had follow up visits with the oncologist every 2 months, then every 3 months, then 4 months, finally graduating to every six months. For the first 2+ years, I would become incredibly agitated and anxious for 2-5 days before each visit to the oncologist. The rest of the time was stress leading up to the agitation. I am pleased to say that I finally got over the anxiety prior to the oncology appointments. Unfortunately, I was seriously piling on pounds.

I was already plenty overweight prior to the surgery. However, I gained 34 pounds in the past 3 1/2 years. I was a sloth, and for the first 3 years, none of my doctors would talk to me about my weight gain because of the cancer diagnosis. When I expressed dismay about my weight gain, the doctors would look at me with blank stares. By the time my internist finally mentioned my weight last December, it was completely out of control. June 1st of this year I was diagnosed with diabetes, and it was the big wake up for me.

Anyhow, I am really working to be at least back at or below my pre-surgery weight (194 lbs) when I see the oncologist again in October. IIRC, my weight in April for my last oncology visit was 226 lbs. The office intake questionnaire asks if there has been any unexplained weight loss since the last visit. I'm thinking about filling it in with something witty. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

There's my saga in three paragraphs. btw--my final appointment with the oncologist is in October of this year. If everything checks out fine, he is handing me back to my original GYN doctor. And now you know the rest of the story!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 PM   #115  
~Star~

Floriduh - Thank you so much for sharing that story of yourself... seriously. My mom has gone through that process and also gained significantly (complicated with advanced emphysema and COPD) and is losing "with" me. She is still in our home state, but via SKYPE and LOTS of phone calls, we are serving as each others support systems. I am so proud of you for fighting through that battle, but even more proud that YOU recognized an underlying issue before the doctors even mentioned it. I am sorry that you have to continue fighting, would think one big fight would be enough... but so proud of the drive you have and hope you get a very positive reaction for the weight loss since your last appt. As for a witty response, I highly recommend it... just can't seem to come up with something awesome for you Hopefully someone can make the perfect recommendation
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 AM   #116  
~Star~

Weigh in this morning: 206.4Lbs, which is 2.2Lbs gone forever. Not the number I was hoping for, but now the nerves can calm again until next Wednesday, and it's a loss... I will take it
Old 08-17-2011, 09:01 AM   #117  
Inspired

ItsMyTurn--Congrats for shedding another 2.2 lbs!!!

Thanks so very much for your kind words of encouragement. This is the first time I have talked about my weight in relation to the cancer and surgery. One more deep, dark secret...my surgeon attempted to do the fancy new robotic surgery via laparoscopy. There was too much fat in my belly, so he had to cut me open from stem to stern. There. I've said it. The shame about that and the huge surgical scars because of it have been a constant source of guilt and frustration for the past 3.6 years. There are no bikinis in my future, but I see some really cute little one piece swimsuits out there, and I have a new one to motivate me into that little size.

On to happier topics! Onederland...here we come! Off to the pool for morning workout. Best wishes to all for a perfect day!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #118  
~Star~

Floriduh - Don't forget about tankinis Then you get the convenience of a 2 piece, and the trendy style of 2 piece, but the coverage and added appeal of a 1-piece
Old 08-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
Well heck! I am still getting used to how to do the quote thingy... that was quoted from a passage, not me talking to myself.. promise, LOL!
omg, haha!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #120  
Progress not perfection

to all the beautiful women and 1 great man I get to weigh in with every week!