Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #76  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

ItsMyTurn.. TY for your kind words!

Pickle... We would love to have you join!! You can do it!!

Lauren... Let us know how you like C25k! I want to start that soon too.. maybe when its not so
blazing hot!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #77  
BlockHead =)

jillnicole and ItsMyTurn: thank you both for the encouragement!!

ItsMyTurn: we live outside of Augusta..DH is from a tiny town between Waterville and Bangor. I am from Martha's Vineyard (an island off the coast of Cape Cod, Mass). We met in college and I became a transplant though I'll always be an Island Girl

Glad DD is feeling better enough to try school..I forgot how early you all start down there! Sorry about the complications Must be tough on her as an energetic young person and on you as a mom who just wants to make it better. Sending you both good thoughts for the best possible outcome with all of it.

LaurenMarie: I did a walking c25K a few years ago on the treadmill. It was fun! I hope you enjoy it!

darius: bummer! I was hoping you'd get some long term benefit/motivation from the class

Pickle: great job so far!

jillnicole: it's HARD to resist birthday cake! so I hope noone tempted you! Did you get to do something fun to celebrate or are you waiting for the weekend so you can do it up right? hehe

Happy, healthy day to all!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #78  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Default A Grand Hump Day

I've lost 20lbs!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #79  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!!!!!

jeniansmom - What a small world!!!! I was an hour north of Bangor, up by Baxter state park. Thank you for your words for DD and on my behalf as well. She made it through yesterday very sore, but did it! She has got to be the strongest young lady I know! The school did give her a key to the elevator, so she could use that and help her with her mobility

So weigh in for me was today. On top of all my other fears, add to it that my TOM just started today....and what do you think happened? I thought it would too.... and again, I am soooo happy to be wrong! LOL! The scale went down! YAY! Looking at my ticker all updated and smiling! Then, put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in eons... even when I bought them I had muffin top above the waist... not now! The strength training and fitness stuff is really paying off too Happy Hump Day all!!!!!

JillNicole - How was the birthday for ya??
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Thanks for the welcomes

I'm having another positive day because it's been a lovely day! I took my boys to the beach for the day and then did a Zumba class this evening. I've been good on the food front and like I say I just feel positive today. I wish I could bottle this feeling!

I hope everyone else is feeling good too.

Well done Itsmyturn on your loss this week.

And Floriduh! Well done on your loss too
Pickle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #81  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Congratulations FLORIDUH
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #82  
Progress not perfection

Jeniansmom... I had no birthday cake, yay! This weekend there will be birthday cake at my little sisters bday party so I'm bringing fruit, will see how it goes LOL

Floriduh... yay! congrats on the 20 lbs mark!

ItsMyTurn... Bday was OK......
I had to go to court for some divorce stuff :/ then go fill out new work papers, then drug test lol so that was all not fun, I did go see Transformers 3 last night which was fun but then found out this morning that my apt was broken into while I was gone and they stole my IPOD, and MP3 Player. Grrr.. so now no music while walking, but oh well! Could be worse

Pickle27... I love Zumba!

Darius... Hope your week is going well!

Sheramama... Miss yOU!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #83  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Wow JillNicole - very sorry to hear your stuff was stolen.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

hello
just to let you all know I'm still alive and on track I've had a few crazy days now and had no time to get to my computer and report myself in
I'm very happy to read that everyone is doing well on their challenge. We rock
My exercising has improved a bit, I'm running now 3:30 : 0:45 intervals of running : walking and I haven't had any musclefever in about a week. I do have a few problems with my endurance because I'm always running out of breath in my intervals. When this gets better I'll move on to more challenging intervals
as for the food, I've had 2 cheat days because of my cousins birthday (2 slices of cake) and my fathers birthday (4 muffins) but otherwise I'm doing well, eating only 75 % cocoa chocolate and my usual whole grain, good fats and lean protein stuff
hope everyone is well and will stay on track!!!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:41 AM   #85  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks darius, pickle, Jillnichole for the cheers! 20 lbs wasn't an official goal for me. It just happens that the last time I was seriously trying to lose weight, I only lost 19 lbs. That was over 10 years ago. I have much better motivation now!

Jillnichole--upsetting news about your stolen items. You already have plenty of difficult things going on without that too. Stay strong!

ItsMyTurn--Congrats for your weight loss!

darius--I hope you find a workout buddy very soon!

House guests arriving shortly. Lots to do. Best wishes for a happy and healthy day to all!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #86  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

JillNicole, I am so sorry to hear about someone breaking into your place. I am so glad they were gone when you got back though. I have found exercise to be the best stress-buster out there

aleksandra - Glad to hear you are on track and still kicking Isn't it wonderful when the exercise levels are able to improve?? I am so happy for you!

Floriduh - Enjoy your house guests!

On my end... was at work when DH visited to inform me our electric had been shut off... oy! So was dealing with all of that, arguing with them, trying to manuever some things, and had it back on by time the commute home was over. The kids were very thankful, it was getting hot in the house with over 100 outside (this stuff can't happen when it's cool out, lol). So when I got home, after dealing with all that stress, I changed and went biking. I pedaled hard and DH came with. After I ate, I hit the gym. I have a few muscles that I think I may have overdid it with, but boy it felt good to let it out So, a great workout and awesome addition of some cardio on my strength day
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #87  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

JillNicole: I can't believe your luck with the apt! That's horrible! I hope nothing else was taken. Things have to go up from that! Much love for that and court...everything happens for a reason and you are meant for better things.

Floriduh: Good job with 20lb loss! WHOO HOO!

Aleksandra: awesome keeping OP.

ItsMyTurn: great that u had a loss with TOM. I love that ur keeping ur chin up with all that is going around you...ur a very positive person

I missed you guys too
I haven't exercised for 4 days, though I ate decently sans the chocolate attack. I havent been feeling well; idk why. I havent been on bc my vision's been swimming. I finally had a searing headache at work today, the kind that you can't focus as I am trying to change the verbal/behavior program with my client. After I took stuff for it, I felt better than I had in days. Hmn who knows. I also just received my package of suppliments from puritan.com of all the things that are supposed to help my health. (which I was supposed to start a yr and a half ago). Hopefully, they will.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Last edited by sheramama; 08-11-2011 at 10:38 PM.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 AM   #88  
Progress not perfection

Just those items were stolen, the neighbor across the street saw the person and scared him out of the house. It was one of my neighbors right next to me, I think a boy late teens. I grew up in the town I live in now and it is really safe fairly small town, probably just a troubled boy, but looks like he may be going to jail, so hopefully a wakeup call for him.
I'm just glad my laptop was at my boyfriends parents I'm surprised the guy would chance it... my boyfriend lives with me and he's 6'6, 260 lbs, and muscular, but I'm assuming he only saw me.
So no worries, I'm not afraid at home , I got Rambo for protection lol

Weigh in tomorrow!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:18 AM   #89  
BlockHead =)

Floriduh: YAY!! Congratulations

ItsMyTUrn: Great job keeping the scale moving in the right direction even with the extra stress in your life...that's awesome! It feels great when clothes fit better too doen't it?

Pickle: glad you are feeling so good!

darius: Hi!

jillnicole: sorry about the breakin glad it wasn't worse and that everyone is safe btw: how did you like Transformers 3? DS and I went a few weeks ago.

aleksansdra: great job! Special occasions are hard...good for you for not letting them derail you

shera: sorry you haven't been feeling well...and the headache..yuck! I hope the supplements help.

Did my "officia" weigh in today. 245! Another 4 lbs down. And my blood sugar is awesome. I finally got a new prescription of test strips. These are not over a year out of date lol and the readings are actually lower than they were with the old ones. So, overall I'm feeling pretty good about how things are going.

Happy health Friday to all!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
Just those items were stolen, the neighbor across the street saw the person and scared him out of the house. It was one of my neighbors right next to me, I think a boy late teens. I grew up in the town I live in now and it is really safe fairly small town, probably just a troubled boy, but looks like he may be going to jail, so hopefully a wakeup call for him.
I'm just glad my laptop was at my boyfriends parents I'm surprised the guy would chance it... my boyfriend lives with me and he's 6'6, 260 lbs, and muscular, but I'm assuming he only saw me.
So no worries, I'm not afraid at home , I got Rambo for protection lol

Weigh in tomorrow!
glad to hear that all is well!
and thaks to everyone so much for the support - that was a serious motivation for me! tanks!!!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote