Old 08-28-2011, 08:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 237/221/137

Height: 5'5''

I was thinking that too..or we could also start a new challenge since August is almost over.

Three more days and I will have worked out every day in August. Now I gotta focus on not caving to the temptations at work which should be easier now that the first week is over because we won't be fed as much now and I can go back to bringing my own lunch without so many yummy temptations. I stayed within my points last week but ate too many sweets and didn't loose anything. At least I didn't gain anything.

lmb..hope you are hanging in there!!
ashamalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 166/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Ok, first I want to say I'm sorry for being MIA. Thank you guys so much for your concern and I promise it wont happen again.

Secondly, after about 2 weeks of bumming because of the breakup, I"M DONE. I found out a lot of stuff that really made getting over the whole thing pretty damn easy lol I'm actually already back out dating and I've already been on a few dates haha

This being said, I'm now back on track. I want to lose this weight once and for all. I managed to not really gain this whole time, I'm still at 158. I am trying to look at that as a good thing.

I definitely want to keep this going or start a new thread. You guys have been great, sorry I can't say the same for myself. So here's what I was thinking....I have a halloween party on Oct 15th. That will be exactly 45 days from Sept. 1st. Are you guys interested in doing a 45 day challenge?

Ashamalee, I am sooo proud of you for working out every day in August! That is honestly incredible to me! I will seriously be using you for inspiration!

Jade, you did such a good job during the challenge! You got so close to goal and that is really all that matters in the end. Let's set new goals for ourselves and get to where we want to be slowly but surely!

I think if we decide to do the 45 day challenge, I'm going to set a goal to lose 13lbs so I end up at 145. That's just a tad over 2lbs a week. I'm going to workout 4 days a week at least. That is definitely doable for me. What would you guys like to accomplish?
lmb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 237/221/137

Height: 5'5''

Lmb...no worries. we are just glad you are ok and moving on! good for you for not putting on any weight..I'm impressed!!

a 45 day challenge sounds good to me. I think 13 pounds is a good goal. I'm going to do 13 - 14 pounds too..that would put me right around 215. I just need to.concentrate on keeping out the high fat and sugar sweets so that I loose. I did better when I had a specific weight goal so I hope this helps. For working out, I'm going to stick with the shred for now. I'm going to aim to continue to workout everyday but if I miss a day that's fine. now that school has started I'm busier, more tired, and more active chasing after kids. I just want to keep things realistic.

here's to the next 45 days!
ashamalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 AM   #64  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Hi gals, glad to see you both back!

LMB, no worries, we all fall off some times.

I have not been consistent in anything for the past two weeks.

This is a pattern that seems to constantly rear it's ugly head and I really want to break it.

I think a 45 day challenge is a great idea.

My last weigh in on Saturday I believe I was at 228 again. So I have farther to go but I accept the consequences of my actions (or inaction) and will move on.

I have got to find exercise that I enjoy doing. I enjoy walks and biking with my hubby but for some reason I have been resistant, not sure if it's just a sense of pointlessness (which is ridiculous but there it is) or boredom. For now I have come to the realization that I cannot look at high impact or super quick movement exercises because my body just cannot handle them right now.

I need to spice things up but with exercises or activities that do not put too much strain on my body.

I realize that I want to be stronger and farther along than I really am.

I need to just set my mind to doing it and not thinking about doing it, if that makes any sense.

I realize my mind set is a big factor in this, but I won't be able to simply think myself thin. I have to map out a plan and then PHYSICALLY follow it.

My goal for the 45 days is to get into the 210s. With my back and forth this is what I want to focus on. Once I reach that goal (hopefully before 45 days are up ) I will set a new number goal.

So starting tomorrow my goal is to lose 9 pounds and get to 219. From there I will make another goal.

Thanks ladies for being here! We can do this!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 166/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Yey! I'm glad we are all still on board! Both of your goals sound great and definitely doable.

Jade- I cannot relate to you more when it comes to the apathy towards working out. Sometimes I'm just all about it and the next few days I'm using every excuse in the book to avoid it. I've decided to not be too hard on myself and make sure that I'm working out 4 days a week. That way I'm working out more often than not but I'm not pushing myself to work out every day because some of us just don't have your will power ashamalee! So either way, 4 days a week, whatever I feel like doing. I would definitely consider yoga or pilates. I've heard yoga can be a crazy workout but it's very easy on your joints because there is no jumping around etc. I'm going to keep with the shred and a few of my other DVDs.

The last challenge was sort of a bust in that I really only lost 1 lb the whole time but I definitely got up and moving more which is great and I can see the changes in the way my clothes fit. I just need to keep it up!

Today is Day 1 and I'm definitely back in the mindset! We can do this ladies
lmb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #66  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Hey gals, I started a new thread called 45 Day Challenge, so I would say lets meet over there!

It's still in the Chicks up for a Challenge forum

Last edited by Jade235; 09-01-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote