Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 PM   #46  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Hi gals,

Well, oddly enough even after some not smart eating this week I weighed in this evening (just seeing where I am) and the scale said 225.5. So, that helped me to want to stay smart tonight and eat as well as I can tonight.

I walked around A LOT at work today working on a project so that was good for me.

Good job on your attitude lmb, it's so difficult to not get down on ourselves isn't it? And you've been doing really well this week, so don't beat yourself up about not working out. It's about being consistent, not perfect.

I did my 8MITM today, so I am 5 for 5 mornings so far. Tomorrow is number 6 and then a rest day scheduled for Sunday. We have friends coming over for lunch on Sunday so that will be my treat meal. I'm going to try to make it to soccer that night but we'll see how my knees are doing.

Can't wait to see our weigh ins, I believe we will all be successful!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:17 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/221/137

Height: 5'5''

I weighed in this morning and I was at 234 so 3 pounds lost this week I also stuck with my goal of working out 2 times a day 5 times this week and I did the shred every day. I was bad and had some french fries last night but I was still within my points since I hadn't eaten too much throughout the day because I was running around.

My goal for this week at the beach is to continue to do the 30 day shred every day and to make healthy food choices and not over eat. My hope is to do more than just the shred workout eat day like take a walk or do my pilates. I'm not making it an official goal because I don't want to set myself up to fail.

Jade, you've been doing really awesome! Consistently loosing 2-3 pounds a week! Nice work

Keep up the good choices and have a great weekend ladies!!
ashamalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #48  
Looking forward

Hi gals!

So I weighed in this morning and my scale was acting WAY weird. I also weigh about 3 times to make sure the number is accurate. Well this morning the number jumped from 225.5 to 226 to 227 to 224! So, obviously my scale is broken.

However, I DID get 225 consistently twice so I am taking that number as my weigh in. Mostly I'm doing that because when I go buy a new scale I may get a totally different number because every scale is different.

That for me this morning is reall discouraging because I have been working hard for this and it's frustrating to think that I could potentially have a higher number when I re-weigh just because the scale is different.

I know that it's not all about the number on the scale but when that is what I am using to measure a goal for myself it is REALLY frustrating when it could start from scratch.

Granted I did eat a lot more crap this week than I should but my maintenance weigh ins were coming in consistently all the way up to this morning.

I don't know, we'll see what the new scale brings, maybe it will be an even LOWER number and I can do my happy dance

BUT, if my weigh in is correct this morning that is another 2 pounds down. I'm just 3 pounds away from my goal so I have to work REALLY FREAKING HARD this week to lose them.

My goal for this week is to continue to do my 8MITM (haven't done it yet this morning but going to after this post) and to stay within my 30 points a day limit.

New activity points goal is 25. That's high but I know I can do it.

Thanks for being here as a support and totally understanding how I feel this morning. The scale can be a great tool but it can also be frustrating because each is so different.

Enough with the ranting, on to further success!

Ashamalee: GREAT JOB on keeping up with your work out goal. I know you will do fantastic this week at the beach. Take advantage of the beautiful scenary and enjoy outdoor activities. As long as you track your points you should be able to enjoy your goodies too!

Can't wait to see your weigh in numbers!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 166/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA, I was sick. I'm better today though so that's good. Needless to say I wasn't able to work out but I didn't gain any weight either so that's good! I'm going to go home and pick up where I left off and work out really hard!

You both have done such a great job! Keep it up gals!

Sorry this is short, I just missed a day of work so I'm crazy busy!
lmb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #50  

Lmb....glad that you are feeling better and ready to pick up right where you left off!

jade ...how's the new scale? if the number is off you could just keep converting it to what it would have been on your old scale until the end of your challenge/goal and then adjust. I hate how all scales are different.

so far I have done the shred DVD everyday. I've been trying to keep track of points mentally at least. yesterday was probably the first day I went over because we had drinks and went out and had pizza late but I can take that from the extra weekly ones and hopefully be ok. I need to put everything in the tracker but its kind of a pain to do it on my phone. I did make a good choice this morning though..I really could gave gone for a greasy dd breakfast sandwich but I was good and got Greek yogurt and fruit. much better decision and leaves more room for margarita night! vacation plus diet isn't the easiest but I'm trying!! Done pretty well with sticking to my goal so far!
Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #51  
Looking forward

Hey gals, great job both of you!

lmb: you have a great attitude, it's so frustrating when you are gathering momentum and then you get sick! UGH! But I'm glad to hear you are feeling better and are getting back on track.

Ashamalee: I was discussing my scale problem with my friend and he said it's pretty much a myth/lie people tell themselves that scales are different. He said they are pretty much the same. lol

Anyway, either way, I weighed in this morning to try out the new scale and was at 224.4!!!

BUT, this week I will have TOM so I will more than likely go up because of water retention (so that is temptation to just say screw it, I'll eat what I want).

Which, ironically I have been eating off and on plan and kind of tracking but not really but I really think that just MOVING more has helped to balance it out.

Glad to hear you are having fun on your vacation, that's the most awesome part about WW, you can still have fun!

I have not done the moves for my 8MITM the last two mornings because of headaches BUT I have gone on 1/2 walks to clear my head and it helped a lot, plus I still got exercise so I'm counting that as keeping up with my goals! LOL

I have been feeling a lot better physically even after just a couple weeks of consistent movement and that feels awesome.

Anyway, glad to touch base with you ladies, we'll see how this weekend weigh in goes!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #52  

Hey gals!

Both of you are doing so well! Jade, congrats on the loss! I'm right there with you in that, while I haven't done the 30 Day Shred or BBL all the days, I'm considering it still reaching goal if I get up and get moving in any capacity. And Ashamalee, I don't know how you've stuck with the Shred. I honestly despise that video lol there's just something about it. I am doing it here and there though, I think it might be the repetitiveness of it lol.

I haven't weighed myself so I have no idea where I am but I'm just really focusing on moving as much as I can because like I said before, what really counts is losing inches and it really doesn't matter what the scale says as long as I'm smaller!

Well I can't believe it but it's another weekend! We can do this!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #53  

Hi girls!

I weighed myself this morning..first morning back from vaca..and was nervous to get on the scale but I'm 231!! I LOST THREE POUNDS ON VACATION!!!! I literally danced around just like the carrot! lol Never have I ever lost weight on vaca! I was nervous because the second half of the week I didn't really keep track of points. I kind of just guessed or just ate smaller portions than I would have and tried to eat more of the healthiest thing if I was still hungry. I also turned down ice cream a couple times because I wasn't hungry. I think I lost pounds and gained it in will power! My friends were all amazed at how I got up every morning to do the shred (I even had the excuse of no DVD player to do it but I still did it since I had it memorized by that point) and that I could turn down ice cream just because I wasn't hungry. I'm so proud of myself!

I had measured myself for WW just to see because I have never kept track of inches like that so I wanted to give it a try too. I'm going to measure myself today and see if there are any differences. I'm not sure how accurately I'm doing it but I'll see. I have noticed a difference in clothes I think...I can't tell if its just a mental thing because I feel better and know the good choices I'm making or if there really is a difference. Probably a little bit of both.

Great job girls keeping up with moving! I agree with you both that the real goal is to just be moving not necessarily a specific workout.

LMB, the shred annoys me too. I haven't found a workout DVD that doesn't. I typically turn down the volume and watch TV or listen to music while I'm working out to drown out the annoying talking. While I was on vacation and couldn't watch the DVD, I just set a timer on my phone so I knew how long to do each workout since thats all I really use the DVD for. 45 secs for each strength move and 30 secs for each cardio and abs move. I started level 2 today since level 1 wasn't kicking my butt as much. Level 2 def did!

My goal for this week is to get back to more specifically tracking points and to continue to do level 2 of the shred and to get some 2 a day workouts in again. Do you girls have any specific/new goals for the week?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #54  
Looking forward

Hi gals!

So I weighed in on Saturday and was amazed to see 224.8.

I only lost .2 of a pound but I lost weight during my TOM week and when I wasn't really counting or getting in my exercise as consistently as before, so I'll take whatever victory I can.

I have failed at my 8MITM pretty much since I took my dog to the pet emergency hospital on Tuesday night and we did not get home and in bed until 2AM! He is fine, thankfully, just a really bad inflamation, temperature and ear infection, but it threw off my whole groove.

So this week, I am going back to exercising at night, bare minimum of 30 minutes whether it's walking or biking. I am going to try to get in some strength training as well but right now I'm just restarting myself.

So I did not hit my goal of 10 pounds lost in the 20 day challenge but I got darn close! As of right now since my highest weight I have lost about 13 pounds. So I will have to set a new goal and reward for myself.

New goal: Once I reach 219 pounds I can purchase that necklace that I want. That will be my "threshold breaking" reward. So for now that is pretty much 6 pounds I have to lose to earn that reward. Totally doable!

Ashamalee: WAY TO GO GIRL!!!!! We are so proud of you for your efforts and you have been rewarded for sure!

Way to be a great example and inspiration to your friends and to yourself.
You totally need to take your measurements, I need to do mine too and take my before picture!

So, so, so proud of you
Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #55  

Hey!

You both are doing so great! I feel like I'm letting the group down because while I've been working out I haven't been doing great eating and I'm nervous to get on the scale so I haven't.

Ashamalee- CONGRATS! I think it is very very very rare to actually lose while on vacation! I know I've never done it and I thought it was a diet myth! I can't believe you did the shred every day! You have soooo much more willpower than I do lol Keep up the good work!

Jade- You are doing so well too! I completely understand about the whole life getting in the way kinda thing. I'm so glad your dog is OK! The fact that you just keep moving, no matter what it is is great. You are only 5lbs away from your new goal! You can do it!

Well, here's what's been up with me. I've been having trouble, a lot of trouble recently because my boyfriend and I broke up (don't want to talk about it lol). One minute I have no appetite whatsoever and the next I'm binging to try and make myself feel better. When I do 'binge' I try to make it as healthy as possible so at least I'm eating healthy food right? It's pathetic. I have to get my act together. It's just so hard because I'm just so depressed.

Oh well, life goes on right? Keep up the great work girls! Your successes are truly inspirational and I'm going to go home and work out and just eat a normal dinner. Thanks for your support!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #56  

aw, lmb, sorry to hear about you and your bf. boys suck! lol

at least you are consciously choosing healthy foods...i would def be chowing down on some cookie dough! working out can be a good stress reliever and a good way to get out some frustration..you just have to remember to go that route instead of something else. hang in there!

jade, great new goal and reward! keep working hard and it should only take 2-3 weeks to get that necklace

i haven't been very motivated to do my 2 a day workouts. just doing the shred last week and still loosing is making it hard to have the drive to workout twice. i cant wait until level 2 starts to not be so deadly. i think its going to take a lot longer than level 1. i have more trouble keeping up with 2.

have a good week girls! hang in there and work hard!!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #57  
Looking forward

Hey gals!

lmb: so sorry about you and your boyfriend. I know it's so difficult when that happens and you just feel like you're in a hole. My advice (for what it's worth because I know words are most often easier than action) would be to write down why you are worth taking care of yourself. But also maybe write out your fears, frustrations, worries, hurts over this, etc and then when it's all out on paper throw it away or burn it, or if you prefer typing (like I do most of the time) delete everything so you don't focus on it. I find that writing things out, whether on paper or not helps get it out of your head so you can focus on other things.

After you purge the bad, focus on the good: write down your plan to bounce back. Take baby steps, but focus on something positive if you can.

Sorry if this sounds preachy, it is not meant that way. Just trying to encourage you as best I can.

Ashamalee: You can do it! You have been doing so well, keep up the good work! We are both really proud of you for your determination and dedication!

I on the other hand will not be able to do my exercise plan because I got sunburned rather badly yesterday so I can't put on my sports bra. I hope it goes away soon.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #58  

Hi girls!

How was everyone's week/weekend?

LMB..hope you are hanging in there!!

Jade..hope your sunburn is better

I would just like to say....goodbye 230s and hello 220s down another 2 pounds when I weighed in on saturday! I wore my more form fitting dress than I normally do to the wedding I had this weekend and got lots of compliments..it felt great!

Today I started back to work and got up and did level 2 of the shred before I went to work. Now I've just got to continue that all year when I'm stressed and tired. I'm curious to see how the weightloss goes now that I'm back to work since I'm up for more hours of the day so I eat more naturally. Also gotta keep up that will power against all the tempting treats at work.

Hope you guys are doing well!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #59  
Looking forward

Ashamalee: WAY TO GO!!! So proud of you girlfriend!

That is such an amazing accomplishment.

You can totally stay focused, you have laid GREAT ground work and foundations for that during the time you have been working out consistently.

I weighed in on Saturday morning at was up to 226.4 so up 2 pounds but I know that I can do this. I have not made a super concentrated effort to get back on track. Bare honesty: I have just been lazy about it and using life and circumstances as excuses.

BUT, I know I am better than this and can make the changes, I just need to make myself.

Glad to see your success Ashamalee, it is an inspiration to us!

lmb, hope you are doing well and that we hear from you soon. Hang in there, I know you're going through a tough time with your break up. We are here for you!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #60  
Looking forward

Hey ladies, do we want to start a new thread since we're past our 20 day challenge? Not sure what we'd want to call it.