Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #151  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default need some support

Have been having a bad week - sticking with my points but no exercise. I'm very depressed about my foot pain and not being able to go to work, which means I'm not making any money which stresses me out which, you guessed it, makes me eat...

I have several work out DVDs I could do that are low impact or weights and am even procrastinating on that.

Sorry to be such a bummer, thought of not posting, but maybe some support and inspiration will help me get out of this mental and physical rut...

C
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #152  
~Kim~

Calmeida ~ Sorry to hear you're in a rut. Hopefully your foot gets better soon so you can get back on track.

Another good day for me. Tomorrow is my mid month weighin. I have to say I feel good, and when I look in the mirror I definitely see a difference. Who knows what the scale will say tomorrow, but I know I've been doing the best I can so I'm going to be happy no matter the number.

Hope everyone had a great day!

On plan Goal: 14/31
Water Goal: 14/31
Exercise Goal: 12/26
Checking in Goal: 14/31
No Chocolate Goal: 14/31
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #153  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Evening everyone,

Emme - Thanks for the motivation. You are so right.

Calm - I hope your foot gets better soon so you can return to work. You're right, it's no fun when the money isn't coming in. Stay strong.

Timboa - I hope you have a pleasant surprise at your official W/I. Keep up the great work.

Great job Kim - You are rockin it girl.

I had a good day. I enjoyed my taco salad at lunch and was still full at dinner so I didn't eat anything else. I was planning for today to be a high calorie day but it ended up being less than 1000 cals

Have a great evening everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 AM   #154  
~Kim~

Ooooooooook. So I said last night that I would be happy no matter the number. And I meant it, I did. BUT. To be honest I am disappointed. 3.4lbs down for the last two weeks. A loss, yes. The loss I wanted? No. I was pretty much hoping for double that. I've been completely on plan and that was not the result I was expecting.

I'm so not ready for my losses to slow down at this point, but I obviously have no choice in the matter. If my losses stay at this level or drop any more than my goal for the end of October is really out of reach. I picked 185 because I thought 10lbs a month was reasonable because that's what I've always averaged when I've stayed on plan and also because I'm pretty sure that's less than I weighed when I met my husband when I was 15.

Ok, so it's not over yet. I still have time and even if I only make it halfway to that goal I'll still be lighter then I've been in a good 10 years. I'm not going to go binge or anything, but I am going to have a mini pity party it seems. I'm just a little bummed right now.. =P I'm sure you all know how it is to feel like you haven't been rewarded for your hard work.

*sigh*

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-15-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #155  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday!!!

Kim - 3.4 pounds in 2 weeks is great!!! I'll be happy with that for the month girl. Remember what you told me the other day... "no matter the number is you should be super proud of yourself. =)"
Be proud of that 3.4 because we're proud of you. You're almost in the 2 teens.

Last night I upped my daily calories by having some pringles & red wine. I ended up with about 1400 calories.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:17 AM   #156  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Fri July 15

B: Cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/skim milk
L: Salad w/cheese & 1/2 grilled chicken breast, reg dressing, dark choc
S: Mixed nuts, 1 gl red wine
D: Wasn't hungry after the nuts
Exercise: Walked 3 miles

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-15-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #157  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Timoba ~ I will keep my fingers crossed that you have a good WI

calmeida ~ I'm sorry you are having a bad week. It's great that you posted, though. It helps to vent! I hope today is a better day for you.

Kim ~ 3.6 pounds is an awesome loss, and I know you know that, but I also know what it's like to not lose what you thought you'd lose. Like you said, even if you only make it halfway, at least that is less than you've been in a long time!! Hang in there and keep going, girl!

GettinFit ~ Mmm...wine sounds so good...glad you were able to up your calories to get to your range!

I hope everyone else is doing great...happy Friday! My nephew's birthday is Sunday, but we are meeting for a small family lunch at a restaurant. I usually get their grilled chicken sandwich because it is so yummy, and I love their fries...I think I am going to get them and have that be a higher calorie meal for the day/weekend. We shall see.

I have a confession. I found the scale. By accident. I weighed myself this morning. I really thought I wouldn't weigh myself if I happened to find it, but I did find it. And I did weigh myself. I feel more relieved now that I have weighed myself because I wanted to make sure I was still on pace, but I feel bad that I couldn't hold out another two weeks. I'm not going to weigh myself daily anymore, and I'm going to try to hold out until the 29th (at least I made it 9 days without weighing!), but I might check in with myself next Friday. GettinFit ~ I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the 29th. I feel really bad that I started this "challenge" with you and couldn't do it.

Last edited by Emme; 07-15-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #158  
Stay Focused & Committed

Emme - You're right, it is unbelievably hard to not know whether you're on pace or not. I'm glad it was down for you and that you're on pace to reach your goal by the 31st. I was soooo tempted this morning to take a peek but I'll try and hold out a couple more weeks.

I just know you will be celebrating 165 very soon

Don't beat yourself up over weighing early. I may go for it next Friday instead of the 29th. I so want to know if I'm on pace too.

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-15-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #159  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone, and happy Friday!

I'm happy dancing for everyone who is doing fabulously (there are so many of you)!

I am feeling great and my eating has been OP. I also just discovered the joys of almond butter as a peanut butter replacement - I love peanut butter but I think almond butter is agrees with me - I think it might be the lower sugar level in the AB i'm using (I'm pre-diabetic, so this is a concern for me).

I am sad to report that I haven't actually started my Insanity workouts again...the past two days I have been ridiculously exhausted after work and so I paid attention to my body and just slept as much as I could...and it's paid off! I wasn't getting my regular 6 to 8 hours a night for weeks now and it caught up with me! Feeling better today so I'm thinking today will be the day I get back to it!

Today is feeling like a great day to get completely back on track!
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:31 PM   #160  
~Kim~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Remember what you told me the other day... "no matter the number is you should be super proud of yourself. =)"
Be proud of that 3.4 because we're proud of you. You're almost in the 2 teens.
I know, I know, I know! I feel a lot better then I did this morning.. Thanks ladies. =)

I went shopping today. I wore a shirt that I've been able to wear for a while, but it fits a lot better now. I was walking through Kohl's and everytime I walked past one of their full length mirrors I could really tell a difference. Even with my 5 year old in tow I saw a couple guys check me out a few times and in one store the cashier flirted with me. It's really nice to feel like I'm getting attractive again. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-15-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. I'm new here and hope to get to know you all very soon. I was referred to this thread by gettinfit who gave it a raving review. I have soooo been looking for a good support group and from what she says, that's what I'll find here. So, here I am!

July goals:
1) OP rest of the days in this month
2) take a picture of everything I eat with my phone then journal it!
3) be very intentional about getting veggies and fruits into my body
4) I bike a lot but my goal is to exercise the other days too so I want to exercise all but one day each week. I need to exercise for at least 30 min.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll be back next week to get my feet more wet with your site! THANKS for letting me come here!

Last edited by workinmom; 07-15-2011 at 05:17 PM.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:50 PM   #162  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hey Workinmom - I'm so glad you found us! This is an awesome group of ladies and everyone is doing so good. You'll love posting here. Your goals for the rest of the month are great goals and I know you can stick to 'em. Just post as often as you can and let us know how it's going.

Kim - Way to go on having the guys check you out That's always such an ego booster for me I'm glad you're feeling better about your loss too. You'll probably make up for it when you do your next W/I.

Tricia - Great job on staying OP! You did good to listen to your body and give it some rest. I bet you'll rock those Insanity Workouts next week.

Emme - We didn't mention a challenge to stay OP over the weekend. Don't know if you're up to it but I'm gonna go for it again this weekend. I just don't want to let my guard down and start the crazy snacking again.

I hope everyone else had a great day.

I did a 3 mile walk this evening. It finally cooled of a bit here so I was able to get out and walk. I did okay with eating today except I had a few too many nuts this eveniing and wasn't hungry at dinner so I didn't eat anything.

Have a great evening everyone
Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #163  
Hard Working Chick

GettinFit- thanks. I lost 1lb. I wanted more, but I'll accept it. :-)

Emme- thank you.

Are we supposed to only weigh on the 31st for this challenge? I already stepped on the scale but can hold off until then if thats what everyone else is doing.
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #164  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

GettinFit ~ Yes, I'm trying my hardest to have an OP weekend...glad you mentioned it! Hope your weekend is going great and I'm glad you were able to get outside and get some walking in with the cooler weather!

Timoba ~ You can weigh yourself whenever you'd like! I used to weigh daily and thought I could hold out until the 29th, but that didn't happen.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #165  
~Kim~

Evening ladies. Having a pretty dull weekend. But on plan. Hope everyone is enjoying theirs.

On plan Goal: 16/31
Water Goal: 16/31
Exercise Goal: 14/26
Checking in Goal: 16/31
No Chocolate Goal: 16/31