Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #91  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

So here i am, nice to see everyone plugging away, Working hard on exiting the funk, weather has cleared off today and right now it's sunny out, suns preparing to set though, crosses fingers for tomorrow and the next few days.

Did 6.2 miles walk and 6.2 miles on the bike today bringing me to 31 miles the last 3 days, if i had of ate properly it might have been good but alas that's not the case.

Need to dig deep now, try and see some headway ending this week out, sorry i'm not more talkative, just trying to keep it together lately, hoping to be more centered soon and back to participating more.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:19 PM   #92  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Girlfromstelle - you're on!!!! I'm always up for more motivation!

Reso - happy to see you posting

Celrae - good job on your wine free days! I've been doing the "Booze Free Til Friday" challenges with Sarge, and I'm still ready to crack by Wednesday! Only the promise of 5pm on Fridays pulls me through.

MadamB - I'm dying and it's only day one! I have day two of "Operation BUTT-er Meltin'" tomorrow with the Biggest Loser bootcamp. If the weight doesn't come off with all this exercise, I may be flinging myself off a building
Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #93  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

pop on...

Nice! Gauntlet thrown and accepted. This one makes the pledge board for sure and we shall ALL be watching.

Girlfrom vs. Pokey... Woman-o e Woman-o! First one to 140 lbs.!

pop off...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:03 AM   #94  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hey, just a quickie before bed. As some of you may know I work in a nursing home, well I don't work in the nursing home part, but I work in Memory care, assisted living and independent living. Well tonight I worked at independent living and there is a fella, nickname Cully and he has a piece of wood that's been sanded and is very pretty outside his apt. This piece of word says: Cully's thought of the day. Today it read:

You are a very unique and special individual. Just like everyone else!

Think about it . . . I had to laugh . . . toooo funny

Pokey: I have to go here . . . QUOTE: Sarge - there was some spazzy boxing...my trainer said, "Really PUNCH this one - like you mean it!" and so I threw my weight behind it...and the bag swung...my glove glanced off of it...and down I went. The trainer was hilarious though, got down and did the ol' one-two-three-she's OUT!!!! slapping of the mat . . . I had to laugh, sorry I couldn't help myself and all I could think was: Can you say "BALLET CLASS" I think I'll start calling you GRACE
Hang in there girl, YOU CAN DO THE DOUBLE DUTY, besides now the gauntlet has been thrown by Girlfrom and you're gonna need all the BUTT-ER MELTIN' YOU CAN GET!!!

Reso: So glad the sun came out for you today, even if it was at the end of the day and that it will return tomorrow

Looks like everyone is meltin BUTT-er and I'm tired. I have 5-year-old patrol in the AM and must get a little shut eye before I get up and face the "MACHINE" (treadmill) and then the rugrat

Sweet Dreams Everyone

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 06-01-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:10 AM   #95  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Quick post first, in case Sarge is still around...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!

I hope you've had a spectacular day, and you're having a FANTASTIC time in Vegas!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #96  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Rainbow: Thank you I'm really glad we've been seeing you around again! How is life going lately?

Sarge: LOL, I'll work on my 10 things list and see what I can do. It sounds like you're having such a blast on your trip - I'm so glad to hear it!

MadamB: Just because you can't wear those tight pants in public today, doesn't mean you won't be able to wear them in public in another few weeks! Maybe you could offer to do some kid duty next winter, and take advantage of the treadmill? Seems like a reasonable trade...

Live Laugh Love: Sorry you're so sick! Nice job though managing your food intake - that's definitely a big step! I hope you're feeling better soon.

girlfromstelle: That's one of the songs I added to my workout playlist! I really like it. But didn't get to listen to it tonight, as my iphone has been acting wonky and crapped out during my workout this evening. If you have any other songs to recommend by them, please send them my way!

dcapulet: Nice workout! I hope the 30 day shred is fun

celrae: I was looking at their tour schedule yesterday, and was disappointed to see that they're not coming anywhere near DC this summer! The closest is Philly, which I'd consider, but I'll be away on vacation that week. I hope I can catch them sometime though - they seem like they'd be great live. I'm glad your assessment went so well today!

K3LL3Y: I hope your first day at the new job went well!

Cheshire: Can you give me a sense of what the first NROL workout is like in terms of sets, reps and pounds for different exercises? I'm just kind of curious. How long did the workout take?

pokey: Sounds exhausting, but it seems like you had fun! How many days per week are you doing this class again? And is this the short (few weeks) or long class?

Resolute: SO glad it was a sunny day for you. My fingers will be crossed along with yours for good weather the rest of this week.

The scale was finally down a bit this morning, so that means I'm no longer up from last Monday. Relieved! I think part of the water retention must be hormonal, as it just doesn't make much sense to me otherwise. Anyway, today's calories were on-target as usual, and I got to the gym for a short-ish workout tonight - 2 miles on the treadmill. Tomorrow is my brother-in-law's birthday and he requested we go to Cheesecake Factory - not known for their low-cal menu items - and so I'm going to check out the menu ahead of time and find something reasonable to eat. Edit: OK, so I'm still pretty low on my calories today (about 300 under) and I was planning to find something more to eat before bed, but after looking at just how unreasonable pretty much every item on the Cheesecake Factory menu actually is, I think I'm going to save those extra calories for tomorrow. I ate pretty balanced today, so I should be ok.

Hope everyone has a great first day of June.

Last edited by chickadee32; 06-01-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Hope im not too late....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!!!

Now for a quickie... I didnt get to the gym today, but im going tomorrow morning for sure! Thanks for the motivation....its like you guys know me so well already!! An hour a day is better than nothing. '

LiveLaughLove: Sorry your feeling sick! Coughs are horrible! I dont mean to get gross and personal, but is it a productive cough? or a dry cough? If its productive you might have post nasal drip from a cold, try taking an anti-mucolytic agent and lots of cough drops and water!!

Cheshire: Have you ever tried the Jackie Warner videos for strength training? I did her video and never felt so sore in my life!!!

Pokey: You are HILARIOUS! Im so glad you are enjoying those classes and meltin that BUTT-er!!

Reso: Keep your head up and if you ever need to vent about anything going on...you know you have allll of here to support you!

Madam: LOL i loved Cullys quote of the day...so cute

Chickadee: Glad to see the scale is back on your side! It can be frustrating when hormones take over! Yummm Cheesecake! Well I think they actually have a weight management section on their menu that has low cal food!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by kneed2lose; 06-01-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #98  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

Ok, early post before kid duty;

My 10 x 10's so far this week

1. 10 extra crunches (4 kinds for 40 extra)
2. 10 push-ups
3. 10 - 10 oz of H2O
4. Parked 10 spaces from the last parked car (OK, so it was 9, but I was at the end of the parking lot)
5. 10 extra seconds running on my 2nd 10 minute run (Week 6, Day 2 was two 10 minute runs)
6. 10 dips on 10 different stairs (I'm feeling it this AM)
7. 10 minutes of stretching after my runs (legs are feeling much happier)
8. 10 extra minutes of biking on Monday

Ok, will be thinking of two more 10's while I attempt to tackle the treadmill this AM . . .

OK, off to kid duty . . . oh and I thought I worked today, but I'm off so I will be pantsless after a trip to the garden and until roomie comes home

Oh I almost forgot . . .

HAPPY, HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

Pokey, Have fun at Boot Camp

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 06-01-2011 at 06:35 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM   #99  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

good morning everyone. happy quickie hump day!! (just for you madam haha)
yeah sir sarge is coming home soon!!!

MISSION 10 X 10 COMPLETE SiR!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 06-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARGE!!!!!!

I hope you're enjoying your trip!!!! I've never been to Vegas but would love to check it out sometime! It seems like it would be fun!

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!
Looks like everyone is doing very well! I am aiming to head for the office gym during my lunch break today and get in an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill. Granted, I am going to look silly being on a treadmill in an ankle length skirt and black flats but I am going anyway!

Have an awesome day and kick some butt-er!!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
Oh I almost forgot . . .

HAPPY, HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

I am having flashbacks to previous threads now from this! LOL!!!! Love it!!!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #102  
Living the Life

Happy June Everyone!

It's also National Running Day.
So even if it's just a short jog to the mailbox, pick up your feet, swing those arms, feel the wind and enjoy a few moments of running fun.

I actually planned a cross training day..so I'm biking today. Right after I finish this I'm tossing the bike in the car and going out to a nice little trail I know.

Pokey-Good luck with kicking your butt-er class number 2 today!

Kneed-I have not heard of Jackie Warner. I'll have to look up her DVDs on Amazon later. Thanks.

Chickadee- Here's a quick run down of stage 1 from New Rules of Lifting (There are seven stages all together)

Workout A (2 sets of 15 for each to start with, going to 3 sets). They don't give a specific weight, you have to determine that on your own but they want you to progressively go up each workout)
squats
pushups
seated rows
step ups
prone jackknife

Workout B ( Same notes)
Deadlift
dumbbell shoulder press
wide grip lat pulldown
lunge
swiss ball crunch
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #103  

Height: 5' 8"

You all are cracking me up, I love it.

Yesterday morning while on the elyptical I got interupted by a call from the school to pick up my son early...he is recovering from a concussion...and did not get my extra 10 in. So last night I hopped on the elyptical to do the extra 10 I promised you all. For me that is HUGE, I do not like to work out in the evening. My son just got on the bus so I am going to head out and do C25K w1d3. I will add on atleast 10 extra minutes cool down.

SARGE - Hope you had a wonderful birthday and continue to enjoy your mission in Vegas.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #104  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

OK, Mission 5-year-old complete for the day, I did 10 min on the treadmill at incline 10, but not at 10mph . . . (that's not going to happen LOLOLOL) I just walked and as Cheshire just reminded us, it's National Running Day . . . hmmmm. It's not C25K day, but I think I'll just do a 5 min warm-up then just run until I just can't run anymore and see how far I get . . . I have to do it!!!

Then I'll check on the zucchini, oh and the rest of the garden too <snickering to myself> . . . Now I wish I had planted GIANT ASPARAGUS TOO . . . . LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 06-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #105  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

MadamB - your veggie humor is amazing!!! Between your veggie humor, and my physical slapstick variety, we should take this show on the road! I'm glad Mission 5 Year Old went well...small children in general actually scare me a bit.

Chickadee - The boxing is the longer class, T, Th, Sat from now till the end of August. It was DIFFICULT and I'm so sore today! I'd highly recommend boxing to anyone now just after the one day. I'm so happy that the scale is moving for you!!!! Hooray!

Kneed - I meant to mention earlier, good luck on your boards!!! You're in medical school, right? I work one on one with many physicians, and it never fails to amaze me how intense the schooling is, or how amazingly brilliant physicians are in general.

Sarge - oh yes. Gauntlet ACCEPTED! GirlfromStelle better bring it!!!

So, day 2 of "Operation BUTT-er Meltin'" but day 1 of Biggest Loser Bootcamp. You guys, I ROCKED it. Today was just the evaluation day, but I feel like I did well. Part of the evaluation was running as many laps around the indoor track as possible in ten minutes. I ran the most in the class by 4 laps!!! So that felt pretty good. And, I like their scale there, it says I weigh less than my scale at home.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 06-01-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Closed Thread