Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #76  

Height: 5'6''

Morning all....I'm kind of irritated this morning. I stepped on the scale and it's up four pounds WTF? I'm HOPING it's from all the exercise...I'm not terribly sore but I've done two hours of strength training in the last two days in addition to a few hours of cardio. I'm going to take it easy today...eat on plan, clean the house and walk the dog but nothing intense. I guess I feel like I'm holding on to a bit of water because my ring is feeling a little tight on my finger.
Annnnyway...not giving up!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:09 PM   #77  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

LucyF -- That's the spirit...NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN!!!!!

Not much chatter here today. Sarge will have to get creative again to keep morale up!

39 DAYS TIL SUMMER PLATOON. GET YOUR BOD READY!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #78  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

i hear you lucy, im having the same prob.

Just a quick check in all huggs ya keep up the awesome work ev1
Old 05-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #79  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone, I was a bit quiet today because I had a job interview this morning and was away from the computer. Got my walk in when I got home and the basic house work running around. I hope everyone is having as lovely a weather day as I am.
Cheers all
Old 05-12-2011, 07:35 PM   #80  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

GOOD AFTERNOON TROOPS

Yea SARGE, I was AWOL yesterday, worked days and then when I got home the "PARTY" had already started . . . My roomies B-day is today and he had some of his buddies over last night, lots of cerveza, tequilla and pizza. Yes I had one shot of tequilla and a piece of pizza BUT I didn't eat any cake Will see if I can't work it into my meals tomorrow or Saturday as it's Tres leches cake (mexican cake soaked in 3 milks, then covered with whipped cream and topped with peaches & strawberries) OH SOOOOO GOOOD!!!

WOW, LOTS of chatter yesterday . . . people facing fear in the face . . . I don't know what I fear as usually when something comes up that scares me then I just go at it FULL FORCE . . . I mean what's the worse that can happen . . .

ANYWAY: C25K, Week 4, Day 2 done . . . it didn't feel that hard So, I decided to measure how far I'm walking/jogging . . . so when I was done I hopped on the bike and followed the road where I ran and I'm up to 2.2 miles . . . I have no idea if that's good or not, but I think I'm happy with it . . .

OK, off to eat some supper . . . I'm hungry

TOMORROW WE START LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS . . . LET'S MAKE IT COUNT!!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT
Old 05-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #81  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Another day just about wrapped, worked, walked, getting ready to have some evening grub.

Scale dropped another pound today (218) , oh so happy that my efforts are being rewarded once again, funny thing is i'm not even really trying hard right now. Weather was very nice again today besides the wind i guess. Bike lock quit working so had to drive to work today, have to go see about a new one now.

Not much new, still living my life the way i need to, hope everyone is happy with their personal efforts, spend the least time agonizing over whether or not to do something needed, decide to do it and then just simply make it happen.

Facing my biggest current fear is going to be monumental, i don't know when but sometime very soon i will, if i fail i don't know what will happen, thats probably the worst part.

Love you all, keep digging away... step by step, day by day, we can and will climb mountains.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:53 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Resolute said "make it happen and live your life the way you need to"!

I challenged my self with a crossfit type workout tonight. It was hot tonight and I kept a good pace, feels nice.
5 rep of 10 Air Squats
65 min walking
10 reps of walking up steep hill (took 10 min)
10 reps of church stairs
Total = 80 min workout
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Reso: congrats on the lb loss! Must feel wonderful to get the scale moving again. Those plateaus (did I spell that right) are so frustrating.

Butterfly: You're doing great! I always finish my workouts at 2 miles, and I always feel like I've been working hard. That's awesome if it's feeling easy for you.

I just finished week 5-2. Officially running more minutes than I'm walking! And I got my first compliment at work...well sort of. I told a couple friends at work that I'm considering cutting my hair short and asked their opinions. One of them said, "Oh don't! Your face is looking thinner now that your hair is longer." So part of me is jumping for joy that someone finally noticed...and the other part of me was thinking, "Really? I've been working my a$# off and my hair gets the credit?!" How can 40 lbs be that subtle? How much did you all lose before people started noticing?
Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #84  
Living the Life

Just checking in for the night.
I did a 40 minute walk with my co-worker.
Then I was so hungry so I ate a snack. (Honey Nut Cheerios. I seriously love cereal--any kind, I could eat it all the time) Read a little to digest it. Then got back on it and just finished 40 minutes of a whole body work out.

Yay for sweat!!

Lucy-Good attitude. Just keep going. We all know those scales like to make life hard some days. Just keep going and it will work!

MadamB- 2.2 miles is awesome!! And I so hear you on the Tres Leche Cake. Definite yum. Way to go having control over yourself with just partaking a little sample of the festivities.

Reso-That's so great the scale is agreeing with your step back. Whoo.

Celrea-Nice challenge for yourself!!

I just signed up for my next round of races. I stuck with another couple of 1/2 marathons in the Fall time.
One has the slogan: Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead. HA...how could I not want a shirt that says that!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I have been terribly busy with work these days, they are trying to kill me before my vacation. I have been squeezing in excerise 30mins at least everyday jumped on the scales for a weigh in and down 2 lbs. YIPPIE
Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/145

Just finished week 2/day 2 of C25k...I gotta say...i am having a hard time!! Im not a runner at all, and this is kickin my butt! I walk at 3.0, and for the jogging part i start at 5.0 and try to gradually increase every interval. I was able to run at an 8.0 for about a min. today! Maybe thats why its becoming so hard for me. Mad props to those who are on their C25k journey!

Reso: Congrats on the Lb loss! And you wont fail....you have all of us here to push you through it!

MadamB: I think Tres Leche cake is one of my many forms of kryptonite!

Lucy: Great attitude!!

Last edited by kneed2lose; 05-13-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:01 AM   #87  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Grrrrrrrrrr, I just typed out a bunch of personals, and then accidentally hit some combo of keys that took me back a page and I lost my post! That will teach me not to write so much, lol.

Well, I'm firmly back on the exercise wagon after being off last week while husband was in the hospital, and I have gone to the gym every day this week. Calories are fine as usual, but the scale is holding steady due to TOM. I'm hoping I see a drop before the end of the week, but who knows... it will happen when it happens. I may make Saturday my weigh-in day for this week, as I have dinner out on Saturday night and it will be the first meal since January where I won't be calorie counting. My advisor is taking myself and his two other PhD students to CityZen, one of the best restaurants in DC. I couldn't estimate the calories if I wanted to, but I don't want to anyway. The chef is a James Beard award winner, and it's the kind of meal that should be enjoyed - so enjoy it I will. I am going to eat low on my calories though tomorrow and during the day on Saturday to try to mitigate some of the damage, and I definitely plan to work out the next three days.

Cheshire: Glad the end of the school year is nearing! Do you have any big plans for the summer?

Sarge: Yikes, hope the cocktail party went ok!

K3LL3Y: I hope the interview went well for you!

lucyford: Definitely water weight! I am glad you are taking it easy but still being active... that's the best way to get it off, in my experience.

MadamB: NICE JOB resisting the cake last night! I love that cake too, and probably would have caved and had a bite, lol. Good idea to plan so that you can fit it in on another day this weekend.

Resolute: Congratulations on seeing another pound drop! I am really glad you are letting your body heal up a bit. And whatever the fear is, facing it and getting past it, one way or another, will be better than holding on to the fear. I know it's easier said than done though.

celrae: Nice workout today!

bnhtla: I'd go with the jumping for joy part. I am down 56 lbs, and no one who doesn't already know I'm losing weight has noticed (or at least, no one has said anything). That's ok though - it just means that when we get to our goal, the difference between before and after will be huge.

Misstiff: Yay on the loss!!

kneed: Great job getting through day 2! That kind of speed is definitely going to make it tougher... maybe slow it down a bit until it feels more comfortable to increase the pace again?

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Last edited by chickadee32; 05-13-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 215/144/125

Height: 5'5"

omgomgomg!!! I did it! I am into the 140's/NORMAL BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on top of the world right now!! Today makes 65.5 pounds lost since I had my daughter (she turns 10 months on Sunday). I am on top of the world right now I honestly started crying when I stepped on the scale this morning! I just can't believe it!!

Sorry... I hope everyone has a great day today! I am off to do my weight loss Pilates, clean, bring my son to school and then my daughter and I are off to go buy me a new bathing suit as my goal present!!
Old 05-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #89  
Living the Life

Friday is here. Happy Day!!

Congratulations Kendra! That is so awesome! Enjoy bathing suit shopping.

I think I am going to take a easy day. I'll do some yoga when I get home to stretch out. Give my muscles some time to patch themselves up.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #90  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow Kendra Congratulations!
I love hearing about your success. It is such great motivation for me to see someone get so far. Have you done it all in 10 months! That's amazing.
Won't it be great to have fun bathing suit shopping

I was just going to check in this morning. I realized that I'm not really doing the c25k week 1. Since I don't have treadmill access I figured out a ~2.5mi loop in the neighborhood and based my run/walk on my playlist. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm getting out there and pushing myself to keep going. So I'll keep trying to run a song and then walk a song .
Tomorrow my husband and I are going to go on a hike. Probably more of a trail walk but it will be fun.
Have a Happy Friday everyone.
Closed Thread